Wedding Woes

Monday

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited December 2018 in Wedding Woes
*tap, tap* Is thing on?

How was the weekend?  

Ours was pretty good.  Friday night we ran out to Walmart because DefConn got 100% on a vocab test and 92% on a math test last week.  He's been a little superstar, so we let him pick out a few hot wheels as his reward.  We then went and picked up pizza for dinner. 

Saturday, I worked and then we went out for the kiddo's bday.  After his bday dinner, he left to go hang with friends and DH, DefConn, and I went downtown to see the lights.  It was frickin' freezing and we found a close parking spot, so we made it a quick trip. 

Sunday, I went shopping and then we cleaned house.  My parents came to dinner and to give the kiddo his bday present.  

Busy week ahead.  Wednesday is the office Christmas party, DH is leaving Thursday to go get his grandma from NC with BIL, we need to get some Christmas shopping done tomorrow.  We are stumped on gift exchange gifts (~$50 each) for both sides of the family.  I'm going to try and find some inspiration today.  

Re: Monday

• edited December 2018
    Yay for DeffCon! 

Friday H surprised me and took me out to dinner. That was nice. We needed to reconnect. 

Saturday morning I decorated the tree. Then I went to get my tattoo filled in. And let me tell you. It fucking HURT. This is my 6th tattoo, and it probably hurt the worst. 

I didn't do much else because my arm hurt so bad. I online shopped for all of my Xmas presents so I'm done now! 

Here's the tattoo! Ok, why is this not working? Why can't I insert a picture?!?

• Way to go DefConn!

@climbingwife I love surprise date nights

My weekend was wonderful. Friday night was a nice night at home with H and the dogs. Saturday afternoon I got my hairs done and went to a wedding in the evening. The venue was gorgeous and I got to see all of my old high school friends. Sunday H and I went out to a couple of breweries to check out some new Christmas beers and watched the Bills lose to the Jets. Ugh.
  • @ShesSoCold glad you had fun! DH stayed up late to watch the game, of course, and when he came to bed and said they won even I was shocked. 

Ok, so, I have to rant politically. Voter fraud has been discussed on these boards before and I have more shit to add to the pile. 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-met-chicago-13th-ward-alderman-race-kass-20181206-story.html?fbclid=IwAR3xumd9kTVwvAXxDC9U_TXLN2k7xlcDsmmnr1znfjxf-KgkbhHylgvdLmw

TLDR: The ward that contains the 30+ -year Speaker of the [IL] House, who is basically known for his corruption and for steering IL into the toilet, has, apparently, managed to illegally suppress the petition of a young hopeful-Alderman. In other words, the Machine is controlling who does and does not get on the ballot rather than the constituents.  This infuriates me. 

On top of that, two mayoral candidates are already up for challenges to their ballot petitions; news sources posted pictures of the petition pages where it's plainly obvious that the petition-collector just wrote in random names/signatures and addresses. One of the candidates for mayor who is being challenged recently won her election to state comptroller.

I hate this fucking state.  

• Weekend was good. DS2 came home and went to the Pacers' game with H Saturday night. We had movie night on Friday and on Saturday afternoon though. That was fun. Saturday morning H and I volunteered at our Y's Breakfast with Santa. We do that every year and is always a good time. Sunday was church then we went to the Christmas Market at the town just north of us. It was really cold but sunny so it was fun walking around and looking at all the decorations. We bought gingerbread cookies -yummy and guhlwein (sp?). I also bought some little Christmas decorations for the grandbabies. 
  • @ILoveBeachMusic, DH really wants to do the Christkindlmarkt.  Maybe we'll try Sunday if he's not too tired after his quick road trip.  I've heard it's fun. 
  • Morning!

The weekend was SUPER busy.

Saturday we went out in the ol' all wheel drive sleigh to embrace the frosty majesty of the winter landscape and selected that most important Christmas symbols.   We settled on a tree quickly and each kiddo got a turn with the saw.   Then we powered home and put it up during the afternoon.   

