Wedding Woes

Friday!!!!

21 hrs until we are on the road to vacation!!!

I was planning to sleep in, but apparently that meant 6:07.  Got up and starting washing sheets, cleaning litter boxes, charging DVD players, and pumping out work reports.  Next up a workout and more little things on my to do list.

I CANNOT WAIT TO HAVE MY TOES IN THE SAND!!

Re: Friday!!!!

• Have a great vacation, @6fsn
    Happy Anniversary, @sheessocold. I always prep/buy to much food.  Having leftovers is definitely a thing for me when I host. 
    @climbingwife, that sounds awesome.  I hope you enjoy the food!

Nothing going on for me.  I just hope I can make the farmers market sometime tomorrow to stock up on my ground beef and pork.  But I may be 1 hour away and decide to go next week instead.

Last night H and I went and saw Hotel Transylvania 3.  It was cute....but I wanted it to be better.  Thankfully we're A-listers and can get up to 12 movies a month for $20.95, so nothing is ever a loss anymore. 

• It sounds like everyone has great food and plans lined up for the weekend. I’m jealous! 

Work today and tomorrow. Yesterday sucked between the environment and being sick so I’m not looking forward to it. But FI and I are both off this Sunday so that’s nice. We need a relaxing day. 

• @6fsn, have fun on your vacation!  Sounds soooo great!

@ShesSoCold, I love, love, love Brazilian steakhouses!  I've been to three different ones in three different cities and they were all amazing, lol.  I think you all will really enjoy the experience.  Happy anniversary!  But are pizza leftovers really such a "problem" place to find yourself in, lol.

@climbingwife, enjoy the great restaurant!

@charlotte989875, calling out to you!  I found out at my real estate meeting last night that, as of right now, Congress has still not approved funding for the NFIP.  That's the government backed National Flood Insurance program.  Without this, it will expire on July 31st.  Chances are, there will be a scramble at the last minute to get this pushed through.  That is what has happened before.  However, if it goes past July 31st, all home closings nationwide that involve a lender requiring flood insurance will halt until it is resolved.

In other words, if the house you are all buying is not in a flood plain, ie an X-Flood Zone, then you're lender won't require flood insurance and you all will be fine.  I'm assuming that is the case for you all.  Or if you all close this coming Friday, which I know is the hope, then the flood insurance would already be purchased before the deadline...just barely, lol...and it's still fine.

Today and the weekend are dedicated to errands and de-cluttering.  But there will also be a nice amount of just hanging out at the house, relaxation, and down time.  Which is always welcome.  That's about it for me, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So much food talk.... mmmmmm

DH has a half marathon downtown on Sunday so, in hopes the weather holds up, I'm looking forward to taking the baby down to cheer him on and then wandering around with her. Maybe take her to the riverwalk. 

I had a work win yesterday. This year I moved into our legal department and a few weeks ago my boss's boss assigned me to federal government project so I was rather feeling the pressure. Got word from the feds yesterday that everything I'd submitted was approved. Phew! Yay! I mean, I'd worked on important projects for my employer for years but part of me always knew there were checks and balances in place to ensure we didn't screw up. The legal department IS that check and balance so now the work I do is making sure others don't screw up. Definitely a new feeling so I was so glad what I did was approved. 

• Enjoy vacation!! 

I have a hair appointment in the morning - so we are taking it easy tonight. 

Tomorrow, H and I are going to Summerfest Live. This has become sort of a tradition for us and I'm super excited. It's a seasonal event, so this time around they will have unlimited summer shandy and ale samples and unlimited soft pretzels. I think there is supposed to be live music, but I'm not sure if the weather will hold up. Regardless, I'm so excited. 

H and I need to talk about excursions because or honeymoon is coming up in 113 days! 
  • 6fsn said:

21 hrs until we are on the road to vacation!!!

I was planning to sleep in, but apparently that meant 6:07.  Got up and starting washing sheets, cleaning litter boxes, charging DVD players, and pumping out work reports.  Next up a workout and more little things on my to do list.

I CANNOT WAIT TO HAVE MY TOES IN THE SAND!!

Ahhhh! Have fun, 6! I'm excited for you!!!

Today is our anniversary. I told him not to buy anything since we got a new air conditioner last month (and I'm hoping for an anniversary band next year for our 5th...). 

