Wedding Woes

Friday

My kids are home again!

I am giving myself some pats on the back:
- I have not yelled at my children in these 3 days
- They cleaned their rooms and M2 and I cleaned out her closet
- I finished our taxes
- When I flipped to a W2 employee from contractor I had a 2 week lapse in pay.  I did not have to dip into savings to pay bills
- I have managed 3 weeks of groceries (including card club) for under $200.  I will spend $130 next week, but that will include making 7 meals for 14 future dinners.
- I did not punch the racist, sexist, asshole dad in the face at practice last night.
- I did this while PMSing
- I have not resorted to drinking (yet)

This weekend M2 has her First Communion Retreat and 6let has futsal evaluations (for 7 hrs!)

How's it going for everyone else?

Re: Friday

• It's cold but doable.
    -I had an eyeroll worthy email exchange with a customer yesterday.   Due to the cold in the midwest trucks are not running.   This has caused multiple facilities to be unable to receive raw materials or ship finished goods.   This is out of our hands!    When situations like this arise it's an Act of God.  I informed one customer that an order we originally anticipated shipping by today was going to be delayed due to the extreme cold temperatures that have affected freight and her response was, "This is going to cause additional cost in X, Y and Z."   Well, good news is that you've now been moved down to the bottom of my list as far as customers I'm willing to help.   Your compassion for a company still operational in extreme temps, companies that literally pulled trucks off the road and for a situation that is not something that can be controlled by humans is astounding.     I get it.   It's costly.   It's costly to us.    You now have advance warning to rearrange your plans or stomp your feet.   You're a grown woman.   I highly recommend you do the latter.

Tonight I have a haircut so DH gets the kids.   I'm off to go to the packie and get him a good bottle of whiskey as a birthday gift and maybe tickets to Spaamalot.  Then tomorrow we're off to the ILs for dinner and I'm bringing Carvel cake.   We're celebration both DH and my mom and DH didn't even want me to try to make something from scratch.   Just get the Carvel and those crunchies in the middle and the man is happy.   
  • Does your district add days to the end of the year for snow/cold/whatever days? Just think of the nice quiet summer days you'll have when they're in school until like July! 

I'm back at work. Feels kinda weird. LOL. I haven't been here since Tuesday at 2:00 (and was out Monday) and 45 minutes into my day, I'm already completely caught up. And set up my new apple watch. I may ask to work part time until I leave. This is stupid. 

I LOVED my days off. I baked and baked and ran out of bread flour and AP flour so I had to resort to cake yesterday. Cleaned some odds and ends too. Was so nice. 

I've got my nephew's birthday party tomorrow (and that is reminding me that my other nephew, who I actually see and know, will be one soon! ahhh!!) and obviously the Super Bowl Sunday. 

And 6, I need to take your grocery budgeting class. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Off today. This weekend we got hit with a surprise dinner for my grandfather and I feel obligated to go. It’s not that I don’t want to see him, but the dinner is 2.5 hours away and it’s going to be raining, which means people suck and can’t drive so it will take even longer. But he’s getting older and I don’t want to look back and think about how I skipped seeing him because it was inconvenient. Although I really did desperately need this weekend to do nothing. I’m kind of upset I’m going to have to overstretch myself again. I basically only have two days off in all of February and I’m already exhausted thinking about it. 

I’m extra grumpy today because I slept terribly and had some crazy nightmares. Including one that would have made a great horror movie. I still feel stressed out about it.

I might try cleaning the rest of the house and going through some drawers. I am doneeee with clutter. I can’t wait until school is done so I can get rid of textbooks too. 

• So sick of the weather. The snow made my drive in to work crazy, especially the last few miles from my office where I had to drive over a bridge that goes over the interstate. The bridge was snow covered and super slippery - it was scary. I'm sure my heart rate came close to maxing out going up that hill. 

Need to go to the chiropractor but he's only open for morning hours and I'm not venturing out just yet so I probably will miss it. 
  • Happy Anniversary @eileenrob!

@shessocold- a few years ago we started going to hours of school instead of counting days.  Our district goes so many extra hours we would need to miss over 11 days to have to do makeups.

• Happy Anniversary @eileenrob and a big congrats to everyone on not abandoning their kids. 

I took oil today off and it’s great. H left for camp for the weekend and I’m during errands. I painted the guest room yesterday and will try and paint the other spare room today/tomorrow. 

Im heading to Chicago Monday and Tuesday for work so I’m laying low this weekend and relaxing! 

Anyone have fun super bowl plans?

@6fsn I'm constantly in awe of what you can get done in a day between working, three kids and all of their commitments.

WFH today for me. The puppy was spayed yesterday and she's miserable today. Fred, our 4 1/2 year old dog, is incredibly jealous of the attention that she's getting and alternate between pouting and throwing a temper tantrum. Work is slow today so I'm happy that I'm at home and get things around the house done, but in turn I'm missing out on the Super Bowl party at work and delicious food.
  • Happy Anniversary, @eileenrob

Just catching up on things today and trying to avoid going outside as it is 7 degrees with a RealFeel of -11 (although I'm sure that would feel like a July heatwave to you Midwesterners!!!). 

Have a bunch of errands to run this weekend, and hopefully H & I can squeeze in a much-needed "brupper" out with Babypants. Then Superbowl Sunday - HOORAY!!!

And I am taking a personal day on Monday because I've been feeling inexplicably down lately and I am trying to listen to myself more. 

In classic New Orleans style, we have turned our anger and disappointment over the NFC championship into a party.  Tons of bars and residents are having anti-Superbowl parties.  Last I checked, there were three anti-Superbowl parades rolling.