That night was our town's light parade which was COOOOOLD.   DH helped by making grown up and child friendly hot cocoa which we shared with my 2nd cousin who was there with his wife and kids.   We had a great time and then went to MIL and FIL's for pizza.

Yesterday was the baby shower for my friend who was my MOH who is happily expecting her first and by the time I was home I had enough time to run around the house and change the sheets on the bed.    We also ordered Christmas cards which should be here by the weekend so I can have them hopefully addressed by next Monday or Tuesday.

Tonight is a town forum that DH is going to so I'm trying to make good timing on dinner and bedtimes.   I am waiting for him to come home tonight to hear how so many local residents think they know more about real estate transactions than licensed realtors, know more about how to maintain the local police structure than the police department and hear other residents say that they are old so any tax increase is now bad. 
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2018

Friday was great, relaxing, and I had an awesome lunch thanks to a mystery shop.

Saturday was horrible!  It was the one day when my H and I had a whole bunch of errands to run and stuff to do.  It was pouring rain and really windy.  At one point, the bedliner of my pick-up truck flew off!!!!  Fortunately, I was parked and in the truck when it happened.  And the truck cab caught it, so it didn't go flying off into the street or anything (thank God!).  My H had debated before about taking the bedliner off, but I hadn't wanted to.  Boy, did that experience change my mind with a quickness.  We went home and he took the liner off.

Saturday was also a bad day because my H was in a bad mood and harping at me all day.  I wasn't rising to the bait and was just letting it go.  But I finally snapped at the end of our last errand and we got into a fight.  I was exhausted.  We'd been running around for hours and had just finished a marathon Target trip.

On the bright side, I returned the microwave that didn't work.  We picked up a different one that was normally priced at $75.  It was on sale for $65.  There was another 25% discount on all small kitchen appliances.  PLUS I had a 20% off coupon for my entire purchase, that could be stacked onto sale prices.  The final price was $39!  Awesome!

Sunday was back to great.  I slept in.  Relaxed and lounged around all day.  I really needed that.  Edited to add:  And watched the Saints do a major turnaround of their game to go from a 14-point deficit to a 14-point win over the Bucs.  Miraculous, considering how the game started.  Though maybe not as miraculous as the Bears win over the Rams, lol.  And down here, we were also REALLY happy to see the Rams lose.  We want that playoff berth and they're our competition.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wtg Defcon!  Keep those grades up!
    climbingwife!  Ouch.  I hate the healing time for tats.  But once healed, it’s so worth it.
    LOL Shessocold, I would do the SAME.  Read over a person’s shouder.

it was a pretty productive weekend.  Friday I baked a cake and decorated the tree.  Saturday I got up early and went to visit my brother.  It’s my nephew’s 2 year bday on wed so we celebrated it this weekend.  He’s a lover of cars, trucks and trains so i made him a train cake (I have a mold) with 3D snow man and trees.  I think he liked it.  He said “wow!” But in all honesty, it’s his favorite word.  He wow’s everything. 

Sunday I left their house for a 5 hr drive and was getting sleepy before 1 hr was even up.  I knew it was going to be a loooong drive.  I got a coffee when I stopped for gas and it did the trick.  When i got home at 6:30 I made not one dinner but 2 (homechef kits I had to use), did the laundry, unpacked and even got a workout in.  So much for my usual lazy sunday’s. 

• Weekend was good. DS2 came home and went to the Pacers' game with H Saturday night. We had movie night on Friday and on Saturday afternoon though. That was fun. Saturday morning H and I volunteered at our Y's Breakfast with Santa. We do that every year and is always a good time. Sunday was church then we went to the Christmas Market at the town just north of us. It was really cold but sunny so it was fun walking around and looking at all the decorations. We bought gingerbread cookies -yummy and guhlwein (sp?). I also bought some little Christmas decorations for the grandbabies. 
    I volunteered at the Breakfast with Santa a few years ago and it was nice. My company always has volunteers their as we sponsor it but I haven't been able to make it for a few years. Always a nice event though.

Sunday was actually decent with the sun. We did a brief impromptu zoo trip (without a heavy coat for the toddler) and it wasn't bad at all
  • Yay for Defconn! 

This weekend was pretty good. Friday I worked. Saturday we ended up going on an impromptu date to one our favorite nicer restaurants in the area. Then we met up with FSIL and FBIL for drinks. We had to leave and go to another restaurant though because the one they were at was literally almost the same temperature as outside. I have no idea why. We were freezing. Yesterday we went out for dinner and drinks and relaxed for the rest of the day. 

Nothing too crazy on the list for today. Just some prep for the Christmas weekend dinner we're having and trying to organize my life. I have work tomorrow, which, guessing by how much they've called me this weekend to come in, should be insane. I'm already tired thinking about it. 

• Btw, not a football fan but why is winning against the Rams so victorious?  Are they the best in the league?  Thought that was the Pats....?  Again, not a football fan :) 

• I got an MRI of my boobs today.  whee!

The kiddo is having a LOT of trouble in school.
    Not on the work (although she's slightly behind on her times tables), but generally in dealing w/ people.
    I've got an appt in FEB, because that's the soonest I can get us in, w/ a shrink, because I"m concerned and IMO (clearly biased and not an expert.  but I've also been reading a lot), it's either ADHD w/o hyperactivity or aspbergers--that shows up a lot different in girls than boys, so it's not diagnosed even though she gets help for her other stuff.

So report cards aren't celebratory at the moment.
    But she's trying.  I think.

I am spending the afternoon doing my paperwork to amend my medical records to deal w/ the BS that's causing my insurance to refuse to pay the $2k in bills I've got, and then doing shit for the office secret santa and/or wrapping gifts.
  • Btw, not a football fan but why is winning against the Rams so victorious?  Are they the best in the league?  Thought that was the Pats....?  Again, not a football fan :) 
    Yep I think they had the best record thus far. The Pats are mediocre this year 

In the Bears vs. Rams game, the Bears were the underdog so that is why Chicago fans were excited to win.  The Rams now have an 11-2 record.

The NFL is divided into two conferences.  The NFC and the AFC.  Going into playoffs...we are not there yet...the top ranking team in the NFC and AFC, respectively, get a "berth" for the first play off game.  As in, they don't even have to play.  They are automatically in the next round of playoff games.  Playoff games are elimination games in the NFL.

The Rams and the Saints are both in the NFC.  With the Rams loss to the Bears, now the Rams and the Saints are tied for the best record in the NFC...11-2.

Both of those teams have clinched their divisions.  They are both going to the playoffs.  But it is still up in the air as to who will get the precious first round berth. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    Btw, not a football fan but why is winning against the Rams so victorious?  Are they the best in the league?  Thought that was the Pats....?  Again, not a football fan :) 
    Safe assumption with the Pats, but not this year. They're still better than most, just not as good as they normally are. The Rams are arguable the best offense in the league and definitely top 2 overall teams. This was only their second loss of the season.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • The kids’ Christmas cookie decorating party on Saturday was a success.  They enjoyed a breakfast with Santa yesterday.  For the first time in several weeks I don’t have anything going on any nights this week (parent/teacher conferences, Financial Aid workshops, plans with friends etc) so I’m looking forward  to just being home after work.

• Yay Defconn!

I'm sorry GB. Would it be any faster to start with the school?

The weekend was ok.  Friday night was DH's "upper level" Christmas party. The food was good and the house was beautiful.  They were impeccable hosts it was just kinda stuffy and awkward.

Saturday M2 and Max went to a swim party. DH, 6let and I went to futsal.  They asked him to stay for a second game so we did.  I picked up the other 2 while DH and 6let went to Costco.

Saturday night M2 went to a sleepover.  6let and Max went to Kids' Night Out. DH and I went to dinner with neighbors.  It was a BLAST. 

Sunday we skipped church and hung around.  DH took 6let and M2 to run errands. Max stayed home and played with snap circuits.  They were a bday gift that 6let never played with, but Max is now obsessed over.

I had another nice text from 6let's outdoor Team 1 coach saying his not only had his keeper skills improved, but his footwork has too.

The product we sell is trying to kill me.  They keep changing the company name on deals. First they said the company name on my end matches what they see.  Duh, but it's not what I entered. Now want screen shots of what I entered vs what's in there now.  WTF? I entered those deals months ago.  I have a report I pulled way back when, but do I really need to start taking screen shots of every deal I enter in case I need proof that the company name gets changed at some point?

Tues- Thurs is practices.  Friday we have DH's whole company Christmas party. Saturday is Christmas at MILs.  I'm supposed to take the scalloped potatoes (because that makes sense to give the people traveling an hour to get there). I've never done them in the crockpot, but we'll give it a whirl this year.  It can't be worse than the boxed shit she usually makes.

• I took today off; no real reason expect I have vacation time, the next few weeks are going to be crazy busy and I just wanted a Monday off. I did a 4 mile run, went to see my sister and my niece, then came home and I’m watching some tv. I’ve got to run to Lowe’s and I’m making some stew for dinner. 

Not a bad day so far. 
  • kvruns said:
    Btw, not a football fan but why is winning against the Rams so victorious?  Are they the best in the league?  Thought that was the Pats....?  Again, not a football fan :) 
    Safe assumption with the Pats, but not this year. They're still better than most, just not as good as they normally are. The Rams are arguable the best offense in the league and definitely top 2 overall teams. This was only their second loss of the season.

The Rams other loss was to the Saints much earlier in the season.

Which is why the Saints are #1 in the NFC, even though they have a tied record with the Rams (11-2).

The only other team to have as good of a record is the Chiefs, also 11-2; however, they are in the AFC.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:

Which is why the Saints are #1 in the NFC, even though they have a tied record with the Rams (11-2).

The only other team to have as good of a record is the Chiefs, also 11-2; however, they are in the AFC.

The Bears defense got me 20 points last night!
  • kvruns said:

Yes, I am aware of this. I think both the Saints and the Rams are better than the Chiefs (and now especially with the loss of Kareem Hunt). Kinda wish the Bears were AFC because our playoffs are going to be a bitch. 

But my secondary team is the Chiefs so I'm hoping that by some act of god it's Bears vs. Chiefs for the Super Bowl. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I have the flu. Ironically I was supposed to get my flu shot this week. But here I am. Everything hurts including my teeth and eyeballs. 

Luckily my my doctor prescribed me Tamiflu so I'm going to go pick it up as soon as the pharmacy texts me. 
  • I have the flu. Ironically I was supposed to get my flu shot this week. But here I am. Everything hurts including my teeth and eyeballs. 

Luckily my my doctor prescribed me Tamiflu so I'm going to go pick it up as soon as the pharmacy texts me. 
    Oh no! That sucks! 

Hoping the tamiflu works fast!

Oh no! That sucks! 

Hoping the tamiflu works fast!
    Thank you!! 
  • Aw, man, sparklepants I hope you feel better soon! How ironically annoying that you were supposed to get your shot this week.
  • Feel better soon @sparklepants41!!

Oh no! That sucks! I hope you're better soon. 
  • I feel like my office manager is running a game on me.  I've checked with 3 different people in the office and no one else has to turn in what they're doing make up time for.  But somehow, I have to tell.  It's just annoying.  

Good weekend.  I really didn't do much of anything, which is still a totally novel thing in life.  I binge watched The Runaways, which was pretty good.  We had K's roller derby Christmas party which got....weird, but it was fun after that when it was just me, K, and another good friend hanging out.  I'm really worried about the upcoming  semester and balancing everything, but that's their thing to deal with.