We're going to one of those Brazilian meat places tomorrow night and I'm super excited. I've never been. But tonight and most of the day tomorrow I'll be prepping for his family coming over on Sunday for his birthday. I'm making pizzas and I'm nervous about how many to make. We always make WAY TOO MUCH food so I'm telling myself to make 1 less pizza than I want to but I don't want to run out! 
    @ShesSoCold - I love them! I'm not sure what steakhouse you are going to, but they typically bring out little appetizers before the meat. My only suggestion is don't nosh too much on those as you'll fill up quickly. I think they are a Brazilian banana and some sort of cornbread ball. Enjoy!! 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Brazilian steakhouses are sooooooo good.  We go every couple of years, take a cursory walk around the salad bar, but never get much.  Then just keep the meat coming.  Wear stretchy pants:)

The weather looks awful for the beach but I'm totally ignoring it!

• 6fsn said:

Brazilian steakhouses are sooooooo good.  We go every couple of years, take a cursory walk around the salad bar, but never get much.  Then just keep the meat coming.  Wear stretchy pants:)

The weather looks awful for the beach but I'm totally ignoring it!

even if the weather is bad - you're not in the office, which is always good!

I love the concept of the Brazilian steakhouses but I basically only like chicken, sausage and pork, so what is offered to me isn't always my favorite, and i feel like it's overpriced for what I get.  But the salad bar is actually pretty good!

• even if the weather is bad - you're not in the office, which is always good!

I love the concept of the Brazilian steakhouses but I basically only like chicken, sausage and pork, so what is offered to me isn't always my favorite, and i feel like it's overpriced for what I get.  But the salad bar is actually pretty good!

Most of them will have a "salad bar" only option that is at least half the price.  And if, in addition to that, you want one of the meat options, you can order just that one choice a la carte.  But it usually isn't unlimited.  It's one serving.

And for any of who have not been to one of these establishments, don't let the term "salad bar" fool you.  The salad bars are usually expansive with all kinds of dishes.  Many of which aren't salads at all. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • even if the weather is bad - you're not in the office, which is always good!

Most of them will have a "salad bar" only option that is at least half the price.  And if, in addition to that, you want one of the meat options, you can order just that one choice a la carte.  But it usually isn't unlimited.  It's one serving.

And for any of who have not been to one of these establishments, don't let the term "salad bar" fool you.  The salad bars are usually expansive with all kinds of dishes.  Many of which aren't salads at all. 

honestly, after having the surgery, that would be the option I'd go for.  I haven't been to one of those places in awhile. 

• 6 - Enjoy vacation!  Jimmy Buffett always says a bad day on vacation always beats a good day at work!

SSC - Happy Anniversary!  Enjoy the Brazilian steakhouse!  We love going to ours, though its pricey for a standard dinner out.  We usually go on special occasions or if they have specials.  Sign up for their email list!

Climbing - Enjoy your dinner too!

Not sure what is up for Saturday.  Sunday we are going to BIL/SIL's place for H's birthday dinner.  H has a few things he wants to do around the house on Sunday.  This morning I was feeling like I might want to paint the family room wall (its only 1 wall we plan to paint), so we will see if I still feel ambitious tomorrow!

• @6fsn, have fun on your vacation!  Sounds soooo great!

@ShesSoCold, I love, love, love Brazilian steakhouses!  I've been to three different ones in three different cities and they were all amazing, lol.  I think you all will really enjoy the experience.  Happy anniversary!  But are pizza leftovers really such a "problem" place to find yourself in, lol.

@climbingwife, enjoy the great restaurant!

@charlotte989875, calling out to you!  I found out at my real estate meeting last night that, as of right now, Congress has still not approved funding for the NFIP.  That's the government backed National Flood Insurance program.  Without this, it will expire on July 31st.  Chances are, there will be a scramble at the last minute to get this pushed through.  That is what has happened before.  However, if it goes past July 31st, all home closings nationwide that involve a lender requiring flood insurance will halt until it is resolved.

In other words, if the house you are all buying is not in a flood plain, ie an X-Flood Zone, then you're lender won't require flood insurance and you all will be fine.  I'm assuming that is the case for you all.  Or if you all close this coming Friday, which I know is the hope, then the flood insurance would already be purchased before the deadline...just barely, lol...and it's still fine.

Today and the weekend are dedicated to errands and de-cluttering.  But there will also be a nice amount of just hanging out at the house, relaxation, and down time.  Which is always welcome.  That's about it for me, lol.

Thank you! Our closing got pushed to Monday the 30. We’re pissed but that’s another story. 

Even though our property runs up to up to a creek we’re actually not in a flood zone (thank gods). But I’m going to email our agent just to be sure. Thank you!!!