Wedding Woes

Tuesday!

What's goin' onnn??

Last night I'd planned to pick up my jewelry, get new shoes and have swordfish. I ordered the shoes, made something else for dinner and was too lazy to get my jewelry. So tonight we're meeting my dad for dinner near the jewelry store so we can kill 2 birds with one stone and have my birthday dinner with him (birthday was last weekend) and grab our stuff. 

I realized I RSVPed yes for a party I can't go to next Saturday. My aunt and uncle got my sister and us a hotel room the night before the Bears game, so we'll have dinner with them and hang out, which will be nice. But I feel bad because I've not been able to go to ANY of the parties these particular friends have and she's the type to overthink and think we hate her, but I really do like her! Oh well, I'll have to initiate a hangout with them some other time. 

Also, for you cooks, this is AWESOME. 

https://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/chicken-poblano-stew-polenta
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Tuesday!

• @ShesSoCold That stew looks amazing! H would love it so I'll have to try it sometime.

I'm so over open enrollment. I'm ready for my job to stop being crazy and to have a chance to breathe. On top of it, I'm fairly certain H has the start of the flu - he's had a fever for two days now and feels like crap. Fingers crossed I don't get sick too because I do not have time for that. 

On the bright side, we have a wedding to go to this weekend that should be a lot of fun. The venue is gorgeous and I'm looking forward to dressing up and drinking cocktails. Thank goodness the venue has valet parking available though because it's only going to be about 20 degrees Saturday evening.
  • Ooh that looks delicious @ShesSoCold; I might try to do it this weekend when H is off hunting! 

I’ve been feeling off for like a week now. My stomach hurts I feel nauseous, and “not regular”; not enough to go to the doctor but also just kind of crappy. I’m hoping whatever it is doesn’t last too much longer because I hate being sick this time of year! 

H leaves again tomorrow for hunting and I’m glad it makes him so happy but gods its exhausting being the only one taking care of the dog. 
  • Bleh. Another day. 

We went to the foot spa last night and got massages. I definitely needed that. Also, I just started getting food from a local meal prep company (Eat Clean Bro), so I'm very excited to try my lunch. Today I have a turkey and black bean burger, with sweet potato fries. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2018
    recipes without pictures or better yet - a video - make me nervous....but that looks like a creamy stew, no? I wonder if I could substitute the  milk for almond milk to make it less WW pointy.  Speaking of that, I made a 0 point soup yesterday and it was actually really good! You put all this in a crock: Chicken, garlic, taco seasoning (I use a no sodium one), chicken broth (low sodium for me), corn, black beans, pinto beans, onions, green pepper, canned diced tomatoes and cook on high for 4 hrs. Take chicken out  Shred.  Place it back in soup.  I top it off with a bit of cheese and tortilla strips (so it's not exactly 0 points). I'm not much of a homemade soup lover, but i like this!

Tree goes up tonight!
    edit for ingredients 
    edit: and yes, I did see a video for the soup  ;)

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2018
    Morning.  I have counseling again this afternoon and thank goodness is all I can say. 

Also, my sister is annoying me about Christmas cookie baking and that she's upset with my mom for 'not speaking up' when she asked to move cookies from mom's to her house because it would be easier for her.  My other sister and I have to go wherever...so we don't care where it is and said, "OK" when my sister asked to move it. 

But my mom's in the throes of grief over my grandma and struggling with not feeling as good as she wishes she did.  And she's bored AF now that she's settled back in at home after her TX trip and my dad is making her BSC.  She practically begged me to make plans with her on my next weekday off so she can get out of the house for a reason. 

Anyway, my mom said "OK" to the venue change and then my dad texted this morning saying mom wasn't really OK with it and now my sister is having a meltdown about it.  I put her in her place, gently, but ugh.  

Other than that, SSDD.  It's fucking Tuesday, and I work Saturday, so this feels like the week that will never end at this point.  

• recipes without pictures or better yet - a video - make me nervous....but that looks like a creamy stew, no? I wonder if I could substitute the  milk for almond milk to make it less WW pointy.  Speaking of that, I made a 0 point soup yesterday and it was actually really good! You put all this in a crock: Chicken, garlic, taco seasoning (I use a no sodium one), chicken broth (low sodium for me), corn, black beans, pinto beans, onions, green pepper, canned diced tomatoes and cook on high for 4 hrs. Take chicken out  Shred.  Place it back in soup.  I top it off with a bit of cheese and tortilla strips (so it's not exactly 0 points). I'm not much of a homemade soup lover, but i like this!

Tree goes up tonight!
    edit for ingredients 
    I actually made the polenta with chicken stock to make it less pointy since you make them separately. And I don't like fresh tomatoes so I used a can of diced and didn't drain to give it a little more "juice". Mine ends up being like a super chunky soup type consistency but it works well when mixed with the polenta. 

I keep getting the red underline telling me that "polenta" is spelled incorrectly and it wants me to change it to "tadpole". WTF. LOL 

That soup sounds awesome!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Morning.  I have counseling again this afternoon and thank goodness is all I can say. 

Also, my sister is annoying me about Christmas cookie baking and that she's upset with my mom for 'not speaking up' when she asked to move cookies from mom's to her house because it would be easier for her.  My other sister and I have to go wherever...so we don't care where it is and said, "OK" when my sister asked to move it. 

But my mom's in the throes of grief over my grandma and struggling with not feeling as good as she wishes she did.  And she's bored AF now that she's settled back in at home after her TX trip and my dad is making her BSC.  She practically begged me to make plans with her on my next weekday off so she can get out of the house for a reason. 

Anyway, my mom said "OK" to the venue change and then my dad texted this morning saying mom wasn't really OK with it and now my sister is having a meltdown about it.  I put her in her place, gently, but ugh.  

Other than that, SSDD.  It's fucking Tuesday, and I work Saturday, so this feels like the week that will never end at this point.  

Maybe this is wrong but I feel like your sister should have known your Mom would still want to do cookies? I’m annoyed at my sister for similar stuff from thanksgiving and I’m just like “how do you not see she’s just going to agree with whatever you want but actually be hurt by it??” 

Sorry, maybe I’m projecting on your post a bit...
  • @shessocold, you know what soup I did like? Remember in the 90's when the cabbage soup diet was all the rage? It really wasn't that bad of a soup! The "diet" portion was insane but I may want to make that soup again as just a soup. Looking back at the recipe it's not that different from the chicken taco one I posted:
    https://iheartrecipes.com/cabbage-soup-diet-recipe-for-weight-loss-detox/

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2018
    mrsconn23 said:

Maybe this is wrong but I feel like your sister should have known your Mom would still want to do cookies? I’m annoyed at my sister for similar stuff from thanksgiving and I’m just like “how do you not see she’s just going to agree with whatever you want but actually be hurt by it??” 

Sorry, maybe I’m projecting on your post a bit...
    Yeah, IDK.   I get that my sister has to go to work that morning and that's a huge wrench in things, but she should have realized how big of an ask it was.  When mom just responded with "OK" in the group message, I had a spidey sense it really wasn't.  My sister lives the farthest out from all of us.  It's a PITA for my mom, who provides most of the stuff for baking (we all pitch in, but mom always seems to bring the most), to pack up all that shit and take it to my sister's.   On a 'normal' year, this would probably be NBD...but 2018 has been far from anything I'd call normal.  Ugh...Blerg.  I'm happy to go to my mom's...it's 20 min away vs. 45 min. 
  • @charlotte989875 I hope you feel better. I’ve felt kind of similar for a few weeks too. Like I’m juuuuust on the edge of something. It’s like my body can’t decide if it wants to have a cold or not. 

@climbingwife your lunch sounds healthy and delicious. 

@mrsconn23 I’d be annoyed too. Your sister is being ridiculous and kind of selfish. Tbh I feel like the holiday should be whatever is best for your mom with everything going on. 

Studying today for my final tomorrow. Yesterday was a whirlwind of shopping and errands. I finally found the rest of my mom’s gifts. For some reason I was really struggling with her. I went to return stuff to WHBM and I saw the most gorgeous burgundy pea coat. There was only one left. And I got it and a dress for myself for less than $150. The coat itself was supposed to be $250 but I was able to apply some coupons to it. And I can’t even find it online anymore. It’s completely sold out. I feel like I hit the lottery. 

I also got my nails done and made my first hair appointment in *shame* over a year. So I’m going to that today. I need to find a new nail place. They used to be so consistent and good, but the last few times it’s been terrible. I was finally excited about my nail length and I told the woman to keep it and she filed my nails all the way down. And they’re unequal. And she cut me when she was doing the cuticles. I’m still annoyed. 

• First things first, if any of you have plans of shopping at Old Navy today (either online or offline), I have a code to get $20 off a $50 purchase.  They keep calling it my "$20 super cash" for a purchase I made last week.  But it doesn't feel so "bonus" when I have to spend $50 to use it, lol.  It expires today, but PM me if you want the code.

Sorry to hear so many people not feeling well!  My H was really sick yesterday and I'm hoping it was just a 1-day thing.  He seemed to be feeling better by the time I got home.  I guess it is just that time of year.  Lame.

Update on the three main items I ordered over Black Friday.  I already vetched about the sofa, where Sam's Club canceled my order.  We got our new microwave on Friday.  And that was another fail.  Doesn't work at all (sigh).  My H even called the Oster customer service.  The woman ran him through a "reset" process.  But, when that didn't work, she said we should just return it to where we got it.  On the slight bright side, I bought it online at Target so I can at least return it personally to a store instead of shipping it back.  Though, now it defeats the convenience of having a larger item shipped to me.

So far, 2/3 fails, smh.  All righty.  The third item is a laptop.  I don't want to jinx myself, especially with the latest track record, but so far-so good.  It was scheduled to come sometime between Dec. 4th-Dec. 12th.  It arrived yesterday, a day early (small win).  Seems to be working great and, just as importantly, I like it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Woke up with a migraine this morning. Waiting for medication to take effect.
  • a little hungover this morning from a charity fundraiser last night.  It was super fun but the open bar was a little much for me on a Monday.  Luckily, this week is slow with no major deadlines so I can take my time this morning.  I have tonight off then events tomorrow night and Thursday. 

Saturday we're having H's former boss and his wife over for dinner which will be fun - they are awesome. And then Sunday morning having a few friends over for brunch bc a couple is going to be in town last minute. 

Very busy week!!  All good stuff, but i'll be very happy to veg in my sweatpants when Sunday afternoon rolls around.

• Last night was card club. I have a ton of work, but we have my favorite event at church tonight.  I had to go over and decorate my table for later.  This is the first year I haven't been on the steering committee and it's kind of bitter sweet.

Work is driving me nuts.  We are a third party seller of software.  The software company has all of these systems to try to track who is selling what.  They give some money for incentives and marketing based on those systems.  One system has 2 kinds of deals.  Every time I enter 1 type it gets rejected as a 2 type even thought it's not a 2 type and wasn't entered as such.  There are 4-5 different people at the software company that are trying hard to sell type 2 deals to get their bonus. 

Every time I get a rejection it is just a reference to a deal number.  Shortly after that email I will get an email from a rep saying "what is this and why is it rejected?" See, they cannot actually look up any of these deals in THEIR OWN SYSTEM.  I have to look it up, but I cannot search by the deal number I have to export the file and do a search to find out what company and find out it was rejected because it isn't even the right kind of deal.

Today has been the best though.  THEY entered a deal in THEIR system and asked us to accept it.  I did.  Now THEY SENT A REJECTION to the deal THEY ENTERED. The deal didn't have any company or product attached, but the rep is going on to me about trying to figure out THEIR DEAL IN THEIR SYSTEM. 

• Ugh that’s frustrating @mrsconn23...that soup looks good @ShesSoCold I love that it’s over polenta.  Feel better soon eveyone, sounds like there’s a lot going around.  
    Ive received most of the gifts I ordered and I think I’m going to start wrapping tonight.  I’m also going to start prep for this weekend’s Christmas cookie decorating party.  It’s a busy time of year but I’ve been doing a good job (so far) of spreading things out and haven’t feel stressed (yet lol).  I have almost every student at work where they should be as far as applications so I’m feeling good on all fronts.
  • Could I throw in my Tuesday vent? Hi Ladies.

1. Ok. So, I always asks my sister what her holiday plans are to see if I'm going to go home or Mom is going to come here. Usually, this seems to be determined by my sister because she is the one with the grandbaby. Granny, LOVES to see her sweetpea, and my Mom is 70 and I try to make things easier for her.

Anyway, I asked and was told they want to go home for Christmas this year. Cool. In the four years my sister has been married, we have always driven home when we go. I assumed it would be the same this year. Guess who asked me this weekend how was I getting home because she booked their tickets?

Say What, Now?" She never said anything about them thinking about flying. We discussed the holidays in October. It's fine that they want to fly home, but why not give a sista a heads up. Now, I have to book a flight and the prices are higher than normal. Next, year, I'm going to make my own Christmas plans with Mom. 

I guess I am more annoyed that my holiday plans are always scheduled around my sister and her family because I'm the family-less one and have more flexibility. I think I have been low-key annoyed about this. 

Thanks for letting me purge.
  • Could I throw in my Tuesday vent? Hi Ladies.

1. Ok. So, I always asks my sister what her holiday plans are to see if I'm going to go home or Mom is going to come here. Usually, this seems to be determined by my sister because she is the one with the grandbaby. Granny, LOVES to see her sweetpea, and my Mom is 70 and I try to make things easier for her.

Anyway, I asked and was told they want to go home for Christmas this year. Cool. In the four years my sister has been married, we have always driven home when we go. I assumed it would be the same this year. Guess who asked me this weekend how was I getting home because she booked their tickets?

Say What, Now?" She never said anything about them thinking about flying. We discussed the holidays in October. It's fine that they want to fly home, but why not give a sista a heads up. Now, I have to book a flight and the prices are higher than normal. Next, year, I'm going to make my own Christmas plans with Mom. 

I guess I am more annoyed that my holiday plans are always scheduled around my sister and her family because I'm the family-less one and have more flexibility. I think I have been low-key annoyed about this. 

Thanks for letting me purge.
    That is messed up!  Flight prices are already high in Dec. and it makes it so much worse when it is on the more last minute side.  I've found Hopper to be a pretty good app for finding the best airline deals.  They even analyze historical data and will advise if you should "book now" or wait X amount of days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker