Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday!

2»

Re: Thursday!

• Options
    There are a couple Czech restaurants that you should definitely try!  Pivovarsky Klub is great - it's a brewery as well, there are two locations but this is the main one.  Lokal is another great one.  Other places we really enjoyed were U Kurelu or The Tavern (owned by the same ppl, "sister" restaurants I guess).  We've been to both and they were great!  There is a very large Vietnamese population in Prague and every Vietnamese place we tried was amazing!
  • Options
    Thanks!  I wrote those down.  We, my friend and I, have some similarities but I’m going to try not to be too too annoying.  Me.. I like (need) 3 meals a day and she can go without one or even two.  I like to find all the ghosties and she loves libraries. But we both love history/museums/beverages so it’ll work out!  I hope!  Because having a travel buddy would be awesome since H’s vacation days are so limited!

• Options

you're welcome!!  You definitely won't be hurting for good museums and history stuff!  There are lots of food trucks in the main squares and (if you're going when it's warm) along the river - so even if your friend doesn't want to sit down for 3 meals a day, you definitely will not have to skip meals.  The whole prague castle compound is amazing and the museum underneath is HUGE.  If you have time you might enjoy a day trip to Kutna Hora to see the bone church - I've never been able to make it work while we're there, but it sounds like something you might be interested in. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedlec_Ossuary

You'll have such a great time and hopefully your colleague turns out to be great travel buddy!

• Options
    Casadena said:
    Rockstars.  They always get our money!
    I need to see season 2, @mrsconn23, ah you just stressed me out with my growing list of shows I have to watch!  But end up coming home to watch family feud and cooking competitions.

Last night I stayed a bit late and made the admin worry that I'm so busy.  I wasn't busy.  It was just easier to plan an upcoming vacation while at work.  Towards the end of the work day my friend asked if I wanted to go to Prague.  I'm like. Sure.  I thought it was a rhetorical question like....ever want to go to Prague? She shows me a link to an amazing price and I said "wait, you're serious?".  Find out she wants to go but her hubby doesn't and doesn't want her to travel alone.  And I agree with him.  I tell her to book it.  She says...I feel like you should sleep on this.  Get back to me tomorrow?  I'm like "nope. I love to travel. book it!" I had to log in our HR system and double check my hours because the only thing holding me back is lack of vacation.  This morning i mapped out my days off and should still have a few days to play with this year to make long weekend trips that I want to.  

And then I found out about this stupid "6 month validity rule" with the passport, and both my upcoming international trips are within my passport expiration but within 6 months of travel dates so now I gotta renew. stat. 

Prague is amazing!!!  My sister lives there so we've been a bunch of times.  If you're looking for recommendations for anything, let me know!

I totally will!  Funny because it was not very high on my travel list but she’s so much fun and it’ll be a fun trip.  Its only 3 days in each - Prague and Vienna but we’ll pack lots in. We’e staying close by the market square.  Any must go to places to eat (lets get to the point.  The reason why i tracel). 
    Is there really any other?