Wedding Woes

FRIDAY

Who's in the path of the snowpacalypse?  We could get anywhere from 3 to 12 inches, apparently.   And then the temps are going to plummet. 

Still feeling eh because of this stupid cold I have.  They opened up OT over the weekend, so I'm trying to figure out when I'm going to work or if I'm just going to burrow and sleep all this off.   What's up for your weekend? 

Counseling with DH went really well yesterday.  I'm going to continue to go on my own and he'll drop in here and there.  He liked my counselor and I think she really helped us both to resolve some of the things that we've had come up time and again or just not dealt with. 

Re: FRIDAY

• I am in the path! We're getting anywhere between 4 and 14 inches. 
  • I'm in the path. We're supposed to get anywhere from 11 to 17 inches, possibly up to 20. I already have my Walmart grocery pickup order scheduled for tomorrow at 11 am so I don't have to go anywhere near the craziness that is already happening at Wegmans. This weekend will be full of hunkering down with the dogs, watching football, movies and naps. I'm also debating using one one of my two floating holidays to take Monday off, since H has it off (works for a bank).
  • I don't even know what we're supposed to get anymore. It keeps changing. But I do know that it will snow tonight into tomorrow. Hopefully Pam can give me the local forecast. LOL 

Lots of cleaning and purging for us this weekend. Hoping to clean out the basement, crawl space and garage. I'm hoping we can find room in the garage for our garage sale stuff so we don't keep mixing it up with the shit we want to keep or having to store it in a bedroom. 

We're going to be on some other MLS list before we're officially listed as for sale so I want to keep the bedrooms and inside of the house as clean and clutter-free as possible. 

I hope everyone stays safe and warm this weekend!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Yeah I’m a baby when it comes to driving in the snow.  I don’t like it.  And honestly, coming from Canada where the roads are way worse - I should be OK with them.  I have a 9 a.m. oil change and a 1:00 windsheild chip repair.  Thats all that’s lined up for the weekend. Hopefully I have a chance to eat some stuff out of my freezer because I liked it when I bought it!  Now it all seems “meh”. 

Lol SSC I don’t know either! 3-8”?  I don’t think I’ve seen anything predicted over 8 yet? Some people are getting it at 3. Some 7. I’m hopin we get an early out because it’s a day before a Holiday anyway and we usually do.

6, sorry for the extra load of laundry that’s been bestowed on you.
    mrsconn, glad the session went well.  I say work the OT, and THEN sleep 😁

• I think we're getting an ice event at best.

I'm home with a puker.   At least at the age of 4 they know how to aim.   Chiquito said, "Mom!   I puked in the garbage TWO times" and he held up two fingers. 

Here's the update on my niece.   My SIL needs additional testing and then more results but as it stands now my SIL is expecting and has a very real possibility of carrying a baby to term who will be stillborn or will pass very shortly after birth.  Signs in the US indicate a genetic disorder that has not proven to be survivable.   

I cannot imagine what my SIL is going through.   This week my MOH gave birth to her first and I burst into tears looking at the pictures of her beautiful daughter.   Our hearts are heavy and explaining to Chiquita what's going on has been hard enough for us as aunt and uncle.   I can't imagine how BIL and SIL need to tell their kids what's happening.

So if you are a person of faith and can say a prayer or a million they are appreciated.   If that's not your thing and just want to say a word that's great.   This one is hard enough in news and I can only imagine that things are going to get tougher. 

• @banana468 I am so sorry for your family. St Gerard is the patron saint  of difficult pregnancies. A friend is going through something similar for the second time. Our priest gave everyone a beautiful prayer and I’m trying to find it now. 
  • 6fsn said:
    @banana468 I am so sorry for your family. St Gerard is the patron saint  of difficult pregnancies. A friend is going through something similar for the second time. Our priest gave everyone a beautiful prayer and I’m trying to find it now. 
    One from this link?  I have referred to it recently:
    http://www.saintgerard.com/stgerard.html 
  • Oh my gosh, banana. I'm so sorry. I'm not religious but I will think good thoughts and send good vibes. I hope that if I'm wrong and that there is a guy in the sky listening, that he'll hear me too. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • We're in the 1-3" and supposed to be finished before 9am tomorrow am.  I have done too much planning and money spending on K's bday to have snowpacalyse!!

I'm so glad today is Friday.  I'm ready for a fun weekend and to be out of my office!
  • Banana, that’s heartbreaking and of course they are in my prayers.  Sorry they have to go through that :(

• T+P's @banana468.  I'm so sorry your BIL/SIL and whole family is experiencing this. ((hugs)) 
  • I will say a prayer for your family @banana468. I can't even imagine going through such an experience. 
  • T&P @banana468 during this difficult time.  My BFF's daughter went through L&D with a pregnancy loss.  It's so heartbreaking.
  • Oh @banana468 all the good thoughts & vibes for your family. That’s heartbreaking. 
  • I'm in the path. We're supposed to get anywhere from 11 to 17 inches, possibly up to 20. I already have my Walmart grocery pickup order scheduled for tomorrow at 11 am so I don't have to go anywhere near the craziness that is already happening at Wegmans. This weekend will be full of hunkering down with the dogs, watching football, movies and naps. I'm also debating using one one of my two floating holidays to take Monday off, since H has it off (works for a bank).
    Pretty much the same forecast here in Buffalo. What bank does your H work for? I also work for a bank and have Monday off. 

