Wedding Woes

Tuesday

i noticed the lack of love for Tuesday again!

what’s shaking?  Currently I’m looking at options for our upcoming cruise.  So far I have a glass blowing class for us and a nice dinner on the ship for H’s actual birthday but I’m debating on buying him another excursion or something he can open since it’s his birthday while we’re cruising. I’m sure he likes tangible objects over experiences.  Also, we’re bookin our 2020 cruise too.  Great deals at the beginning of the year.

Re: Tuesday

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2019

Not much going on with me today.  A good bit of work at the job, but things are at least calmer than they were yesterday.

My H is meeting me Downtown when I get off work and we are having a date night.  Nothing too fancy.  We're going out to dinner at Gordon-Biersch (small national chain).  But we like that restaurant and usually have good beer and a good meal there.  Should be fun!

I was just reading an article that (supposedly) the government shutdown will not be impacting tax refunds.  Not sure how it wouldn't since I read the IRS staff is only running at about 15% right now (I did not verify this info).

My HUD payment was delayed two days because of the government shutdown.  Not a huge deal, in the grand scheme of things...though annoying because one of my mortgages comes out of that account on the 3rd...but worrying for what could be coming in the future.  Not even so much for me (but yeah on that, too).  But, if HUD stops paying landlords for subsidized housing, there will be slews of evictions all across the country for the most vulnerable members of our society.  An almost sci-fi worst case scenario that's never been seen before.  But I don't think we can count on anything being too far-fetched nowadays.

I mean, I'd like to think that Trump would put the housing security of 1.2M people and all the government employees currently not getting their paychecks, way ahead of some pointless border wall.  But then I ruefully laugh at how untrue that is, as I type it. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    SSC at first I was like "oh no who died" and then I laughed when I finished the sentence.
    SAME!  I was like, "What kind of dick job does she have that they deny bereavement?!"  LMAO

• Hahaha sorry, I should have put the "Death of the season" before "bereavement".

Yay for daytime empty houses! 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Oh! And I thought this was funny.

So last night H was looking for something in my purse and I had just thrown a handful of tampons in there. Regular and lites. H is looking at them and says, "uhhh, honey? Can I ask what the difference is between left and right tampons?"

I had NO IDEA what he was talking about until I saw the "R" and "L" on the wrappers. Hahahahahahahaa. 
    Oh man I would have had some fun with that one - like "The left one is for my left fallopian tube and the right one is for my right fallopian tube."

Babypants finally went to bed after 9pm last night after a 2-hour cyle of fall asleep/wake up screaming/get comforted. Then she woke up screaming at 4am. I was worried about a possible ear infection so I took her to the pediatrician this morning. Just a virus. So after I gave her some Motrin and was finally able to get her to nap, I was able to log on to work - only to see that I had a meeting at 9:30 this morning that I had scheduled and completely forgot about in the sleepless stupor/drama. I texted H that it is impossible for one person to get work done with a toddler around - much less a screaming toddler, so he is leaving work early to come home and let me get some stuff done. 
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2019
    Oh! And I thought this was funny.

So last night H was looking for something in my purse and I had just thrown a handful of tampons in there. Regular and lites. H is looking at them and says, "uhhh, honey? Can I ask what the difference is between left and right tampons?"

I had NO IDEA what he was talking about until I saw the "R" and "L" on the wrappers. Hahahahahahahaa. 
    "Have you not paid attention to where you've been putting it all this time?!?!?!" 

ETA: to be said to the H and not to you @ShesSoCold
  • Ooooooh that’s good @ShesSoCold. Nothing much here. Trying to get some reasonably healthy snacks back in this house!  Dh bought me a granola bar maker thingy for Christmas so I’m giving it a whirl.

We’ve been spending too much on groceries lately so I’m trying to cut that back too. $58 yesterday and I’m hoping it will last. The first bunch of bananas are already gone though. 
  • Left and Right tampons. I am dead. 
  • Prayers for your family Banana!
  • @banana468 sending your family & your ILs hugs & good vibes. 
  • I’m sorry @banana468. Prayers for your in-laws. 
  • T&p’s for your inlaws Banana
    and loving the L and R tampons! My favorite tampon skit comes from family guy:
    “Close your purse. I can see your tampons. And why do you need six? What happens to you?”— Stewie to Lois.

i just came back from lunch.  Holy moly do I need a nap.  It’s not even 1:30.  How do I get through the rest of the day? 

S+S, I read that article too, about the refunds.  Hope that’s true because I tend to file as soon as humanly possible. 

• Prayers for your family @banana468 and I hope baby starts feeling better @sparklepants41. Lmao @ShesSoCold thank you (or your H?) for the laugh.

Super busy day at work so just catching up now, parked in the car waiting for the kids to get out. Watched half of Bird Box last night and can’t wait to get the kids down and watch the other half later.
  • In other news:  is sears that good that we have to save it?
    yay for the jobs staying open, of course, but I haven’t entered a sears in years -  so its a legit question.  Do people like it?

• T+P's Banana!!  
  • @ShesSoCold I laughed too hard at that!

Hope all is okay @banana468!

I'm struggling with the full week as well, athough I shouldn't be since I'm off tomorrow for Family Day at the Capital!  It's H's final swearing in and first day of session.  It's jam packed with activities for the Legislators and their families, I even get to sit with H on the Floor and overall if (should) be a blast....

... as long as his mom falls in line.  Ya'll I have struggled to not violate the blood talks to blood rule becuase I just want to call her up and put her in her place.  Instead, he invited an Aunt and Uncle to "handle" her for the day.

She has complained about going, complained that she can't wear jeans, complained that she has to walk, yet threatened that if there is a wheelchair she will make a scene (I had his staff arrange for one anyways - she's two weeks away from a knee replacement), complained about where she's sitting and told H he is being cocky about the whole thing (he's not cocky at all, for real, I'd check that ish real quick.  But this is a big deal and she refuses to acknowledge that).  

• @CharmedPam I like sears because I can return lands end items there. Otherwise it was just the easiest way to get to the kid play area (that I don’t need anymore THANK GOODNESS)
    “Close your purse. I can see your tampons. And why do you need six? What happens to you?”— Stewie to Lois.

i just came back from lunch.  Holy moly do I need a nap.  It’s not even 1:30.  How do I get through the rest of the day? 

S+S, I read that article too, about the refunds.  Hope that’s true because I tend to file as soon as humanly possible. 

I usually have to pay anyway.  So I don't really care about that aspect.

But I know they doubled the standard deduction this year and got rid of a lot of the itemized ones.  I didn't even know any of that until a couple months ago.  So I'm feeling very topsy-turvy and have no idea how all of this is going to affect me and that I might have really effed this year up.

And if I should change how I do things for next year.  I might even have to break down and see an accountant.

My taxes are already so complicated because I have my personal taxes and my LLC taxes.  And my personal taxes have W-2, I-9 income, and rental income.  And my I-9 and rental income have a lot of expenses related to them.  So I am REALLY confused on some pretty major aspects (sigh).

For example, I have a lot of expenses associated with my I-9 income from my p/t gig.  But, if it would normally make sense to do a standard deduction for my personal stuff, should I set up another LLC and do my side gig as a business instead (going forward)?  And then I could deduct those expenses without it affecting the standard deduction, which is just for my personal taxes?

And that's only one of my issues.  I'm just thinking out loud because I'm feeling so overwhelmed and tired by all of it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy my blind/Deaf mom relies on her SNAP benefits.  It's bad enough when her Social Security increased this year by $32/month her food stamps were reduced by $34 and now this?!  She's fortunate, because we can afford to pitch in as needed, many people on SNAP don't have that luxury.

• Oh, no, Banana. All my good vibes going your SIL & BIL's way. <3
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

I usually have to pay anyway.  So I don't really care about that aspect.

But I know they doubled the standard deduction this year and got rid of a lot of the itemized ones.  I didn't even know any of that until a couple months ago.  So I'm feeling very topsy-turvy and have no idea how all of this is going to affect me and that I might have really effed this year up.

And if I should change how I do things for next year.  I might even have to break down and see an accountant.

My taxes are already so complicated because I have my personal taxes and my LLC taxes.  And my personal taxes have W-2, I-9 income, and rental income.  And my I-9 and rental income have a lot of expenses related to them.  So I am REALLY confused on some pretty major aspects (sigh).

For example, I have a lot of expenses associated with my I-9 income from my p/t gig.  But, if it would normally make sense to do a standard deduction for my personal stuff, should I set up another LLC and do my side gig as a business instead (going forward)?  And then I could deduct those expenses without it affecting the standard deduction, which is just for my personal taxes?

And that's only one of my issues.  I'm just thinking out loud because I'm feeling so overwhelmed and tired by all of it.

Im impressed that you’ve ever done this without an accountant!
  • banana468 said:
    Guys thanks for the T&P.   I don't have a lot of info right now but my SIL and BIL need a miracle for their unborn baby.
    I'll get M on it. <3
  • Oh no, Banana. I hope all is OK.