There is a Boycott Bowl concert on Sunday happening from noon-10PM.  With 21 bands performing!  Not bad for less than 2 weeks of planning.  I'm hoping I can talk my H into going to some of the concert.  Plus, it is near where most/all of the parades will be passing by.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

In classic New Orleans style, we have turned our anger and disappointment over the NFC championship into a party.  Tons of bars and residents are having anti-Superbowl parties.  Last I checked, there were three anti-Superbowl parades rolling.

There is a Boycott Bowl concert on Sunday happening from noon-10PM.  With 21 bands performing!  Not bad for less than 2 weeks of planning.  I'm hoping I can talk my H into going to some of the concert.  Plus, it is near where most/all of the parades will be passing by.

Turning sour grapes into wine in style 
  • Happy anniversary @eileenrob!

Long, busy two weeks. My job is interesting but at times it's overwhelming. Yesterday I had a few hours where I felt burned out. I'm trying to recover from it. 

Looking forward to the Super Bowl. I have no skin in the game, but my brother and some of his friends are rooting big-time for the Rams (live in SoCal, would root against Patriots no matter what).
  • 6, the force is woth you!
    Happy Anniversary eileenrob! 

So there are others out there who didn’t sleep well, huh?  I couldn’t shut my brain off. Hate when that happens! 

Sounds like everyone has fun weekend plans. I’m not one for football but apparently celebrity does a party for superbowl and its worth the attendence.  Last night I went and got a no chip.  When I went and got my pedi the girl had white nails.  I thought it looked cute so did that last night.  I actually love it!

• So busy today!  Just popping in to say hello and wish everyone a nice weekend!  I will be able to read and catch up later!

@6fsn I'm constantly in awe of what you can get done in a day between working, three kids and all of their commitments.

WFH today for me. The puppy was spayed yesterday and she's miserable today. Fred, our 4 1/2 year old dog, is incredibly jealous of the attention that she's getting and alternate between pouting and throwing a temper tantrum. Work is slow today so I'm happy that I'm at home and get things around the house done, but in turn I'm missing out on the Super Bowl party at work and delicious food.
    How is Fred doing? Didn’t he have some health stuff recently?

How is Fred doing? Didn’t he have some health stuff recently?
    Thanks for asking! He seems okay. They didn't see anything in his bloodwork that could be causing seizures so now we're in "wait and see" mode and keeping an eye on him. He did have a seizure that lasted about 20 seconds a week ago but nothing since. 
  • Just posted my soon-to-be vacant rental on Facebook Marketplace.

That's the first time I've used that site.  I'm curious to see if I get a lot of responses from it.  I've heard good things about it from a real estate investing forum I belong to.  But then, unfortunately, NOLA has a much softer rental market than most places.

I've had the rental ad up all this week in the usual places (Zillow, Trulia, Hot Pads, Craigslist) and there hasn't been much action.  Only two showings :(.  One person asked for an application, but hasn't sent it back in.

As an aside, Craig's List used to be THE place for rental ads.  Just a few years ago, it was the only place I advertised.  But nowadays, I rarely get replies from CL.

That's another wacky thing.  I've received dozens of inquiries about the place.  But that's someone taking half a second to click a button on Trulia.  I reply back, usually within a few hours, and address anything they've mentioned.  Offer a some showing times to choose from and to let me know if they have questions.  About 90% of the time I don't get a response back.  NINETY percent!  Not really a big deal, but who are all these people requesting a showing when they apparently don't want one.  It's weird.

I often try calling on the phone instead.  But my voice is shot right now because I've been so sick.  And that just becomes more bizarre and annoying sometimes, lol.

I made calls on Monday.  I had one person hang up on me after I said, "Hi, this is Jenny.  You replied back to my rental ad at (address)."  Ummm...wow...okay.  If they're no longer interested, they can just say that.  No need to be such a rude, f**kwad.

On a different call, someone answered the phone.  A voice said hello.  I said something like, "Hi, this is Jenny.  (Name from reply) had contacted me about a rental I have available at (address).  Can I please speak to (name)?"  Total silence.  After about 10 seconds, I said, "Hello?  Is anybody there?"  Said, "Hello?" a few more times.  By 30 seconds, I said, "I'm not hearing anything from your end, I think we have a bad connection. I'll reply back to your e-mail."  It wasn't a bad connection.  I could hear background noise.  The whole thing was SO weird!

At any rate.  It's one of the things I hate when I have a vacancy.  I have to come out of my bubble and deal a lot more with the general public.  Who are sometimes wacky and have no concept of courtesy.  Not so much referring to the people who don't reply back to my e-mail.  But the hang-up woman.  The people who do schedule a showing with us, but can't be bothered to spend 3 seconds sending a text message back that they aren't coming (we send people a text message 1-2 hours before the appointment time to verify they can still make it).  We implemented that system early on when we realized that people are irresponsible and don't show up 50% of the time.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy anniversary @eileenrob!

@6fsn, you are a rockstar!

Back at work today. I managed to get everyone who had been scheduled the two days we were closed rescheduled, but I still need to catch up on some case plans. Oh well.

Tonight is my usual Friday night meeting. DW is out of spoons, so I just ordered a pizza and will be going to the meeting on my own. 

Tomorrow is my memoir writing group, then meeting with my sponsor, then my other writing group. Tomorrow night, we’ll order food and watch “Groundhog Day.”

Sunday is our annual Super Bowl party at MOH’s. We’re rooting for the Rams, but I’m mostly in it for the commercials, Maroon 5, and our friend V reading the tweets.