Wedding Woes

It's a long weekend Friday!!

edited August 2018 in Wedding Woes
Why is my annoying coworker at my desk demonstrating how to do squats at your desk?

My husband and my dad left this morning for a bike swap meet and they will be home tomorrow. They have three bikes between them, all older than I am so they need parts. H used to smoke and misses it so when he hangs out with smokers, he snags a cigarette or two. We have life insurance apps in two weeks (we had to wait because he smoked with his friend about a month ago) so I stressed the importance of NOT smoking to him. I'mma be pretty pissed if he does smoke. Also if he spends a whole asston of money on his paperweight bike. 

My friend is having a party Sunday and I'm thinking of making homemade marshmallows and graham crackers. 

H and I need to get working on our house. We WILL be doing something this weekend, either cleaning out the crawl space or staining the deck. 

Edited for typo.
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: It's a long weekend Friday!!

• I’m so excited for the weekend. This week was just so shitty at work. We were being audited by the state on top of other things so the whole place was just stressed out and anxious. 

We’re technically not leaving this weekend, but we are going to the nice hotel in our city for a few days. We have massages scheduled and I’m ready for it. School starts on Wednesday and I’m already worried. I’m just going to try to ignore it and spend at least a day or two relaxing. I have three whole months to panic stress. It’s FI’s birthday on Monday, but I told him since I was paying for the weekend he could count that as his gift. I can’t believe he didn’t want to go somewhere more fun for the weekend, but it’s his birthday, so....

I hope everyone has a great long weekend! Summer is pretty much over, what?!

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

DH took today off and he's being a whiny PITA.  He is taking us out to lunch so I guess I should be nicer.

In my company research I came across a hospital with and address "911 Bypass Way".  At least I got a chuckle before getting a boot from my free trial.

Keeper training tonight.  M2 has games Saturday and Sunday (AT 9:15!!!) I'm excited for her to get to PLAY, but I know this team is going to be a hot mess. 

DH is cooking a bunch of stuff in the smoker on day- bonus I won't have to cook next week.  We also need to rearrange our furniture for our mattress delivery Tuesday!!

• NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2018

Today is our last 1/2 Friday of the season…I’m so sad. It’s going to be hard going back to work until 5 on Fridays (FWP, I know)

My cousins arrive at 12:30, so I’m picking them up right after I get off work.

Tonight we have a gin tour and dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant, El Vez.

Tomorrow we are going to a speakeasy and grabbing Asian fusion cuisine.

Sunday we are sight-seeing and recovering.

It should be a busy weekend!

• NB - Have you ever been to La Esperanza?  It is delicious Mexican!  It's in Lindenwold, just off the White Horse Pike.  Lots of people talk about it around here! 

I've had so much work the last few days I haven't even stopped to enter time and today is the last day of the month.  So all of our Aug time will be due on Tuesday.  I will probably need to put in time over the weekend so I'm not swamped trying to do it Tuesday morning after a holiday weekend!

We get out at 3 today.  My one boss keeps saying I can leave at noon - ha!  If only!  I still have a bunch more stuff to do!

Enjoy the long weekend ladies!

• edited August 2018
    Yesterday, I went for a massage at a new place. They did it on water mat thing. It was like getting a massage on a water bed, and I was face up the entire time. I kept having to shift my hips because my belly is too heavy.
     Then I went to lunch with my friends and to meet the new baby! My friend delivered in her home country in July. Baby slept for most of lunch but woke up just long enough to get passed around for cuddles. She is absolutely precious. During the same lunch, my bff here announced that she is pregnant and due in March!!! Our little friend group will go from one “baby” (she is 3) to 4 in less than a year! 
    Later, DH and I went to dinner at friend’s house. We left around 9:30 and DH fell asleep almost as soon as we got home. 

Today, the dog let us “sleep in” till 8. Normally he wants us up around 6:30. DH and I tackled the disgusting, mess of a house first thing in the morning and had everything pretty much done by 11:30. It felt fabulous. I went grocery shopping, he stayed home to keep laundry moving. I made a Greek meatball and lemon/dill rice dish for dinner but forgot to add the dill. #fail it was still delicious so whatever.
    I am slightly concerned about the dog because he is not eating his dinner. He has left a little bit in his dish the last couple days but then goes back to finish a couple hours later. He is acting and pooping normally so idk, hoping he eats soon. 

Back to work tomorrow.

eta: good luck to everyone whose team plays tomorrow!! I miss football more than anything!
  • I did come to work today after all.  So now I'm mentally planning where I should take my Friday off to "make it up" to myself for not taking today off, lol.

And what a s**t show it's been today, LMAO.  If you remember from my previous posts this week, we've been in network purgatory since Wed.  Supposedly, everything was going to be done by the time I got into work today.  So I could run my weekly reports.  HAHAHAHA!!!!!  Of course that didn't happen.

This morning, no one could save to the network because we didn't have "permission".  So that was a lot of kerfluffle.  To give the company credit, they actually sorted that out fairly quickly and it was a "go" within 90 minutes.  I was impressed.  Except the databases still aren't working.  Which is mostly what I work in.

The IT people here today were the "network" guys.  They can't coordinate the databases to the new network.  That needs to be the "database" guy.  But he's off today.  So they won't be back up and running until Tuesday, lol.  Oh goodness!  Oh well.  At least I'm off work in another 15 minutes.

Long story, short.  I am even MORE ready for my 3-day weekend now!  Today is the last day for restaurant month.  My H and I are going out to lunch AND dinner.  Every year, we never take nearly as much advantage of restaurant month as we want to, lol.  And we try to scramble in restaurants we want to try at the last minute.

But there's also a restaurant week  in Sept. ;).  Typically the same restaurants and prix-fixe menus.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NB - Have you ever been to La Esperanza?  It is delicious Mexican!  It's in Lindenwold, just off the White Horse Pike.  Lots of people talk about it around here! 

I've had so much work the last few days I haven't even stopped to enter time and today is the last day of the month.  So all of our Aug time will be due on Tuesday.  I will probably need to put in time over the weekend so I'm not swamped trying to do it Tuesday morning after a holiday weekend!

We get out at 3 today.  My one boss keeps saying I can leave at noon - ha!  If only!  I still have a bunch more stuff to do!

Enjoy the long weekend ladies!

@OliveOilsMom

I have not! We have been to the Mexican food factory (in Marlton) and On the Border (Mount Laurel) and struck out both times. I'll have to check out La Esperanza as their menu looks great!

When we first moved to South Jersey, we really struggled to find quality restaurants. We spend lots of time in Collingswood and a majority of the time in Philly. H and I joked that Jersey is the place that diners go to die ha ha  
  • Today is a new (better!) day. It’s jeans Friday, we get out at 3, and it was finally cool enough to wear my favorite booties. I’m looking for happiness in small things these days. 

H has his ff draft tonight so I’m just hanging out. I might go up to see my sister but one of her friends (who I find super annoying) is in town. I might conveniently leave just before they arrive. 
  • We’re on the way to our camping trip. 

My mom’s treatment is not working and there is going to be a new course that involves a long and complex surgery. And they won’t really know how bad it is until they do the surgery and her recovery is going to be rough af (icu, several day hospital stay after, and possibly rehab) To say we’re all shell shocked is an understatement. I went to see her and my dad last night. I slept like shit. I’m currently propped up by coffee and Red Bull. 

I’m hoping that the weather is decent enough that I can just spend my weekend out on a float in the sun, drinking beer, and trying to bake out some of the 20 million emotions I’m having all at once. 
  • I’m so sorry @mrsconn23

• Oh no, mrs.conn. I am so sorry. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Oh @mrsconn23 I’m so sorry! I hope you have good weather this weekend and can get some rest. 
  • @mrsconn23, sorry to hear that.  The last I read from you, she was doing well.  I bet you are all shellshocked.  Please use this weekend to take your mind off it and relax.  When is the surgery date, do you know?
    @shessocold, my H rides too.  He has a 97 Springer badboy.  It doesn't look very safe and he keeps insisting he's going to take me out on it.  I'm like....lets upgrade to a newer model with more room because that one doesn't look like it'll hold me.....
    @missjeanlouise, I never heard of a water mat but it sounds really cool!

Hope everyone has a great long weekend.  We have nothing planned.  We got the email saying we can leave at 3.  When my boss is around, it's usually 2.  I changed my walmart pick up from 3 to 2 juuuuust incase (it's on the way home).  Maybe I'll leave at 2:30 regardless?

I spent all morning uploading all my pictures and sending the wedding ones to the bride.  So I feel super accomplished already, even though nothing was work related. 

• ((Hugs)) MrsConn. I hope your weekend is enjoyable. I am so sorry about your mom.
  • No surgery date yet. She just met with the surgeon yesterday, who dumped all this news on her. I am fucking angry with her oncologist because of how he treated her at her last infusion (pretty much patted her on the head when she asked him about her scan results), all the while knowing that this was probably coming down the pike. I didn’t like him on sight and his assistant pissed me off even more because she was evasive too. Also, they were supposed to have arranged for a care navigator from the jump and they dropped the ball. 
  • MrsConn - I'm so sorry about the news for your mom.  She is in my prayers!  Can your mom get a second opinion instead of going for this evasive surgery?  Aren't you near the Mayo clinic?  Can you try going there?

Charlotte - I saw your post from yesterday too and want to offer hugs.  It can feel good to vent - it is part of why we are all here!  So vent away!

NB - I work in Haddonfield.  I love the British Chip Shop.  There is a new place in Runnemeade called The Mile.  The woman who does the food there had a shop in Haddonfield and it was always amazing!  That will be a new staple for us, but haven't been yet, it just opened last weekend.  If you haven't, in Collingswood, we like Kitchen Consigliore (get a reservation though!) and Sabrinas for brunch.  The Pop Shop is fun too, but it can get noisy in there.

• @mrsconn23, sorry to hear that.  The last I read from you, she was doing well.  I bet you are all shellshocked.  Please use this weekend to take your mind off it and relax.  When is the surgery date, do you know?
    @shessocold, my H rides too.  He has a 97 Springer badboy.  It doesn't look very safe and he keeps insisting he's going to take me out on it.  I'm like....lets upgrade to a newer model with more room because that one doesn't look like it'll hold me.....
    @missjeanlouise, I never heard of a water mat but it sounds really cool!

