Wedding Woes

Wednesday!

...And a happy Wednesday it is!  I just found out that Amazon's Prime Now launched in my city THIS morning!!!!!  I didn't even know it was coming!  Which makes it an even better surprise because...boom...it's already happening.

Right now, it's only Whole Foods.  Deliveries are free with orders of $35 or more.  Or $4.99 for less than that.  Even if it is only a $1 item.

Granted, I'm not the biggest fan of Whole Foods because I think the majority of their food items are overpriced.  But when they play into my sense of laziness like this, it becomes irresistible.

I'm going to have ice-cream delivered tonight.  Just because I CAN.  (cue maniacal laughter)   

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wednesday!

• edited September 2018
    Nice, S&S! That's exciting!

I'm already irrationally angry today. I work with a health insurance carrier that either has robots replying to their emails or complete fucking idiots. This kind of thing happens literally very single time I email a group inbox, rather than an actual person - 

Me - The Provider Finder is not functioning - I complete all the fields and when I click "OK", the processing bar just runs forever.

Them - The Provider Finder is a popup. Make sure you allow popups for your computer. 

Me - We believe this account has been transferred to another agency. Can you confirm and if so, as of what date?

Them - We can't give you a commissions statement because this account has been transferred to another agency. 

GRRRRRRR why is there no rum chata in this latte?!

Edited for typo

ETA again. I'm so petty. Another dumbass department of the same company is pissing me off. We've had a long email chain back and forth and they write my name in every greeting and every closing. Except they spell it incorrectly in the closing. Like, "Hello Jennifer" and then "Thank you Jennipher". So I highlighted the correct letter in my signature. Then I emailed with a closing "Thanks, JenniFer". 

I just send an email with J-E-N-N-I-F-E-R.

Man, even typing this out, I feel ridiculous. It appears I have my pissy pants on today.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited September 2018
    Pretty much every major grocery store around here delivers but, I have heard, the produce isn’t always the best. I don’t use the delivery service because I don’t know what I want half the time until I am in the store but I can see the appeal. The crazy thing is, pretty much every restaurant also delivers too. Burger King, shawarma, ice cream, coffee, sushi... maybe not every restaurant but every type for sure. 

Eta: tomorrow is a holiday (observed, I think the day off is for the Islamic New Year which was yesterday) so DH will be home. He says he has a lot he wants to accomplish this weekend so I told him to make a list. I have a feeling we are just going to walk around the mall aimlessly because he doesn’t actually know what he wants to do. I scheduled myself a massage for the morning because my back is killing me. I really hope she works out my knots instead of just being a gentle, relaxing massage. People here are so weird about pregnant ladies, I could see her refusing. I have my baby shower Friday, I am quite excited about it. 
  • Pretty much every major grocery store around here delivers but, I have heard, the produce isn’t always the best. I don’t use the delivery service because I don’t know what I want half the time until I am in the store but I can see the appeal. The crazy thing is, pretty much every restaurant also delivers too. Burger King, shawarma, ice cream, coffee, sushi... maybe not every restaurant but every type for sure. 

There are a couple big, grocery delivery services now in the States.  They're websites who use local independent contractors to be the picker/delivery people.  But, on top of paying a flat fee plus a per item fee, you also do NOT get any of the specials the store is running.  The sites have their own prices for items sold at, let's say, Winn Dixie.  Those prices are also usually higher than the actual store's prices.

I looked into it earlier this year, though didn't try it, and decided I didn't like the business model and all the "nickel and diming".  I expect to pay more for groceries that get delivered, but not 30+% more.

That's why I like the Prime Now model.  It's simple and clear.

Nowadays, there is Door Dash for restaurant, casual, dining, and even fast food deliveries.  Not long ago, there were zero places participating in my area.  Now there are 100s.  I've never used it, though.  The delivery times are typically long, 45-60 minutes.  I could cook all kinds of stuff myself in that time, lol.  I also find it cost prohibitive.  I think it's a $6 fee (might be higher), plus a tip for the driver.  Which sounds quite fair from that side of the coin!  Except, from my side, my $20-$25 order just had another 50% tacked on.  The miser in me can't bring myself to do that, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2018
    Morning. 

I'm tired and annoyed this morning.  Tired because DefConn woke up to pee at 4:15am and woke me up.  He then got in bed with us, which was sweet.  But I just couldn't fall back asleep for over an hour after that and then my alarm was going off just as I was feeling the sweet spot of cozy snoozing.  

And annoyed because of dumb work fuckery.  There's a certain team in my dept that's treated as 'precious' and is full of tenured people (more tenured than my almost 18 years) that are super finicky.  I don't hear from them often, but when I do...it's usually some dumb bullshit that has me all:

Image result for really gif

SO ugh. 

BUT, the boys and I have haircuts tonight.  DefConn is angling for some color.  I have to check pricing with my stylist and double check our school's dress code (because I do not want school fuckery). 

I could so go for a nap.  Coffee isn't cutting it.  
  • @ShesSoCold, you can come sit next to me and we can be pissy pants together.  ;) 
  • I feel like I must confess that I have paid $9 for Uber Eats to bring me a Coke from the McDonalds that's like a mile from my house while hung over.
    Image result for winning gif
  • NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2018
    I'm the laziest when it comes to the grocery store so I am here for this!

H works late tonight, so I’m on my own for dinner. I’m thinking baked tacos.

I’m trying to find a new show to watch on Netflix – any suggestions? 
  • I've been doing grocery delivery from Fairway for a few months now, and I love it. If you do order desserts from Whole Foods, check out their cheesecakes! Most likely they're from my old company. 

The weather here has been so blah and it's really affecting my mood. 
  • I'm the laziest when it comes to the grocery store so I am here for this!

Ozark
    The Good Place (season 2 just dropped)
    Bloodline
    I Am A Killer (docuseries)
    Stay Here
    Chef's Table (season 5 coming soon)
    The Stand Ups
    Last Chance U
    The Comedy Line Up
    Magic for Humans
    Ugly Delicious
  • mrsconn23 said:
    @ShesSoCold, you can come sit next to me and we can be pissy pants together.  ;) 
    Oh good thank you! I feel like such a petty asshole but FFS how hard is it to read a fucking email and/name?!

We should really be drinking. :P
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I applied to be a grocery delivery person and got turned down!  Every time I see one of the people in the store I want to run them over.

I overslept.

I'm trying to apply for a soccer tournament and can't figure out how.

Max and I had dentist appointments yesterday.  He has 2 cavities and I have a nasal polyp.  I don't know wtf a nasal polyp is, but now I keep thinking I'm breathing funny.

I messed up booking my bosses massage and tried to fix it before he noticed.  Except they're 2 hours behind and aren't opened.  He noticed.

• Netflix shows:

Glow 
    Ozark 
    Wild, Wild Country 
    Evil Genius 
    Dr Foster 
    Bloodline 
    Stranger Things 
    The Crown 
  • Netflix shows:

The Ranch
    Grace and Frankie
    Call the Midwife
    The Crown
    Longmire
    Our Souls at Night
  • @OliveOilsMom if I were your H, I'd just show up at this point.  He needs to talk to her doctors.  There seems to be a lot more going on with MIL than just this and I'm concerned that there's an underlying issue going on mentally (be it depression, anxiety, something hinky with the boyfriend, or god knows what else).  From what you're saying, I'd be ill at ease with the situation.  I also know what it's like to have to sit on your hands because it's in-laws fuckery.   
  • Glad your MIL is out of ICU @OliveOilsMom
    The name thing would annoy me too @ShesSoCold
    @NBSquared2017 I strongly recommend Jane the Virgin but the fifth and final season is coming out in January and I’d almost say wait for that to start, every season ends with a cliffhanger but the fourth season’s was insane, I don’t know how I’m going to wait.

I haven’t tried grocery delivery although there are plenty of options by me.  It’s tempting.  Nothing new to report.

• Netflix shows:

Glow 
    Ozark 
    Wild, Wild Country 
    Evil Genius 
    Dr Foster 
    Bloodline 
    Stranger Things 
    The Crown 
    I saw this. HOLY COW.
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2018
    mrsconn23 said:
    Morning. 

I'm tired and annoyed this morning.  Tired because DefConn woke up to pee at 4:15am and woke me up.  He then got in bed with us, which was sweet.  But I just couldn't fall back asleep for over an hour after that and then my alarm was going off just as I was feeling the sweet spot of cozy snoozing.  

And annoyed because of dumb work fuckery.  There's a certain team in my dept that's treated as 'precious' and is full of tenured people (more tenured than my almost 18 years) that are super finicky.  I don't hear from them often, but when I do...it's usually some dumb bullshit that has me all:

Image result for really gif

SO ugh. 

BUT, the boys and I have haircuts tonight.  DefConn is angling for some color.  I have to check pricing with my stylist and double check our school's dress code (because I do not want school fuckery). 

I could so go for a nap.  Coffee isn't cutting it.  

This was a really divisive issue in my area a couple weeks ago. 

It happened at a private school in a suburb.  As an aside, as a historically very Catholic place, the NOLA area has a LOT of private schools.  I've never heard a statistic, but I wouldn't be surprised if half (or more) kids go to private school.

At any rate, here was what happened.  That school had a policy that children needed to have natural hair.  Supposedly, the rule was primarily meant to keep students from dying their hair.  But I read the specific language and it was more general than that.

A young lady came to class (I think she was 8 or 9) with extensions in her hair and was sent home.  She is African American and some people felt the school's hair policy was racist, when it interpreted their own rules to include hair extensions, which are more prevalent in the African American community.  Other people felt the term "natural hair" was pretty straightforward, covered many areas of hair styles that applied to all races.  The school's argument was they have this policy to keep students at a more level, economic playing field.  So "wealthier" students don't have more expensive hair styles than "poorer" students.  That sounded far reaching to me but, who knows.

I personally think the hair policy is just dumb, all around.  Let kids and their parents decide for themselves how they want a child's hair to be.  It's a silly thing for a school administration to even care about.  Especially since, in this specific case, there wasn't anything weird or "outlandish" in her hairstyle.  Far from it.  I wouldn't have even known she was wearing extensions, except that was what the article was literally about.  That's a lot of micro-managing, smh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • levioosa said:
    I DoorDash an embarrassing amount of food. This is literally the name of an app album on my phone. Lol

School today. I’m already stressed about it. 

My parents are on vacation and they sent their dog to a boarding place with open grounds and webcams. My mom spray painted the dog’s tail pink so she could pick her out on the webcam and it’s hilarious. I teased her about it, but I’m not going to lie, it makes the dog way easier to find. 

Eta: my mom actually had the dog professionally dyed at the groomer. Spray painted sounds like animal abuse. I swear she did it safely. Lol
    I love the name of your album!

Also, Beyond Menu reeeeeeeeeally needs to hire new marketing/branding/graphics folks because THAT is NOT a good abbreviation/icon for a food app. 
  • @levioosa, I am cracking up at the thought of looking for the pink tail in a group of dogs.  Sounds brilliant!

I've only heard of about half of your Bring Me Food apps.  It is the dark ages out here, lol.  Another reason I was floored that Prime Now came to town this soon.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm the laziest when it comes to the grocery store so I am here for this!

what are baked tacos? 
  • I’m glad she’s improving @OliveOilsMom but I’d still be pissed I think it’s time to sit down and talk with her about what info needs to be communicated to the family. We had to do this with my mom when my dad was in the ICU, too. I’m so curious how you found out she was in the hospital if she didn’t call anyone??

Im also cranky today. Probably because my leg hurts, or that work is busy, or I’m just a bitch. We have an open floor plan office with dozens of cubes/desks. This one team that sits near me CONSTANTLY works collaboratively, but at their desks. So they are talking non-stop all day long. We have collaborative work spaces they aren’t using, they’re just non-stop working together and it drives me crazy. I get a 10-15 work time together, but longer than that? Book a room and work where you’re not bothering the entire floor. 
  • My guilty secret for the day.  I have one of those typical 5-drawer high filing cabinets in my office at work.  I use half of it as my work pantry for snacks and meals, lol.  Supplies are running very low and I had to really scrounge in it to come up with lunch today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2018
    My guilty secret for the day.  I have one of those typical 5-drawer high filing cabinets in my office at work.  I use half of it as my work pantry for snacks and meals, lol.  Supplies are running very low and I had to really scrounge in it to come up with lunch today.
    This whole drawer is snacks and emergency supplies (shout wipes, hair cream, tampons, etc). No apologies. 

ETA: I don’t know why the picture is in the box. 
  • @OliveOilsMom I agree that it’s tome to just show up and not ask permission. How old is your mom? Do you think there might be some mental illness at play? Is the bf a good person?  You don’t need to answer they were just things that crossed my mind. 

There are app albums?!  I’m so sick of apps. 
  • @6fsn if you select and hold an app they will start to bounce around like you can delete them. If you pick one up and drag it over another app it creates an album with both of them (or as many as you add) in it. I also have an embarrassing amount of apps, so I use the albums/folders to organize them. I have one for my school stuff, one for annoying coupon apps that I feel like I can’t delete, one for restaurant points, one for business stuff, etc. This is for iPhone though. Not sure about android. It keeps me from having like twenty pages of apps. 

• kvruns said:
    I'm the laziest when it comes to the grocery store so I am here for this!

what are baked tacos? 
    @kvruns - the only way I eat tacos! Stand the taco shells up in a casserole dish and put the cooked meat and cheese in the taco shells. Bake for 15 minutes and when done add your toppings.

I love this method as the taco shells don't break apart when you bite into them. 

Here's a link: https://www.spendwithpennies.com/cheesy-oven-baked-tacos/
  • My guilty secret for the day.  I have one of those typical 5-drawer high filing cabinets in my office at work.  I use half of it as my work pantry for snacks and meals, lol.  Supplies are running very low and I had to really scrounge in it to come up with lunch today.
    I have 4 types of tea and 2 types of hot sauce in my top drawer. No shame in my game.