Wedding Woes

Goodbye July, Hello August!

Happy August! We are one step closer to fall  :)

Mr. B and I saw Antman last night - it was pretty entertaining! Michael Douglas may be a little past his prime (IMO), but overall I enjoyed it. 

Our theater has $5 movies on Tuesday.  Can't beat a $10 date night.

How is everyone? 

Re: Goodbye July, Hello August!

• You took the words right out of my mouth.  Closer to fall! Plus, the best people were born in August.   Not saying, just saying.

We used to cash in on the $5 Tuesday nights too, but then became A listers, so it doesn't matter when we go now.  In fact, we saw Momma Mia last night (really good! Better than the first) and for the first time we used the dine in option since I went to the movie right after my nail appointment and had no time to eat.  My meal came, which was good but they couldn't substitute the Brussels sprouts as a side, and make you pay $7.99 for them. But H didn't get his meal.  We asked about it.  They said they'd check on it, but nothing arrived.  I asked him over 1/2 way into it if he wanted to press his button and re-order but he said no.  He was fine with my onion rings and fries I gave him.

At the end we had to get his meal deducted from the bill because it was charged, and we also got two free movie passes. My H was like "what good does that - " and I said "shhh we can give them to our friends next time we double.  Take them!"

Anyway I was happy to get in a nail appointment and dinner & a movie after work.

• NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2018
    I can't believe it's August already! Usually I get sad about summer ending, but we're going to Portugal on the 30th, so I'm ready for the this month to be over already! 
    Just a little jealous over here haha.

We've been looking into going to Spain - we were all set to go next September, but we have a family trip with MIL and family instead :(.

• I can almost smell football season!! Especially since out first preseason game is tomorrow already!

Those dresses I ordered with my little bonus arrived yesterday. I'm keeping 1/4. Good for budget and really who needs 4 summer dresses that are nice enough to wear to work but not nice enough for like a wedding?

I have something going on every weekend this month. Which is nice because it's all small stuff - enough to keep busy (and keep me away from the lake where  I torture my liver and gain all the weight) but not enough to overwhelm. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I can't believe it's August already! Usually I get sad about summer ending, but we're going to Portugal on the 30th, so I'm ready for the this month to be over already! 
    What's your suitcase limit?  And can I fit in one? TIA.

• I can't believe it's August already! Usually I get sad about summer ending, but we're going to Portugal on the 30th, so I'm ready for the this month to be over already! 
    Just a little jealous over here haha.

We've been looking into going to Spain - we were all set to go next September, but we have a family trip with MIL and family instead :(.

Ugh, my MIL is begging us to plan another trip with her, and I just can't. She pulled some shit on the family cruise we went on in Feb, and I told my H I would never vacation with her again. 
  • Have all of my consignment sale stuff ready and tags printed but I need to find hangers before I can get stuff 100% ready. I heard Old Navy will give them out for free so I'm hoping that is the case at my store. Otherwise idk keep checking places I guess. 

I had a bunch of school uniform stuff listed on FB Marketplace and of course now that it is school time people are asking for it and it is all ready to go to the sale. I hadn't taken down the posts bc I figured maybe I could sell some but digging through the boxes was not my best move! One lady is supposed to be coming from a good distance away (much closer to your Mrsconn) to buy some. Can't imagine driving that far but I suppose if you need them for a good price you do what you do. 
  • @climbingwife, Portugal sounds so awesome!  I'm Portuguese on my mom's side.  More specifically, the Azores.  A number of them immigrated to Hawaii in the 1870s to work for the sugar cane plantations.  I've always wanted to go "back to the homeland" for a visit. 

Work has been so frustrating since yesterday.  Our IT person re-uploaded our list of Material Requisitions (MR) a few months ago, in the database I frequently use.  I discovered yesterday afternoon that this re-upload wiped out most of the information related to those MRs.  There is a line in time.  Any MR info that popped up in March '18 or earlier has had to be re-entered.  April '18 or later and it's fine.  It has taken me HOURS to re-enter all this data.  And I'm only 2/3rds done.  It's not anyone's fault, but I'm feeling really trampled on.  It's just a lot of extra work during a week when I am already busy.  Oh well!

On a brighter note.  I have a fast food mystery shop for a location that is only a few blocks away from my work.  So free lunch today plus a fee!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay August.  One more day before school starts.  :D  I'm also out of the 'office' tomorrow (har, har) and going to do some volunteer work coordinated through my company.  

I think DefConn's got another good teacher this year.  He worked with her on and off last year getting extra reading help.  I think his 1st grade teacher had some influence in guiding him to her class due to their previous work together and that she'll continue to work with him on his reading struggles.  One of his friends we know is in his class too.  I've signed up to volunteer in his class on my Wednesdays off.

DH's uncle is still in ICU, but is making slow progress.  I've been chatting on and off with his DIL, who's due like...now... with his uncle's first grandchild.  She has a better handle than DH and my FIL, who are a little more dramatic and fatalist about this stuff.  It's definitely stressful, but hopefully we'll see him continue on an upward trajectory.  I think FIL is going back this weekend, but DH's uncle will watch his dog. 

We're going boating on Saturday with some friends.  We'll have a pontoon, small yacht, and jet ski, so it should be a ton of fun.  
  • @climbingwife, Portugal sounds so awesome!  I'm Portuguese on my mom's side.  More specifically, the Azores.  A number of them immigrated to Hawaii in the 1870s to work for the sugar cane plantations.  I've always wanted to go "back to the homeland" for a visit. 

Work has been so frustrating since yesterday.  Our IT person re-uploaded our list of Material Requisitions (MR) a few months ago, in the database I frequently use.  I discovered yesterday afternoon that this re-upload wiped out most of the information related to those MRs.  There is a line in time.  Any MR info that popped up in March '18 or earlier has had to be re-entered.  April '18 or later and it's fine.  It has taken me HOURS to re-enter all this data.  And I'm only 2/3rds done.  It's not anyone's fault, but I'm feeling really trampled on.  It's just a lot of extra work during a week when I am already busy.  Oh well!

On a brighter note.  I have a fast food mystery shop for a location that is only a few blocks away from my work.  So free lunch today plus a fee!

@short+sassy very cool! We're actually traveling there with our friend that grew up there, and we're staying with his grandfather. 
  • Looking forward to the temperature going down!

July sucked in a number of ways so I definitely hope August is better!
  • I have pole tonight and our instructor just emailed and said to bring knee pads. I'm nervous  :D
  • I have a final today.

• Tf TK are the rest of my post. Don’t feel like rewriting it. How annoying. 

• levioosa said:
    Tf TK are the rest of my post. Don’t feel like rewriting it. How annoying. 
    It's been doing that to me lately too.  It says it needs approval and disappears. I hope it's not approved 8 months later and then pops up as a new post on an old thread and I get a bunch of reminders how that's a forum no no around here :)

• edited August 2018
    You guys remind me of how infrequently we see movies. 

I'm trying to remember the last one we saw. I think Inside Out? And we only saw that because we were trying to do date nights and thought, "Man, it's been YEARS since we saw a movie!".

ETA - I was debating going to DSW on my lunch (because new dresses need new shoes! LOL what have I become?) or Marshall's to see if they have a bed in a bag I like for our air mattress since I have friends staying at the house in a couple weeks. I just looked at the map and how freaking handy - they're RIGHT next door! 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • You guys remind me of how infrequently we see movies. 

I'm trying to remember the last one we saw. I think Inside Out? And we only saw that because we were trying to do date nights and thought, "Man, it's been YEARS since we saw a movie!".

ETA - I was debating going to DSW on my lunch (because new dresses need new shoes! LOL what have I become?) or Marshall's to see if they have a bed in a bag I like for our air mattress since I have friends staying at the house in a couple weeks. I just looked at the map and how freaking handy - they're RIGHT next door! 
    Movies and dinner is literally all H and I do for date nights.  We both hate heat and the sun so we don't really venture outside to much.  We sometimes do Dave & Busters, but usually on Wednesdays for 1/2 off game nights.

The person doing my nails looked at my hands/skin and said "you don't go out in the sun much, do you?".  

• I'm just on a countdown to Eureka Springs.  Not as exciting as Portugal.  :smile:   We might have just picked up an entourage for the trip though.  I'm of two minds about it: I'd like to have alone time, but they are some of our good friends coming.  We'll have fun either way.

August is where I have to check back into my life.  Gearing up a VIP party for September 22, to try and replace as much of the $65K I just helped spend for a remodel of our community center.  All of my print products are on their way.  Emails will flow out next week to ask for donations of liquor and food.  October 19 for hard launch for getting all new sustaining members.  Lots of meetings and guidance being given.  Maybe this will give me new life at work.

