Wedding Woes

Happy, happy Wednesday!

SIL just texted me and told me that she, BIL, and my nephews are coming this weekend to hang out at our house.  We haven't seen them for a couple months.  I can't wait.  :D 

DefConn was cracking me up this morning talking shit about 'the kindergartners' and how they apparently crashed his 'specials' yesterday.  I pointed out that he was in Kindy two short years ago and he wanted to hear nothing of the sort.  That kid...smh. 

My mom had her scan yesterday, but no results for a week.  I'm going to her next treatment with her, so I'll get to learn with her and ask questions (if needed). 

Other than that...SSDD.  What's up for your hump day?

Re: Happy, happy Wednesday!

• We are catching up on television tonight! We're almost all done.

I went to Lush last night and got a new lip scrub! I don't shop there often, but I should start. I said that this year I am going to try and move to all cruelty-free and natural products. I was surprised by their huge collection of items! 
  • Ugh, last night sucked. I was going to bed early & just as I start falling asleep the poor cat jumps into the windowsill, knocks the screen out, and falls out of the second floor window. 

She got up fine and sprinted right back into the house and she has seemed okay this morning (eating fine, walking around, jumped into the sink) but I’m still worried about her. And I’m annoyed at H for insisting the screen was “fine”, not taking my concern about the cat getting into things in the new house seriously, and for being exasperated that I got up to check on her multiple times during the night. It’s going to be a long day. 

I went to Lush last night and got a new lip scrub! I don't shop there often, but I should start. I said that this year I am going to try and move to all cruelty-free and natural products. I was surprised by their huge collection of items! 
    I feel this way every time I go in there! Like “why don’t I shop here more often?!”
  • I had a good, productive night last night. Now I've gotta try to keep that going into today! 

And, per my usual, I have chicken marinading for the grill tonight. When it'll be raining. 

Our town's festival is this weekend. This'll be our third year here for it and the first we;ll be home. We'll probably walk over. We'll definitely enter the raffle to win a new car because how freaking awesome would that be. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2018

And, per my usual, I have chicken marinading for the grill tonight. When it'll be raining. 

I'm there with ya.  I planned bratwurst for night.  I just had to turn my office light on since it was getting so dark outside.  I guess we'll have to bake them in the oven in beer...works in a pinch, but so not the same as the grill.  :/ 
  • I am especially just trying to make it to the weekend.  It still feels like a rude awakening to be back at work, lol.  I think once I have my first weekend, my schedule will finally feel like its back to normal.

There is a "new" employee who has just been rubbing me the wrong way.  She's technically not new.  She worked on these projects a few years ago, though I never needed to work with her.  Then she switched to other projects, which are in a different building.  Now she is back over here and I occasionally have to discuss items with her.

Work rant:

Here is what happened yesterday.  She comes to my office and asks me if I've sent the MR-PO Status report for Project XYZ.  Some projects have that report sent out weekly.  This one does not.  I told her, no, not since a couple weeks ago when the Big Boss had asked for it.  She tells me, "Well, people have been asking for it."

Maybe it was my imagination, but I felt like she said it in a bit of a scolding way.  Not that I said this to her, but I'm thinking, "That's nice.  But I can't f**king read people's minds."  Instead, I told her that this was the first time someone had asked me for it since a few weeks ago.  But I'd be happy to run it, who are the people I should send it to.  I also asked if they would like me to start sending it once a week, like I do for Project ABC. 

So I send this report.  She comes back to my office to "give me friendly advice".  That was literally how she phrased it.  She told me I should put the date at the end of the file like "20180814", instead of "08142018".  I told her I usually do it the first way when I'm sending a report that is also going to site (international), because that is the international date format.  But, when a report is going out locally, I use the American date format because that is easier for people to read.  Her response, "You should always be using the international date format."

Oh, really!?!?  Because that's news to me, smh.  We don't have a date format protocol for these projects.  I asked that question 5 years ago, when I started.  In fact, it was my idea to put the date in the international format, when files go to site.  It seemed more polite since there would be people from multiple countries receiving it.  The previous people in my dept. had always used the American format.

Anyway.  Whatever.  I told her I would start putting all of my dates in the international format.  I already do that for 90% of the reports I send out anyway.  I was just trying to make it a little easier for my fellow American coworkers, when I could.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @6fsn, happy 1st day of school!  I hope you're celebrating.  :D 
  • I had a good, productive night last night. Now I've gotta try to keep that going into today! 

Our town's festival is this weekend. This'll be our third year here for it and the first we;ll be home. We'll probably walk over. We'll definitely enter the raffle to win a new car because how freaking awesome would that be. 

I've actually known two people who have won cars in a raffle!!!  One of them was a friend in college.  A new car dealership was opening and they were giving away a car as part of their grand opening promo.  You had to be present to win.  They called the first name.  That person was not present.  They called the second name.  It was my friend!  And she was present ;).

The other person was my friend's grandfather.  There was a new Winn-Dixie (grocery store) opening and they were giving away a pick-up truck for their grand opening celebration.  My friend's grandfather was the first name picked!

@ShesSoCold, I hope you will be the third person I "know" who wins a car :).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My fave low-impact sports bra just bit the dust.  WAHHH. 

That thing put up with a lot though.  I wore it at least twice a week, every week, for over 2.5 years.  Time to find a new one. 

I feel this way every time I go in there! Like “why don’t I shop here more often?!”
    I like their Love Lettuce face mask! 

@mrsconn23 good vibes for your mom! Have fun this weekend!

@charlotte989875 poor kitty. Our old cat used to fall of our (first) story window all the time. Cats are pretty resilient to falls so kitty will probably be fine. Apparently the longest recorded survived fall by a cat was 42 floods and the cat only had some chipped teeth. I don’t think that’s a typical result for a fall that high but that’s crazy! 

@short+sassy I would be annoyed too. 

I have so much to do today I almost don’t want to get up to do it. I need about five more hours of sleep. Last night we went and picked up my dad’s truck. I need to take it for new tires and I might also have to take it to OC to get new seat covers. So much driving before another long day of driving. But Yosemite tomorrow! I just have more food prepping, packing, and cleaning to do and it’s kind of daunting. I’m glad I didn’t wait until the last day to do everything. Even breaking it up as much as I did is making today overwhelming. 

• levioosa said:

We are catching up on television tonight! We're almost all done.

I like their Love Lettuce face mask! 

@mrsconn23 good vibes for your mom! Have fun this weekend!

@charlotte989875 poor kitty. Our old cat used to fall of our (first) story window all the time. Cats are pretty resilient to falls so kitty will probably be fine. Apparently the longest recorded survived fall by a cat was 42 floods and the cat only had some chipped teeth. I don’t think that’s a typical result for a fall that high but that’s crazy! 

@short+sassy I would be annoyed too. 

I have so much to do today I almost don’t want to get up to do it. I need about five more hours of sleep. Last night we went and picked up my dad’s truck. I need to take it for new tires and I might also have to take it to OC to get new seat covers. So much driving before another long day of driving. But Yosemite tomorrow! I just have more food prepping, packing, and cleaning to do and it’s kind of daunting. I’m glad I didn’t wait until the last day to do everything. Even breaking it up as much as I did is making today overwhelming. 
    Thanks! I think she’ll be okay, I just worry about her. She definitely wasn’t happy about it but I think she’s (physically) okay. 

Have a a great time of your trip! Are you going for a long weekend or longer? 
  • @charlotte989875 we are leaving tomorrow and staying through Tuesday. We’ve never done a Yosemite trip this long before. I’m a little sad that the one time we are it’s going to be smoky with poor air quality and visibility, but I brought some books and wine for reading on the beach in case we can’t do much hiking. 

• @short+sassy I would be so annoyed as well

@levioosa have a great time at Yosemite!!  Hopefully you can get some hiking in.

2 days into to Whole 30 and maybe it's totally in my head but I already feel better.  Clearheaded and not as groggy in the morning and more focused during the day.  Better sleep too.  I'm glad I'm feeling good right away - more motivation to stick with it!

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Vibes Mrs.Conn

2 out of 3 are BACK TO SCHOOL and the 3rd is a whiny mess of boredom.  He'll get his day tomorrow, but we'll be back to boredom Friday.  I have a love hate relationship with this schedule.

Crazy soccer mom is driving me insane.  Her game got cancelled Sunday and she has this theory some kids are subbing on our team, but not her kid.... SHE'S A DOCTOR.  DOESN'T SHE HAVE MORE TO WORRY ABOUT?!

• MrsConn - Good thoughts for your mom's scan!

