Wedding Woes

Thirsty Thursday!!

What’s everyone up to?

I’m happy this week is almost over…I’ve got a pool party tomorrow and going car shopping after work.

It will be a nice distraction since this week has been such a CF.

Anyone have any fun plans today?? 

Re: Thirsty Thursday!!

• SSC's irrational annoyance of the day - when people mansplain and say exactly what you said, but act like it was their idea.

Me - "Want me to email this person and ask about X"?
    Boss - "Please email this person and be sure to ask about X".

Gee, thanks. I would never have thought of that. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • This work load will be dwindling until after the holiday.  We always go slow around the 4th.

Has anyone ever used an airbrush make up kit?  kinda like the infomercial luminous silk but any brand really.  LS doesn't have great reviews according to amazon....any personal experience on here?

• SSC's irrational annoyance of the day - when people mansplain and say exactly what you said, but act like it was their idea.

Me - "Want me to email this person and ask about X"?
    Boss - "Please email this person and be sure to ask about X".

Gee, thanks. I would never have thought of that. 
    100% this

The other day I had someone in middle management asking the only male on my team detailed questions for a marketing strategy I created for one of our clients.

My team kept referring the questions to me, but he didn't care  :*
  • @NBSquared2017, car shopping!  Squee!  At least I hope it is for a good reason, lol.  What are you all thinking about?  According to a friend who was in car sales for a number of years, you can typically get 9% off the price of a used car (if it's priced at KBB retail) and 12% off the MSRP of a new car.  You'll need to squeeze them hard, like an orange becoming juice, and potentially utilize "walk out" threats of going to another dealership.  In addition, if you all can hold off until August, that is a better time to go shopping if you all are looking to buy new.  The 2019 models start coming into the dealerships in Aug./Sept. and they will make better deals for any 2018s they have left.

@ShesSoCold, not so much a mansplain, but I was given an annoying task yesterday by the Big Boss.  About a year ago, we started a new project.  But it was related to an existing project and another dormant project.  I originally put the Purchase Orders (PO) related to the existing project into the database under the existing.  Because they were coming out of that budget anyway.  A few months in, I was told to move them to the new project.  So I did.  It's been like that for many more months.  But I guess the client finally noticed that the other day and wanted them moved back to the existing project.  Where I had put them to begin with, smh.  So that was a useless 90 minutes of my day.  At least it's their 90 minutes, lol.

I talked to my mechanic yesterday (still didn't bring my car to them) and he had a potentially easy fix I can do myself.  I'm going to try it at lunch but, I cannot be that lucky, so I'm not holding out much hope.  We haven't gone in person to see it yet, but my H and I decided to buy that work van, even if my car miraculously starts working again with the mechanic's suggestion.  Assuming it doesn't have a salvage title and passes a mechanical inspection.

One of our tenants called and sent a text message last night after 9PM that her a/c was broken.  The HVAC is barely 4 years old and we had to spend a few hundred bucks on a repair LAST year.  I am really irritated and really unimpressed with how crappy that is.  Plus, she's all mad about it.  Which is one of the annoying things about tenants.  Yeah, lady, s**t breaks.  S**t breaks when it is your own house too.  And you'd be doing exactly what I'm doing.  Waiting until morning to get an a/c tech out there.  Because A/C ERs, open 24/7, do not exist.  And there isn't magic fairy dust that I can go over and sprinkle on the unit to make it instantly work.

Tomorrow is going to be a short week at work, so I'll be busy today trying to get a jumpstart on my weekly and monthly reports.  But not to busy for Prudie :)!  Prudie is probably the only highlight of my day, at this point, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This work load will be dwindling until after the holiday.  We always go slow around the 4th.

Has anyone ever used an airbrush make up kit?  kinda like the infomercial luminous silk but any brand really.  LS doesn't have great reviews according to amazon....any personal experience on here?
    @charmedpam - I've never used the kit, but I have gotten airbrush makeup and I loved it. I would be scared I would spray it in my eyes if I did it myself. 

@charmedpam - I've never used the kit, but I have gotten airbrush makeup and I loved it. I would be scared I would spray it in my eyes if I did it myself. 

I have pondered at various times getting one also.  Which is a bit hilarious because I don't even wear typical concealer make-up and would be too lazy to deal with it every morning anyway.

Why would I want this again?  Yet I do, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @NBSquared2017, car shopping!  Squee!  At least I hope it is for a good reason, lol.  What are you all thinking about?  According to a friend who was in car sales for a number of years, you can typically get 9% off the price of a used car (if it's priced at KBB retail) and 12% off the MSRP of a new car.  You'll need to squeeze them hard, like an orange becoming juice, and potentially utilize "walk out" threats of going to another dealership.  In addition, if you all can hold off until August, that is a better time to go shopping if you all are looking to buy new.  The 2019 models start coming into the dealerships in Aug./Sept. and they will make better deals for any 2018s they have left.

@ShesSoCold, not so much a mansplain, but I was given an annoying task yesterday by the Big Boss.  About a year ago, we started a new project.  But it was related to an existing project and another dormant project.  I originally put the Purchase Orders (PO) related to the existing project into the database under the existing.  Because they were coming out of that budget anyway.  A few months in, I was told to move them to the new project.  So I did.  It's been like that for many more months.  But I guess the client finally noticed that the other day and wanted them moved back to the existing project.  Where I had put them to begin with, smh.  So that was a useless 90 minutes of my day.  At least it's their 90 minutes, lol.

I talked to my mechanic yesterday (still didn't bring my car to them) and he had a potentially easy fix I can do myself.  I'm going to try it at lunch but, I cannot be that lucky, so I'm not holding out much hope.  We haven't gone in person to see it yet, but my H and I decided to buy that work van, even if my car miraculously starts working again with the mechanic's suggestion.  Assuming it doesn't have a salvage title and passes a mechanical inspection.

One of our tenants called and sent a text message last night after 9PM that her a/c was broken.  The HVAC is barely 4 years old and we had to spend a few hundred bucks on a repair LAST year.  I am really irritated and really unimpressed with how crappy that is.  Plus, she's all mad about it.  Which is one of the annoying things about tenants.  Yeah, lady, s**t breaks.  S**t breaks when it is your own house too.  And you'd be doing exactly what I'm doing.  Waiting until morning to get an a/c tech out there.  Because A/C ERs, open 24/7, do not exist.  And there isn't magic fairy dust that I can go over and sprinkle on the unit to make it instantly work.

Tomorrow is going to be a short week at work, so I'll be busy today trying to get a jumpstart on my weekly and monthly reports.  But not to busy for Prudie :)!  Prudie is probably the only highlight of my day, at this point, lol.

@short+sassy -  My Honda Civic has almost 200,000 miles and I have had some major repairs over the last year. We've put in about $2,000 worth of work and I'm sure that's about what my car is worth. We just realized this week that the air conditioner is not working. I'll need to replace the compressor and from a monetary perspective, it's just not worth it. 

Part of H's contract is that his job pays for a car payment as long as he's with the practice (up to $600), so we figure now is the perfect time to start looking for the both of us. I could probably wait until August, but he's ready to look now since they can start paying in July. 

As far as the type of car - I really like the new Honda HR-V! He's a got an Audi, so I think he's more interested in the Audi Q3 or VW Atlas. 

Thank you for the advice - H already told me he's not afraid to walk away, there are so many dealers and someone is always willing to make a reasonable deal!  
  • Jen4948 said:
    Right now I'm taking online assessments for a job I applied to.
    Good luck! Hopefully, you'll make it through this phase of the hiring process!
  • I have a Drs appt tonight (now, I am in the waiting room) and then I think DH is going out with some friends. I am looking forward to Prudie and watching something DH would grumble about. 

I know! The results look great.  But I've been tricked by infomercials before.....

mostly all of them.

• My last car payment is in July and I feel the urge to get a new car, but that’s financially stupid so I won’t. There’s nothing wrong with the one I have other than I don’t “feel like” owning it anymore. 

Last night was rough. I just want to pass the semester. I don’t even care about As anymore. Some people were forced out of the class after the midterm so the threat of failure is real. 

Dinner tonight with the parents. I have a certification class tomorrow that I’m not excited about, but I’m required to attend. At least it will be done for two years. 

Good luck @Jen4948!

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2018
    I bought my car last year.  July 3rd to be exact and I already want a new one.  Reason?  Even in a 20 minute, a/c BLASTING ride, I can still exit the car with the back of me drenched in sweat.  Next car needs heating AND air conditioned seats.  I did not know that when picking out my pleather seats. 
    eta words

• I'm itching for a new car too. We paid off H's truck a couple months ago so the financial moron in me is all "Your car sucks. You have no car payment right now. You can afford a car payment. Get that Buick". But with planning our move, who knows what we'll be making and the less bills we've got, the better.

Plus, Montana has no sales tax and per my google search, is one of the best states to buy a car in so there's no real reason not to wait until we get there. 

So there's like 40 reasons not to buy and the only reason to buy is "Well I wanna!". So, I'll have to keep turning my A/C down every time I need to accelerate. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I'm itching for a new car too. We paid off H's truck a couple months ago so the financial moron in me is all "Your car sucks. You have no car payment right now. You can afford a car payment. Get that Buick". But with planning our move, who knows what we'll be making and the less bills we've got, the better.

Plus, Montana has no sales tax and per my google search, is one of the best states to buy a car in so there's no real reason not to wait until we get there. 

So there's like 40 reasons not to buy and the only reason to buy is "Well I wanna!". So, I'll have to keep turning my A/C down every time I need to accelerate. 
    I hope you're not driving fast this weekend :)

I hope you're not driving fast this weekend :)
    Right?! Thankfully I'm going to the lake and my sister, whose car has an actual engine that is made for a car and not a lawn mower, is driving. It's gunna be MISERABLE this weekend! 
  • @NBSquared2017 We bought a 2018 Honda CR-V in December when my 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix finally became too costly to fix. I am the primary driver and I absolutely love it!  Smooth ride, comfortable seats, intuitive controls, and great gas mileage. I believe the HR-V is just the smaller version of the CR-V, so hopefully you find the same when you test drive.  
  • @short+sassy -  My Honda Civic has almost 200,000 miles and I have had some major repairs over the last year. We've put in about $2,000 worth of work and I'm sure that's about what my car is worth. We just realized this week that the air conditioner is not working. I'll need to replace the compressor and from a monetary perspective, it's just not worth it. 

Part of H's contract is that his job pays for a car payment as long as he's with the practice (up to $600), so we figure now is the perfect time to start looking for the both of us. I could probably wait until August, but he's ready to look now since they can start paying in July. 

As far as the type of car - I really like the new Honda HR-V! He's a got an Audi, so I think he's more interested in the Audi Q3 or VW Atlas. 

Thank you for the advice - H already told me he's not afraid to walk away, there are so many dealers and someone is always willing to make a reasonable deal!  

I had a Honda Civic years ago!  Great car.  If it came in a convertible form, I would have bought one of those.  As an aside, more cars need to have a convertible option, lol.  I drove that puppy into the ground!  I bought it a few years old and drove it for 9 more years until the transmission started slipping.  Then I sold it because the repair would have been more than the car was worth.  Plus, it had been 9 years!  I was ready for a different car anyway.  I think the mileage was around 125K at that point.

The only thing I had go wrong with it in that time was the A/C compressor...yeeessss...apparently those are still an issue.  Mine actually broke twice!  I had an extended warranty the first time and just didn't fix it the second time.  And the motor for the driver's side windows failed and I had to replace it.  You don't realize how much you roll your windows down, until you can't anymore, lol.  Though, luckily it failed in the "up" position.

I think it's manageable to have a car without a/c.  You can get by rolling the windows down.  Plus, it's only needed for a few months out of the year anyway.  And this is coming from a gal who lives in one of the hottest, most humid places in the country.

Fun fact.  Southeast Louisiana is a good bit more humid than even the rest of South.  Cotton plants LOVE heat...hence why they are grown in Egypt, AZ, and southern states.  But the humidity is too high south of Baton Rouge for them to grow here.  The bulbs start to rot before they're ripe.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it's manageable to have a car without a/c.  You can get by rolling the windows down.  Plus, it's only needed for a few months out of the year anyway.  And this is coming from a gal who lives in one of the hottest, most humid places in the country.

Girl, you are out your damned mind.

I use my remote start in the summer so I don't have to wait for the air to get cold. LOL 

I should have also mentioned that I am CHEAP and will put up with a lot to avoid a $1500 repair, lol.  And that was the price over 10 years ago.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You know those self stirring mugs?  I bought one for my coffee because I was sick and tired of stirring coffee like it was 2017.  It's battery operated, so I usually just hand wash it and put it in the drying rack for the next day.
    Last night someone took the initiative (no one EVER does) to load up the dishwasher and it was in there this morning.  I'm amazed because even being washed with the batteries it still works!
    and now I have to remember to put my mug away in the cupboard at the end of the work day when it's finally dry.  This is going to be the worst. 

