Wedding Woes

Prudie Day!

How’s everyone doing?

My dad went home yesterday and is in good spirits. He’s going to start physical therapy at home and then when he’s stronger, go to outpatient therapy.

DW left about 15 minutes ago to have lunch with her friend. I salute her, but I don’t think I can do it. 

I’m finishing my laundry and deciding which of the books in my pile I’m going to read first.

Re: Prudie Day!

• Glad to hear he’s doing well OWK! 

I took tofay and tomorrow off; so far I slept in, had some of the best sex we’ve had in a while(!!), read 2 chapters in a book, and I’m about to start painting our guest rooms. Not bad for 11 in the morning! 

Its still cold & snowing although the travel ban was just lifted. Not that I want to go out in it. Charlie (our dog) just went to the door like he wanted to go outside, we opened it and he just backed away slowly. Poor guy loves the snow. 
  • Glad to hear about your dad @OurWildKingdom and yaaassss @charlotte989875.  Today was our cold day, 2 degrees when I dropped the kids off and went into work.  Not complaining, all the props to those of you dealing with the below zero nonsense.  Have my student’s celebration of life tonight but otherwise a normal day.
  • I've been having VPN issues all morning and am about to leave for counseling in in 10 min or so.   (I'm kind of crossing my fingers they'll ask us to come in, and then I'll call off the rest of the afternoon because it will be pointless to go in for about an hour). I will put up Prudie this afternoon.  Sorry for the delay. ;)

In other news, kids are back in school today.  It's still fucking cold as balls.  
  • Good to hear OWK!
    good job, Charlotte.  On everything   ;)

I’m going in to the office around noon.  Right now I’m laying in bed because it’a colder in my house than it was yesterday and right now we’re “slowly warming up”.

nail appoitment after work wven though we ahould be getting some snow and then picking up some wendy’s on the way home because I love their bakes potatoes. Yummy!

• @OurWildKingdom, I'm glad to hear your dad is doing well.  Good luck to him on his physical therapy.

I was sick the last two days and didn't come into work.  No polar vortex to blame it on, lol.  I'm still sick, but felt I needed to make an appearance.

I read through the Tues. and Wed. posts.  Glad you all in the cold zones made it through (and are still making it through) those crazy cold temps.

@charlotte989875, I will have to share with my prissy dog, Izzy, how easy she has it.  She shies away from the door if it drops below 35 degrees or if it is pouring rain.  Our house is raised 2.5'!  She can go do her business without even one drop of rain falling on her, lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My furnace sometimes doesn't work, so it was 12.5 C in our house when we woke up (no idea what that is in farenheit), but it's up to normal temperature now.  We're hoping to get a new furnace installed next week.  It is darn cold out there for Ontario!

My bunnies and chickens are outdoors, but because the bunnies have a better heater, I put the chickens in with the bunnies for the night.  The chickens loved it.  My bunny Bryn looked pissed off until I put the chickens back in their own pen this morning.  

• H left for his conference this morning and dropped DD off at daycare.  I stopped by Walgreens on my way in to pick up the post for put the Pepperoni on the Pizza game that we will play at DD's birthday at the end of Feb.  We are throwing her a pizza party!

I will pick up DD after work and then we will just stay in for the evening.  I bought a pre-made dinner from Wegmans yesterday to have for tonight.  Alfredo penne with grilled chicken and peas - yum!  And there should still be some leftover for a lunch for me too.

Continue to stay warm everyone!  Kerbohl - I hope you get your new furnace quickly!

• I’m glad your dad is doing well, OWK! 

I hope your new furnace arrives quickly, Kerbohl! 

I am meeting FSIL at the gym in about an hour. Then I’m coming home probably to clean up the house and do homework. I don’t think I’ll go into work today. They haven’t called me again and I could use the day off. 

• H and I are home again because of the cold. I may not be able to walk or sit correctly ever again if we keep getting stuck in the house together with nothing to do. ;)
    Same. 
  • H and I are home again because of the cold. I may not be able to walk or sit correctly ever again if we keep getting stuck in the house together with nothing to do. ;)
    Same. 
    Hmmmm I’m doing this “stay home all day” thing wrong....