Wedding Woes

I...got nuthin' (PRUDIE!)

Dear Prudence, 
I’ve been having weird dreams about my brothers for years that confuse me and make me uncomfortable around them. They’re sex dreams; in the dream world we’ve usually been having a secret romantic and sexual relationship for several years. I feel very uneasy when I wake up from these dreams, especially because I do not think about my brothers in this way at all. I don’t even like thinking about having sex; I’m asexual and it’s not my thing. These dreams seem to increase in frequency when I’m stressed, and having them makes me even more stressed out. What can I do to get over this weird, icky feeling I have whenever I’m around them after these messed-up dreams?
—Weirded-Out Sister

Re: I...got nuthin' (PRUDIE!)

• Our usual response?  Therapy. 

• I assume Prudie prescribed therapy too.
  • Our usual response?  Therapy. 

Actually, before therapy, I would suggest the LW read up on some books about dreams, how they work, what they can mean.  I totally understand why they are finding this dream super creepy.  But the sub-conscious is trying to tell the LW that possibly has nothing to do with sex or even her brother.

I almost never have "sex" dreams.  But I did once about one of my tenants.  Super creepy also.  I was married.  He was married.  He's a decent enough looking guy, but I'd never even remotely had any even slightly flirty thoughts about him.  I just chalked it up to one of those "weird dreams, who knows what it really means".

Thanks for picking up the Prudie torch, @baconsmom!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think some reading on dreams along with some self-O's and it'll resolve itself...  asexual doesn't mean never-ever LOL..