Wedding Woes

Friday

What's up? 

I had to find Fox News this morning because they are reporting from my brother's condo. 

I was supposed to have a call at 9 and the person never showed up.  It looks like she's changed a bunch of stuff we collaborate on so now I am trying to get my work done, but don't know what's going on.

I had a little discussion with M2's soccer coach last night.  They have 1.5 boys teams and 1 girls teams.  The boys are taking turns playing 2 games a weekend, they are playing a tournament this weekend, and none of their games are during the week.  The girls play one game and half of them are during the week.  They are also not playing a tournament.  We pay the same fees as the boys and are not getting the same experience.  I don't think they are doing it on purpose, but it doesn't make it right. 

Re: Friday

• Like they are actually at his condo for their reports? And he is there because he couldn't evacuate right? Hope everything is ok 
  • They were in the parking lot of his building. He’s not there though
  • That is so crazy with your brother and Fox News!  How did that come about?  I'm assuming his condo is few floors up and "relatively" safer, at least from potential flooding.

I was just checking out the news.  I didn't realize the Hurricane had been downgraded to a Cat. 1 before it hit landfall.  That is amazingly good news.  I realize there is still and will be major devastation, especially from storm surges, but it would have been so much worse if the storm had stayed as strong as it was.  Stay strong, Carolinas!

It's a rare Fri. where I actually don't have any errands to run after work.  Woo hoo!  I got my Prime Now order from Whole Foods delivered last night.  It went smoothly and now I'm hooked!  I predict for my future that I will be spending much less time doing grocery shopping, lol.

Nothing going on Sat.  But Sun., one of our neighbors is treating my H and I to brunch.  They know we're "brunch people" and found a great place a couple months ago.  They were out of town for two weeks and we took care of their herd of cats, lol.  Brunch is their thank-you and we're really looking forward to it.  Not just the food (and mimosas), lol.  But they're great ladies also and we enjoy spending time with them. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hope your brother and everyone else in the area are okay!

My sore throat is better, which is awesome because that's the worst part for me. We have very little planned this weekend, which is nice. Maybe if H gets off work early enough tomorrow we'll go to the jewelry store and have a bracelet (that I got a year and a half ago...) shortened. I also want them to look at my e-ring because it's starting to grab and snag my clothes. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I started Handmaid's Tale on this beautiful morning.  And they keep playing commercials for Fahrenheit 11/9 (the new Michael Moore doc about Pres Cheeto).   So we're all fucked and going to die.  ;) 

We bought a trampoline for the kids and started to put it together last night.  We're missing a whole bag of springs.  :/  But the company has already shipped the missing springs.  So yay for good customer service.  Poor DefConn, though.  He was so excited and now he has to wait with the trampoline half put together in the backyard.  :) 

Other than that, yay Friday and yay weekend.  Looking forward to a fun one. 

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2018
    yeah I saw that it's a cat 1 now, on the news today too.  T&P's still for all in the path. 

I was just invited to a bbq birthday get together for TOMORROW! I told her I had a prp facial Saturday morning and it all depends on how my face looks. I wasn't expecting to go out in public this weekend.  I heard you're red for 48 hrs-to maybe 72 hours after it! and I get red really easily.  So we'll see.

eta for:  I emailed my mom today on her work email address (it's a gmail account for the small company she works with).  I mean it's my mom so it was nothing vulgar.  Just told her to check her hotel prices since mine went down for the wedding we're going to next month.  Turns out her coworker got the email too!  And one time I emailed her it went to her boss.

Does gmail have a fwd-ing system I'm unaware of?

• Oh, and obviously at the forefront of everyone's mind - Edna is completely confused by her new bench. She was excited but only because I was excited and she only put her front paws on it, but even then she can see out the window. Maybe it'll grow on her.

I'm adulting a lot this week. Upped our life insurance on Wednesday and now I'm opening a CD with some savings money that's just been sitting. I'd much rather go on that antarctic cruise I've always dreamed of. 

