Wedding Woes

Monday! A-freaking-gain.

2»

Re: Monday! A-freaking-gain.

• mrsconn23 said:
    I'm here.  Tired AF.  We were OOT this weekend and it was fun, but I wish I could have enjoyed it more.  I slept like shit and there's something out at the farm that kicked up my allergies really bad.   I took meds when we got home and feel better today.  I also have a scratch on my face and it hurts.  

DH's good friend is in town from CA and staying at our house.  His son just graduated HS and is staying here for college.  His friend is a lot to take, even when he's trying his best to not be so...him.  He hasn't stayed with us in 7-8 years.  I wish he would have come earlier this summer, as we thought he was going to because I feel like getting back to 'normal' is never going to happen at this point.   

I plan on limping it out until Friday, hopefully without losing my mind, and then doing as little as possible this coming weekend.  I am going to Evanescence and Lindsay Stirling on Thursday.  My friend invited me to Macklemore and Ke$ha next Thursday.  I keep getting invited to concerts when people's dates/friends back out.  It's hard to say no to 'free' concert tix, ha. 
    That is one concert I'd go to! Evanescence....don't know who Lindsay Stirling is.  Hope you can recoup this weekend!

• mrsconn23 said:
    I'm here.  Tired AF.  We were OOT this weekend and it was fun, but I wish I could have enjoyed it more.  I slept like shit and there's something out at the farm that kicked up my allergies really bad.   I took meds when we got home and feel better today.  I also have a scratch on my face and it hurts.  

DH's good friend is in town from CA and staying at our house.  His son just graduated HS and is staying here for college.  His friend is a lot to take, even when he's trying his best to not be so...him.  He hasn't stayed with us in 7-8 years.  I wish he would have come earlier this summer, as we thought he was going to because I feel like getting back to 'normal' is never going to happen at this point.   

I plan on limping it out until Friday, hopefully without losing my mind, and then doing as little as possible this coming weekend.  I am going to Evanescence and Lindsay Stirling on Thursday.  My friend invited me to Macklemore and Ke$ha next Thursday.  I keep getting invited to concerts when people's dates/friends back out.  It's hard to say no to 'free' concert tix, ha. 
    That is one concert I'd go to! Evanescence....don't know who Lindsay Stirling is.  Hope you can recoup this weekend!
    She's a violinist.  She uses an electric violin and also does choreographed dancing in her performances.   I think she got her start on YouTube.   She was on Dancing with the Stars in the last year or so.  She's awesome.  
  • I see they're playing Ravinia here in Chicago. TOMORROW.  So not enough time to gather anyone to go with me *IF* I even had friends who would go! And H is working :( 

• @OliveOilsMom, when you say there was a house fire a few months back was that your all's house?  Or a nearby house?  I'm glad they were all false alarms but, I know when I'm woken up a few times while I'm sleeping, it's like I might as well have just been awake because I will feel like I got no sleep.

This was weird and coincidental.  A six-plex down the street (same block) from one of our rentals caught on fire last week and, unfortunately, there was one fatality.  It was actually up for sale.  My H and I looked at it a few weeks ago!  Though not a showing, just a drive past, and decided we weren't that interested.  It is actually 3 duplexes on the same lot.  From the pics on the article, the fire looked like it was contained to only one upstairs unit.  The buildings are pretty worn and shoddy.  I can't help but wonder if there was a working smoke detector in that unit, considering the deferred maintenance on the exteriors.  Sad, whatever the answer is.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    90 day Fiance records like 3 episodes everytime there is a new one and it drives me crazy bc then I have to look and figure out which is actually the new, normal version.

S+S I think it was over on Chit Chat wasn't it? Maybe we need a new 90 day Fiance thread here. 

I remember it being on this one, but I could be wrong.  There is a lot more activity on this board than Chit Chat, nowadays.

I'll start a new one here.  But I'll need to be strong and resist temptation to look at the responses until after I've gotten caught up on the episodes, lol.

Oh no, you all!!!   I went to make a small edit (in the text) on the 90-Day Fiance post I created.  And the whole thing disappeared!  I even looked in my profile for discussions I started and it wasn't there either.  Weird.  Hopefully it comes back with some time.  If not, I'll create another one after I watch the next episode.  Oh well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2018
    kvruns said:
    90 day Fiance records like 3 episodes everytime there is a new one and it drives me crazy bc then I have to look and figure out which is actually the new, normal version.

S+S I think it was over on Chit Chat wasn't it? Maybe we need a new 90 day Fiance thread here. 

I remember it being on this one, but I could be wrong.  There is a lot more activity on this board than Chit Chat, nowadays.

I'll start a new one here.  But I'll need to be strong and resist temptation to look at the responses until after I've gotten caught up on the episodes, lol.

Oh no, you all!!!   I went to make a small edit (in the text) on the 90-Day Fiance post I created.  And the whole thing disappeared!  I even looked in my profile for discussions I started and it wasn't there either.  Weird.  Hopefully it comes back with some time.  If not, I'll create another one after I watch the next episode.  Oh well.
    Oh! I might be able to fix it...hold please!

ETA - I think it actually worked!! I'm shocked!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @OliveOilsMom, when you say there was a house fire a few months back was that your all's house?  Or a nearby house?  I'm glad they were all false alarms but, I know when I'm woken up a few times while I'm sleeping, it's like I might as well have just been awake because I will feel like I got no sleep.

This was weird and coincidental.  A six-plex down the street (same block) from one of our rentals caught on fire last week and, unfortunately, there was one fatality.  It was actually up for sale.  My H and I looked at it a few weeks ago!  Though not a showing, just a drive past, and decided we weren't that interested.  It is actually 3 duplexes on the same lot.  From the pics on the article, the fire looked like it was contained to only one upstairs unit.  The buildings are pretty worn and shoddy.  I can't help but wonder if there was a working smoke detector in that unit, considering the deferred maintenance on the exteriors.  Sad, whatever the answer is.

@short+sassy The house fire was down the block across the street.  We could clearly see the fire coming out of the garage from our front window.  Police had already responded by the time we woke up and looked out our bedroom window.  But it was 4 AM when it happened to them and our false alarm, so it made me more on edge.
  • My standing desk arrived!! I'm so excited!! 

I dare not set it up today because with the way everything else is going, I'm sure to break it or myself.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • kvruns said:

Oh! I might be able to fix it...hold please!

ETA - I think it actually worked!! I'm shocked!

Thanks!  It is back! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ShesSoCold said: 
    Does anyone watch Married at First Sight? That's my FAVORITE and the new season starts tomorrow. I'm so excited.

ETA - @thisismynickname2 I've never been to the bean. Hell, I've never even been up the Sears tower. We do keep saying we should just spend a weekend there and pretend we don't live here. LOL. Maybe someday
    My H and I love Married at First Sight! We are so mad because FYI was dropped from our cable package. We have to figure out how we are going to keep watching. 
  • ShesSoCold said: 
    Does anyone watch Married at First Sight? That's my FAVORITE and the new season starts tomorrow. I'm so excited.

ETA - @thisismynickname2 I've never been to the bean. Hell, I've never even been up the Sears tower. We do keep saying we should just spend a weekend there and pretend we don't live here. LOL. Maybe someday
    My H and I love Married at First Sight! We are so mad because FYI was dropped from our cable package. We have to figure out how we are going to keep watching. 

Now you all are making me curious!

@littlemushroom, check FYI's website.  Nowadays, most channels have streaming shows on their website.  That is how I am catching up on the episodes I missed of 90-Day Fiance.  I'm watching them on the TLC website.

You Tube might even have them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Married at First Sight is on Lifetime now! 

H makes fun of me because now I watch Lifetime. LOL 

I will have to check if we have Lifetime!  If so, hopefully we can stream from their site.

FYI has the shows on their website, but they are only available if you log in to the cable provider. It knows it isn't available to us so we can't watch on their site anymore. 

I will have to check if we have Lifetime!  If so, hopefully we can stream from their site.

FYI has the shows on their website, but they are only available if you log in to the cable provider. It knows it isn't available to us so we can't watch on their site anymore. 

Actually, I'm not sure that's true.  I think you just need to have a cable account.  My H explained to me why, I don't remember the reason, but it had nothing to do with "checking" to make sure the person had that channel as part of their package.  However, I have never tested out this theory.  It's worth a shot! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker