Wedding Woes

Thursdayyy!!

No one wants all the notifications that come with starting the post? :)

What's going on? H has to work overnight tonight. Which I wish he'd stand up to his boss and refuse if he doesn't get extra pay. It always ends up costing H money. Like, he's going to work 6 hours this morning, go home, then go to the job at 9:30 tonight and work all night, then be off tomorrow. On a normal week, he works probably 10 hours each day and this week he'll only get like 16 at most for these two days. Bullshit.

But that's his deal. Hockey starts tonight!!! 
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Thursdayyy!!

• boooo to the job, @shessocold. He should get some incentive for 3rd shift!

I am so ready for the weekend.  My entertainment set arrived yesterday.  It took H 4 hours to put it together.  So that's what he did all night while i watched food network.  It's nice.  Shorter than anticipated but i'm really not good at measurements. 

H is trying to find some time off in his very difficult schedule to drive to NY to be with the family.  He might forfeit the Calgary wedding since he has those days off for sure, which sucks for me but I have family there so I won't be alone.  We're kinda waiting to see how his Dad does.  We hear he's improving.  Today he got a text saying MIL & FIL's broiler went out so all 4 kids are chipping in on that too.  It never ends.  Now he has to find travel money to NY, time OFF for it - and chip in on this!

yay hockey!

• I got in super late today because we had an almost 2 hours meeting at DefConn's school.  We got all the evaluations back and we've got him started on an IEP for a 'specific learning disability' (dyslexia).  None of it was a surprise.  The special ed teacher is awesome and I have a feeling we'll get along great.  We've gotten some great resources and now I need to get him on the waiting list for some intensive free tutoring.   

DH seemed to be really processing this emotionally after the meeting.  I'm not sure why he's struggling with it so much, but he's definitely starting to turn wheels on how we can provide more support at home to DefConn. 

I am feeling my legs today.  Apparently, the leg workout I did yesterday was more intense than I thought.  

Probably not going to watch the Thursday night game tonight because I don't want to be sad.  LOL  Pats are our kryptonite.  

Prudie day.  I haven't even looked yet.  I will try to here in a few.  Late start has me all discombobulated. 
  • I’m sure that’s a lot to process conn. It’s swesome that they’ve caught it early and you have resources. 
  • Man. Sounds like everyone deserves a drink today.

Today was a good day. My friend is still struggling with jet lag so she rested today in order to stay up a little later tonight so hopefully she will not wake up at 3am again. I had my massage and then did a small grocery shop. Since she was resting, I had a quiet afternoon as well. DH came home a little early, I made dinner, did some laundry. Now we are all chilling.

My dog is feeling much better. We gave him half an asprin (or whatever it is dogs can have, DH looked it up to make sure it was okay) and DH gave the dog a massage. (I half roll my eyes and half melt my heart). The next day he was back to normal.

my stepdad is improving?? He is on a breathing and feeding tube. He is getting more movement in his arms but not in his legs apparently. 

Other than that, baby is due on Saturday. I am going in for a sweep on Tuesday if nothing happens before then. I don’t think it will and really want to go support my friends at a horse show tomorrow but it is like 1.5-2 hours away. I am not sure I should be that far away from the hospital, jic.
  • @ShesSoCold, in my last job, one of the managers actually had the gall to ask if I'd be willing to work 8-6 M-F, with a 2-hour lunch every day.  I think my mouth might have actually dropped open.  I was pretty blunt that was a really horrible schedule and there was no way I would do it.  I did offer to work until 6 every day, with my normal 1-hour lunch, and they could pay me OT for those extra hours.  But that wasn't a possibility for them.  Fortunately, it didn't go any further than her asking and my refusing.

@CharmedPam, glad your entertainment center got put up!  Your H is a good man, lol.  I'm glad his dad is improving and I hope that continues.

Ugh, such a bummer.  My H and our friend/plumber were going out to the vacant rental house for a lot more work today.  And got in a fender bender on the way there :(.  My H didn't have time to give me too much info, other than to say they're both okay.  But I got the impression the friend's car isn't driveable and we have tools/stuff in it.  He said something about he'll need my help to go pick those things up later.  He is one-track minded about getting this house back in shape and must be really frustrated.  I know he had been geared up and planning to get a lot done today.

I am super busy at work today.  Usually my days are a lot more mellow.  But the big boss gave me an ASAP project to get done.  I'm not really complaining.  I like having work to do.  Just wish it was a bit less urgent and I could take my time more.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I’m glad everyone is okay @short+sassy

Sending you good vibes @mrsconn23. Early intervention is going to make a huge difference. 

I am staying home and relaxing today. Last night was stressful at school. My school BFF and I kind of lost it in our second class when the teacher kept asking about the importance of theory in science (it shouldn’t exist, get your personal opinions tf out of science) and how lamentable it is that there isn’t more research about and for men (literally almost all medical research is based on adult Caucasian males—it just started changing recently). “When I did my thesis, I picked a male advisor, he could identify with me as another male, there were so many women and I was the only male doing this research....there was a woman at the school at the time and she didn’t get tenure because her research wasn’t producing..... I went to a woman’s health conference and all I could think was ‘but what about the men’s health?’”

My school bff and I almost had strokes trying to hold back. It feels like conservative crazy town there. Everyone was agreeing with him and with everything else going on politically it’s just one more thing to make me feel drained and hopeless about the future. 

So today I am taking a mental health day and relaxing. I scheduled a massage for tomorrow and we don’t have any plans for the weekend. I have great leftovers in the fridge and it’s starting to cool down. I’m trying to focus on the positive so I don’t lose my mind. And I scheduled a maid for tomorrow so I can try out the service, so I’m not even going to clean today. Thank goodness. 

• Those meetings are always a lot to process @mrsconn23 (my son was in Early Intervention at two months old), but I’m glad you got a good vibe from the special ed teacher!  Yikes @short+sassy glad they’re okay.  And smart to take the mental health day @levioosa

Remember the cousin I’m not superclose with having a DW next Labor Day weekend?  My aunt (my father’s sister) and my mom were chatting last night and my mom casually said “we’ll be there...not sure about the kids (my siblings and me) but who knows” and my aunt said “oh no...we were counting on all the <my maiden name>’s coming you guys were some of the best gift givers at <her son>’s wedding”. Ew ew ew  :s
  • eileenrob said:
    Those meetings are always a lot to process @mrsconn23 (my son was in Early Intervention at two months old), but I’m glad you got a good vibe from the special ed teacher!  Yikes @short+sassy glad they’re okay.  And smart to take the mental health day @levioosa

Remember the cousin I’m not superclose with having a DW next Labor Day weekend?  My aunt (my father’s sister) and my mom were chatting last night and my mom casually said “we’ll be there...not sure about the kids (my siblings and me) but who knows” and my aunt said “oh no...we were counting on all the <my maiden name>’s coming you guys were some of the best gift givers at <her son>’s wedding”. Ew ew ew  :s

If my sister had said that to me about my hypothetical adult child, I would have responded in my best "well, bless her heart" tone, "Oh!  Well then Cousin shouldn't have had a DW if she wanted everyone to come."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Busy day at work but we get out early tomorrow because of Columbus Day, and have Monday off. And today is “dress down” day because it’s the start of hockey season and we get dress down days to wear Sabre’s clothes (it’s nice being a corporate sponsor for the Bills & the Sabres). 

Not much tonight. Grilling steaks and watching football. Probably some BCBC. Other than that, we’re pretty boring. 
  • Tomorrow I take a day "off" and go with Dad to the doctor.   I promised I won't look if he has to take off his clothes but I want to hear what the doc has to say from the doc's mouth vs. my parents' interpretation.