Not much here. H has a diaper party Saturday night and I’m thinking I’m going to stay in and relax with the pets. I have to try and squeeze my 10 mile run in before the snow gets bad. 
  • @banana468 I'm so sorry. Thinking of you and your family. 
  • All your prayers going to your ILs and to you too @banana468..just heartbreaking 

We’re in the path too, but the forecast keeps changing.  We got like 2” this morning and the kids were disappointed they couldnt make a snowman while I was brushing off the car before school..I was like “more is coming this weekend..maybe”. And everyone is off Monday but the high is 12 degrees, yikes!  Last January we’d already had several single digit days, but it’s been more mild this year, so 12 sounds painful.
  • We were not in the path of snowmageddon, the forcast has changed and now we are expecting 5-8".  No big plans this weekend but we are to meet some friends for breakfast tomorrow so we'll see if those plans are still on when we wake up.
    Pretty much the same forecast here in Buffalo. What bank does your H work for? I also work for a bank and have Monday off. 

Not much here. H has a diaper party Saturday night and I’m thinking I’m going to stay in and relax with the pets. I have to try and squeeze my 10 mile run in before the snow gets bad. 
    It's a small regional bank in our area. I'm always jealous of the holidays that he gets off. 
  • Banana - My BFF was in your SILs situation, almost exactly, so I understand how you must be feeling in all this too.  Prayers for your SIL and baby.  I won't get to the fine details, but the best way I supported my friend (I'm basically her sister, as she has no siblings), was to just listen to her and all of her fears.  I also offered to be the one who shared info with friends she designated, so that she didn't have to keep retelling the news one by one to friends.  And I also told her that if she wanted a distraction from anything, I would go over and talk to her about anything else.  When they were in the hospital for the last day, a friend and I purchased meals and junk food.  I had a key, so I stopped over before they were home and put everything away for them.

My friends were also able to find a funeral home that did a cremation ceremony.  My friend was able to take the ashes home, some were put into a necklace she still wears everyday and the rest were put with a tree planted in baby Sunshine's honor.  A favorite quote of my friend's during and after this pregnancy was the Dr. Suess one "Don't cry because its over, Smile because it happened."  It helped give her some solace.

We are going to be in the rain/snow mix, turning over into all rain.  I'm not looking forward to that.  DD and I have to go back for our recheck with the lice lady on Sunday.  I hope the weather allows us to get that check in.  The only other thing we have planned for the weekend is church on Saturday and then putting Christmas away.  Our tree is still so beautiful and full of needles!  It's a shame to take it down.  But we are well past the Epiphany now!

Thank you.

We are a bit far away but thus far has sent money to help with things that they may need help with.

They're enrolled in prenatal hospice and from what I gather they are planning a Baptism and a funeral.   I haven't spoken to her directly but just said, "When you want to get me I'll answer the phone."

• I’m so sorry @banana468. I went through something similar with my bff a few months ago and it was the most awful, shitty thing. Hugs and T &P for you and your family. 

I am sick. I started feeling it last night and sure enough it hit me like a ton of bricks. I’m ready for the weekend. I was supposed to go to a friend’s birthday party but I think I’ll skip it and try to rest instead. Good vibes for everyone in the snowpocalypse tonight! 

What is a diaper party?
  • Sending lots of good thoughts and good vibes for your family @banana468

Sorry you’re sick, @levioosa. Sending healing vibes.

Back at work today and sneaking in a quick hello. We’re supposed to get anywhere from 10”-15”. Yay lake effect. That ought to make the Women’s March a lot of fun tomorrow. I went back and forth about going because of the issues with anti-Semitism at the national level, but I have a *lot* of people in my feminist Meetup who have given their RSVPs, so I feel like I can’t back out. So I will be there, bundled up, holding a sign, and hoping people find me. 

Sunday and Monday is the last of the cleaning upstairs. Hoping that won’t take long. I’m probably going to make vegetable soup and beans and rice too, and maybe bake some Irish soda bread.
  • MNNEBride said:
    I'm in the path. We're supposed to get anywhere from 11 to 17 inches, possibly up to 20. I already have my Walmart grocery pickup order scheduled for tomorrow at 11 am so I don't have to go anywhere near the craziness that is already happening at Wegmans. This weekend will be full of hunkering down with the dogs, watching football, movies and naps. I'm also debating using one one of my two floating holidays to take Monday off, since H has it off (works for a bank).

What is a diaper party?
    Maybe this is a regional thing but friends of a father-to-be host a party where all the guys bring boxes/packages of diapers for the impending baby. They all do tons of food & drinks and celebrate before the baby comes. 
  • I've never heard of a diaper party before. That's interesting.