FTR, I DID think about Edna the other day, lol.  I was petting my cat lounging at the top of her condo and I wondered if Edna had gotten her bench yet and if she liked it.

When we first got the condo, the cat was majorly sniffing it up.  But she does that for anything new we bring into the house.  I waited about 30 minutes to see if she would use it, but she didn't.  So then I decided she probably needed a helping hand to understand what to do with it.

I picked her up and put her in one of the cubby holes and petted her for a few minutes.  She hung out for a good while.  Later in the day, I picked her up and put her at the top of it.  She seemed to like it and was looking all around, but not out the window, smh.  I tapped the window glass as if to say, "Look.  LOOK.  You can look outside now.  You're welcome."  lmao.

I felt like I was being an overbearing, impatient mother.  But it worked!  As soon as showed her the possibilities, she was using that thing all the time.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hope your brother is okay @6fsn
    @ShesSoCold aw I actually wondered about Edna yesterday..it’s hard watching dogs get old.
    @CharmedPam what’s a prp facial?

I was swamped yesterday but things are calmer today.  Autumn is always busy (good busy) on weekends I love all the seasonal fun- taking the kids apple picking tomorrow and I’m thrilled that the rain has finally stopped.  Hoping the orchard isn’t crazy soggy. SSDD otherwise.
  • SSDD for me. Tomorrow we are going to a wedding at a unique venue. I don’t know what to wear. I already know there will be drink tickets. I’m curious what else we’ll find when we go. I had to convince FI to give a check instead of a big boxed gift. The venue isn’t in the best city and it’s far enough that staying the night would be nice, but close enough that a hotel is too expensive to justify it. And the only hotel in that city is a motel 6 which is a hard no for me. So we’ll be spending the motel six money on ubering. Lol. 

• I am websurfing for my very short window of 'sitting up'.
    I am really really really bored, because my options are 'lay down' or 'stand and pace'.  And laying down is really dull (and pacing is, at this point, about 20 min before my foot goes on fire.

Please let monday's dr appts come
  • @eileenrob, prp is a platelet rich plasma facial. aka "vampire facial" if you will. They extract blood from your arm, spin it in a device and put it in a needle to 'microneedle' it back into your face.  Its supposed to work wonders.  Couldn't come at a more bad time, as a spa JUST got sued this week in New Mexico for passing HIV to someone.  So basically not using sterile needles?  But who knows.  one customer only? I dunno. Seems shady to me.

@levloosa, yeah I couldn't stay at motel 6 and if uber costs the same do that!  Spending time in my bed > hotel beds (and trust me - I TRAVEL!)

Remember that paypal thing i was talking about? Where my friend sent it to someone one digit off of my account?  She didn't return it so my friend put a claim into paypal for it.  They denied it last week saying it was an unofficial payment.

Since i know this girl's email address, I emailed her last Friday to give her a 2nd chance:
    My friend sent me money through paypal but accidentally used your email address instead of mine.  She has requested for you to refund that.  Have you gotten that email? 
    No response, so this Friday I sent:
    It's OK, hon.  Obviously you do need this money more than I do, and I am more than willing to donate to charities that do need it.  So please, when I file my 2018 taxes next year can you please tell me what charity you fall under?  are you homeless? have starving children to feed? Please let me know for accurate book keeping. 

Nothing's going to come out of it - but it felt good sending that! also, if your that Pam who got my money instead of me and is reading this - shame on you! :)

• @charmedpam devil's advocate here, I wonder if the person doesn't even know they have the $$ or are nervous to refund/do anything with it thinking it could be part of a scam. I feel like I'd be a bit hesitant although in that case I'd contact Paypal and be like there's strange money in my account and someone wants it - what can I do
  • kvruns said:
    @charmedpam devil's advocate here, I wonder if the person doesn't even know they have the $$ or are nervous to refund/do anything with it thinking it could be part of a scam. I feel like I'd be a bit hesitant although in that case I'd contact Paypal and be like there's strange money in my account and someone wants it - what can I do
    I did wonder if this was her secondary email.  That's why I gave her 3 weeks since my friend started the process before sending out the passive aggressive one.

• kvruns said:
    @charmedpam devil's advocate here, I wonder if the person doesn't even know they have the $$ or are nervous to refund/do anything with it thinking it could be part of a scam. I feel like I'd be a bit hesitant although in that case I'd contact Paypal and be like there's strange money in my account and someone wants it - what can I do
    That's where I'm at with this as well. I never, ever use Paypal and it's linked to an email address I never use anymore. It could be a long time before I even knew I had funds in my account. And if there were mystery funds, I'd be hesitant to do anything with them.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2018
    I had paypal deny once, I argued it and they reversed the decision. I use paypal a lot but just discovered about a month ago I had $86 from H returning something to Advance and didn't mention it to me. If I got an email I deleted thinking it was junk I guess. It had been there over 2 months, I log on to pay my CC payment and didn't even notice it. 

kvruns said:
    That's where I'm at with this as well. I never, ever use Paypal and it's linked to an email address I never use anymore. It could be a long time before I even knew I had funds in my account. And if there were mystery funds, I'd be hesitant to do anything with them.
    right, but after my friend saw that her last name was not mine, she put in a process to alert her and have her refund it via paypal's procedures.  I'm not sure how it all works, but the girl DID know it was in error and had the steps to correct it. 

edit: and this is a gmail account and she put her picture in the profile.  she looks like someone who would keep the money.  :# (kidding of course)

• I had paypal deny once, I argued it and they reversed the decision. I use paypal a lot but just discovered about a month ago I had $86 from H returning something to Advance and didn't mention it to me. If I got an email I deleted thinking it was junk I guess. It had been there over 2 months, I log on to pay my CC payment and didn't even notice it. 
  • My mom's cousin lives in New Bern and had been planning to ride out the storm. They had to rescue hundreds of people out of there this morning. Obviously we haven't been able to get in touch with him. 
    AND my mom has 2 more cousins riding out the storm in Sunset Beach NC at my aunt's house. They are right on the water. They're still calling for a very large storm surge, so I don't even know if their houses are OK, or already under water. 
  • I had paypal deny once, I argued it and they reversed the decision. I use paypal a lot but just discovered about a month ago I had $86 from H returning something to Advance and didn't mention it to me. If I got an email I deleted thinking it was junk I guess. It had been there over 2 months, I log on to pay my CC payment and didn't even notice it. 
    right, that's why i emailed her directly.  So it wasn't coming from paypal.  Mine could have went right to spam too.

• Since i know this girl's email address, I emailed her last Friday to give her a 2nd chance:
    My friend sent me money through paypal but accidentally used your email address instead of mine.  She has requested for you to refund that.  Have you gotten that email? 
    It's OK, hon.  Obviously you do need this money more than I do, and I am more than willing to donate to charities that do need it.  So please, when I file my 2018 taxes next year can you please tell me what charity you fall under?  are you homeless? have starving children to feed? Please let me know for accurate book keeping. 

Nothing's going to come out of it - but it felt good sending that! also, if your that Pam who got my money instead of me and is reading this - shame on you! :)

Funny you should say that.  And I seriously doubt you would want to go to even to this little bit of trouble for it.  But you could actually file a MISC-1099 income, for forgiven debt, to the IRS for her.  It really pisses people off, lol.  Unfortunately, you might have to have her SSN for that, but I'm not totally sure.

That's what some landlords on my forum will do.  If it comes to a point were a prior deadbeat tenant refuses to pay money owed and a small claims judgment against them would probably be useless also (or they already have one), they'll reach out with one final Hail Mary, in writing...

That $XXX is still owed.  Blah, blah.  They are ready to forgive the debt but, if they do, they are required to send a MISC-1099 form, for forgiven debt income, to the IRS.  If you prefer the IRS to not be involved in this matter, than please contact Ms. Jane Doe within the next 10 business days to make payment arrangements.

