Wedding Woes

Monday

2»

Re: Monday

• @mrsconn23, I'm sorry about your grandma.  I read on Friday's thread that she had passed.  T's and P's to you and your family.  Glad your mom safely made it to TX without any problems.  Great tattoo!

@sparklepants41, I'm so sorry to hear your dad is doing worse.  Now that he is at the rehab facility, I hope he will be able to regain at least some of the ground he lost.

@ShesSoCold, Phew!  I'm so glad to hear your H is doing a lot better.  Infections can become so dangerous, so fast.  Even for healthy people.  I was worried about you all and happy to see the positive update.

@CharmedPam, I'm sorry to hear about your FIL.  I remember things hadn't been looking well for him.  My condolences to you and your H.  Wakes/services can be comforting when people are both laughing and crying, sharing wonderful memories and stories.

I finally got my flu shot over the weekend.  I'd been putting that off because I've been so extra busy the last few weeks.  I did a lot of catching up on the DVR and lounging around, which is exactly what I planned.  I really needed the rest and relaxation.  It was great!

Though now it is Monday.  The end of the month was last week.  So I have a lot of extra work to do at my job, but I don't wanna.  We gained an hour, right?  Because I'm sure not feeling it, lol.    

Thanks, @short+sassy, we didn't have plans for our 2 year anniversary but apparently dad wanted us to be there yet again for it.  We were going to stop by the venue that day to walk around and maybe take a quick lunch, but time escaped us, obviously.  

• @CharmedPam I'm sorry to hear of your FIL's passing. Sending you and your H hugs and good vibes. 
  • I'm so sorry for your loss, @CharmedPam<3 
  • I’m sorry charmedpam
  • I’m sorry for your loss @CharmedPam! Thinking of you guys. 
  • Sorry about your FIL @CharmedPam

I’ve never received a call or someone at my door but the amount of mail is dizzying.
  • I can't seem to find thursday's thread, but I think I'm all caught up.  @mrsconn23, I too am sorry for your loss :(

Do people campaign during work hours?  I don't think anyone ever rang our doorbell.  I'll ask H, he's usually home during the day.

I'm not sure I've ever had people campaign at my door.  Though, if it is during work hours, I wouldn't be home anyway.

I do usually get a lot of flyers put in my mailbox and political robo-calls, though I think those calls are only on landlines.  I don't get them on my cellphone and haven't had a home landline in many years.  But I'll get them on my work landline.

With all that said, I've had few flyers and no political robo-calls for this election.

FTR, it irks me that charities (which include the political calls) are an "exception" to the Do Not Call List.  They are just as time wasting and unnecessarily intrusive as telemarketers.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I’m sorry for your loss @CharmedPam

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2018
    Feeling irritated. I worked on a tax return and no matter how many times I turn it in, I keep getting told that something I wasn't previously made aware of is wrong and told to change it. My boss is starting to make me feel like I can never satisfy her no matter how hard I try,

I also have an editing client who is a good story crafter but a terrible writer who fell so much in love with a concept that she keeps claiming her treatment is "unique" when it literally comes out of the Bible and has been dealt with umpteen times by contemporary writers. She also keeps tellimg me that I "misunderstood" it and wants to "explain" it to me (I already get it because her text, albeit poorly written in other respects, does explain it well (and she's very long-winded). She claims that "everyone" tells her how "great" and "unique" her concept is, and I have the feeling that "everyone" just means her family and close friends.

Sigh. I hate Mondays.
  • kvruns said:

Sparklepants - I hope your dad improves soon, that sounds nerve wreaking for sure combined with the MS. I love that babypants woke up singing row row row your boat - that is adorable! 
    You're welcome to stay with us next weekend and get up early with her! :D

LOL At my parents' yesterday B woke up from his nap going "choo choo! choo choo!" like a train. We were all dying listening to it like why the heck did you wake up and start making train sounds
  • mrsconn23 said:

I'm so done with the fliers.  Also, I got one from the republican party of our state shaming my voting record because I missed ONE ELECTION due to moving in Oct and didn't get updated/registered in time to vote at my new location. 

My parents got that too, except it says their name "or current resident". And they've never missed an election so i don't think it was legit anyway
  • Pam - Sorry for your loss.

Sparkle - I hope your dad begins to improve, since he is at a good rehab place and can start to work on his muscles again.  That story about BabySparkle is so adorable.  I always tell H wait until we can here "Mom, Dad, I'm awake" coming from the other side of the hall!  As it stands now, DD just kind of talks to herself in jibberish, when she wakes up before us.

MrsConn - Safe travels to you.  The tattoo is beautiful in meanings and looks great too!

SSC - Such good news for Hs foot!

Our weekend was crazy.  Saturday, I met friends for brunch.  Cannoli stuffed French toast.  That's all I have to say about that!  We did a few things around the house and then church.  DD finally made it through the whole mass outside of the children's room!  She did say Elmo REALLY loud when I pulled out the Elmo rattle - whoops!  We at least got lots of laughs from our section, instead of dirty looks!  We then went to dinner afterwards.

Sunday was my morning with DD, but H ended up getting up too.  He suggested bowling (he loves it, but we don't go very often), lots of the local bowling alleys have discounts on Sunday morning.  So we made breakfast and then headed out.  We let DD bowl this time and it was so cute!  She had a blast!  But 1 game was her limit, so we played the 2nd game by ourselves.  We then ran a few errands, but skipped some too because DD was ready for a nap!  H also picked up a play kitchen off Craigslist - it will be DDs present from Santa this year.  $30 and it came with a full set of mini appliances (pretty much everyone imaginable!), pots/pans, and utensils.  All I need to buy is some fake food!

Today, H is working late.  So its just me and DD.  I'm going to pick us up some pizza for dinner before I grab her from daycare.  It's raining and gross out, so I just want to get home as quick as possible and stay inside!

• I sat around all day Saturday.  It wasn't particularly healthy, but it's exactly how much energy I had, so that's what I did.

Sunday, I clean the apartment, did the laundry, and did some batch cooking.  And I made the browned butter brownies, which are so yummy.  K was very happy.  

They've put my dad in the hospital.  I'm trying not to be mad at him.  He's been diabetic since he was in his 30s.  He's 82 now.  His neuropathy has been bad for years.  Apparently he ripped something off of one of his toes and didn't tell anyone.  He just chose to not walk on it for 2 days.  My mother happened to see it and took him to Urgent Care.  They gave him antibiotics and sent him to his doctor (all last week).  Doc said to come back in today for followup.  It hadn't gotten worse, but it also hadn't gotten better, so they're checking him in for another antiobiotic by IV and an xray.  I just want to yell at him that he's a diabetic and he freaking knows better.  But, realistically, he doesn't, for whatever reason.  So, keeping in touch with mom right now.
  • Pam - Sorry for your loss.

Sparkle - I hope your dad begins to improve, since he is at a good rehab place and can start to work on his muscles again.  That story about BabySparkle is so adorable.  I always tell H wait until we can here "Mom, Dad, I'm awake" coming from the other side of the hall!  As it stands now, DD just kind of talks to herself in jibberish, when she wakes up before us.

MrsConn - Safe travels to you.  The tattoo is beautiful in meanings and looks great too!

SSC - Such good news for Hs foot!

Our weekend was crazy.  Saturday, I met friends for brunch.  Cannoli stuffed French toast.  That's all I have to say about that!  We did a few things around the house and then church.  DD finally made it through the whole mass outside of the children's room!  She did say Elmo REALLY loud when I pulled out the Elmo rattle - whoops!  We at least got lots of laughs from our section, instead of dirty looks!  We then went to dinner afterwards.

Sunday was my morning with DD, but H ended up getting up too.  He suggested bowling (he loves it, but we don't go very often), lots of the local bowling alleys have discounts on Sunday morning.  So we made breakfast and then headed out.  We let DD bowl this time and it was so cute!  She had a blast!  But 1 game was her limit, so we played the 2nd game by ourselves.  We then ran a few errands, but skipped some too because DD was ready for a nap!  H also picked up a play kitchen off Craigslist - it will be DDs present from Santa this year.  $30 and it came with a full set of mini appliances (pretty much everyone imaginable!), pots/pans, and utensils.  All I need to buy is some fake food!

Today, H is working late.  So its just me and DD.  I'm going to pick us up some pizza for dinner before I grab her from daycare.  It's raining and gross out, so I just want to get home as quick as possible and stay inside!

Sounds better than my own real kitchen, lol.

Speaking of.  We got a Bed-Bath-Beyond leaflet that had an Instant Pot on the front.  The conversation:

H:  Oh, I've been meaning to tell you.  I want an Instant Pot.

Me (already forgotten why he wants one, lol):  Okay, have you researched them (pretty sure he hasn't)?  Which one do you want?

H:  That one looks good (pointing again to the BBB leaflet).  Aren't there only like 1-2 to choose from?

Me (smh):  No, like any small kitchen appliance, I'm sure there are tons of brands/features/price points to choose from.  That one is $129.  Which is fine if you think that is the best one for what you need.  But there are probably $40-$50 ones that might do what you need also and are reliable.  (Totally assuming on all of that, I've never shopped for an Instant Pot, but seemed like a good educated guess).

H (looking like a deer in headlights):  Oh!  I didn't realize there were a lot to choose from (verifies what I just said with a quick glance at Amazon).  Okay.  I'll do some research.

Me:  Okay.

He is the "electronics, tools, construction items" shopper in the family.  I am the "everything else" shopper in the family.  I know it is amusing for him when I wander into his territory.  And vice versa, lol.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ((hugs)) @VarunaTT<3   
  • It must be the week for illness.  Last week my uncle was having problems urinating.  He went to the VA and they gave him a catheter and said they'd have a urologist follow up. The urologist scheduled and appointment for NOVEMBER 27!!  He was just supposed to walk around for 3 weeks like that?

This weekend he was having major problems and went to the ED where he was admitted.  I'm getting this through my dad (who is NOTORIOUS for not really listening while saying nobody tells him things).  Uncle has a congestive heart failure and other issues so they have him on high dose antibiotics and oxygen.  They still don't know what's causing the urination issue.  There was some sort of story about my uncle eventually peeing all over the room, but my dad couldn't remember details.

Completely unrelated-WHY IS MY THINGY UP THERE A PREGNANT LADY? I'm not pregnant people.

• 6fsn said:

It must be the week for illness.  Last week my uncle was having problems urinating.  He went to the VA and they gave him a catheter and said they'd have a urologist follow up. The urologist scheduled and appointment for NOVEMBER 27!!  He was just supposed to walk around for 3 weeks like that?

This weekend he was having major problems and went to the ED where he was admitted.  I'm getting this through my dad (who is NOTORIOUS for not really listening while saying nobody tells him things).  Uncle has a congestive heart failure and other issues so they have him on high dose antibiotics and oxygen.  They still don't know what's causing the urination issue.  There was some sort of story about my uncle eventually peeing all over the room, but my dad couldn't remember details.

Completely unrelated-WHY IS MY THINGY UP THERE A PREGNANT LADY? I'm not pregnant people.

Maybe the Knot Gods know something you don't.
  • mrsmitten said:
    6fsn said:

It must be the week for illness.  Last week my uncle was having problems urinating.  He went to the VA and they gave him a catheter and said they'd have a urologist follow up. The urologist scheduled and appointment for NOVEMBER 27!!  He was just supposed to walk around for 3 weeks like that?

Maybe the Knot Gods know something you don't.
    Better not. I got my tubes tied almost 6 years ago. I’m too old for that shit 
  • Kimmi - Good luck to Mr Mitten - I know he is going to win!

Varuna - I hope your dad starts to respond to the new antibiotic and will not be in the hospital long.

S+S - I have an Instant Pot, my SIL gave it to me for Christmas last year.  It is a 6 Qt size.  People have been posting really good prices from Kohls, Target, and Amazon - at least half of that $129.  That one for $129 should be at least an 8 Qt!  That would also be gigantic for your two.  We have a 6 QT and its the perfect size for us.  Ninja also now makes an appliance that is both a pressure cooker and an air fryer all in one!  The Ninja Foodi, its called.  I am very intrigued by that one!  But I would never get it unless my air fryer and IP kick the bucket at the same time!

• mrsmitten said:
    Hugs @CharmedPam @mrsconn23, @sparklepants41 and @ShesSoCold - what rough weekends!

I assure you all - no one is more sick of canvassing than the candidates and their staffs LOL.  The good news is all this activity is because people are actually engaged for the first time!  In Michigan the midterm turnout is expected to meet the Presidential years!  But it's also supposed to rain and Democrats suck when it rains!

I'm a ball of nerves & emotion.  H just sent me a video taken at his school (he's  been on leave for two weeks) of a gym full of kids yelling "Good Luck Mr. Mitten..."  I'm not crying - you're crying.  And he's definitley crying!

The hate mail seems especially vicous this year too, but maybe that's because I know candidates.  There's a commercial and mailer accusing my husband of supporting sanctuary cities (complete with racist photos of MS13 Gangsters), reparations, and medicaid fraud.  Meanwhile, he's like, I'm running for a state seat and these are all federal issues that I have never talked about.  But that's what happens when you marry a squeeky clean guy, they literally cannot find anything to criticize him on.

I've been thinking about you and Mr. Mitten's race.  Rooting for you all from afar!  Good luck tomorrow!

I reviewed my sample ballot at lunch time.  At least there is a fun one!  Proposition: "Should fantasy sports contests be permitted in Orleans parish?"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good luck Mr. Mitten!! I’ve been think about you guys. Hoping you have a great day tomorrow. Let us know how it goes. When he wins is going to be able to keep teaching? 
  • Kimmi - Good luck to Mr Mitten - I know he is going to win!

Varuna - I hope your dad starts to respond to the new antibiotic and will not be in the hospital long.

S+S - I have an Instant Pot, my SIL gave it to me for Christmas last year.  It is a 6 Qt size.  People have been posting really good prices from Kohls, Target, and Amazon - at least half of that $129.  That one for $129 should be at least an 8 Qt!  That would also be gigantic for your two.  We have a 6 QT and its the perfect size for us.  Ninja also now makes an appliance that is both a pressure cooker and an air fryer all in one!  The Ninja Foodi, its called.  I am very intrigued by that one!  But I would never get it unless my air fryer and IP kick the bucket at the same time!

Thanks for that!  From the little research he did, my H thinks the 6 Qt would be perfect.  The BBB one was $129 for a 6 Qt.  I tend to find them always a little on the pricy side.  And then they bombard people with coupons to make it look like they're getting a deal (I guess), lol.

We already have one of the bigger, nicer air fryers that we bought last year around this time.

I figure as we start heading into Black Friday zone, there will probably be some great deals on them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @VarunaTT sending you & your dad good vibes.