Wedding Woes

Wicked Wednesday

2»

Re: Wicked Wednesday

• Our school just cancelled for tomorrow too. Noooooooooo. 
  • For those of you who don't frequent other boards, you can now upload an avatar - thank you TK! For some reason MobKaz and I were the only ones for awhile now that didn't have the two eyed button instead of our avatar. Now you can have one plus a signature and pictures too!!!! Will wonders never cease!
    Woohooo! Thanks!!!
  • Yeah the freeze is in effect till tomorrow at noon!  We’ll see.

• Healing vibes to your dad @OurWildKingdom and ugh sorry work is yanking you around @mrsmitten
  • And good luck @mrsmitten.   
  • Casadena said:
    Question for you ladies in the vortex - do you think you'll be shut down tomorrow as well? 
    My office hasn't issued any closure yet and I doubt they would close for 2 days.  But tomorrow morning is supposed to be just as cold as today so I'm holding out hope.
    I was going to say this exact thing. The air temp, without windchill will be -27 at my normal start time. H’s work van is a diesel so he probably won’t be able to work even if he wants to. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @OurWildKingdom sending your dad some good healing vibes!!
  • Question for you ladies in the vortex - do you think you'll be shut down tomorrow as well? 
    Probably. We know have a state of emergency and my town has a travel ban. All county offices were closed today & many/most businesses, all schools closed today & tomorrow. I’d say even if things are open up here, they’ll be less than capacity. 
  • Question for you ladies in the vortex - do you think you'll be shut down tomorrow as well? 
    It’s supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow but windchills are still supposed to be bad. No news yet about being closed tomorrow.
    They already called off the kiddo's school and my work.  (my work = not a necessity, we don't want people to risk going out for visiting us)

I'm SUPPOSED to have the do my spinal injection tomorrow--I was supposed to have them earlier this week, but the doc rescheduled because of snow.

Last night, I was driving home from the kid's speech therapy, and there's no snow fencing.  I was aiming myself between landmarks, because I couldn't see the road.

I am making bread, and my dog may explode becaause she thinks the outside is impossible to poop in.  Reasonable dog.
  • I have a feeling that our schools will call a 2 hour delay vs. a closure for tomorrow and it will either be done late today or at 5am tomorrow.   No office closures for DH or me (not that my office closing matters because we telecommuters still work). 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I have a feeling that our schools will call a 2 hour delay vs. a closure for tomorrow and it will either be done late today or at 5am tomorrow.   No office closures for DH or me (not that my office closing matters because we telecommuters still work). 
    I was hoping ours would do the same, but they just cancelled entirely for tomorrow.  So now we have these 2 days off and go in for Friday and then off again.  Oy!

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2019
    MobKaz said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    I have a feeling that our schools will call a 2 hour delay vs. a closure for tomorrow and it will either be done late today or at 5am tomorrow.   No office closures for DH or me (not that my office closing matters because we telecommuters still work). 
    I was hoping ours would do the same, but they just cancelled entirely for tomorrow.  So now we have these 2 days off and go in for Friday and then off again.  Oy!

My cousin lives out in the country about 2 hours from downtown Chicago (with no traffic, natch ;) ) and they had school called off Monday through tomorrow due to snow and then the temp plunge.  I get trying to save the end of the school year, but it sounds so silly to go one day.  :)
  • In case anyone was wondering how things were going here in Buffalo... 

• banana468 said:
    A lot of our team members are WFH if they're affected by the vortex.   I talked to one coworker who said it was -22 and that was an hour ago in GB.   That's not a windchill!   The main LTL carriers are just not picking up but last we heard UPS was a possibility at the time. 

I have major respect for anyone who leaves their home today. 
    I just opened the door and that was too much cold for me. 
  • banana468 said:
    A lot of our team members are WFH if they're affected by the vortex.   I talked to one coworker who said it was -22 and that was an hour ago in GB.   That's not a windchill!   The main LTL carriers are just not picking up but last we heard UPS was a possibility at the time. 

I have major respect for anyone who leaves their home today. 
    I just opened the door and that was too much cold for me. 
    I thought the garage was too cold. 6let has training and I’m hoping dh offers to go. 
  • Polar Vortex ladies - stay warm!

OWK - My parents both had knees replaced, they are both a year+ out of surgery and love the decision they made!  They both get around so much better, hope your dad will too!

Charlotte - I didn't know plows were ever removed from the road!

Its been a busy day for me today.  I was able to pop out for lunch and hit Wegmans up.  The polar air that we are getting is just starting to move into my area.  We will be nothing like you ladies out in the Midwest though!  We got one dusting of snow already and wondering if we will be getting any more snow squalls as the air moves in.  My luck it will be just as I'm getting out of work.

H has a conference in Atlantic City tomorrow and Friday.  So tonight we will have dinner out, quick stop at Target to pick up my in-store pickup of Turbo Tax, quick stop in BJs for milk, eggs and gas.  H will take DD to daycare in the morning, then its on me until H picks her back up on Friday. 

• My boss texted me about 20 minutes ago to let me know that we’re off again tomorrow. DW is planning to go out anyway; she has lunch plans with a friend who might still have to work. I made her promise to take Lyft so she doesn’t have to wait for the bus. Not me, I’m going to read, do a writing assignment for my women’s memoir-writing group, and play around with my peace group’s Facebook page. I might tackle some of the housework I haven’t gotten to today. I’ve been busy with laundry and baking. 
  • Schools are closed tomorrow as well.  Work sent out an email basically encouraging folks to stay home tomorrow and either take PTO or WFH.  With very few buses running, parking is a nightmare.  I decided to take PTO tomorrow.  Polar Vortex is to let up by noon.  DH will likely work tomorrow and I could get some things done around the house.
  • Well I was wrong, our office is closed again tomorrow too.  Hope I can actually get logged in to our system and get more work done at home tomorrow!