Wedding Woes
Options

Happy Friday!

It snowed a ton last night but the dog loved it. He played outside all morning and thought it was the greatest thing. 

H is heading to camp tonight and I’m getting drinks with my sister, her good friend, and my good friend. We’re trying to do monthly ladies nights. We pretty much just hang out and drink wine and eat snacks. It’s lovely. 

Also I just got to tickets to the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra playing the score to Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone and I’m way excited. Happy Friday indeed. 

Re: Happy Friday!

• Options
    I know.  I'm hearing about this from my PA and NY friends.  brrrr. I think the HP orchestra was already in Chicago.  My friend posted something similar to that.

tonight is dinner & a movie (what else is new? man we love to eat and watch  movies) and then tomorrow I have the last of my 3 microneedlinging appointments which leaves your face red, almost like a sun burn, so I hope to stay in so no one thinks I just came back from the Bahamas.....or maybe I DO want strangers to think I have an exciting and adventurous life?
    And Sunday shopping.  I need new winter clothes. 

• Options
    Sounds like a fun night for you both!

H, my sister and I are going to a Cannibal Corpse show tonight. I'm excited. Tomorrow I'm planning a marathon cooking day and Sunday we have a night Bears game. It's nice to be important and to have been moved to prime time but as someone who goes to the games, it's annoying. My aunt and uncle were planning on going and now they can't since it was moved. And now I won't get home until 2:00 am. Oh well. I doubt the rating people give a shit about my need for 9+ hours of sleep.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

H, my sister and I are going to a Cannibal Corpse show tonight. I'm excited. Tomorrow I'm planning a marathon cooking day and Sunday we have a night Bears game. It's nice to be important and to have been moved to prime time but as someone who goes to the games, it's annoying. My aunt and uncle were planning on going and now they can't since it was moved. And now I won't get home until 2:00 am. Oh well. I doubt the rating people give a shit about my need for 9+ hours of sleep.
    H was complaining too because the Steelers game got moved so he has to come back early from camp. 
  • Options

H was complaining too because the Steelers game got moved so he has to come back early from camp. 
    Yeah I was thinking about how this sucks for the other game too!!

But, part of me is a little happy about he switch only because I'm a terrible person. Originally the Bears were playing the Vikings at noon, and the Blackhawks were playing the Minnesota Wild at 5:00 on Sunday. What a perfect double-header for a MN fan! If it were the other way around and both these games were in MN, I'd totally have gone up for the weekend for the games. But now they'll be pretty much at the same time, so anyone who planned to do both can't. And I hate MN fans (sorry if anyone here is) so that makes me happy. LOL
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Nothing much going on here. Hanging out with some friends tonight - it will be H's first time putting baby B to bed himself, hopefully it goes ok. Tomorrow I thought I had something going on and then Sunday is taking baby B for Santa pictures where he will most likely be afraid so I'm sure that will go great. They will have activities for kids to do and stuff and I get to dress him up cute so not all is lost 
  • Options
    Poor H took 4.5 hours to get home (usually takes 45 minutes).  The first snow of the season always disables my city, and we only got 5-6”.  It’s all melted now.
    Normal day at work.  Thanksgiving prep and light errands this weekend, and I’m taking the kids to a T-giving paint night at the local kiddie gym on Sunday. Should be cute. Nothing else though.
  • Options

They let us out an hour early yesterday, but the snow had switched over to rain by then.  It was still slushy, but much easier to drive in than when I had gone out for lunch 3 hours earlier in the day.  It was a normal commute home for me, somehow.  I saw many people were stranded on highways, kids having a stay over at school because they couldn't be picked up and many accidents.  As usual, the predictions on the storm were much different than the actual storm.  We have sunny skies and pretty much no snow left on the ground.

I will be heading on a Target run at lunch and today is so slow, I just want to go now!  Not much for the weekend, probably tackle some projects around the house, but nothing in particular.

• Options
    Babypants is home from school today - she has conjunctivitis and an ear infection. The silver lining, I suppose, is that because of the ear infection we don't have to wrestle her to get eye drops in because they gave us an oral antibiotic to treat everything. 

So H & I are WFH today tag teaming playing with the munchkin. She's been super clingy and more so to me, so I got to have a snuggle session while writing the approach for this job my company is going after. 

We got about 4" of snow/slush last night and our stupid neighbor's diseased pine tree dropped huge branches into our yard. AGAIN. I just want him to take this damn tree down. And it's very clearly diseased so wouldn't make that his responsibility to cut it down? 

We call him Gorbachev because we are total dorks (as in, "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this tree")  :#
  • Options

Good luck to everyone's teams (unless it's Philly)!  I'm hoping my Saints strut across the field for their 9th straight win.  Because we're awesome this year, lol.

Rant (sorry it's long):

My H and I rarely fight, but we did last night and I'm still pissed about it and I think he is too.  I'm rarely not home at night.  But, it's like almost every time I am, he becomes a lazy, f**king child and orders $40-$50 worth of Domino's.  That's almost the equivalent of one week of groceries for us.  And, despite the fact we've been together for over 15 years, he NEVER remembers what I order from there.  BTW, it is always one or two of the same three things.

So does he at least text me to ASK me what I want, like I've told him to EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. we have this fight?  No.  He guesses.  And he guesses wrong.  Just like he always does.  So it just rubs double salt into the wound that he can't remember what I like, was too selfish to spend 30 seconds via text to even ask me, and just spent a s**t ton of money on food and bought NOTHING I will even enjoy.

We are bleeding money right now with this reno, to the point where I can no longer pay off some of my credit cards each month.  So, to me, the pile of Domino's boxes I came home to, only looked like $45 MORE on the 'cc balance I will be carrying next month.

I didn't yell, but told him I was upset.  I didn't even really get a chance to finish before he blows up at me that he had a long and tough day and (sarcastic) "sorry he was just trying to feed himself AND HIS WIFE."  And then stalks off to bed, because it was late, so we didn't even have a chance to resolve things or for me to even give my side.  Oh!  And leaving me all the boxes to put away.  Which meant I had to spend 5 minutes cleaning out the fridge...after I'd had a day that was over 3 hours longer than his.  And THEN, after all of that, I had to throw together something for my dinner because nothing he bought was appealing to me.

FWIW, we have all kinds of food choices in our pantry and fridge, that he could have whipped up in a few minutes.  He probably just didn't "feel" like eating those things.

Last, but not least, unfortunately we have what would normally be an awesome mystery shop tonight at a romantic, 4-star restaurant.  He's helping a friend today about 45 minutes away from us and I'm just hoping he comes home in time for me to calmly give my side of things, in order to hopefully clear the air.  I'm going to also see if I can move the dinner to tomorrow night, jic things are still touchy today.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh I’d be pissed too @short+sassy
  • Options
    Oh I’d be pissed too @short+sassy
    Thanks!  I did wonder if I was being too petty.  And, although I didn't yell, I was obviously pretty mad.  I definitely feel I had a right to be mad, but maybe was feeling madder than I should have been. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, @short+sassy I would be super irritated too. H will often do something similar when he goes to the store - and doesn't bother to ask if I need anything from there (or if Babypants needs anything). It's super annoying and I am sorry you had to deal with that after having a long and cruddy day at work. 
  • Options
    It’s 1 pm and we aren’t out of Ohio. We tried to start the car this am, but got the dreaded clicking instead. An hour later we had a fresh battery installed. 10 miles to the border. 
  • Options
    S+S I'm trying to figure out how you spend $40-50 at Domino's for 2 people. Granted I haven't ordered from there in years but still. That would make me extra annoyed too
  • Options
    Oh no 6!  That sucks.  Glad it was just a battery, but what a headache. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    S+S I'm trying to figure out how you spend $40-50 at Domino's for 2 people. Granted I haven't ordered from there in years but still. That would make me extra annoyed too
    pizza really is getting expensive these days.  I just had this discussion the other day. All my friends are preferring to go to aldi and the grocery store and getting a fresh bake at home one because they taste really good and are cheaper! 

Of course that doesn't help when you need delivery.

• Options
    I’m kinda on the $40-50 on pizza too. Yeah it’s getting expensive, but dominos isn’t that bad. That’s 3 pizzas?
  • Options

S+S - I would be hella mad too!  And that was really unfair of H to just sulk out and make you clean up everything!  You are better than me, because I wouldn't have touched that pizza and would have made H clean it up.  "I didn't eat the pizza, so you can clean up the pizzas."  Also - Dominos has an app now and they literally save every order you have made!  I'm also sure they could have looked up a standard order in store by your phone number.  Or take the 30 seconds to text you!

Oh and Fly Eagles Fly!  :P

6 - I hope your travels get easier!

• Options
    Ugh that would’ve annoyed me too @short+sassy! H sometimes goes to the supermarket for one thing and manages to spend $40-50 on snacks/junk.  I’m like “how do I spend $100-130 to feed five people for a week and you spend half of that on impulse cravings?!” Drives me crazy.  The solo clean up would’ve been the real nail in the coffin  :s Hope dinner tonight goes alright!
  • Options
    Brain is messing up today, so I'm far more pissy than I have any reason to be.

Tomorrow, meeting a friend for coffee/snacks and going to see Boy Erased.  Planning on bringing a tissue box for everyone.  Tonight, i might go out, IDK, it's always iffy when i'm in this head space, b/c it might be fun or it might be so, So, SO wrong.  Sunday, probably laundry and not much else.
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    I’m kinda on the $40-50 on pizza too. Yeah it’s getting expensive, but dominos isn’t that bad. That’s 3 pizzas?

On the expense, it was for a number of items to have enough for leftovers.  We typically order from the $5.99 part of the menu (one had a $2 up charge).  There were five items off of that.  Funny enough, only one of the items was a pizza.  Plus Parmesan Bread Bites.  Throw on taxes...which are an outrageous 10.5% where we live...and the delivery fee.  And it comes out to $45.  Though that didn't include the tip.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker