Wedding Woes

Friday!!!!

Up since 5 to get stuff done before shopping with my mom and sister!

What's everyone doing this weekend?

Neighborhood drama: We have a voluntary "civic association (CA)," but no HOA.  The CA puts together an spring garage sale (does all of the signage and promotions) and puts together a huge 4th of July picnic.  They never check if people pay dues for these activities for anyone participating.

Someone put together a fall garage sale of 10ish houses.  They wanted to use the CA signage asked them to promote it in the usual places.  At first the CA said sure.  Until they checked and 9 of the 10 houses had not paid their dues.  The CA then said nope, not unless more people pay dues. 

The organizer is now bashing the CA all over the facebook page for backing out of helping and leaving out that nobody paid the dues. 

Our dues- $25.  TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS A YEAR.  I have seen at least 5 of the families at the 4th of July picnic bouncing in the bounce house, in the parade, getting the airbrush tattoos, and eating the food.  All provided by the CA.

It's good to live in a place where this is the biggest concern.

Re: Friday!!!!

• You are up early @6fsn! I actually slept a little late this morning. 

We went out to dinner last night and I had wonderful grilled salmon sandwich. It has an awesome spicy cabbage slaw on it. I would definitely order it again but there were so many other things on the menu I want to try!

Today is gym (spin class) then Pilates. Our friends are here for race weekend. Not sure what H and them are doing today - it is all weather dependent.

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • Morning!!

The weather is going to be crap all weekend.  I wonder if they'll even get the race in. I'm glad we didn't buy tickets to the concert tomorrow (FGL is DefConn's most fave band ever).  It's going to be a muddy mess.  DH mentioned going down to Speedway to day for the festivities around the track, but not if it's raining cats and dogs. 

DefConn has a bday party tomorrow.  I'm debating between squeezing in a pedi or shopping during the party.  The kids and DH are going with FIL to some going away party for the son of a friend of FIL.  I might tag along (I know these people, but not well), but I'm a little tapped out on FIL...so I might see if a friend wants to have dinner instead or stay home to enjoy some binge-watching (there's 2 or 3 Netflix series I'm interested in and I haven't touched OITNB's latest season). 

I also need to go shopping for 'football' food for Sunday.  We've fallen into doing apps all afternoon on the first game day.  I'm glad the heat has broken for now.  I think we're still due for a couple more hot days before fall takes over.  ;) 
  • THe weather has finally broken and it was in the high 60s today! 

H is helping someone take off a roof tonight so I’m running some errands then trying to get some painting done. In reality I’ll probably binge watch Greys Anatomy on Netflix with the cat and dog. 

Tomorrow I play football. A group from work plays and they needed another lady on the team so I joined. I might be terrible but I’m trying something new! 

Sunday is finally Bills football and I couldn’t be more excited!! I may have just ordered a new shirt on Amazong and paid extra for it to be delivered tomorrow. 
  • Until they checked and 9 of the 10 houses had not paid their dues.  The CA then said nope, not unless more people pay dues. 

The organizer is now bashing the CA all over the facebook page for backing out of helping and leaving out that nobody paid the dues. 

I get being irritated that the CA did it after agreeing, but still, too damn bad, everyone can pay their dues to use the stuff or they can STFU.  (Yeah, my patience for entitlement to community resources that people put their time/work in for free is at an all time low).

I'm so glad it's the weekend.  I have a big project this weekend and K has a home roller derby game. 

OH, there was some dumb-ass drama involving me in roller derby.  Background: When we went to the away game, K was suspended for half the game.  We didn't find out until we were already on the way.  One of the coaches (who would've been involved in the suspension decision) tried to hug me at the game and I was pretty standoffish.  Apparently, said team captain is butthurt that I was standoffish and said something about it to K.  Same said coach, who's wife is the team captain, just made a post defending their wife in roller derby.  So...it's okay for YOU to defend/protect/be angry at your partner's treatment and respond to it, but not okay for me? I have multiple responses, none of them nice or polite or even politic.  I'm just keeping my mouth shut, but the eyeroll is massive.
  • @6fsn, those neighbors are a bunch of jerks!  Won't even pay $25 for all the nice things the CA is doing.

@ILoveBeachMusic, I was just thinking of all the Indy Knotties the other day when I saw a commercial for the Indy500, lol.  I hope the weather gets better.  It's such a drag to have a massive event like that with people coming from all over, only to have the weather be rainy and awful.

@charlotte989875, good luck in your football game! It's great to try new things!  I'm not always so brave, lol.  There's a new medical drama coming in for Fall, called New Amsterdam.  I'm looking forward to checking it out.  I've never had any interest in working in medicine, so I'm not sure why I love medical dramas so much, lol.

I got some bad news about my grandma yesterday.  She fell and broke 5 of her ribs!  She's in her early 90's and is so fragile.  That's an awful, very painful injury even for someone in prime health.  I feel a little helpless being so far away, but at least I got to see her last month when I was in CA.  She lives with my mom anyway, so at least there are no worries there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Right V?  It's $25 for the year.  Since we always do the 4th picnic I just count it as a day of cheap fun.  They also make sure our entrances have decent landscaping and the signs are painted.  Most 'hoods around here are $100s a month.

Shopping will be interesting today.  My sister only wears black, white, red, and denim and it's all basic styles.  My mom is still in a boot and an arm sling. Oh well, it's time with the women I love most.

• 6fsn said:

Right V?  It's $25 for the year.  Since we always do the 4th picnic I just count it as a day of cheap fun.  They also make sure our entrances have decent landscaping and the signs are painted.  Most 'hoods around here are $100s a month.

Shopping will be interesting today.  My sister only wears black, white, red, and denim and it's all basic styles.  My mom is still in a boot and an arm sling. Oh well, it's time with the women I love most.

I was expecting the fees to be like HOA fees. Neighbors are just mad they’re not getting something for free. 
  • @6fsn, those neighbors are a bunch of jerks!  Won't even pay $25 for all the nice things the CA is doing.

@ILoveBeachMusic, I was just thinking of all the Indy Knotties the other day when I saw a commercial for the Indy500, lol.  I hope the weather gets better.  It's such a drag to have a massive event like that with people coming from all over, only to have the weather be rainy and awful.

@charlotte989875, good luck in your football game! It's great to try new things!  I'm not always so brave, lol.  There's a new medical drama coming in for Fall, called New Amsterdam.  I'm looking forward to checking it out.  I've never had any interest in working in medicine, so I'm not sure why I love medical dramas so much, lol.

I got some bad news about my grandma yesterday.  She fell and broke 5 of her ribs!  She's in her early 90's and is so fragile.  That's an awful, very painful injury even for someone in prime health.  I feel a little helpless being so far away, but at least I got to see her last month when I was in CA.  She lives with my mom anyway, so at least there are no worries there.

Thanks! I’ll probably be terrible but at least I’m trying something new! 

I saw the commercial for that show and just ordered the book it’s based on! I have a hard time watching shows as they’re on TV but it sounds really interesting! 

Hope your grandma is okay!!
  • @6fsn, yeah $25/year is nothing.  I had to say no to a lot of places with extremely high HOA fees (glad I did!)
    @mrsconn23, don't race over to OITNB, it was slow.  Everyone I talk to about it says the same thing.  Ozark...now that I have to watch.
    @short+sassy, hope your grandma is OK.  My grandfather (just turned 90) fell and slipped on ice last winter and I was SO worried since he bruised so easily.  He's OK now.  That guy can handle a lot.  Hope your g'ma recovers quickly.

Tonight H and I are trying out a new restaurant and seeing the  movie peppermint.  We're saving the Nun for completely captivating Dolby sound, which is at another theater in our area, but I dont think movies last long in that format before moving over to standard.  Hopefully we get around to that Saturday or Sunday.  What do we do with our lives? movies. Movies is what we do with our lives.

• 6fsn said:

Right V?  It's $25 for the year.  Since we always do the 4th picnic I just count it as a day of cheap fun.  They also make sure our entrances have decent landscaping and the signs are painted.  Most 'hoods around here are $100s a month.

I was expecting the fees to be like HOA fees. Neighbors are just mad they’re not getting something for free. 
    Has anyone chimed in on the group blast that they neglected to mention that they have collectively stiffed the group on over $200? 
  • banana468 said:
    6fsn said:

Has anyone chimed in on the group blast that they neglected to mention that they have collectively stiffed the group on over $200? 
    I was curious about the same thing, lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2018

Yay for Friday!!! H and I are hitting up a farmers market today as I am going to try and make an apple pie. I’m not the greatest baker – wish me luck!

This weekend is busy – heading to Cleveland tomorrow for the game on Sunday then flying back Sunday night.

Remember all that garlic we bought a few weeks ago?? DH has been eating it all not realizing we have to plant it in November…now I have to find a local farmers market near us so I can plant in the fall. I love him so much – I just have to keep repeating it lol

I made jalapeno popper cups yesterday! Man they were soooo good.  You take crescent roll dough and put it in a muffin tin and fill it with the jalapeno/cream cheese/cooked bacon mixture. Top it with cheese and let it bake for 10 minutes and it’s done. I’m feverishly searching for other things to fill crescent roll dough. Taco meat, buffalo chicken, shrimp…the possibilities are endless.

This has been a really long 4 day week!

• Ugh, 6, that kind of crap really grinds my gears. To act like you're some sort of victim when you didn't hold up your end is annoying as hell. 

Sending T&V to your grandma, S&S! Falls at that age are concerning; I hope she bounces back. 

Indy ladies - when did they move the Brickyard?! I grew up a nascar and used to go every year but wasn't it always the first weekend in August?

Tomorrow is the 4 year anniversary of my mom's death. Hard to believe it's been that long! I usually have a pretty shitty day, but tomorrow I'm determined not to. I'm going to go to a WW meeting, work out and I'm going to my friend's wedding. 

Sunday I'll probably spend all day watching football and day drinking with my sister. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend and they get that race in! 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • 6 - The balls on those people!  I hope someone blasted on fb that they were collectively $200 behind on their dues!

S+S - I hope your grandma has a quick recovery!

I took yesterday off work.  On Wednesday I ended up with a really bad neck muscle strain.  Not even sure how I did it!  I couldn't even relax my shoulders if I held my head upright.  While I felt much better and could actually move my neck, I stayed home yesterday to keep up with the ice. 

H had to work late, so it was just me and DD last night.  She was a ball of crazy, but at least she was playing with me in the chair instead of getting into trouble around the room!  H came home just in time to say good night, so I know she was happy for that!

This weekend we have a wedding on Sunday.  Its for my cousin, so we will know more people than the last wedding we went to!  It starts at 3:30, so I'm hopeful DD gets a good nap in and can have fun with her cousins.  I rented a dress for the occasion and I'm excited to try it on! 

Saturday, there are some projects my H wants to do.  We will see how much we get done.  I tried to do some painting yesterday (just areas that have had the walls patched from the dog) and I used the wrong can of paint, so I have to re-do those spots with the correct can of paint.

• It has taken me 2.5 hours to get to LA this morning and I am not about it. I don’t know if I could take a job in downtown. 

Yesterday was a shit show. My dad ended up in the hospital with kidney stones, my grandfather is still having problems, and FBIL disappeared after calling FSIL drunk and distraught. His last text to FSIL was that he was being pulled over, so I figured he had either been arrested or put on a psych hold. I finally found him in the system, sure enough, DUI. When he was released he called FSIL and he had the audacity to tell her he was upset because she hadn’t skipped out on work to go to the bar with him. At 9:30 am. If that isn’t some manipulative shit I don’t know what is. Nothing is ever his fault. 

Oh, and I ran a background check on myself yesterday and found a woman associated with my name who has 8 counts of identity theft. And there are three additional addresses associated with my name in places I’ve never lived. Now I’m trying to figure out if that’s from my identity theft a few years ago or if it’s new. 

So I’m ready for the weekend. We might see The Nun although it hasn’t gotten great reviews so far. This semester is starting off great. 

• levioosa said:
    It has taken me 2.5 hours to get to LA this morning and I am not about it. I don’t know if I could take a job in downtown. 

Yesterday was a shit show. My dad ended up in the hospital with kidney stones, my grandfather is still having problems, and FBIL disappeared after calling FSIL drunk and distraught. His last text to FSIL was that he was being pulled over, so I figured he had either been arrested or put on a psych hold. I finally found him in the system, sure enough, DUI. When he was released he called FSIL and he had the audacity to tell her he was upset because she hadn’t skipped out on work to go to the bar with him. At 9:30 am. If that isn’t some manipulative shit I don’t know what is. Nothing is ever his fault. 

Oh, and I ran a background check on myself yesterday and found a woman associated with my name who has 8 counts of identity theft. And there are three additional addresses associated with my name in places I’ve never lived. Now I’m trying to figure out if that’s from my identity theft a few years ago or if it’s new. 

So I’m ready for the weekend. We might see The Nun although it hasn’t gotten great reviews so far. This semester is starting off great. 
    So I'm not one to find great meme's with appropriate facial expressions or open jaws like the other posters, so I'll just put this in here, and hopefully someone else steps up.

:o 

• @ShesSoCold I think this is the first year it will be in September. And it is on the 1st Colts game of the season, home opener, so I'm guessing attendance will suffer even more than it has been
  • @levioosa, goodness!  That is a lot of bad stuff going on.  I hope your trips to L.A. are few and far between.  Yikes, your FBIL sounds like a mess.  I hope the new "entries" for your name are cleared up easily.  Identity theft is so scary.

It wasn't purposeful identity theft, but my friend had problems like that.  Someone with her name, but different social, got their car repo'ed.  That negative occurrence ended up on my friend's credit report.  If I remember correctly, I think there was some additional weirdness because my friend also had a car loan with the same company.  She eventually got it all worked out, but it was way more hassle than it should have been.  Considering all the many people she went through did recognize that it was a different SSN and obviously a mistake, smh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @banana468 do it. You deserve it. idk why but I believe it to be true. 
    Seconded. 
    Preach!

I love DH but for some reason this is a tough sell for him.   I'm thinking I'll get quotes next week.  If it's reasonable enough I may have to ask for forgiveness rather than beg for permission. 
  • Banana- don’t forget to check groupon
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2018
    I love when I get cleaners in.  Also amazon home services has a good program.  I had people come in at a very reasonable price. 

edit: just looked up a deep clean in my area and it's $108 so now I'm thinking of doing my own place before the 'rents arrive. hmmmm. It's $158 if the do my oven and fridge but I think I'd like to save $50 and do that myself.

Also should add it's 1,200 sq ft home with only 1 bathroom!

• levioosa said:
    It has taken me 2.5 hours to get to LA this morning and I am not about it. I don’t know if I could take a job in downtown. 

Holy cow?! I hope it all works out. That's horrible. I had a friend who went through an identity theft situation and they could not catch the woman. The thief finally bought a new car in my friends name and when she got a hit from her credit monitoring service she was able to find the dealership the woman bought the car from. She went on the facebook page and they posted a picture of the woman and her brand new car. That's how they actually caught her.