Wedding Woes

It's Friday!

Have you guys seen that meme thing of the guy like, "It's that time between Christmas and New Years where no one knows what day it is" because YES. That is so true.

H and I have a weekend of house stuff planned. I'm cleaning out closets and cabinets and de-crapping and he's changing light fixtures, outlets, looking at the leaky sink in the bar, stuff like that. Then NYD, H, my sister and I are getting up long before the ass-crack of dawn to get to South Bend (2-ish hours away) for the Winter Classic. I'm excited to cross both Notre Dame and Winter Classic off my bucket list. 

I hope everyone has a great new year!
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: It's Friday!

• I have no idea what day it is AND I’m working it’s all weird. 

I got home late last night and I’m still sleepy, but at least all the family time is done. Our new roof was finally finished yesterday, more work is being done on our I-beam in the basement today, and we get a new hot water heater tomorrow. Goodbye money. At least the first two are coming out of the rehab loan/mortgage so we’re not paying out of pocket. 

We dont really have NYE plans yet. H is bad about planning but he never wants to hang out with my friends on NYE because they do big, fancy parties (which is so not his style). I’m fine to skip this year but it bugs me then he doesn’t take initiative and make actual plans. Maybe I’ll just get some great steak & seafood, make Mac & cheese and we can stay in and drink champagne. 
  • @ShesSoCold have fun at the winter classic!

@charlotte989875 We're looking at major house projects this year as well. The hot water tank was replaced a couple years ago, but I fear that we need a whole new roof at some point in the first half of the year and at any time the furnace could go (32 years old). 

Here at work for the first time since last Friday. Hopefully I won't be here all day. We're moving to the building next door next week so it's mostly finishing up year end stuff today and starting to pack up my stuff.

This weekend will be mostly hanging out and maybe starting to take down Christmas. The tree is bone dry and the puppy won't stop chewing on it and I'm tired of yelling at her. New Year's Eve, H and I are going to a fancy 3 course dinner at our favorite restaurant and then possibly going over to a friend's house after. 
  • I am the only person in my office and it is glorious. I’m ignoring the phone, doing a handful of things, and then I’m cleaning out a years worth of old paper and files and leaving early. 
  • Yeah, this is a weird week for sure. It's like I had 2 Mondays. One on actual Monday, and again on Wednesday. 

I really don't want to do anything tonight, but my brother is guilting me into going to see his band play tonight. MEH. 

Tomorrow we're going to Le Bernardin with our friends! I can't wait. It's a special holiday party thing in their upstairs room. 

NYE we're going to a masquerade ball at a friend's restaurant. NYD we have an early dinner at my uncle's house. 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2018
    I only know it's Friday because I had to work today (the only day I work since last Friday and until the 2nd), so I had to keep track of my days. 

We went shopping yesterday and it was a zoo.  But we got some good deals.  DefConn's with my mom today and they're going to see Mary Poppins.  I'm a little jealous, but at least I don't have a bored kid in my face.  ;) 

Tonight will be low-key.  Tomorrow DH is going to get the treadmill  eliptical machine from his uncle.  Apparently, FIL is coming over to watch college football.  Sunday, we might go to the auto show and then it's win or go home for the Colts on Sunday night football.  Monday, we're going to a wake (DH's uncle's FIL passed away just before Christmas) and then I guess to FIL's for NYE.  NYD we'll get up and do brunch with FIL and SIL (and I guess his grandma will come over?) and then head home...I guess.  I'm just along for the ride re: NYE.  I will just make sure *I* have plenty to drink.  ;) SIL is staying with us next week, which is awesome.  She never gets to stay with us like this and I adore SIL. 

I saw some friends that live in NOLA posting on FB about flooding.  I hope @short+sassy is all right. 
  • Most of you have great plans for NYE!  I'm jealous.  My H and I aren't doing anything (as usual).  He can't even stay up that late anymore, lol.

I might take a page out of @charlotte989875's book and plan for a yummy meal at home, with champagne.  Steaks ARE sounding good!

One thing I'm looking forward to is, because 2018 is NOLA's Tricentennial year, they are doing fireworks displays in four different neighborhoods, including ours.  The one for our neighborhood starts at 9PM.  Depending where it is, we should be able to see it from either our back deck or our front porch.  In addition, every year they shoot off fireworks over the MS River.  We can see the higher ones for that show from our house.  Our poor Izzy dog!  Time to get her Thundershirt out.

Super busy day at work.  Then a pretty busy afternoon.  I have a Walmart grocery pick-up today.  I'm also picking up a prescription there and maybe making a return.  I fear the return line (so soon after Christmas) and will retreat if it is too busy.  I also need to make a Costco run, bank run, and other errands either today or tomorrow.  Ugh, too much.  It's going to be hard raining for days, which is also a drag.  But it's a 4-day weekend for me starting at 11ish AM today.  So, overall, woo-hoo! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I only know it's Friday because I had to work today (the only day I work since last Friday and until the 2nd), so I had to keep track of my days. 

