Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower

I am planning a bridal shower for my future sister-in-law and I want to do a few games with prizes. How many games would you recommend? How many prizes would you give out per game? What type of prizes would you recommend?

Re: Bridal Shower

• Could be my circle, but around half of the showers I’ve attended haven’t had any games at all.  If guests are sitting with the right people and there’s an open bar no one will need games   ;) If your heart is set on a game, I’d keep it to one. I really like the left-right game (google bridal shower left right game) - there ends up being one winner per table.  The prize is typically a bottle of wine or the centerpiece (a nice floral arrangement).

If you want to do gift-opening bingo, make it optional.  Mini champagne bottles are a nice prize as guests start getting bingo.
  • I would keep the games minimal. No more than 3, tops. And keep them simple. And don't make them all super active because many people don't like those. 

I was recently at a shower that had 11, yes, eleven, games! They were all short games and you got points so the top few people in number of points at the end got prizes. I'm one of those people who's fairly competitive and loves shower games, but, wow, was that a lot! It was way overkill. And even being "short," they were still close to as long as the regular shower games I've played. 

Games I like and that seem to go over well - gift bingo, word unscramble, who knows the bride the best. 

Most prizes I've seen are relatively inexpensive. I've done things like small notebooks, pen sets, candy, a mini measuring cup (kitchen-themed shower), lotion. I realize this depends on the person receiving it, but the best prize I ever got was a bottle of a face mask/scrub. I could pick one of 3-4 that were set out. I think I would have liked any of them, but I specifically chose a charcoal one for my acne skin. It's great, I've mostly used it up, and I just happened to see it at a store I shop at a few weeks ago, so I'll be buying it to use some more! 
  • I agree, no more than 3!
  • I am planning a bridal shower for my future sister-in-law and I want to do a few games with prizes. How many games would you recommend? How many prizes would you give out per game? What type of prizes would you recommend?
    Another vote for 0-3 games max. And I would definitely make at least one of those a passive game (like the “can’t say X word” game). Honestly my favorite showers have been ones with no games, great food and an open bar. 

• eileenrob said:
    Could be my circle, but around half of the showers I’ve attended haven’t had any games at all.  If guests are sitting with the right people and there’s an open bar no one will need games   ;) If your heart is set on a game, I’d keep it to one. I really like the left-right game (google bridal shower left right game) - there ends up being one winner per table.  The prize is typically a bottle of wine or the centerpiece (a nice floral arrangement).

If you want to do gift-opening bingo, make it optional.  Mini champagne bottles are a nice prize as guests start getting bingo.
    There won't be any alcohol because the bride is only 19 and most of my family does not drink including myself. The theme of the bridal shower is Disney. The bride loves Disney especially Beauty and the Beast and a Nightmare Before Christmas. The only game I have planned so far is Disney bingo.