Wedding Woes

Want to see home pictures?

edited January 2019 in Wedding Woes
I can finally upload pictures again! Remember the siding project we did. Well...

BEFORE: 

During: 

AFTER:
Don't mind the ugly mailbox that I hate. 

Re: Want to see home pictures?

• It looks fabulous! I absolutely love the color of the siding. 
  • That looks fantastic!! I love the color!
  • Wow! It looks so great! Love the color and white trim, it really makes the door pop. ☺️
  • Love it!!!!
  • Oh I love the color! Looks much more modern!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • What a difference it made! Love it!
  • Thanks all! We're so happy with it. 
  • So nice looking!  The dark gray with the white trim is fantastic.  Great curb appeal.

I know it's a sore subject, but I have to ask questions about the mailbox.  Is it a small barrel?  That's what it looks like from the direct front view of the pic.  Inquiring minds want to know! Lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So nice looking!  The dark gray with the white trim is fantastic.  Great curb appeal.

I know it's a sore subject, but I have to ask questions about the mailbox.  Is it a small barrel?  That's what it looks like from the direct front view of the pic.  Inquiring minds want to know! Lol.

You're right! It's an old, small wine barrel that my husband had. He insisted on turning it into a mailbox. 
  • Nice - great job! 
  • It looks great!

• The dark grey is gorgeous with the stone.
  • Beautiful. The grey is so nice with the stone!
  • Love the color! And the mailbox - very cool!!!
  • The color looks great with the stone! I know you must be very pleased with how it turned out.
  • We will be doing our siding this year too!  I was just wondering what did you do with the stone?  It looks redish in your original picture, but grays in the close up.  Did you paint, replace or use that stone overlay stuff?  We have a portion of brick that has not aged well. 

The whole neighborhood is mostly the same house.  But some have what was probably supposed to look like aged brick when the development was built in the early 70s, but now looks really bad.  I can pick out each house that uses the same brick as ours when we drive around.  I so wish our house had the other types of brick that were used!  This would have been a non-starter than!

Recently, two houses have been flipped.  The first house painted the brick.  The other totally covered it up with tile.  The second house looks out of place, but the first house doesn't look so bad.  But we are thinking of doing the stone overlay stuff.  Just wondering what you did and if you have an estimate (if you don't mind sharing) how much that part of your project cost. We probably have a similar amount of brick on our house to cover as you have.

• We will be doing our siding this year too!  I was just wondering what did you do with the stone?  It looks redish in your original picture, but grays in the close up.  Did you paint, replace or use that stone overlay stuff?  We have a portion of brick that has not aged well. 

The whole neighborhood is mostly the same house.  But some have what was probably supposed to look like aged brick when the development was built in the early 70s, but now looks really bad.  I can pick out each house that uses the same brick as ours when we drive around.  I so wish our house had the other types of brick that were used!  This would have been a non-starter than!

Recently, two houses have been flipped.  The first house painted the brick.  The other totally covered it up with tile.  The second house looks out of place, but the first house doesn't look so bad.  But we are thinking of doing the stone overlay stuff.  Just wondering what you did and if you have an estimate (if you don't mind sharing) how much that part of your project cost. We probably have a similar amount of brick on our house to cover as you have.

We actually covered up the brick with the stone. I can't remember the total cost, because the same company also ripped up our old walkway, and put in a new stone walkway. I'll ask my H though, he might remember what it was just for the stone on the house.