Destination Weddings Discussions

Serious Venue Issue! Not Sure What to Do...

2»

Re: Serious Venue Issue! Not Sure What to Do...

• sparklynn said:
    I am getting married in Puerto Vallarta in October next year and posted previously for advice on various resorts in the area...after reading the (many) posts on here I added a disclaimer that yes it was going to be our legal wedding and was attacked for that. When I clarified that I had read previous posts the response I got was to look for a more specific forum if I was looking for advice on Puerto Vallarta.

I check this page periodically to see if there is anything on here that would be useful, but if you are looking for honest, real discussion/feedback about a destination wedding there probably isn't much you'll get from here.

#justsayin
    You were not attacked here in any way. People asked if you truly were getting married in Mexico, and like a PP said, you were praised for that. 
  • sparklynn said:
    I am getting married in Puerto Vallarta in October next year and posted previously for advice on various resorts in the area...after reading the (many) posts on here I added a disclaimer that yes it was going to be our legal wedding and was attacked for that. When I clarified that I had read previous posts the response I got was to look for a more specific forum if I was looking for advice on Puerto Vallarta.

I check this page periodically to see if there is anything on here that would be useful, but if you are looking for honest, real discussion/feedback about a destination wedding there probably isn't much you'll get from here.

#justsayin
    Really? We don't give "honest real discussion/feedback" because we're not Mexican wedding planners who have experience with all of the resorts in Puerto Vallarta? Because like PPs said, everyone was excited that you were getting actual married there and your question was related to venue selection. 

Don't be mad at us for not doing your research. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • No one is mad at you for not doing "my research." Before anyone bothered to give any helpful advice I got a lot of "your disclaimer makes me believe that you aren't really getting married in Mexico."

All I'm saying is that when I was planning my first wedding and we were considering a destination this board was very supportive and fun, people shared ideas and didn't automatically assume the worst of someone posting here for advice. Reading the posts its not surprising that this page gets very little traffic these days, which is sad.
  • sparklynn said:
    No one is mad at you for not doing "my research." Before anyone bothered to give any helpful advice I got a lot of "your disclaimer makes me believe that you aren't really getting married in Mexico."

All I'm saying is that when I was planning my first wedding and we were considering a destination this board was very supportive and fun, people shared ideas and didn't automatically assume the worst of someone posting here for advice. Reading the posts its not surprising that this page gets very little traffic these days, which is sad.
    You have a "way" with words.  I have read and re-read that post.  There is not one single word that can be construed as anything even remotely close to being "attacked".  You are now also claiming that you got A LOT of "disclaimers" before one glimmer of helpful advice.  You got ONE.  And it was from me.
    Your words, poorly chosen and placed in quotes, implied that you were either already married or planning on marrying prior to your DW.  I asked one simple straightforward question using the most benign language possible.  I then explained what caused me to pose the question in the first place, again using the most basic verbage.  The very next poster offered helpful insights and suggestions. That post was followed by others that not only congratulated you, but offered best wishes. That post was again followed by helpful hints and suggestions.  I again offered congratulations and explained again just why the inferences were made regarding whether your DW was your legal marriage ceremony. 
    Words matter, as does the mindset with which you read them.  All I'm saying is that you became defensive for no reason and were unable to get past it.
  • I'll be the one to say - welcome to what every bride out there encounters when it comes to hotel blocks.  I NEVER use the block because 9:10 I can get it for far less booking individually.  The only time it's helpful is if there's a mega-event in town at the exact weekend as the wedding and hotels are booked for miles around, otherwise, its best to only block the forced minimum for your event.  And ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT BEFORE SIGNING!