Wedding Woes

I am NOT the father.

Dear Prudence,

My cousin, who is two years younger than me, is pregnant. Last week I found out she has been telling people I am the father. The two of us went on an overnight road trip to visit our grandmother around the time her baby would have been conceived. This trip was well documented on her social media. How do I get her to stop telling people I am the father? And how do I address people thinking I slept with her?

—Baby Trip

Re: I am NOT the father.

• Erm, why is she telling people her COUSIN is the baby's father!? What in the hell?
  • As in she thinks she's being funny? The only thing LW CAN do is go around trying to spread the truth behind all her lies.

• WHAT.

THE.

FUCK.
    You beat me to it. 

Wtf is wrong with her? I feel so bad for LW. What an awful shitty rumor. 

Also this poor child. 

• I keep thinking about this. 

And I'm very curious as to what the truth is, since this person feels better telling people that her freaking COUSIN is the father. Like, who actually is the dad, that would be worse than your family member? 

Same.  I do have questions about the cousin's mental state.  Also, I am curious how the cousin is? (And LW for that matter)  
  • If I were LW I would contact the cousin re: banana's language, but then I'd also be cutting social media ties with cousin (and probably take any tags from that weekend down). 

If cousin is thinking spreading this type of rumor is okay, who knows what else they're capable of. Take steps to protect yourself. 

But also; what SSC said, WTF?!?!
  • Did you sleep with your cousin? This is the key!! OMG...
  • Sue cousin for slander.