Wedding Woes

Wednesday

So, my tattoo removal did not go well. They said they can do "an injection" to numb the area. Yes, great, I want that. They did not say that it would be like a dozen injections. And I passed out. From the injections, not even the actual laser. But once I woke up and they were able to continue, the numbing worked as I barely even felt the laser. Next time I'm trying the numbing cream instead. This totally sucks though and I'm pretty upset that I reacted like that. And I have like 10 more of these to go. 

How's y'alls' day going so far?
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Wednesday

• OMG, SSC.  That sounds awful.   :(

I'm watching Below Deck and drinking coffee.  I'm trying to want to do real work.  ;)  

SSDD...At least it's Wednesday and the weekend doesn't seem as far away. 

• Yikes SSC that sounds bad. 

MrsConn are you watching the regular Below Deck? I know Mediterranean just finished but wasn't sure if the "regular" version was back on 
  • @ShesSoCold, yikes!  That sounds torturous.  I'm sorry to hear how unpleasant the process will be.

The USPS actually did deliver my Amazon order yesterday.  But apparently it was "too much" to walk up the five steps to my porch and they put the box just inside my small fence instead.  But at least I have it now.

I'm excited!  The Deutsches Haus has moved to my neighborhood.  They are an event hall and German restaurant.  The building and restaurant itself have not opened yet, but the grounds will be open for their annual Oktoberfest celebrations.  Mmmm...beer and German food.  They have dachshund races also.  So cute!  I'm also looking forward to when the restaurant opens.  It will have waterfront views of one of the bayous.  Technically, close enough to walk back home after a day of beer drinking.  But more probably a cheap Uber ride home, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I guess I should have mentioned that I am prone to passing out and I do that a lot with pain and needles and stuff. So not totally unexpected but still sucked. 

S&S funny you mention German food, H has been wanting to go to this German restaurant that's like an hour from us for years now and for whatever reason we've just never gone. He mentioned yesterday that he wants to go this month! Dachshund races sound awesome!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2018
    kvruns said:

MrsConn are you watching the regular Below Deck? I know Mediterranean just finished but wasn't sure if the "regular" version was back on 
    Yep, Capt. Lee and Kate in Tahiti.  ;) It premiered last night. 
  • Yikes, that’s a little scary @ShesSoCold; why do they do so many injections? I’ve had lidocaine injections before and it was just one (big one) to numb the area. 

Not much today; starting work on a new project today that’s pretty interesting. But other than that SSDD. Don’t even have big plans to look forward to this weekend. Although after last weekends late night out that’s probably a good thing. 
  • Oh man, I did not realize tattoo removal was so intense like that! 
  • Has anybody here taken Cymbalta? My rheumatologist prescribed it for chronic pain from my psoriatic arthritis. He told me all about great results he's been seeing, but after reading about it I'm nervous to take it. Looks like its really hard to stop after you start. I'd like to hear from somebody I "know" thats tried it.
  • edited October 2018
    Pam, they gave me the option of the injection, the cream (which takes like a hour to work) or just the normal cold air. I chose the injection thinking it would be one quick shot and I'd be good. It took probably 3X as long to get all the injections in as the actual tattoo removal laser did. 

ETA - Charlotte - I can't believe he didn't warn me that it would be MANY injections! I will say, though, that I could feel the laser a bit on the corner where he was  trying to inject me when I passed out, so I'm sure they were all necessary.

I bought the cream so next time I'll slap it on there before we go. Since the laser didn't take long at all (literally like 30 seconds), I'm hoping I can power through that. 

He also gave me some good advice - sometimes drinking too much water (which I do drink a lot) can remove electrolytes so I'll have a gatorade or smart water or something earlier in the day. And I'll make sure I eat closer to the appt. 

And yeah, Pam, that's crap. I'm a bad driver and I avoid driving downtown but FFS I'd never ask anyone to go out of their way to drive me around like that! My bad driving is not your problem!
  • Pam, they gave me the option of the injection, the cream (which takes like a hour to work) or just the normal cold air. I chose the injection thinking it would be one quick shot and I'd be good. It took probably 3X as long to get all the injections in as the actual tattoo removal laser did. 

ETA - Charlotte - I can't believe he didn't warn me that it would be MANY injections! I will say, though, that I could feel the laser a bit on the corner where he was  trying to inject me when I passed out, so I'm sure they were all necessary.

I bought the cream so next time I'll slap it on there before we go. Since the laser didn't take long at all (literally like 30 seconds), I'm hoping I can power through that. 

He also gave me some good advice - sometimes drinking too much water (which I do drink a lot) can remove electrolytes so I'll have a gatorade or smart water or something earlier in the day. And I'll make sure I eat closer to the appt. 

And yeah, Pam, that's crap. I'm a bad driver and I avoid driving downtown but FFS I'd never ask anyone to go out of their way to drive me around like that! My bad driving is not your problem!
    That's a great idea! Get it nice and numb before you go.

Right.  I mean it's one thing for me to drive if we have an appointment together.  Sure, I'd rather make it there in one piece. But to ask me to drive her on her own? Nope! I always knew I was her chauffeur but it was quite obvious when she assumed I was still going to take her.  She's definitely the friend where if you see her number come up on your phone screen you ask "what does she want from me now?"

• Peeps, if you could spare some T&P I just got off the phone and my dad's in the hospital.  We're not sure what's going on but he may have had a mini stroke and he was admitted with a pretty high (101) fever.

I'll take all the vibes I can get. 
  • @banana468, oh no!  I'm sorry to hear that.  I really hope everything turns out okay.  All the vibes from me!  Many T&Ps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh no, Banana, T&V to your dad and your family. I hope you get answers quickly!
  • T&P's @banana468, let's hope they get to the bottom of this real quick.

• Hoping all is okay @banana468. All the good vibes to your dad. 
  • Someone tell me I don’t need another pair of LL Bean boots (I have short ones and want tall ones) and another flannel shirt (I have 3). 

I have a problem. 
  • @ShesSoCold that's terrible.  IDK if you've discussed it, and please tell me to MYOB if you like; why are you having it removed?

@mrsconn23 I JUST DISCOVERED THAT SHOW AND I'M IN LOVE WITH IT.  I cannot even remember the last reality show I watched that I even liked a little bit, but I can sit and watch that show every time it's on.  I need to find it streaming somewhere and catch up on all the things.

@pegasuskat I had a close friend who had a bad experience with Cymbala.  I believe she was on it for chronic back pain.  She had a major not-great personality change and eventually had to titrate off of it.  K is taking it as an anti-depressant, but it's in conjunction with an anti-anxiety for management of borderline personality disorder.  They have no complaints so far and I haven't noticed anything but positive changes.  Sorry that I'm leaving you at a 50/50.  :(

This Saturday is K's last roller derby game of the season.  We should know soon if they are booking the gig with the RuPaul queen or not.  If not, October is on lock down for not doing a damn thing on weekends but spending some time together and relaxing.  We both need it.  Both of us are guilty of moving things off our plate and either replacing the things or picking up something from the other one.  We need to be selfish for  bit.

Other than that, SSDD.
  • Pam, they gave me the option of the injection, the cream (which takes like a hour to work) or just the normal cold air. I chose the injection thinking it would be one quick shot and I'd be good. It took probably 3X as long to get all the injections in as the actual tattoo removal laser did. 

Yeah I’m really surprised they didn’t mention it when you called to ask about numbing. 

How many sessions will it take?
  • VarunaTT said:
    @ShesSoCold that's terrible.  IDK if you've discussed it, and please tell me to MYOB if you like; why are you having it removed?

No worries!! I'm just...over it. It's a kool-aid man that I got when I was 19. My nickname is Ade and as a kid I collected kool aid stuff. So not as random and stupid as it sounds at first, but still stupid. LOL. I've wanted it gone for years now and debated between covering it, removing it, dealing with it. I didn't want another, bigger tattoo I don't want so removing it was the best option for me. 

They estimated 11 sessions. :( 
  • VarunaTT said:
    @ShesSoCold that's terrible.  IDK if you've discussed it, and please tell me to MYOB if you like; why are you having it removed?

No worries!! I'm just...over it. It's a kool-aid man that I got when I was 19. My nickname is Ade and as a kid I collected kool aid stuff. So not as random and stupid as it sounds at first, but still stupid. LOL. I've wanted it gone for years now and debated between covering it, removing it, dealing with it. I didn't want another, bigger tattoo I don't want so removing it was the best option for me. 

Wow, how big (or red) is he? That seems like a lot. 
  • Sending T&P @banana468

@CharmedPam that is a load of crap. Has she never heard of Uber?

@mrsconn23 that is my guilty pleasure reality tv show. 

Today I have school and a quiz I was unable to study for with everything happening, so that should be fun. I was going back and forth with doing my clinic day tomorrow but I think I’m going to just skip this week and decompress a little bit. I’m also now officially behind in school work so I have to do that as well. I did schedule a massage for myself on Friday. 

In other news, it’s supposed to rain here today and that’s pretty exciting. Too bad I’ll be in class and won’t be able to fully enjoy it. A day at home with rain and tea would be just what I need. 

• OMG Banana.  T+P's for your dad and all of you.  <3 
  • VarunaTT said:

@mrsconn23 I JUST DISCOVERED THAT SHOW AND I'M IN LOVE WITH IT.  I cannot even remember the last reality show I watched that I even liked a little bit, but I can sit and watch that show every time it's on.  I need to find it streaming somewhere and catch up on all the things.

DH usually sniffs in derision at my Bravo addiction, but he LOVES the show too.  We fantasize about taking a yacht vacation one day.  The guests are so fucking wacky and the crews are so full of drama.  And then you get the amazing backdrops.  Below Deck Med has a better backdrop, but I prefer Capt. Lee and Kate's relationship.  Kate is so deadpan and doesn't give a single fuck.  

BravoTV.com or the app has them all. 

My co-worker's 5 year plan is to retire to the Caribbean and she and her H are going to run a catamaran.  I'm definitely going to keep in touch with her.  ;) 
  • banana468 said:
    Peeps, if you could spare some T&P I just got off the phone and my dad's in the hospital.  We're not sure what's going on but he may have had a mini stroke and he was admitted with a pretty high (101) fever.

I'll take all the vibes I can get. 
    M & I have got you. 3
  • Thanks everyone!   I talked to him and he's cognizant of what's going on which is good.   He even started talking politics!  

I know he's had a shot of heparin and he may be discharged today so my fingers are crossed that his body had some kind of odd virus but I'm hoping to take a day off from work and go w/ him to see his physician on Friday. 
  • I'm glad to hear your dad is doing OK, banana.  Hopefully he'll keep improving.  ((hugs))
  • Glad your dad is cognizant and alert @banana468  hope he’s okay. Ugh that sounds crappy @ShesSoCold

SSDD here.  My son has now gone 8 straight days at preschool with no accidents which is huge...but nothing else new going on :)
  • VarunaTT said:

Wow, how big (or red) is he? That seems like a lot. 
    He's small - maybe 2 inches square? And apparently red and black are actually the easiest colors to remove, which is interesting since they're the hardest to cover.

If you need more sessions than they estimate, they do them for free so I assume they estimate high to avoid that. The other consultation I went to estimated 8 sessions and they have a very similar laser so I'm hoping it's less.
  • Hugs and vibes banana. 

Nothing much here. I want to go shopping, see a movie and take a nap, but I need to work and cook instead.