Wedding Woes

Thursday?

What's up?  We finally got fall weather.  w00t w00t. 

My mom called last night and asked to have dinner with us on Saturday.  She's working, so I'm cooking.   I'm trying to figure out what to make.  We're having spaghetti tonight and chili with FIL and DH's uncle on Sunday when they come get the dog.  Maybe I'll make a soup or a casserole...but y'all have any good fall recipe ideas, throw them at me.  

SIL/BFF is going to come to town next Friday to see her grandma and will probably stop by the hospital with my nephews.  DH also is taking the day off and will come up for lunch with DefConn (and maybe the kiddo).  All of that is helping my stress levels about it all.  :) 

Prudie is coming up.  :D 

Re: Thursday?

• We're finally getting some fall weather tomorrow. It's still in the high 70s today. 

Hmm. Fall dishes. My dad makes a really good stuffed meatloaf, with spinach, mushroom and ricotta. Or maybe I'd do a pasta dish. 

I just bought H a midweek season skiing pass for VT. It's the only idea I could come up with for a Christmas present, and the price goes up after next week. So, that's bought and paid for. Hopefully he's happy! 
  • Happy Thursday!

It's Chiquita's school picture day and with the temps at 70 when I woke up at 6:30 that meant no long sleeved dress and boots for that kiddo.   She looks totally cute and I hope the $38 package is worth it.  DH hates to spend money on school photos when you get no other options but he can suck it.  I want to have the photo and want our parents and family members to get one too.

Friday is a fall fest at DD's school and Saturday is my 20th HS reunion.   It's at a brew place featuring great beer and fantastic pizza and salad and I don't have a freaking clue on what to wear.  I keep planning outfits in my head of pants, jeans, or a dress and ankle boots and I feel like such a goober wanting to post, "What's everyone wearing" when I haven't seen many people in 2 decades.    This is almost worse than the first day of school impression!  

I had bloodwork done yesterday in advance of my next physical.   Hopefully all things are still looking OK.   I have to remind myself that I only LOOK just like I did in HS. 

• I can't wait for Prudie....

• I have been "out of sorts" this week and will be so glad to see it gone.  At work and on personal projects, I feel like I have SO much to do, but am getting nowhere fast.  Just running on the proverbial treadmill without getting anything done.  I'm in this vicious cycle of being too unmotivated to do anything, pile guilt on myself for being lazy and not doing more, which just makes me feel more hopeless and unmotivated.

Logically, I know my life is especially great right now and there is nothing wrong.  I need to shake myself out of the funk.  I know my half-day Fri. and weekend will help with it, so I'm hanging on to that.  Sorry for the Debbie Downer post! I hope everyone else is in a better mood.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @mrsconn23 maybe a baked pasta dish?  If you want something autumnal- butternut squash sauce, sprinkled with some craisins for color?  I have a great butternut squash sauce recipe if you’re interested.
    Id probably go with a fun top, jeans and ankle boots @banana468..whatever you wear, enjoy! :)

It’s raining cats and dogs here but we’re also expecting fall temps (highs in the 50s) this weekend. SSDD over here.
  • I'm loving this weather!! 

DH and I love to do this pumpkin soup with "fancy" grilled cheese.  Fancy meaning good bread and cheese you actually have to cut.  https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/97432/velvety-pumpkin-soup-with-blue-cheese-and-bacon/?internalSource=hub recipe&referringContentType=Search

I've never actually made this, but it's sooooooo good to eat.

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/pumpkin-stuffed-with-everything-good-361169

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2018
    Fall meals, I love chicken pot pies, chili, lasagna's, you know, the boring basics! I love the crock during this season.
    @banana468, hope those pictures turn out great!
    @short+sassy, hope you get the pick me up you need.  Go out and do something fun this weekend. That may help?

Tonight we're going to go see Venom.  I haven't completely unpacked and got on scheudle again but this weekend plus work travel threw a curve ball at me.  Eating crappy foods, drinks and no workouts.  I gained 5 lbs in those days so I have to really stick to my ww the upcoming weeks to make up for it.   
    edit: oh, and i found out that my mom needs hernia repair surgery on Friday and will no longer be able to go to Calgary for the wedding.  My Dad can't get out of work engagements, and my nieces were not invited.  So it's just me, my sister, aunt and uncle.  I even told H to pull those days off, eat the $350 plane ticket and use the vacation days to go back home but he's still undecided. 

• I'm sorry you're feeling down S&S! 
  • When Fall rolls around I love a good beef stew in the crockpot.  Meatloaf is always a favorite too.

Weather at home is cold, dreary and raining.  I'm glad I'm here where it's sunny with a high of 80 today.  It's about 10 degrees cooler than usual here but perfect for me since there is little humidity.  

Last night I was able to meet up with a HS friend and her husband for dinner. It was fun to catch up with them.  
  • Fall weather is coming tomorrow and I am here for it. I just ordered some new flannel shirts and fleece. I’m basic af and I don’t care! 

My arms are so so sore I can barely life them so I’m taking that as the new program is working. 
  • It’s muggy and gross! The temps are supposed to get cooler in the next few days, I am really excited!

I have reached out to the NJ democrats 3x’s for volunteer efforts and no one is getting back to me. I just want to help so bad I wish they would check my inquiry.

I went a little crazy yesterday shopping for new clothes for our honeymoon cruise. What is it about vacation that makes you want to buy all new clothing?? Has anyone ever purchased anything from ASOS? I hate trusting those trufit profiles and I hope everything is true to size. 

• It’s muggy and gross! The temps are supposed to get cooler in the next few days, I am really excited!

I have reached out to the NJ democrats 3x’s for volunteer efforts and no one is getting back to me. I just want to help so bad I wish they would check my inquiry.

I went a little crazy yesterday shopping for new clothes for our honeymoon cruise. What is it about vacation that makes you want to buy all new clothing?? Has anyone ever purchased anything from ASOS? I hate trusting those trufit profiles and I hope everything is true to size. 

Have you tried contacting specific campaigns directly? They tend to be more responsive and have specific things they need done. You might get better results that way. 

Have you tried contacting specific campaigns directly? They tend to be more responsive and have specific things they need done. You might get better results that way. 
    That’s a great idea. I imagine that they are inundated with lots of requests. I’ll look into that. Thank you for the suggestion!
  • I know this is very first world problem of me, but I got notification that my 2020 cruise has already been canceled! I looked at same cruise - new date and our "inconvenience credit" will cover the cost of the price hike.....but I only booked Feb 15th since i had the 17th off of work and now I'm looking at 5 vacation days vs 4.  they're giving us till the 23rd to claim the credit but I don't know now.  It's a wash price wise and now doesn't fall on my day off!

• I know this is very first world problem of me, but I got notification that my 2020 cruise has already been canceled! I looked at same cruise - new date and our "inconvenience credit" will cover the cost of the price hike.....but I only booked Feb 15th since i had the 17th off of work and now I'm looking at 5 vacation days vs 4.  they're giving us till the 23rd to claim the credit but I don't know now.  It's a wash price wise and now doesn't fall on my day off!
    Ugh that’s frustrating! What cruise line? Also - I feel like the credit should be used whenever you want. 
    Ugh that’s frustrating! What cruise line? Also - I feel like the credit should be used whenever you want. 
    Celebrity. It did say I can use it if I book any other celebrity cruise, not the 5 day western Caribbean one we had, but only till the 23rd.  So now we have to decide same cruise different dates? different cruise going out the dates we want? no cruise at all and get our deposit back? what to do...what to do....

Oh no!  That sucks!  And I agree with @NBSquared2017.  That's super messed up they are giving you all so little time to use the inconvenience credit.  If it were me, I'd probably say f**k it.  Even just out of my annoyance.  And do something else with that same vacation time.  But I could also understand if this is a fairly specific cruise you all want to go on.  The bummer is taking one extra vacation day.  But the bright side is you get one extra cruise day for the same price as the cancelled one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @NBSquared2017 I ordered some ASOS clothing a few years ago back when I was a size zero. I’m pretty sure it ran super small and I had to exchange for what was their size 4/6. I think they have their measurements on the website, but I’m pretty sure they’re not the usual “true to size” kind.

That’s such a bummer @CharmedPam

Hugs @short+s@short+sassy"

@mrsconn23 cheesy potato soup, Guinness stout pie with a blue cheese crumble stuffed crust (not hard to make, btw), beef stew, butternut squash enchiladas, chicken pot pie. Man I love fall food. Lol. 

I am in a major funk and I can’t get out of it. I’m starting to think this feeling and this anxiety might need professional intervention and that doesn’t make me too happy either. I’m just really tired of feeling burnt out and defeated. The realization that it’s affecting my relationship is really what made me think about seeing a therapist. But I know where I live isn’t going to have particularly helpful ones. I defffffiniteeely can’t go to my free school therapists because they’ll just tell me to pray and trust Jesus. I’m just really really tired. But I got some great kitten snuggles last night and I finally was able to watching Killing Eve (it was fantastic). I’m trying to keep things in perspective. 

• aww that sounds super cute, @shessocold.  Glad everything went well!

• @ShesSoCold, So cute!!!  That sweet, mopey bulldog face.  It's possible she wasn't so much feeling upset as she was feeling a little unsure of herself from feeling stoned and not knowing why.  I hope that's the case.

The first time we evacuated for a storm with our cat, we gave her a pill from the vet to mellow her out.  Being in a car super stresses her out.  We gave her the pill about 20 minutes before our planned departure time, so it would kick-in by the time we were loading up the car.  But at the 20-minute mark, goddamnit!!!, we couldn't find her anywhere.  She wouldn't come when called or when we shook her food around.  All of this was highly unusual behavior.  We started looking through any nook and cranny in the house.  We finally found her, under our bed.  Somewhere she never went before or since.  We learned our lesson!  For future evacuations, we keep our eye on her the whole time after giving her the pill, so she doesn't go hiding somewhere and we can't find her. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker