Wedding Woes

Monday

What's up? Beside my kids since 5 am. Stupid time change.

How was the week? How's the week looking?

Even though the soccer tournament was cancelled we were still busy.  Friday night movie night. Saturday birthday party and DH FINALLY cleaned out his closet and drawers.  I am going to choose not to be annoyed at the garbage bags of clothes in the front room.  He has SO MANY hangers and for whatever reason never takes them back in with his uniforms.  I'll donate them to the high school drama people this week.

Sunday was church and DH and 6let went to the Crew game FOR THE WIN!! I took the littles to COSI.  We actually put down a deposit on our Disney trip.  ugh.

The next 2 weeks are extra heavy soccer for 6let- practice Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-8:30; keeper training Wednesday and Friday; scrimmages this weekend.

I need to deal with some shenanigans for the tournament and try to nail down a team dinner.  Anyone familiar with Bethesda, Maryland?

Anyone do stitch fix or something similar?  I thought that might be an idea for me for Christmas.  I want clothes, but I know my loved ones will go to Kohl's and get the same old same old.  I want to try some new styles.

Re: Monday

• My sisters do stitchfix, as do a bunch of my mom friend people.  It can be a mixed bag.  Some people love everything they get, and others definitely have a more hit and miss experience. 
  • edited November 2018
    Busy, busy weekend. Friday my Mom and I had dinner saw Fiddler on the Roof. The show was amazing, probably the best of the season we’ve seen yet. So we had a really good time. 

Saturday I had an early morning football game. Then ran home to get ready for a wedding. H was a groomsman so he was gone all day. The wedding had a stupid 2 hour gap so I went and bought new shoes and made it home to let the dog out. 

The wedding was nice enough. The place was beautiful but there were way too many people for the space and it was super uncomfortable. And the layout was weird (two different rooms and arches in the doorways so it was weird to move around in). The groom (who H has been friends with for probably 20 years) was disappointed people weren’t all hanging out together because everyone was spread out. I felt bad for him. 

Yesterday we did nothing besides eat food and watch football. 
  • How fun Charlotte.  I did Fiddler twice in HS (I moved between 9th and 10th grade...and it was the musical at both schools those years), but I've never seen it on stage.  I'd love to though.  ;) 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    How fun Charlotte.  I did Fiddler twice in HS (I moved between 9th and 10th grade...and it was the musical at both schools those years), but I've never seen it on stage.  I'd love to though.  ;) 
    This was the first time I’d see it on stage by professionals. I had seen high school productions but never a national tour. It was fantastic! The guy who played Tevya was amazing. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    ((hugs)) @sparklepants41

Thank you. How are you and your family holding up? 
  • hugs sparklepants
  • mrsconn23 said:
    ((hugs)) @sparklepants41

Thank you. How are you and your family holding up? 
    Hanging in there.  Trying to not feel crazed and failing.  ;)  Just ready to get down there, especially to check on mom and give my grandpa all the hugs. 
  • Good morning, ladies!! Thanks for all the good vibes and well wishes on Friday!

H was released yesterday. The infection had spread almost up to his knee (started on his ankle) and they kept him 2 days to ensure it went down. No blood infection or anything scary, but the ER doctor sounded like it easily could have been if he'd have waited another day to come in. His ankle is still swollen and a little red but is MUCH better. 

Hugs to you, mrs.conn and sparklepants. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Wow SSC.  I'm glad they got him taken care of, but how freaking scary.   Is he feeling better or still pretty sore?  I assume he's on a course of antibiotics.  
  • Hugs @sparklepants41 and @mrsconn23

Weekend was okay. I spent yesterday feeling off
    for some reason. We binge watched the Haunting of Hill House and it was really good. Squish is getting neutered today. Poor guy doesn’t know what’s about to hit him. I have clinic all day which is making me feel tired already. Last night I filled out our ballots so we can just drop them off tomorrow. I’m so nervous about this election. 

I’m glad your H is doing better @ShesSoCold

• SSC - wow I missed that he went to the hospital. Glad he was released. Do they know why it was caused - like something wrong with the tattoo? 

Mrsconn - that sounds like a whirlwind for sure. i love that you were in the elevator with Aziz though he's so funny

Sparklepants - I hope your dad improves soon, that sounds nerve wreaking for sure combined with the MS. I love that babypants woke up singing row row row your boat - that is adorable! 
  • Not much for me this weekend. Randomness on Saturday and then Sunday went to see my parents and siblings. B had fun running around with my niece which is always cute. I try to stay away when we are down there so he will play with others and not just cling to me. Whenever my niece does a cartwheel he tries to mimic which is hilarious - he just leans his body to the side and then falls down and thinks he is doing it 
  • kvruns said:

Sparklepants - I hope your dad improves soon, that sounds nerve wreaking for sure combined with the MS. I love that babypants woke up singing row row row your boat - that is adorable! 
    You're welcome to stay with us next weekend and get up early with her! :D

@S@ShesSoCold I'm so glad your H's infection is doing much better! I'm so glad you guys caught it when you did!!!!
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2018
    @ssc, wow! that is scary.  I didn't read what happened to H, but I'll go back and look at posts. Glad hes OK!
    @sparklepants41 T&P's for a speedy recovery for Dad.
    @mrsconn23, absolutely LOVE that tat!

It was a whirlwind past few days for myself.  On Tuesday we found out fil passed away that afternoon, I left work at 4:30 and we drove straight through to NY to make the funeral home appointment that H wanted to be at.  The wake/service was nice. He was 2 months shy of 92 years so he had alot of people near and far come to pay their respects.  Lots of great memories and stories.  H and I left Sunday first thing and made it home last night.

I can't wait for the elections to be over.  My recycling bin will thank me. 
    edit: words

• @ssc, wow! that is scary.  I didn't read what happened to H, but I'll go back and look at posts. Glad hes OK!

It was a whirlwind past few days for myself.  On Tuesday we found out fil passed away that afternoon, I left work at 4:30 and we drove straight through to NY to make the funeral home appointment that H wanted to be at.  The wake/service was nice. He was 2 months shy of 92 years so he had alot of people near and far come to pay their respects.  Lots of great memories and stories.  H and I left Sunday first thing and made it home last night.

Ditto. I’ll vote. Promise. I feel hounded and harassed at this point. 
  • @ssc, wow! that is scary.  I didn't read what happened to H, but I'll go back and look at posts. Glad hes OK!

Yes!!!!!!  I had 4 people ring my door bell this weekend. GO AWAY
  • Love the tattoo especially the birth order coloring @mrsconn23...sending healing vibes to you and also to your father/family @sparklepants41. And glad your H is on the mend @ShesSoCold.
    @sparklepants41 as an aside awwww in advance of babypant’s school picture!  Those are adorable wheh they’re this young!

My sister rocked the marathon yesterday.  Other sister and I ended up walking 8 miles across the city to get back to our train station bc there were no cabs or busses and the subway was messed up bc of the marathon, so we were joking that we wanted medals too, lol.  A few weeks ago a chef on my favorite cooking show made a spaghetti squash pizza crust and I tried it Friday night- it was amazing!  That’s all I got.

with flyers, it's like.....waste of paper IMO...everything is electronic these days.  I watch vids of my candidates tyvm

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2018

with flyers, it's like.....waste of paper IMO...everything is electronic these days.  I watch vids of my candidates tyvm
    I'm so done with the fliers.  Also, I got one from the republican party of our state shaming my voting record because I missed ONE ELECTION due to moving in Oct and didn't get updated/registered in time to vote at my new location. 

And I got a really offensive anti-abortion flier that was all, "OMG YOUR CHILDREN ARE AT RISK!"  First of all, that doesn't make fucking sense and secondly, it was filled with a bunch of uneducated bullshit...that should even be offensive to people that are 'pro-life (birth)'.  
  • 6fsn said:
    @ssc, wow! that is scary.  I didn't read what happened to H, but I'll go back and look at posts. Glad hes OK!

I'm starting to wonder if all the activity is going to have a negative effect. I went canvassing a couple of weeks ago, still pretty early in the cycle. There was a man who answered the door upset at all the campaigning who said if he got another call/visitor, he was going to vote for the other guy out of spite. 

I really believe in some of the local people running in my area and I want other people to have all the information, but I think people are fatigued by information overload and attack ads. 
  • 6fsn said:

I'm starting to wonder if all the activity is going to have a negative effect. I went canvassing a couple of weeks ago, still pretty early in the cycle. There was a man who answered the door upset at all the campaigning who said if he got another call/visitor, he was going to vote for the other guy out of spite. 

I really believe in some of the local people running in my area and I want other people to have all the information, but I think people are fatigued by information overload and attack ads. 
    I don’t know the answer but people are definitely fatigued. I’ve already voted and someone ringing my doorbell just feels very intrusive. 
  • I’m also fed up with all the emails. Emily’s List has sent me 16 emails since Friday. 16?!! That’s ridiculous, and they’re not duplicates, they’re actually different emails. 
  • Also I’m hungry and since we were hungover yesterday we didn’t go grocery shopping so I have to go out for lunch today and it’s too early to go. 
  • I can't seem to find thursday's thread, but I think I'm all caught up.  @mrsconn23, I too am sorry for your loss :(

Do people campaign during work hours?  I don't think anyone ever rang our doorbell.  I'll ask H, he's usually home during the day.