Wedding Woes

It's Wednesday

Anything exciting going on? 

I got nothin'. 
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: It's Wednesday

• I feel like it should be Friday already. 

Also not nuch today. Yesterday was a huge work deadline I’ve been working toward for a while. I got home last night and crashed. Still a little sleepy and just ready for the weekend. Supposed to have a huge storm tonight/tomorrow so maybe we’ll get snowed in. 
  • My H and I had a nice dinner last night!  Good beer and I had the Shrimp/Mango soft tacos, with a creamy lime and siracha sauce.  We had fried cheese curds as an appetizer.  The curds themselves were the meh/fine I expected them to be (fried cheese is only okay to me) but...the hot bacon dipping sauce they came with, whoa!  I need the recipe so I can slather it on everything, lol.

Not much else going on for me, today.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been sick all week and today is the worst I've felt so far. I'm so ready for Friday so I can sleep all weekend. Here in the office today and still putting out fires from open enrollment. Post OE is the worst - bring on February.

@charlotte989875 Fingers crossed for a snow day for you (but without any damage)! So far we only have a winter weather advisory where I'm at.
  • Feel better @cupcait927

It's my day off.  I've already stripped my bed and DefConn's bed.  I'm running laundry and dishes.  I need to go to the store later and I might go to my fave little boutique in town.  But I also kind of want a nap. I am thinking about tackling the closet in our living room because it's clutter and disorganization makes me BSC.  We can probably get rid of 1/2 the shit in there.  

I've been cooking out of Chrissy Tiegen's 'Cravings' cookbook since I got it for Christmas.  OMG, y'all.  It's amazing.  Everything I've made hasn't been perfect, but I've made some recipes more than once and tweaked stuff to make it to our taste.  Last night I made prosciutto wrapped stuffed chicken breasts and they were amazing.  No one in my house is complaining, that's for sure.  ;) 

It dropped 30 degrees from yesterday to today and I'm watching the snow blow around out there.  Looks like a snowglobe.  
  • I'm already onto Friday as well. Babypants was up (and VERY unhappy) at 2am and didn't go back down until just before my alarm was set to go off at 5. 

I'm tired. I'm grumpy. I just want to go home, put on sweatpants, watch TV, and eat comfort food that is especially bad for me. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2019
    Weather is nuts, yo!
    mrsconn, I bought both those books upon recommendations  but haven’t tried anything yet!

i was up at 5:20 instead of 5:40.  Why?  BIL was mad texting (it’s 6:20 eastern which is STILL to early!) H and his sisters and sent like, no kidding, 30 in a row! Woke me up but H slept through it.  I had a talk to him this morning.  Put it on silent when he knows he wont get called for work.  Crazy.

last night I made some low carb/sugar free brownies that were to die for! Although the last time I made lasagna in the oven, cheese dripped down and burned the bottom and I forgot to clean it.  Popped brownies in and the kitchen was uber smokey. Oops!

edit because I hit post way to soon

• Year is off to a rough one for Chiquito.   Santa should have brought him listening ears because his current models SUCK.  We have told him he's not allowed any TV or Mario Kart and last night was an EARLY to bed night. 

Today we continue to process and pray.

• mrsconn, I bought both those books upon recommendations  but haven’t tried anything yet!

Unless you like things really spicy, I'd halve the amount of spice she recommends.  She and John Legend apparently can handle a fair amount of heat.  ;)  

I'm making her chicken lettuce wraps for a second time tonight.  They were a huge hit the last time I made them.  I held back on the Siracha.  DH and the kiddo added more, but it was perfectly fine for me and DefConn. 
  • mrsconn23 said:

mrsconn, I bought both those books upon recommendations  but haven’t tried anything yet!

Unless you like things really spicy, I'd halve the amount of spice she recommends.  She and John Legend apparently can handle a fair amount of heat.  ;)  

I'm making her chicken lettuce wraps for a second time tonight.  They were a huge hit the last time I made them.  I held back on the Siracha.  DH and the kiddo added more, but it was perfectly fine for me and DefConn. 
    Both H and I don’t.  It’s what I like about the homechef meal kits too... you can adjust the heat in dishes.  And we found out.... we’re really really wimpy.  I guess I should turn the coffee table books into something useful soon.  I have been meaning to try something out from the books.

• My H and I had a nice dinner last night!  Good beer and I had the Shrimp/Mango soft tacos, with a creamy lime and siracha sauce.  We had fried cheese curds as an appetizer.  The curds themselves were the meh/fine I expected them to be (fried cheese is only okay to me) but...the hot bacon dipping sauce they came with, whoa!  I need the recipe so I can slather it on everything, lol.

Not much else going on for me, today.

Your post just made me super hungry, haha. That meal sounds amazing, and I adore cheese curds. 

• I'm doing another round of Whole 30 and you all are NOT HELPING with all your delicious food talk!! 

I got Chrissy Tiegen's Cravings for Xmas too and I can't wait to start trying things - I don't think there's one recipe in there I wouldn't use.  This week feels long already, but it's been good so far.  We still need to take down Christmas decorations but other than that, the house is in good shape. 

I need to get my butt in gear and start going to the gym more before work.  Especially when it's still getting dark at 5pm, I really hate getting home at 7ish - it feels like it's so late already. I genuinely enjoy the cold weather but I wish it could be cold and light out until 8:30!!!

@banana468 - thinking about you and your family. 

@mrsmitten - good luck today!!!  Enjoy it and I hope MIL behaves!

• I’m trying a new lunch option (Trader Joe’s chicken instant ramen) and it’s good enough to be in the rotation once a week. Trying really hard to get out of the Christmas routine of simply eating all the chocolate all the time. 
  • I’m trying a new lunch option (Trader Joe’s chicken instant ramen) and it’s good enough to be in the rotation once a week. Trying really hard to get out of the Christmas routine of simply eating all the chocolate all the time. 
    The more you eat it now, the sooner it’ll be gone and not around to tempt you  ;)
  • @levioosa- I hope you get some answers soon.

I tried to find new recipes in old cookbooks last night and it did not go well.  I'll post here later.

My MIL is driving me nuts with the "what do you do with your free time?" bs.  Bitch I don't need to justify my day to you.

I was busting my butt to get my house ready for small group tomorrow (which is really just making sure there's nothing a baby can choke on).  I have PTO instead so I stopped cleaning.

Our friends are moving to Austin and I'm sad.

• Recipe recipe finds:
  • Thank you all for the T&P.   My SIL will have additional testing later this month and in the meantime are coming to terms with their present reality.

• eileenrob said:
    I’m trying a new lunch option (Trader Joe’s chicken instant ramen) and it’s good enough to be in the rotation once a week. Trying really hard to get out of the Christmas routine of simply eating all the chocolate all the time. 
    The more you eat it now, the sooner it’ll be gone and not around to tempt you  ;)
    I like your logic, @eileenrob

Way to go, @VarunaTT! Let me know how you like the instant pot. I’ve been thinking of getting one.

Another hellish day at work, but at least I was able to wrap everything up before I left for my medical appointment. Nothing major, just a check-in with my psych nurse.

The temperature dropped about 30 degrees last night, and now we have cold winds. We even got a little snow. Tonight, I had to put salt on the driveway for the first time this winter.
  • @levioosa, I'm sorry to hear you are still in so much pain and still don't have answers.  I really hope they find the cause soon and it's a better diagnosis than what you're thinking.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn said:
    Recipe recipe finds:
    I just watched Ree Drummond make something super similar to the "Harriet's Appetizer Crackers" and I remember thinking, "Is she doing to serve these next to a jello salad?".

I love old ridiculous recipes. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • 6fsn said:
    Recipe recipe finds:
    I just watched Ree Drummond make something super similar to the "Harriet's Appetizer Crackers" and I remember thinking, "Is she doing to serve these next to a jello salad?".

I love old ridiculous recipes. 
    I especially love that the recipe specifies "rectangle crackers."

Don't even think about using crackers that are circles, squares, or (God forbid!!!) triangles. 
  • levioosa said:
    Procedure yesterday went smoothly, and it looks like things are clear from that perspective pending the biopsy results. It’s a good and bad thing. Good because I really didn’t think I fit the diagnoses they were sure I had (and said diagnoses really suck), bad because now I am back at square one in figuring out why I am in so much pain and why I’m having the symptoms I’m having. I think I know what’s wrong and it also is a really shitty diagnosis. The next step in figuring it out is also going to require exploratory surgery, so that’s great. I’m so tired, and all of this is expensive. 

School starts today and then I work the next three days. I might die on Sunday. 

@short+sassy that food sounds delicious!

@banana468 T&P for you and your family

@VarunaTT congrats! 

@cupcait927 feel better!

@mrsmitten good luck today! I hope everything goes smoothly! 
    I missed this earlier. Sending you all the healing vibes, and I hope you get some answers soon!
  • levioosa said:
    Procedure yesterday went smoothly, and it looks like things are clear from that perspective pending the biopsy results. It’s a good and bad thing. Good because I really didn’t think I fit the diagnoses they were sure I had (and said diagnoses really suck), bad because now I am back at square one in figuring out why I am in so much pain and why I’m having the symptoms I’m having. I think I know what’s wrong and it also is a really shitty diagnosis. The next step in figuring it out is also going to require exploratory surgery, so that’s great. I’m so tired, and all of this is expensive. 

School starts today and then I work the next three days. I might die on Sunday. 

@short+sassy that food sounds delicious!

@banana468 T&P for you and your family

@VarunaTT congrats! 

@cupcait927 feel better!

@mrsmitten good luck today! I hope everything goes smoothly! 
    That sucks levioosa, I really hope you get some real answers soon!
  • That’s frustrating @levioosa, hope you start getting answers soon.

I love Ree Drummond and sometimes fantasize about life on the ranch (hello Ladd  B) ) but sometimes when she talks about things her mom used to make for parties I’m like “huh?” Things like those jello rings.  It’s regional as much as a food from a particular decade.  My grandmothers weren’t making those recipes up there ^ not a criticism, just an observance.