We went shopping yesterday and it was a zoo.  But we got some good deals.  DefConn's with my mom today and they're going to see Mary Poppins.  I'm a little jealous, but at least I don't have a bored kid in my face.  ;) 

Tonight will be low-key.  Tomorrow DH is going to get the treadmill from his uncle.  Apparently, FIL is coming over to watch college football.  Sunday, we might go to the auto show and then it's win or go home for the Colts on Sunday night football.  Monday, we're going to a wake (DH's uncle's FIL passed away just before Christmas) and then I guess to FIL's for NYE.  NYD we'll get up and do brunch with FIL and SIL (and I guess his grandma will come over?) and then head home...I guess.  I'm just along for the ride re: NYE.  I will just make sure *I* have plenty to drink.  ;) SIL is staying with us next week, which is awesome.  She never gets to stay with us like this and I adore SIL. 

I saw some friends that live in NOLA posting on FB about flooding.  I hope @short+sassy is all right. 
    I'm all right!  Thanks for thinking of me.  There's a flash flood watch in the NOLA metro area until noon today.  Though it hasn't been hard raining at all since I woke up.  It was crazy windy and rainy last night, to the point where it even woke me up a few times because the wind and rain was so loud.  But I don't think it flooded anywhere in the city.  At least not yet (sigh).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • K has a show for NYE.  I'm glad, b/c otherwise I think we'd just be staying home.  Also, we have some kind of crazy outfits planned.  We bought holographic chaps and I think we're either just doing the harness up top or a cool tape design and they'll be showing a LOT of skin while doing a hysterical country style mash up of every song about butts you can list.  :smiley:

I'm so glad it's Friday.  I just want the week to be over so I can sleep more.  No big plans, just some batch cooking and cleaning.
  • We don’t normally do anything for NYE. Last year, I went riding, came home early enough to take a bath and then watch the laser show at the burj khalifa. DH was asleep, lol.

This year, my mom will be arriving at 7pm on the 31st so I doubt she will be awake at midnight. We might be 10hours in the future but it is still a long travel day and idc how much you sleep on the plane and how amped you are about getting here, you have about 2 hours before you crash after deplaning.

• @ShesSoCold, we keep working on a Youtube Page, so once it's up and got some decent content, I'll share it with you.
  • I debated picking up an extra shift at work today but then I slept terribly so I decided to skip torturing myself. Tomorrow I am forcing FI to go to his first ever optometrist appointment. He’s never been because he swears he has perfect vision...which, he probably does, but there’s more to an optometrist visit than a Snellen chart and his dad has macular degeneration so it’s really important he goes. Now I just have to work on his sister, who has also never gone. Meanwhile I’m like “hey doc, how many monies would you like today?”

@charlotte989875 I know how you feel about the house. We have an old craftsman and we’re constantly repairing it. A few weeks ago FI got on the roof to clean out the gutters and we realized our timeline for replacing the roof had moved up from the projected 5 years to next year. Ugh. So expensive. 

For NYE we are planning on dinner with FSIL and FBIL and then going out to some of our old haunts in our old hometown. It should be budget in the most hilarious and fabulous way. 

• levioosa said:
    I debated picking up an extra shift at work today but then I slept terribly so I decided to skip torturing myself. Tomorrow I am forcing FI to go to his first ever optometrist appointment. He’s never been because he swears he has perfect vision...which, he probably does, but there’s more to an optometrist visit than a Snellen chart and his dad has macular degeneration so it’s really important he goes. Now I just have to work on his sister, who has also never gone. Meanwhile I’m like “hey doc, how many monies would you like today?”

@charlotte989875 I know how you feel about the house. We have an old craftsman and we’re constantly repairing it. A few weeks ago FI got on the roof to clean out the gutters and we realized our timeline for replacing the roof had moved up from the projected 5 years to next year. Ugh. So expensive. 

For NYE we are planning on dinner with FSIL and FBIL and then going out to some of our old haunts in our old hometown. It should be budget in the most hilarious and fabulous way. 
    That’s a bummer! I hope your have an easy roof to fix. Ours only took 2 days and was less expensive that I had originally thought. It’s just hard watching the money just fly out of your account. 

I miss our craftsman a lot. I do love our new house but the craftsman was just my ideal space. 
  • Today’s our mildest day as far as temperature but it’s pouring, which is a bummer.  I’d wanted to take the kids to the zoo one day this week.  We visited my sister who just bought a new house with her FI instead.  There were only like two pieces of furniture so they couldn’t really wreck anything which was nice.  Nothing planned for the weekend.  I always stay in for NYE...the last two years I actually set an alarm for 11:57  :# I’m 34-going-on-84 lol