Wedding Woes

What's up Wednesday!

I took off Monday and Tuesday and did the really glamorous thing of cleaning my home.   There's SO MUCH vacuuming and laundry it's insane.

Friday night I took my newest witch to the local fall fest.  I think the resemblance is pretty uncanny.

Image may contain 1 person smiling standing and indoor

Re: What's up Wednesday!

• She is so cute, Banana!!!

SSDD for me. 9 years ago today we got the Edna, so that's fun. Maybe we'll take her for a walk for her adoptaversary. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • So cute! 

Midterm today. Today will be awful. That is all. 

• @banana468 she's so cute!!! Love that costume!!

@6fsn I hope work calms down for you! Have fun at your brother's award ceremony!

@levioosa good luck on your midterm!

SSDD for me today. Getting stuff done. Counting down to 4pm Friday when I leave the office for our 1-week staycation for our anniversary next week. 
  • Banana - she is spot on!  I love it.  

I just came here to say that the pop up ad at the top of TK is giving all kinds of rage.  Again.

• She's so cute, Banana!! 

6, I am jealous of your weekend.  I hope it's a ton of fun. 

Day 3 of fall break and it's going all right.  It was nice to see DH's cousin and her BF last night.  I'm tired today.  

We thought we were going to visit some friends next weekend, but it's becoming more of a logistical issue than I thought and I'm honestly not up to trying to sort it out.  Plus, DH has an audit coming up soon...so we may scuttle plans and I'll just enjoy a 3 day weekend at home before the kids go back to school after break. 
  • @banana468, She is so cute!  That resemblance is uncanny.

@6fsn and @sparklepants41, yay to upcoming vacations!

@levioosa, good luck on your midterm!

Did 11 mystery shops on my special project last night and will do at least that many, probably more, today.  I was a little extra excited because my car was on fumes, due to all the running around over the weekend.  So I picked up a couple gas stations and filled up my tank for free.  Woo-hoo!

Today at work, I spent the morning cleaning out/filing my scan folder and another folder where I temporarily park files that I'm going to be e-mailing out.  Apparently, "temporary" is a relative term, lol.  I had files in there from Jan. of this year.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @banana468 she is a dead on ringer for sure! So cute! Not much here today. Had a massage to get the travel knots out. Shoulders feel much better. Headed out to dinner and a play tonight with girl friends. I'm not really ready for this colder weather.
  • I ran out at lunch to look for a warm hoodie/sweatshirt. Weather is in the 50’s this week and I have Boo the zoo Friday and Pumpkin patch Saturday and no warm clothes that are fitting over my ever expanding prego belly (besides a maternity pea coat, but no warm layers)

@banana468 so cute! It is my dream that my daughter will like Harry Potter even half as much as me when she gets older (she’s two now)

Ro041 funny story. It was nagging at me that the one bride in the pop up ad looked super familiar and it hit me. She looks like someone I went to High School with. I looked her up on Facebook and sure enough she recently got married and shared some stuff about getting the opportunity to go to Iceland to film that ad.

• @Jstump2 whoaaaa that is so weird.  What's also weird is that almost as soon as I posted my comment, that ad disappeared and everything went back to normal. 

• I just loathe this time of year.  IDK, I love fall weather and atmosphere, but I also hate the shortening days, being inside and not seeing sun, and just blah.  My headspace is weird and i'm feeling super out of sorts and control.  I just want it to be Saturday morning already, b/c then my obligations are finished and I can start concentrating on just me.  I'm not sure if it'll be a good or bad pivot, but it's a necessary one.

Work is SSDD.  I keep reminding myself that I like my career and what I do.  And I like this office, really.  I'm just in a funk about everything and that's okay.  Blerg.
  • Jstump2 said:

Ro041 funny story. It was nagging at me that the one bride in the pop up ad looked super familiar and it hit me. She looks like someone I went to High School with. I looked her up on Facebook and sure enough she recently got married and shared some stuff about getting the opportunity to go to Iceland to film that ad.

Wow!  That's crazy!

I had something weird like that happen to me.  It's been awhile, but I kept seeing a commercial for an upcoming episode of Toddlers and Tiaras and one of the moms looked JUST like the grown up version of someone I went to jr. high with.  I made a point to watch that particular episode and, sure enough, it was her!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @banana468, I never even seen the series and I know who she is! LOL
    Happy adoptaversary, Edna!
    Ro,I mentioned that damn ad the other day!

So busy at work, just popping on before my next appt.  Tomorrow is vaca and I'm really looking forward to it! Half a day left. Yesterday H and I saw A star is born.  It's sad but good.  Mad props to Lady Gaga.

• @banana468, I never even seen the series and I know who she is! LOL
    Happy adoptaversary, Edna!
    Ro,I mentioned that damn ad the other day!

So busy at work, just popping on before my next appt.  Tomorrow is vaca and I'm really looking forward to it! Half a day left. Yesterday H and I saw A star is born.  It's sad but good.  Mad props to Lady Gaga.

I know the type of ad you all are referring to.  But it's been a good year or two since I've seen one like that on here.  I'll hope it continues like that.  I remember how super annoying it was and that it really screwed with my scrolling.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Fun!  I got to witness Karma, in action, during my lunchtime, lol.

I was stopped at a light, to make a right turn.  But this is a busy street and I didn't have the opportunity to turn earlier, so I had to wait for the green.  I start to make my right hand turn when the jerk turning left guns his car and almost hits me so he can make "his" left turn first, smh.  There are normally two lanes, but one of them is closed for construction.  Whatever.  I slam on my brakes and wait until he is done.

Except now Mr. Aggressive Driver, suddenly turns into my grandma and is driving way slower than I would have been.  And I'm stuck behind his slow-a** for many blocks.  We're coming up to a light that's turning yellow.  And I'm annoyed all over again because there is no way we would have missed the green if he was just going the speed limit.

Oh, but no.  Apparently it is only me who is going to miss the light.  Mr. Aggressive is feeling his oats again and just barrels on through that blatantly red light.  It was red before he even entered the intersection.  That is how bad it was.

But what Mr. Aggressive either forgot or "didn't realize/notice sign" is that this particular light is a camera light.  Blink!  Blink!  Go the cameras.  And he just got a $135 ticket for being such a reckless and dangerous driver.  Hah!  Huh-ha.  Huh-ha. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love it when karma hits right away @short+sassy.  It's the absolute best.  

• She’s adorable @banana468!  Ahh that’s so gratifying @short+sassy, seeing karma in action.  Those cameras are EVERYwhere by me, our city speed limit is 25mph (15-20mph near schools) and it’s really enforced.  You can always tell a driver not from the area, aggressively honking, cutting people off, flipping the bird and then the huge paparazzi flash goes off on him (sometimes her but usually him). 

Work has been pretty busy.  College deadlines, getting to know freshman, my spirit week activities benefitting Team Brooki are tomorrow and Friday.  
  • Fun!  I got to witness Karma, in action, during my lunchtime, lol.

I was stopped at a light, to make a right turn.  But this is a busy street and I didn't have the opportunity to turn earlier, so I had to wait for the green.  I start to make my right hand turn when the jerk turning left guns his car and almost hits me so he can make "his" left turn first, smh.  There are normally two lanes, but one of them is closed for construction.  Whatever.  I slam on my brakes and wait until he is done.

Except now Mr. Aggressive Driver, suddenly turns into my grandma and is driving way slower than I would have been.  And I'm stuck behind his slow-a** for many blocks.  We're coming up to a light that's turning yellow.  And I'm annoyed all over again because there is no way we would have missed the green if he was just going the speed limit.

Oh, but no.  Apparently it is only me who is going to miss the light.  Mr. Aggressive is feeling his oats again and just barrels on through that blatantly red light.  It was red before he even entered the intersection.  That is how bad it was.

But what Mr. Aggressive either forgot or "didn't realize/notice sign" is that this particular light is a camera light.  Blink!  Blink!  Go the cameras.  And he just got a $135 ticket for being such a reckless and dangerous driver.  Hah!  Huh-ha.  Huh-ha. 

Ugh.   Red light cameras can suck it.   I just came home Monday to a ticket from when I was in LI three weeks ago.   Evidently you can't make a right on red there.    Ohhhh fud geh.
  • We used to have a ton of red light cameras around here and I think they took them all down. I can't think of any intersections that still have them (we do still have them in construction zones though - those pictures are shockingly clear!). They only lasted like a year or two here. Now I'm wondering why. 

I better win this lottery on Friday because I'm starting to worry that lottery or not, I'm going to be quitting this job in a fit of something. I'm hoping it will be a fit of joy and not a fit of rage. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • banana468 said:

Fun!  I got to witness Karma, in action, during my lunchtime, lol.

Ugh.   Red light cameras can suck it.   I just came home Monday to a ticket from when I was in LI three weeks ago.   Evidently you can't make a right on red there.    Ohhhh fud geh.
    You must’ve gotten really unlucky, you can make a right on red in Long Island something like 90% of the time.  You can’t in Queens, and when I’m in LI hanging at the red the drivers behind me really let me know it  :p
  • banana468 said:

Totally agree.  Overall, I think they are ridiculous and awful.  They're mostly just a money grab by cities for stuff that is NBD and doesn't matter in the slightest for traffic safety.  Like safely making a right on red.  Or driving 5MPH over the speed limit, as long as a driver isn't right on someone's bumper.  How do you think I know those tickets cost $135, lol?

Maybe even squeaking through a yellow.  But running a full-on red light?  That deserves a ticket and I'm happy to see people get them, in those circumstances.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dreary day outside.

Tonight after work I am going shoe shopping. First time in a very long time that I have money for this, and the pair of shoes I'm replacing is so decrepit that I'm looking forward to it. I have never felt that good about shopping before.
  • eileenrob said:
    banana468 said:

You must’ve gotten really unlucky, you can make a right on red in Long Island something like 90% of the time.  You can’t in Queens, and when I’m in LI hanging at the red the drivers behind me really let me know it  :p
    I was in Suffolk Cty about to get on a highway in a right turn only lane.    I need to research this because maybe I can appeal? 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2018
    So today marijuana was legalized (EDIT: in Canada!).  I was telling my boss today, as he brought that up, why don't we legalize it in the states?  That way we can tax it! And take away all the stupid red light cameras which were only put up to get money from us.  I mean this is win win for me.  I run red lights, but I don't smoke marijuana.  Of course states wont take away the cameras if they're getting money from legalized MJ....they'll keep both in place.  But it's a nice thought....

• banana468 said:
    eileenrob said:
    banana468 said:

I was in Suffolk Cty about to get on a highway in a right turn only lane.    I need to research this because maybe I can appeal? 
    In IL, it was pretty easy to fight and win, from what I heard from people when we had them. The cameras would take pics as soon as the car went over the line, but most people come to their complete stop after the line. It was hard for the cameras to prove that the car didn't stop at all. 

Might be worth it! 
  • Today has been the most aggravating day that I feel like that meme where the guy just throws all the papers everyone and yells "f it"....but then he comes back and has to pick them up the next Monday.

• Ro041 said:
    Today has been the most aggravating day that I feel like that meme where the guy just throws all the papers everyone and yells "f it"....but then he comes back and has to pick them up the next Monday.
    I love that one!

My red light ticket was a video.  I couldn't fight it.  I mean I clearly did not stop.

• The red light cameras are a hassle; at the same time, lots of people will break the law if they think there's no one watching or they can get away with it.  When they put ours in, emergency room and injury related accidents dropped, significantly.  When the cameras came down, they went back to pre-camera levels.

My issue is that they were could be used in other ways rather than just "who ran the red light?" and I wasn't comfortable with the lack of restrictions on their time/usage.
  • @banana468 I’d appeal.  
    Im on the fence about red light cameras in general (by me there wasn’t really a running-red-light issue) but I do like the speed ones.