Wedding 911

Room Blocks

Our wedding is ceremony and reception are at a hotel. We have a room block reserved there. There is another hotel about .5 miles from where our wedding is. It had been a place we considered having our wedding, but decided against having there. Do you think it is necessary to get a room block at that hotel as well? Or is it okay to mention this hotel on our wedding website without reserve a room block in case people want to stay at there instead of where our wedding is being held?

Re: Room Blocks

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2018
    I'd just keep the room block at your venue hotel unless you get more RSVPs from out-of-town guests that they are attending than your venue hotel block can accommodate.

I don't think you need to update your website unless it turns out that you need a block of rooms at the other hotel.
  • Is there a reason you think you need a second hotel? Is it in a different price or quality bracket than the first hotel (pricier/nicer or cheaper/more basic) or are you worried you won't have enough rooms in your current hotel block?

You're not obligated to do anything, but just curious why you think you'd be required to do this 
  • Is there a reason you think you need a second hotel? Is it in a different price or quality bracket than the first hotel (pricier/nicer or cheaper/more basic) or are you worried you won't have enough rooms in your current hotel block?

You're not obligated to do anything, but just curious why you think you'd be required to do this 
    This. If the hotels are similar in price, star rating, etc., then you're fine with just one. If not, it might be nice to give guests another option.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Our venue has blocked 60 rooms. We have invited about 75 households so I am concerned there won't be enough rooms. I know some people probably will not stay at the hotel because they have a 30 minute or less drive, but others definitely will stay. I also wanted to give our guests an option of where they stay. Both hotels are rated the same amount and are only about $10 different in price. 
  • I'd just list the other as another option.   I don't think you need to arrange multiple blocks. 
  • Our venue has blocked 60 rooms. We have invited about 75 households so I am concerned there won't be enough rooms. I know some people probably will not stay at the hotel because they have a 30 minute or less drive, but others definitely will stay. I also wanted to give our guests an option of where they stay. Both hotels are rated the same amount and are only about $10 different in price. 
    I think you can just list the other hotels, unless it’s a very busy weekend in the area where hotel rooms would go quick. If it’s just a regular weekend in your city then I don’t think you need room blocks to cover every guest. 

We had room blocks at our venue then another down the street at a cheaper hotel, but we listednother area hotels on our website. We had room blocks to cover all our OOT guests, but we got married on a super busy weekend where there was a major marathon (and holiday) the same weekend. 
  • If anything, IMO you have more rooms blocked already than necessary.  But that said, given the amount I travel, it's rare for me to find a hotel block that the prices are less than what I can find online for the exact same room or better at the same hotel.  And where you mentioned a number of your guests are a half hour away, very few of those guests will likely get a hotel.  Ultimately, people can figure out their own hotel rooms.