Wedding Woes

Monday Suckday

How was everyone's weekend? 

Stupid effing Bears. Stupid effing goalposts. Stupid effing playcalling. Stupid effing way to look stupid. 

Anyway...other than the heartbreak (and the added salt of Robbie Gould - one of the GOAT kickers who we waived 3 years ago, was AT THE GAME) of the Bears, I had a good weekend. I survived tattoo removal #3. They went after the red this time and not just the black, so it took longer, hurt like fuck and now it's all blistering (they said it would and it's normal). Other than that, I had a nice relaxing Saturday. 
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Monday Suckday

• I was pulling for your Bears last night @ShesSoCold! That ending was brutal. 

Weekend was good. Except our jacuzzi tub started leaking through the ceiling. We don’t know where the leak is coming from and to find it we’re going to have to cut a hole through the drywall in our walk-in closet. I’m bummed. Mainly because I just bought a bunch of new bath foams after we replaced the hot water tank. It’s one thing after another with new houses right? 

Saturday we went out with friends Sunday was football, laundry, resting up. Tomorrow is my big deadline at work so hopefully today is the last of the craziness! 
  • Yeah from the replays and talk I heard -  I hear that game was brutal.  We didn’t watch that or the Golden Globes (I think I’ll have to watch The Favourite soon) We were watching “the best thing I ever ate” because - priorities.  BFF had her daughter’s birthday party on Saturday. Skipped the kids play room part and went right to the drinks/apps afterwards. #kidlesslife.  It was fun. Sunday I spent most of it driving, picking up H from work because he had a flat.  He’s getting it fixed today.  

• Ugh, the Eagles!! Look, y'all know I'm not into football at all, but I am into having a happy husband. The Bears' solid season kept him happy.

Icing the kicker like that was a fucking dick move. A real dirty move. That was a bad win and karma is going to kick them in the fucking ass when the Saints trounce them next week. 

It is weird that our kicker has hit the goalposts on 6 of 11 misses, because, what are the odds? But he made that first kick that should have counted if not for stupid rules that allow a team to call a time out at the last microsecond. 

• Weekend was relatively quiet - cold and rainy and raw on Saturday so we got a bunch of things done off of our To Do Lists and had fun playing indoors with Babypants. Then yesterday we ran errands in the morning, but the afternoon weather was SO WEIRD. It was sunny and warm (warm for January in New England - in the 40s) and then all of a sudden the sky got dark and it started snowing, then HAILING, and then that turned into the largest fluffiest snowflakes I have ever seen. H was fixing one of our baby gates so Babypants, the pup, and I sat by the french doors to our deck and watched the weather. It was super peaceful and fun to see how mesmerized Babypants was. 

Today I have things to do, but they aren't time sensitive, so I am not going to do them because I really don't feel like it. LOL. 
  • What a way to lose it @ShesSoCold, sorry  :s
    Christmas decorations are down following the Epiphany and although I love the season I’m happy to have less clutter/clean spaces.  Meeting with a parent in a little while who I’ve been trying to get in for a while...hoping the meeting actually happens.  
  • We were rooting for the Bears.  Parkey stunk that place up.  :/  As a Colts fan, I understand.  We suffered through the Vanderjagt (Vanderjackass) years.  We did try out and cut Parkey during training camp.  

Weekend was OK.  Lots of cooking and cleaning.  Christmas has left the building and this mama is happy about that.  Our tree was up way too long for me (it blocks me from seeing the TV in the living room while I'm cooking).  Our living room seems HUGE now that it's gone.  ;) 

YAY for the Colts win.  The second half was kind of ridic.  We can't fuck around like that against the Chiefs.  

The kids go back to school tomorrow.  Thank god.  
  • I saw the field goal and laughed this morning as the Today show guy was saying "doink, doink" and 6let was laughing at the bear.  Sorry for the fans though.

Last Wednesday night 6let got invited to play in a tournament in Cincinnati.  We planned to do down and back both days (2 hrs one way) but at 8 am Saturday morning decided to turn it into an overnight.  Call time for the first game was 10:55.  After a mad rush to pack and get out the door (and hit the ATM and gas station) we left. 

We won the first game by a healthy margin.  Lost the second by a healthy margin.  6let played AWESOME.  In between games we had lunch, checked in, and hit Jungle Jim's grocery (https://junglejims.com/).

Saturday night we hit the manager's reception for snacks and cocktails and the kids swam A TON.  Then we ordered room service and got a crappy night's sleep.  Sunday was pancakes and omelets and more swimming (once they reopened).  Then game three with another loss:(

Apparently after the second game the coach was trying to talk to the team.  A mom started screaming at the coach's wife (CW) that her kid didn't have  enough play time.  CW tried to say this wasn't the time or place for the conversation.  Mom kept screaming.  CW told her to check the parent agreement she signed which includes a 24 hr no-contact period after games. Mom kept screaming about the guest players getting more time (my kid was a guest player who had a ton of time).  Mom dropped a lot of f-bombs in front of all the kids, parents, other teams, and the world.  Except us.  We didn't hear about it until Sunday.  The kid didn't come back for the Sunday game.

• The Eagles/Bears game was crazy and my heart was pounding the last 5 minutes of the clock! But sorry Bear fans, but my Birds pulled out the win! The kick wasn't totally on Parkey, one of our line backers, Hester, got a finger on the ball and tipped it. 

Our weekend was good and quiet. DD cough is lessening and her congestion is also so much better. She is back at school today and I swear if they call about a temp, I may loose my shit on them. We have been temping her all weekend and she hasn't had anything above 100 since Thursday. She was in the 98s yesterday and today.

Charlotte - sorry about your tub! Hope it's just some simple caulking that will fix your problem!
  • Ugh, the Eagles!! Look, y'all know I'm not into football at all, but I am into having a happy husband. The Bears' solid season kept him happy.

Icing the kicker like that was a fucking dick move. A real dirty move. That was a bad win and karma is going to kick them in the fucking ass when the Saints trounce them next week. 

It is weird that our kicker has hit the goalposts on 6 of 11 misses, because, what are the odds? But he made that first kick that should have counted if not for stupid rules that allow a team to call a time out at the last microsecond. 
    That is absolutely weird. It's not easy to hit the posts. I would think Parkey's post-hitting stats are up there.

The kick was tipped, BARELY, so at least I feel a little better about that. Before I knew that, though, I was all irate. We knew kicking was an issue. All season. He has not been reliable and we chose to do nothing about it. So we deserve to be eliminated via bad kick. Can't keep doing the same shit and expect a different outcome.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2019
    Someone brought in white chocolate pretzels.  It’s my downfall.  I don’t even like white chocolate but put it on a pretzel and it’s a game changer.

That mom is NUTS 6.  Aren’t you glad you didn’t witness that? 

• DH is trying to show Chiquita the mechanics of football and there was an audible "OH NO!" at the dinner table last night.

Weekend was fine.   Saturday Chiquita and I went to town on her room.   It was in DIRE NEED of an overhaul between the b-day and Christmas gifts and tons of things just not put away.   We came up with new storage solutions, moved things around and now she has way more floor space and a usable desk.   The challenges of a small bedroom!

Saturday night we had dinner at the ILs which was fine although Chiquita gets wrapped up when people have fun the wrong way.   We constantly have to work on this with her.   Knowing when to let go isn't one of her strengths and it wasn't one of mine either. 

Sunday we went to church and then I took Chiquita to Mary Poppins.   I loved it.   It was all of the things that you want in a movie with a happy ending and it made me smile.   The first is still one of my favorites of all time but I think Emily Blunt did a great job. 

The 5 day work week starts today.   

Ooof, sorry to all the Bears fans.  It was a brutal way to get bumped out of the playoffs.  I didn't even think about that the Saints may have just acquired a whole bunch of Bears fans for this weeks game, lol.

My H and I had a really nice weekend.  We went out to dinner last night with a friend we hadn't seen in awhile.  It was nice to catch up.  Though, although the company was great, the food and service were sub-par.  Oh well.

Super busy day at work, today.  And I'm soooo tired!  I must find a way to persevere.

I've decided my New Year's resolution needs to be going to bed early enough to get 9 hours of sleep every night, lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @banana468 I'm so happy to hear you loved Mary Poppins! I am dying to see that movie, but don't know anyone who has seen it yet. (Some of my friends have never even seen the original?!?!?!?!)  :o
  • Holy shit, 6! What a crazy mom! Will there be any consequence or anything?

I've never seen Mary Poppins, old or new.  :s 

Put me down for this too.  I don’t have a desire too, either.  Emily Blunt does very little for me.  For me, it’s a watch at home movie if anything.  I do have tickets for Holmes & Watson for tomorrow.  

• today is the first day of school post break...except my child burst into tears 3 x in a 4 hour period on Saturday night, and was not better on Sunday and is running a 101 fever, so, not so much.  Also missing scouts and therapy, which, ugh.  She NEEDS to get her butt back to speech but to many of those kids have issues and are medically fragile, so we try not to snot up the place.

We de-christmased yesterday, except the nativity scene, because I"m to lazy to open all 25 boxes and pack carefully.

I'm spending the rest of the day making her do scout homework and play math games w/ me, damn multiplication memorization.

• I feel like the only person here who didn’t watch the game! Lol. 

@charlotte989875 fingers crossed the tub is an easy fix. 

Weekend was okay. We went up to the cabin and it snowed which was pretty and peaceful. My dad was in a mood though and my parents bickered a lot over the weekend which was not super enjoyable. They also brought their new dog up to the cabin. She has anxiety issues so we can never leave her alone, which meant we couldn’t leave the cabin so all meals had to be cooked there. It turned the weekend into a lot more work with all of the cooking and cleaning. It would have been nice to do at least one meal out. But at least we got to see a winter wonderland for a little while. 

Today I am getting some stuff done around the house and stressing out about seeing the doctor tomorrow. I am so exhausted I feel like I could sleep all day. 

Put me down for this too.  I don’t have a desire too, either.  Emily Blunt does very little for me.  For me, it’s a watch at home movie if anything.  I do have tickets for Holmes & Watson for tomorrow.  
    I heard Holmes & Watson was terrrrrrrible. Really, really bad. May want to save that for when it's rentable via some format. 

I heard Holmes & Watson was terrrrrrrible. Really, really bad. May want to save that for when it's rentable via some format. 
    I heard this too.   

You can definitely watch the movie in your home but there's something magical about seeing it on the screen and as someone who loved the original it was great to see the cameos by Dick Van Dyke and the actress who played the original Jane Banks.   Plus I took my 8 yo and the theater was PACKED with other kids and parents. 

I have ZERO desire to see Holmes and Watson.   Like - I may throw it on one Saturday when the toilets need to be scrubbed. 

Oh yeah i wouldn’t be seeing this if it was out of pocket but we’re on the A list monthly pass so I’m just wasting time at this point.  H wants to see bumble bee.  I want to see second act.  This is our compromise.  Lol

• I loved the original Mary Poppins (and the Broadway version was one of the best plays I’ve seen) and I’m looking forward to the new one.  I can’t see watching Lin-Manuel, Colin Firth, and Meryl Streep not being enjoyable.
  • eileenrob said:
    I loved the original Mary Poppins (and the Broadway version was one of the best plays I’ve seen) and I’m looking forward to the new one.  I can’t see watching Lin-Manuel, Colin Firth, and Meryl Streep not being enjoyable.
    And Angela Lansbury!!!!
  • My SMIL took my daughter to see Mary Poppins and they both loved it.  I'm a little sad it wasn't me going with her, but glad they will have the memory.
  • Weekend was quiet. I’m fighting off a cold, so I mostly just relaxed.

DW is bummed that the Seahawks lost Saturday. I’m just grateful my Browns pulled off a better season than the previous few.

Work was a cluster. Some *very* messy emergencies during the weekend, and we have brand-new attorneys who are still settling in. We survived, though.

We are car-free at the moment. My transmission went out in October, and the car is too old for it to be cost-effective to fix it. When MIL moves up here, we’ll share her car; in the meantime, we live in a walkable neighborhood with good public transportation. The only things we really need a car for are grocery shopping (we walk or bus it to the store, then take Lyft home) and visiting friends and family who aren’t on a bus line. We rented a car through Turo for Christmas, and it was awesome. It was cheaper than a traditional car rental, and the owner we rented from was super nice. I’ll definitely do it again if we need to.

We met my brother’s new GF at Christmas. She is one of the best things that’s happened to him. Stbx-SIL is dragging her feet on the divorce, which sucks, but he and the niblings are much happier.