Wedding Woes

Wednesday!

I'm so tired. I had a church event until 11 last night and I was so amped afterward I couldn't sleep. M2 came in my room at some point telling me something.  I could not understand a word of it so I just told here to go away.  Awesome parenting.

Our product people are still killing me.  My company changed a bunch of security settings and I'm locked out of stuff.  But in 15 minutes Max and I are going to learn about snakes.  Then we need groceries- 2 bananas left, more awesome parenting.

This afternoon I still need to hit a workout then run up to school to volunteer.

Re: Wednesday!

• The crud that's going around the office is finally catching up to me.  I feel awful, but in that annoying way where I'm definitely not sick enough to stay home and not do anything, but not great enough to feel motivated to do anything.  And on top of that, Aunt flo decided to visit this morning too.  Which sucks anyway, but especially since we've been trying to get pregnant for quite awhile it's always a little disheartening. 

I decided to skip my book club in the city tonight so I can medicate and go to bed early so that hopefully I feel good enough to go to my work event tomorrow night. 

• @6fsn  sometimes you just have to sleep. 

It’s raining today. I have my final today and I don’t feel prepared for it. I feel like I have nothing else
    to give school right now. 

I officially only have one present left to get, and it’s a gift card purchase. Everything else is wrapped and under the tree. Finally. My hair cut went well. I didn’t super click with the stylist, but I like the way my hair turned out and I didn’t dislike her so I’ll probably go back. I’ve been a salon-less nomad since my old hair dresser quit. I just want a salon home again. Lol. 

Why does this week seem so long? 

• I'm exhausted today.  I slept like shit last night.   

Someone shook the snowglobe out there.  

DefConn found this 'catching Santa' youtube channel.  He's obsessed and has asked to set up the GoPro on Christmas eve.  It's hilariously adorable. 

Other than that, SSDD.  We need to figure out the rest of our Christmas shopping needs. 
  • @Casadena, I hope you start feeling better!  My H was feeling horrible on Monday and pretty much stayed in bed all day.  But was just fine yesterday.  Such a quick turnaround.

Not much going on today.  Other than the usual first week torture of end-of-month reports, lol.

I did a mystery shop last night at a casual dining place.  I hadn't done this particular one in awhile.  It's an easy, quick shop and I like their food.  So it was nice to get back in the swing of it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm back to sleeping way too much again.  Not sure really why, but I think I need to start paying attention to my food intake.  But rolling out of bed at 7:10 isn't super awesome for my work day.

K and I have been quarreling lately.  It's almost the end of the semester, so that's good.  I think we're both just worn out and irritable.  And there's too much crap coming up in the holidays.  I'm already annoyed by it.

I was all ahead at work and suddenly I'm behind and I'm not sure how that happened.
  • Hi 6.

Confession Wednesday. I'm going to dinner with a guy that I'm not feeling because I don't want to end the year without going on any dates. Lame, I know. Last year was better as far as dating is concerned.

• omg yes @levioosa, it is taking fooooorever.  I can't believe it's only Wednesday.
    6, that is funny! my nephew talks a mile a minute and no one understands a word he says. It's so funny because he *thinks* he's communicating....but  he's not. 

Does anyone know anything about models? Like, plastic train/car models not the fashion kind.  I want to start a train set for H - but everything is SO expensive and I have no idea what's good or not.  All I got so far is that HO is the preferred style with collectors. 

Last night H and I went to see "The possession of Hannah Grace".  It was ok but dragged on way to long (and it was only the standard 1.5 hours).  Half way through I wanted to go and get some popcorn but H was snoring so I had to stay in my seat to nudge him when he got to loud. I was afraid I'd leave and he'd annoy the people next to us :)

• I hope you feel better, Casadena! Sleep sometimes really is the best medicine. 

I got nothing today. I need a nap. And a lottery win. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I hope you feel better, Casadena! Sleep sometimes really is the best medicine. 

I got nothing today. I need a nap. And a lottery win. 
    Just as long as it's not the turn I was supposed to win, I bid you good luck.

• I'm back from the side of the planet I fell off of. 

Weekend was a mixed bag. Once she warmed up, Babypants loved Uncle Santa. It was the helicopter he arrived in that she got upset over. 

Then Sunday my dad had a setback, which made me an emotional wreck all day and I didn't sleep at night. So Monday I took a mental health day and caught up on my Real Housewives of Dallas in between naps. 

Yesterday I was at our largest jobsite all day. 

Today I am back in the office catching up on stuff.

@Casadena I hope you feel better!
  • I just found a recipe for eggnog snickerdoodle whoopie pies and now I know what I'm doing with my weekend. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Sorry to hear about your dad @sparklepants41, so glad you took a mental health day for it too. 

• Thinking of you and your Dad @sparklepants41

Busy, busy day at work. Parents coming for dinner. And husband left until Sunday. But he texted and said he left surprised for me and the dog. 
  • Just tired. The night before, I awoke with a migraine. Had maybe four hours of sleep. After awhile when it subsided, I went to work.

I slightly overslept this morning as a result. Waiting to get through today. I have some books I want to read.
  • I'm sorry, @sparklepants41.
    DD and SIL are passing all sorts of junk back and forth.  Strep, cold/flu, fevers for days, and then just when SIL resumed work......BAM!  Migrane.  Grandbaby #2 got pink eye, which then DD picked up.  Good year for H to be retired!  I run over after school to "spell" whoever had the reserves to go to work that day.  I remember those years with toddlers, trying to push through being sick, and just TCB.  There is a reason those years are a blur. 
    Happy St. Nick Day!  I love this day.  I've been gifting small things at school for years and have been able (for the most part) to remain anonymous!  Only the school secretary knows, and that was born from necessity after needing to be let into the building one year after everyone else had left. 
  • MobKaz said:
    I'm sorry, @sparklepants41.
    DD and SIL are passing all sorts of junk back and forth.  Strep, cold/flu, fevers for days, and then just when SIL resumed work......BAM!  Migrane.  Grandbaby #2 got pink eye, which then DD picked up.  Good year for H to be retired!  I run over after school to "spell" whoever had the reserves to go to work that day.  I remember those years with toddlers, trying to push through being sick, and just TCB.  There is a reason those years are a blur. 
    Happy St. Nick Day!  I love this day.  I've been gifting small things at school for years and have been able (for the most part) to remain anonymous!  Only the school secretary knows, and that was born from necessity after needing to be let into the building one year after everyone else had left. 
    that's awesome, @mobkaz! I admittedly don't know a lot about st. nick day, but putting a smile on someone's face for whatever reason gets an A++ in my book :)

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2018
    MobKaz said:
    that's awesome, @mobkaz! I admittedly don't know a lot about st. nick day, but putting a smile on someone's face for whatever reason gets an A++ in my book :)
    LOL I basically just bag all sorts of "good" candy for everyone.  However, one of the "traditions" that staff looks forward to are the chocolate liquor candies that I pack in the bags.  The teachers with students often on the naughty list definitely bust those out at lunch for a slightly "naughty but necessary" nip ;)
  • MobKaz said:
    MobKaz said:
    LOL I basically just bag all sorts of "good" candy for everyone.  However, one of the "traditions" that staff looks forward to are the chocolate liquor candies that I pack in the bags.  The teachers with students often on the naughty list definitely bust those out at lunch for a slightly "naughty but necessary" nip ;)
    It always makes me chuckle on the rare occasion I buy chocolate candies that someone could be carded for.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker