Wedding Woes

Friday!

What's going on this weekend???

My MIL is coming Sunday and I'll be at the Bears game, so H and I have to clean tomorrow. We also need to finish the crawlspace cleanout we started and give the housebeast a bath. So basically lots of chores and a Bears game for me! My kind of weekend!

You remember how I hate the guy I'm assigned to at work? They are assigning me to another agent in another office also. So I'll still have to work for him, but I'll be in the other office twice a week. I expressed to the owner that he literally doesn't even look up phone numbers on his own and that kind of shit will have to stop. Boss was very receptive and said he'd talk to Guy, but Guy is a true salesman and will tell Boss exactly what he wants to hear and then nothing will change. I'm prepared to document things and go back to Boss in a month or two to show him how things haven't changed.

But at least it should be enough of a change to keep me from rage quitting in these next couple of months.
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Friday!

• yes, no rage quitting! (I love that term btw)

Nothing really exciting for me. Tonight we're going to see that Melissa McCarthy movie that has VERY limited release for some reason.  Tomorrow we had planned to head to Southern IL to hang out with the bro and my nephews but H's scheudle got changed, yet again, so he doesn't have Sat off anymore.  It's a long haul for me to go alone and for less than 24 hrs so we'll wait till he has another Sat off.  Just as well because I do have a TON of stuff to do around the house.  

• I got an early Xmas present from H last night, a Roomba! I am seriously excited. From the reviews I read it should work great for what I want. We have 2 cats and a dog so the fur gets out of control very quickly! We have a fairly open floor plan with wood floors which seems to be where the Roomba shines. If I can cut down on my vacuuming during the week and just do some on weekends I will be a happy girl!

My H works rotating 12 hour shifts and this is his working weekend so no big plans. My parents are coming up tomorrow for a visit and Dinner –and a grandbaby fix. I was just talking to my friend about how our parents act like addicts with spending time with the grandkids lol.  I would like to get out of the house at some point but weather is supposed to be cruddy so I’m not sure. I really should tackle the nursery closet and start getting things in order. This pregnancy has snuck up on me, I’m already in the third trimester.

• Oh, also? There's rumors that the Stones will be announcing a tour. Last time H and I planned to move, I spent the summer following the Stones all over the midwest instead. Now we're planning to move again and another tour is apparently happening. 

I think this is a sign from God that we shouldn't relocate. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Finally feeling I have a bit of energy after being sick most of the week.  Nothing planned for tonight, just stay home and chill.  Tomorrow we need to do a Sam's Club run.  It'll be a mad house because they have a one day sale thing happening.  Other than that, Church on Sunday and football.
  • @ShesSoCold, at least it's two days a week in another office!  Enjoy the Bears game.  Uh oh, I just looked up the game.  Looks like it's a fight between you and @mrsmitten's Lions.  I was going to wish your Bears luck, but now I don't want to take sides, lol.

I managed to arrange a weekend that is even more mellow than last weekend.  Which  is saying something, lol.  The only thing on the docket is a trip to Walmart, primarily for prescriptions, and a trip to the bank, assuming my tenant drops her rent check off today (she's usually reliable).  I even have a choice of doing those things this afternoon or tomorrow morning.  I'm not leaving the house on Sunday.  I have dubbed it "Football and Mimosa" day.  I hope to see my Saints win their 8th straight game in a row!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • speaking of sports....@ShesSoCold, did you see the new winter classic jersey's for the Hawks? I actually like them this year! Might want to get my hands on one....

• The snow has arrived in Buffalo. It’s the big fluffy, slushy snow and I’m here for it. Sure I’ll be annoyed in February when it’s still snowing but for now it’s pretty and I like it. 

H is going to camp for tonight/tomorrow and coming back in time to do dinner out with friends. My football team made the playoffs, so our first round game is at 9am! 

And I have Monday off. Yay for federal banking holidays. 
  • We have my brother's engagement party on Sunday. I just looked up the directions on Waze, and it will take over an hour to get there. BLEH. 
  • speaking of sports....@ShesSoCold, did you see the new winter classic jersey's for the Hawks? I actually like them this year! Might want to get my hands on one....
    I do like it!!!! I haven't liked the other ones either. H, my sister and I are going so maybe that'll be a good excuse to buy one! 

And yay roomba, Jstump! I've always wanted one!

S&S - I was going to say something cocky about how the Bears don't need luck but we surely do. We might be better than we've been, but we are still the Bears. LOL
  • I was just online flipping through recipes from an e-mail I was sent from Better Homes (not spam, I purposely get them).  A few of the recipes were talking about cooking a turkey or ham in a crockpot.  And seemed to be implying whole turkeys and half hams.  I'm side-eying the whole time and thinking, "Better Homes, have you MET my crockpot?, lol"

It's not the biggest that can be bought, but it's at least average-sized and it would defy the laws of physics to even remotely fit any part of a turkey, much less the whole thing.  It could probably fit a quarter ham or close to it, but only if it were already cut in slices and smaller pieces.  Maybe the ham we could work with.  My H insists we have one for Christmas, so I'll mention the crockpot idea.

Despite being a major meat eater, ham is one of my least favorites.  When it is served as its own entrée...like my H does at Christmas...I'll typically only have a little bit.  Though I do like the leftovers a lot better in sandwiches or cut up in cubes for a breakfast casserole type thing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Winn-Dixie (grocery store), smh.  They just added to my to-do list.  They sent me specials they have this week.  Every single one of them were items I buy fairly regularly.  Right down to the exact Chunky soup flavor that is my favorite.  What a bunch of creepers, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • short+sassy I used to work for a grocery store and I know for a fact the reason they have those loyalty store cards it to track what you buy. For general marketing and to target you specifically. We would send out coupons periodically for top items specific to customers. i would always get bananas and ice cream. Lol
  • I’m at work today. Not too much happening here otherwise. I hope everyone has a good weekend! 

• Jstump2 said:
    short+sassy I used to work for a grocery store and I know for a fact the reason they have those loyalty store cards it to track what you buy. For general marketing and to target you specifically. We would send out coupons periodically for top items specific to customers. i would always get bananas and ice cream. Lol

Oh, I know!  I'm not actually even creeped out.  Well, maybe a little at technology in general, lol.  But I did find it funny.  And even appreciated it!  "Why yes, Winn Dixie, Creamy Chicken and Dumplings IS my favorite Chunky soup.  Thanks for letting me know the Chunky's are BOGO this weekend, lol."

Actually, it is unusual.  I rarely get e-mails from Winn Dixie, but this was the second one I received this week.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jstump2 said:
    @ short+sassy I used to work for a grocery store and I know for a fact the reason they have those loyalty store cards it to track what you buy. For general marketing and to target you specifically. We would send out coupons periodically for top items specific to customers. i would always get bananas and ice cream. Lol

Oh, I know!  I'm not actually even creeped out.  Well, maybe a little at technology in general, lol.  But I did find it funny.  And even appreciated it!  "Why yes, Winn Dixie, Creamy Chicken and Dumplings IS my favorite Chunky soup.  Thanks for letting me know the Chunky's are BOGO this weekend, lol."

Actually, it is unusual.  I rarely get e-mails from Winn Dixie, but this was the second one I received this week.

Sam's Club sends these kind of emails as well.  Something like: "Isn't it Time You Stocked Up" and then listed the things we buy there on a regular basis.  The first time I got one, I was a little creeped out.  
  • We met Olive, the shelter dog last night.  She is so sweet and very good around DD.  We put in an application and can only keep our fingers crossed!  Someone got there literally right before us to meet Olive too.  We had to wait, just to meet her. I talked about my current dog Olive and how we adopted a dog from them before, so I'm hoping that gives us some sort of edge.

This weekend will be busy.  Tomorrow we need to go to the Amish mart for chicken cutlets for dinner with H's family on Sunday.  My brother's kids are also coming over to my house for a bit, probably just a few hours, but I will need to make them lunch and they are VERY picky!  We will also do church on Saturday.

Sunday, H has an appointment to give blood.  Then his family is coming over to celebrate his brother's birthday.  I baked his birthday cake last night.  I debated about freezing it, but ended up putting it in an air tight container instead.  Hopefully it will stay fresh! 

• I woke up to a flashlight in my face “the power ran out mom.”  Internet was out too and I had a conference call. After the bus max and I spent the morning at the library. I got lots of dirty looks but oh well. 

The grocery had 10% off gift cards so I dropped $1k there. 

Tonight nothing. 

Tomorrow 6let has his first futsal game. It’s going to be interesting since I don’t even really know the rules. Sunday church and a soccer game. 
  • TGIF!

I am toggling myself between production issues in our facilities and I'm counting the minutes until I get to leave for a haircut.

MIL got home on Sunday and if she's open to visitors, I told DD that we'd make apple pie.

Other than that we have our annual shindig in a week and we MUST start to do home and food prep so we aren't screaming at each other about how we each suck while we're counting down the minutes until guests arrive. 
  • 6fsn said:

Meijer? 
  • kvruns said:
    6fsn said:

Meijer? 
    Yep. They sell Disney and target gift cards. I do target for teacher gifts and we’re going to Disney in May. It’s better than gas points. Hopefully they do it again before I need to book flights
  • Our office has an ice cream maker and we do “Flavor Friday”. Today was chocolate with oreas
    amd even though I’m not a chocolate fan it was delicious. And we get out at 3 today. 
  • 6fsn said:
    kvruns said:
    6fsn said:

Meijer? 
    Yep. They sell Disney and target gift cards. I do target for teacher gifts and we’re going to Disney in May. It’s better than gas points. Hopefully they do it again before I need to book flights
    I think you can also get a discount on Disney GC at Target with one of their cards too. 

Also, not sure what you're doing for Disney but I know you can use Amazon Prime to ship food and other stuff to a Disney hotel room for something like a $5 to $10 fee.   It's worth it if you plan to buy bottled water. 
  • 6fsn said:
    kvruns said:
    6fsn said:

Meijer? 
    thanks! do you happen to know if it only works if the gift card itself is $50 or more or just the total. So if I did 2 $25 would I get the 10% off? 

We thought about doing it for Disney too but I haven't booked anything and don't want to buy just in case we don't do it
  • @banana468- I've heard you can use your Target credit card to get 5% off.  I'd have to do the math on that vs. fuel points.

@VarunaTT- I LOVE the dress! Enjoy the night.  Kick up your heels and have a blast!

@kvruns- the gift card does not need to be $50.  I did a big combination of $25s, $20s,$15s, a $500, and a $180. 

• do they have hotels.com g/c's at meijer?  Either way, it could be worth a look for other places I plan to drop money on.
    @VarunaTT, yeeeess LOVE the dress! Hopefully it's not an awkward night.
    @Jen4948, T&P's for your cousin

• @CharmedPam I know they had one for hotels.com but I wasn’t looking for anything specific. 
  • Today is National Microtia Awareness Day. (Microtia is one of my son’s congenital hearing defects.)  I visited his class to read “Its Okay to Be Different” , we talked about what makes us different/how it’s special to be unique, etc.  Gave the kids’ the official bracelet.  I don’t think at age 3 the kids have noticed that my son’s ear looks different but he got a kick out of me being in class.

Having a city day tomorrow and Christmas photos on Sunday, otherwise hoping to relax.
  • @Jen4948, T&P's for your cousin
    Thanks, @CharmedPam