Hope everyone has a great long weekend.  We have nothing planned.  We got the email saying we can leave at 3.  When my boss is around, it's usually 2.  I changed my walmart pick up from 3 to 2 juuuuust incase (it's on the way home).  Maybe I'll leave at 2:30 regardless?

I spent all morning uploading all my pictures and sending the wedding ones to the bride.  So I feel super accomplished already, even though nothing was work related. 
    Does he have a hard time finding parts? H Loves springers - I bet he'd love it!

H has an '86 Heritage Softtail. He's had it 7 years-ish now and I think it was functional one summer? I have yet to ride it. He keeps saying he'll get a bigger seat and a sissy bar and stuff for me. I'm like, let's start with the brakes, shall we? I'd rather not spend the weekend dead. And I hate how sissy bars look and don't need a bigger seat. 

And I look at my dad, with a '72 Shovelhead that he can't even ride because parts are hard to find (hence taking a day off work, getting a hotel room and driving 3 hours for a freaking a swap meet) and it's so unreliable.

So we're right here in the same boat with H's bike. But it was his dad's so I get (kind of) the sentiment. I already told H that when the time comes, hopefully in 40 more years, he will not be buying the Shovelhead from my dad's estate. 

• @shessocold, he hasn't had the need to look for parts recently.  It's been sitting in the garage for a few years.  He takes out maybe 1 a year to go get milk. lol. It needs a tune up but...again...once a year it's in actual use.  H loves classics and I bet he'd love that one too!
    and yes, I'd vote for getting the brakes done before a new seat. LOL.

• pegasuskatpegasuskat member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited August 2018
    So sorry to hear about your mom Conn

DD got a call back from a Dr. in St. Louis to take new granddaughter to. They go on Wed and don't know if they will be there 1 day or 6 - Dr. will decide how to do the casting after he sees her. I worry about DD going so far a week after a C section. She had to do that with DD that passed away - and it was so physically and emotionally hard on her. This is not life threatening and he's supposed to be the best Dr so I'm praying for good results.
  • so that's annoying.  I purchased a living social voucher yesterday for cut/color and blow dry from an independent booth at a salon (he sets his own prices/hours/etc).  It says "expires Dec 27th". 
    I booked on line for Oct 16th (PLENTY of time, right?) for my out of town wedding I'm going to on the 20th.  Leave on the 18th.
    I got a text from him saying he no longer will take groupons/living social vouchers after October 1st so he has to get me in before then.

Nope.  My hair FADES so fast, and I don't want to go in on September 29th (I may even be out of town!). I want it done on the 16th.  Now I gotta fight with living social. 

• so that's annoying.  I purchased a living social voucher yesterday for cut/color and blow dry from an independent booth at a salon (he sets his own prices/hours/etc).  It says "expires Dec 27th". 
    I booked on line for Oct 16th (PLENTY of time, right?) for my out of town wedding I'm going to on the 20th.  Leave on the 18th.
    I got a text from him saying he no longer will take groupons/living social vouchers after October 1st so he has to get me in before then.

Nope.  My hair FADES so fast, and I don't want to go in on September 29th (I may even be out of town!). I want it done on the 16th.  Now I gotta fight with living social. 

That should be easy, since the guy is not abiding by the original TOS.  I've had that happen.  I purchased a driveway sealing.  I called the guy and he said he will contact me back when they are working "in my area".  I thought maybe a month tops.  Months went by and nothing.  So I contacted LS and they gave me my money in credit - which was fine with me, I ended up buying a bunch of vouchers for a trip!  I figured I might eventually hear from that guy, but no!  I wonder if he did that to lots of other LS customers too!  It wasn't a cheap voucher either!
  • I'm really sorry to hear that, Mrs. Conn.

@NBSquared2017 and @OliveOilsMom - that's all a blast from the past. I did my graduate school "apprenticeship" in Washington Township and my housemates were in Collingswood (and before that Turnersville), Swedesboro, and Haddonfield.
  • I know I'm a terrible person but I am cracking up.

Our group health insurance at work has this wellness program with an app and you sign up for step challenges and shit like that. There's a step challenge that starts tomorrow and despite email instructions, my verbal instructions and a third person showing her how to sign up for the challenge, my cube neighbor can't figure out how to sign up. She's been sitting over there swearing and muttering at both her phone and her computer for at least a half hour. I'm trying not to laugh audibly at her "this is bullSHIT you son of a BITCH" and then you hear her throw her phone. 

I cannot.
  • @NBSquared2017 If it's not too far, Paulsboro has a cute little diner that's pretty good.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @mrsconn23 I’m so sorry. Great big virtual hugs and vibes. 
  • Thanks @OliveOilsMom; it’s tough because I think, at least with my dad, this is just how things are going to be. He’s not going to fully recover and life is just going to be different. 

But trying to to be positive today; I’m out of work and went to happy hour with my coworkers!