Leviosa - Have fun!

Charlotte - That is one tough kitty!  I'm sure she is fine!

S+S - My aunt also one a car from a raffle and she only bought one ticket (that cost $0.50!)

The chicken wings are finally done!  We got just shy of 18 dozen from the 40lbs.  So our half of the box will last us all football season!  Thank goodness for vacuum sealing, they will stay fresh!

It was also DDs bath night and I cut her bangs.  It is an ok job, at least I was able to make the unevenness - even on both sides!  But I'm always too critical when I cut her hair.  H said I should just start putting a bowl on her head!

We have a food truck at work today.  It's a grilled cheese one.  I'm still deciding what to get!  Then I have to head over to the new Target, the next town over got one of those neighborhood ones!  I need some English muffins for breakfast tomorrow.  I also want to see what else they have.  The neighborhood stores are supposed to be smaller with more targeted items for the area.  This one is way closer to my office than the super Target and I don't have to go near the mall!  The grand opening isn't until the weekend, but they had a soft opening and are accepting customers!

Yoga tonight after work.  Then home to do nothing!

• mrsconn23 said:
    My fave low-impact sports bra just bit the dust.  WAHHH. 

That thing put up with a lot though.  I wore it at least twice a week, every week, for over 2.5 years.  Time to find a new one. 

Ooohhh...what brand/style?  I need something that tough and durable, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Has anyone watched Killing Eve?

• mrsconn23 said:
    My fave low-impact sports bra just bit the dust.  WAHHH. 

Ooohhh...what brand/style?  I need something that tough and durable, lol.
    Puma...I think?  I got it at Costco.  
  • levioosa said:
    Has anyone watched Killing Eve?
    No, but I need to.  I love Sandra Oh. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    levioosa said:
    Has anyone watched Killing Eve?
    No, but I need to.  I love Sandra Oh. 
    I'm actually considering paying to watch it on prime....which is unheard of for me. If it's not part of our hula/netflix/prime we don't watch it. 

• 6fsn6fsn member

My boss sent an email this morning asking if I had enough hours.  I replied that I would like more, but I'm not looking for a new job or anything.

He just sent a company wide email blast to give me hours so I don't leave.

• I was just headhunted by a firm that interviewed me and didn't hire me a few years ago.  I know what happened (they just had a large number of partners up and leave, taking staff with them) and I'm not sure I'm interested.  On the other hand, it'd be nice to have a higher paying job in a not so freaking stressful firm.

I'm starting to mess around w/creating  my drag face.  I've decided I need a project that's just mine that makes me feel good.  I've missed performing for a long time, but doing an actual show (6-8 weeks of rehearsal, 4-6 week run) isn't really doable into my schedule.  So, I might give this drag thing a go.  

I'm also struggling with depression flare ups.  I guess really I'm just struggling with depression, but some days I can force it to the side and others I can't.  I have a new primary appointment coming up, but it's awhile away.  i'm not totally sure what to do, but I'm tryign to pay attention.
  • 6fsn said:

My boss sent an email this morning asking if I had enough hours.  I replied that I would like more, but I'm not looking for a new job or anything.

That would be a lot easier vs. doing the grocery delivery thing.  If you are still interested and have questions, hit me up on FB and I can get your questions to my friend.  She's been doing Shipt since it came to our area. 
  • Take care of yourself, @VarunaTT.  (( hugs )) 
  • I just bought Winter Classic tickets.

I have no self control. I do not care how many hours I have to work to pay for them.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I don't normally post links.  But this was a funny, bright spot in my day.

It's a "battle of signs" between Chick-Fil-A and Moe's BBQ in Mobile, AL.  But it's teasing and lighthearted.  Not mean-spirited.  Apparently, Diamond Gentleman's Club (that I'm assuming is on the same block) also gets in on the fun.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/video/a-moes-bar-b-que-and-a-chick-fil-a-in-mobile-are-having-the-funniest-sign-feud/vi-BBLYAP7?ocid=ientp 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    mrsconn23 said:
    6fsn said:

That would be a lot easier vs. doing the grocery delivery thing.  If you are still interested and have questions, hit me up on FB and I can get your questions to my friend.  She's been doing Shipt since it came to our area. 

Thanks. I have a friend that does it too. She’s already said who doesn’t tip and given some pointers she did say it was kinda fun to fill time.