• I am thankful it’s August. July seemed to take forever to get get through. One more month of real heat and then we can start hoping for cooling temperatures.

@climbingwife I am envious of you going to Portugal. What do you have planned for while you are there?

This has been the longest week I have had in recent history. All I can think is that I went into work for one hour on Friday (Thursday and Friday are my normal off days) and it threw my whole week off.
    Today was very frustrating, a lot of nothing was accomplished. DH leaves tomorrow for the US for 12 days. I am not stoked but it will be okay. I need to make a list of baby things for him to buy while he is there as I have heard everything here is more expensive but idk what I need so.... \ :)

• I’m cranky without any real reason to be. Besides that we still don’t know when we’re closing on the house. 

Work is hard; I like it, but it’s hard and I feel inefficient & ineffective a lot of the time. I haven’t really felt his way since grad school and it’s just hard. 

I know now I shouldn’t complain; I left a job I was really good at to do this and I know I would be a huge adjustment, just maybe wasn’t prepared for HOW big of an adjustment. 
    I LOVED Portugal! It was almost 15 years ago I went (how am I that old?!) but I loved it!! 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Sitting around waiting for fall schedules to find out how effed I’m going to be. 

Started a new workout that is kicking my ass. It’s been awhile since I’ve been sore the next day. 

One of the account managers is a pita but I don’t normally work with her much. She’s butted into something I do and is now being a pita. 

Its too cold for the pool.

Who thought it was a good idea for white training jerseys? He’s worn it once and I’m fighting stains. They’re supposed to last 2 years!!
  • 6fsn said:
    Sitting around waiting for fall schedules to find out how effed I’m going to be. 

Started a new workout that is kicking my ass. It’s been awhile since I’ve been sore the next day. 

One of the account managers is a pita but I don’t normally work with her much. She’s butted into something I do and is now being a pita. 

Who thought it was a good idea for white training jerseys? He’s worn it once and I’m fighting stains. They’re supposed to last 2 years!!
    Are you doing LIFT4? 
  • edited August 2018
    I am thankful it’s August. July seemed to take forever to get get through. One more month of real heat and then we can start hoping for cooling temperatures.

@climbingwife I am envious of you going to Portugal. What do you have planned for while you are there?

This has been the longest week I have had in recent history. All I can think is that I went into work for one hour on Friday (Thursday and Friday are my normal off days) and it threw my whole week off.
    Today was very frustrating, a lot of nothing was accomplished. DH leaves tomorrow for the US for 12 days. I am not stoked but it will be okay. I need to make a list of baby things for him to buy while he is there as I have heard everything here is more expensive but idk what I need so.... \ :)

I really don't know! Just kind of going to wing it and let our friends show us around. 

ETA: H and I have been to Portugal before, about 5 years ago, so this trip will be much more relaxed. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    6fsn said:

Are you doing LIFT4? 
    Naw that one required money for early access but will be free in October. I started 80 day obsession. 

• 6fsn said:
    6fsn said:

Are you doing LIFT4? 
    Naw that one required money for early access but will be free in October. I started 80 day obsession. 

Ha. I felt the same way! My last race of the season ends right before it comes out so I’ll do it then. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    6fsn said:
    6fsn said:

Are you doing LIFT4? 

Ha. I felt the same way! My last race of the season ends right before it comes out so I’ll do it then. 
    My 80 days ends mid October so it’s good timing. 
  • levioosa said:
    I have a final today.

Best of luck!
  • I am having a problem with a friend who broke up with an abusive boyfriend and is about to move in with a new boyfriend (they've dated only 4 or 5 months). She has a habit of posting on Facebook that she can't cope with his temper and drinking problems and needs another place to move one minute, then that he's "kind, loving and generous" to her the next. She's also got a history of assorted problems of her own. A lot of friends of hers, me included, have advised her to break up with this guy and find another boyfriend who treats her with true kindness and respect and doesn't have the personality problems she describes, but she keeps getting defensive about her decision to move in with the guy.

I'm just venting because I already know the answer -- that she's an adult and everyone just needs to let her find out the hard way that he's bad news. Which I'm gonna do (no other choice) even though I'm really scared for her. She's not even the only friend of mine doing the same thing. We have a common friend who's also doing this.

All the friends involved in this yo-yoing are otherwise good friends so I don't want to lose their friendship, but it's so frustrating being targeted as the crying shoulder for grown women who choose to be with guys who treat them like shit.