Apparently it is shocking how often this works and people will finally get monies owed to them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Glad to hear 6 and hoping your family is alright @climbingwife!
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2018

I am so cranky about such petty stuff.....

-Stupid company behind us won't mow their stupid grass.  It's over my knees.  I've had to call all summer and I'm tired of it. I called zoning for the second time on them

- M2's coach just scheduled two "games".  So next we she has practice Tues/Thurs; game Wed; and this schedule shows them playing Friday from 5:30-6:05 and 6:35-7:05 against a team in the same club but a year older.  These aren't games their scrimmages at a super inconvenient time and it's not really developmentally appropriate to play 4 days in a row. 

ETA: I KNOW THIS IS ALL STUPID STUFF AND I SHOULDN'T BE ANNOYED.  I'm feeling really cranky and lazy today.  I need a shower and don't even want to do that. I will though because I need to go volunteer at school. I will also be having a happy hour at the bus stop.

• I hope all Knotties with family/friends/loved ones in the path of the storm are staying safe! 

Day 5 of a migraine. But now it's on the right side of my head, so at least I have balance? 

Cannot wait for this week to be over. I've been pooped on by a bird (NOT good luck - bought a dud of a scratcher); had meetings with condescending douchebags, and some 15-month-old asshole bit Babypants on the back at school this morning. She will be fine; luckily he did not break the skin, but wtf?!

I need all the cocktails. 
  • Can your friend dispute the charge with her CC? 

• I'm here, read all your postings and now its back to work!  Super busy today and will be working OT tonight too!

Climbing - I hope you hear from your relatives soon and they are safe.

• Since i know this girl's email address, I emailed her last Friday to give her a 2nd chance:

Funny you should say that.  And I seriously doubt you would want to go to even to this little bit of trouble for it.  But you could actually file a MISC-1099 income, for forgiven debt, to the IRS for her.  It really pisses people off, lol.  Unfortunately, you might have to have her SSN for that, but I'm not totally sure.

That's what some landlords on my forum will do.  If it comes to a point were a prior deadbeat tenant refuses to pay money owed and a small claims judgment against them would probably be useless also (or they already have one), they'll reach out with one final Hail Mary, in writing...

That $XXX is still owed.  Blah, blah.  They are ready to forgive the debt but, if they do, they are required to send a MISC-1099 form, for forgiven debt income, to the IRS.  If you prefer the IRS to not be involved in this matter, than please contact Ms. Jane Doe within the next 10 business days to make payment arrangements.

Apparently it is shocking how often this works and people will finally get monies owed to them.

What?!?! Just what? No. This is so inappropriate as is emailing her personally. Your friend screwed up. She can deal with pay pal about her own mistake. Stop harassing a random stranger about it. 
  • My mom's cousin lives in New Bern and had been planning to ride out the storm. They had to rescue hundreds of people out of there this morning. Obviously we haven't been able to get in touch with him. 
    AND my mom has 2 more cousins riding out the storm in Sunset Beach NC at my aunt's house. They are right on the water. They're still calling for a very large storm surge, so I don't even know if their houses are OK, or already under water. 
    yikes.  I see a lot of backlash of "why do they people stay?".  My mom said on the phone today that one of her friends' daughters lives in the path and they literally could not leave. Like, gas is not easy to get to when something like this happens and they couldn't gas up and get out! 
    FX you hear something soon!

yikes.  I see a lot of backlash of "why do they people stay?".  My mom said on the phone today that one of her friends' daughters lives in the path and they literally could not leave. Like, gas is not easy to get to when something like this happens and they couldn't gas up and get out! 
    FX you hear something soon!

Did it run out days in advance?   If people are in an evacuation zone were they running out of gas by last weekend?  At least when we dealt with Sandy 6 years ago gas was still available up to a day before it hit.   Parts of our town were evacuated but we were able to stay put however if we needed to use our generator all day we would have run out of gas before the stations had additional deliveries.