• Hi Stranger-Friends!  I'm alive!

Yesterday was our last large event for a while anyways.  We had 9 hours of service for 150 guests, 3 meals.  It poured, we were on a race track, our team was literally drenched and working in 5" of water, and everyone raved.  Days like that scare some people but we all feel like rock stars!

I'm in the office now, got here about 30 minutes ago and I want to go shopping.  I'm probably going to cut out early, not gonna lie.

Sorry, I'm way behind....

@Jen4948 Good luck!  Everytime I do log in I hope for better news from you!

@ShesSoCold Montana!  That's amazing!  I've been there once, it's breathtaking.

@NBSquared2017 I'm an American car only girl, so if you want input on Big 3 vehicles I'm your girl:).

@short+sassy re:  A/C

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    On the car theme- I realized m2 weighs more than how her car seat is configured. I pulled it out and holy shit under the seat was DISGUSTING. It led me to pull out all the car seats and boosters and scrub my interior. It also lead me to finding that max weighs too much for his seat in any configuration and 6let’s is expired. 

Im sitting at the pool trying to figure out what all I need to get. I hate car seats. 
  • AC is not optional. Lol. This was a year ago but it will easily get there again this year. 

Send help. It’s supposed to be above 100 next week and I’m already angry about it. 

• levioosa said:
    AC is not optional. Lol. This was a year ago but it will easily get there again this year. 

Send help. It’s supposed to be above 100 next week and I’m already angry about it. 
    I'm so tired I first thought that was 243 degrees.  Dear Lord - 113!  That also gets a big fat no from me.
  • And speaking of heat...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/a-city-in-oman-just-posted-the-world’s-hottest-low-temperature-ever-recorded-109-degrees/ar-AAzgjCq?ocid=ientp

But, of course global warming doesn't exist.  That's just a made up conspiracy by those deeerned, crazy liberal Democrats//s.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2018
    levioosa said:
    AC is not optional. Lol. This was a year ago but it will easily get there again this year. 

I'm so tired I first thought that was 243 degrees.  Dear Lord - 113!  That also gets a big fat no from me.
    nope.  I saw 243 first too!  
    edit: 113 isn't that much better than 243

• Oh I love you @short+sassy but I'm going with the peanut gallery that having AC in the car is not an option.    I was the driver of friends 10 years ago to shuttle from a wedding to reception (wife of a groomsman has other duties!) and on THAT DAY the AC broke and it was in the 90s.   

Windows. Schmindows. We were hot and wearing our dress clothes that stuck to us, dudes were in ties and my hair was a mess.   On other days you can get the thighstick.  Nope nope nope.  Also, when it gets too hot DD gets overheated and the rubber floor mats get rinsed.  NOPE. 
  • banana468 said:
    Oh I love you @short+sassy but I'm going with the peanut gallery that having AC in the car is not an option.    I was the driver of friends 10 years ago to shuttle from a wedding to reception (wife of a groomsman has other duties!) and on THAT DAY the AC broke and it was in the 90s.   

Windows. Schmindows. We were hot and wearing our dress clothes that stuck to us, dudes were in ties and my hair was a mess.   On other days you can get the thighstick.  Nope nope nope.  Also, when it gets too hot DD gets overheated and the rubber floor mats get rinsed.  NOPE. 

All right, Peanut Gallery, I'll admit when I'm wrong :).

Though I remember when I didn't have a/c that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  It would be hot running errands.  But, on the highway driving 65 MPH, lots of wind to cool things down.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • banana468 said:
    Oh I love you @short+sassy but I'm going with the peanut gallery that having AC in the car is not an option.    I was the driver of friends 10 years ago to shuttle from a wedding to reception (wife of a groomsman has other duties!) and on THAT DAY the AC broke and it was in the 90s.   

All right, Peanut Gallery, I'll admit when I'm wrong :).

Though I remember when I didn't have a/c that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  It would be hot running errands.  But, on the highway driving 65 MPH, lots of wind to cool things down.

Probably not terrible on a shorts and T shirt kind of day in the front.   But it sucks when you're in the back or the car is crowded.

My mom hated AC and it broke in her car and she refused to fix it.   My brother and I hated driving with her because it was just so gross in there.  And she didn't drive fast enough to make it cool.

Plus as they say, it's not the heat - it's the HUMIDITY!