Attire & Accessories Forum

HELP!! Can't decide between two dresses

megf95megf95 member
First Comment
edited August 2018 in Attire & Accessories Forum
Hello,

I really need help deciding between these two dresses. I am getting married in a meadow (weather permitting) in September in Arkansas with a reception in a white barn.  I tried on the short sleeve dress in North Carolina (where my fiance lives) and the long sleeve in Texas (where I live) and I can't find a salon anywhere that has both. So trying them on back to back isn't an option. When I look at pictures it's really hard because they are in different lighting so it's hard to be a true judge. 

If I had to describe my wedding in 3 words I would say classic, romantic and fun. 

Please help!!!! Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.TIA!!!

Re: HELP!! Can't decide between two dresses

• Wow, they are both very pretty, and look nice on you.  

I kept going back to the short-sleeve one though- it really looks great on you!  Good luck!
  • Short Sleeve
  • I say the long sleeve, mostly because I don't like how sheer the other one is on the top and it's such a sharp difference from the skirt. I prefer the seamlessness look of the long sleeved one. But they're both very pretty!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I like the long sleeve better for the same reasons as @shessocold
  • I like the short sleeve one much better.
  • edited August 2018
    The long sleeved dress looks like it was made for you. Its so balanced and glides over your curves. 

• I like the short sleeve dress, especially for outdoors and with a barn.
  • IMO - a lot depends on the weather the day and evening of.  I like the dress with the long sleeves better on the all-around, but in a way, I'd rather see it with shorter sleeves.  I'm not really a fan of the other dress unfortunately...
  • I agree with @shesheduke the sheerness of the top on the short sleeve one isn't appealing to me. I also like the flow of the skirt on the long sleeved one. I'm just able to post this after being locked out of posting for days!
  • The short sleeve one fits you perfectly! I'm not crazy about the sheer (just my style) but overall like that dress better than the long sleeve. It fits better with a meadow/barn wedding too. Plus if it were me, those fake sheer sleeves would drive me bananas all night lol. 
  • edited August 2018
    MesmrEwe said:
    IMO - a lot depends on the weather the day and evening of.  I like the dress with the long sleeves better on the all-around, but in a way, I'd rather see it with shorter sleeves.  I'm not really a fan of the other dress unfortunately...
    I like the long sleeved dress better, not because of the sleeves, but for the overall look. But I wonder if it's going to be hot in Arkansas in September and if the barn is air conditioned. I would not want to suffer in long sleeves in the heat.

• I agree with @shesheduke the sheerness of the top on the short sleeve one isn't appealing to me. I also like the flow of the skirt on the long sleeved one.
  • I agree with @shesheduke the sheerness of the top on the short sleeve one isn't appealing to me. I also like the way the skirt flows on the long sleeved one.
  • i'm really liking the one with long sleeve, but bearing in mind that you'll have your wedding ceremony at an open barn, i guess the short sleeved one will be better
  •  i really like both, if picking one I'd say short sleeve.
  • MesmrEwe said:
    IMO - a lot depends on the weather the day and evening of.  I like the dress with the long sleeves better on the all-around, but in a way, I'd rather see it with shorter sleeves.  I'm not really a fan of the other dress unfortunately...
    I like the long sleeved dress better, not because of the sleeves, but for the overall look. But I wonder if it's going to be hot in Arkansas in September and if the barn is air conditioned. I would not want to suffer in long sleeves in the heat.
    Thankfully shortening the sleeves is a SUPER easy/affordable change if the OP chooses!
  • I like the long sleeve dress better as well, but agree with PP. It might be hot with the sleeves. The transition from the bottom to top on the short sleeve dress looks a bit odd in my opinion. 
  • edited September 2018
    I love the second one that has a taller sleeve, and I think that you are very nice on that
  • i like the short sleeve dress, but both dresses look beautiful.