Wedding Woes

Monday after the Superbowl

Anyone at work today? Still in a food coma?

Re: Monday after the Superbowl

• My pants are sad as I am with that stupid Pats win.  

It was DH's birthday yesterday so we chilled out at home and I made nachos and sliders and then we had ice cream cake.

I have half a tray of sliders that haven't been consumed yet too.   
  • @ShesSoCold, congrats on achieving lifetime status at Weight Watchers!

Although we watched it, I wasn't into the Superbowl this year and didn't bother making any fun, party food.  My favorite part was in the beginning when Tom Brady's first play was throwing an interception, lol.

I've been really sick for a week and I'm not getting any better :(.  I had really wanted to go to the Boycott Bowl concert on Sun., but wasn't feeling well enough so we just stayed home.  It's just as well.  I've seen pics of, not just the concert, but the whole surrounding area (which is near the French Quarter) and it was Mardi-Gras level craziness and crowded-ness.  I don't like that kind of atmosphere anymore.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I thought the SB was boring this year - the game, the commercials, the half time show. 

We're leaving for VT tomorrow night and I've got a ton of shit to do. Also, the weather doesn't look great for skiing and I'm trying my hardest not to be bummed. But I am. 
  • SSC Congrats on lifetime!

• Congrats @ShesSoCold!

This is the first game I’ve ever really “watched,” and it was all so boring. I think sports are pretty boring I’m general but this game seemed particularly bad. The commercials weren’t all that great either and Adam Levine wore curtains from a 70s motel as a shirt during halftime. I did have a small cheat day and ate some pizza and frozen yoghurt. So good. Unfortunately I slept terribly last night. Maybe 3 hours of sleep. I’m so tired. I have clinic today and then the gym. Monday is definitely off to a rough start. 

• What a boring game.  I made a ton of food for just the two of us and we'll have leftovers for a few days.  Although I didn't hate the halftime show as much as a lot of people.  I think Maroon5 is super talented and Adam Levine sounded great live even though they don't play my favorite type of music.

I'm working on menu planning for the next few weeks so that's been different and kind of fun.  Hoping it will help with the impulse/over-shopping as well as keep the diet a little more on track.

•  SB was terrible all around!  Boring game, unfunny commercials and a half time show that had 50% more nipple than Janet Jackson.  Nuff said.  We went to my brother's house though and DD loved playing with her older cousin!  I love them together! <3

H is going to a friend's place after work today.  They are going to work on their karate forms, which H hasn't done in years.  I hope he picks it back up and they start meeting more regularly.  He is a 4th degree black belt, so its hard to find a person he can actually train under.  But he can practice and keep up on the stuff he already knows.  I always have yoga once a week, but H doesn't do anything.  Even if I offer to pick up DD once per week, so he gets some alone time, he doesn't take me up on the offer. 

Weekend was great.  Saturday morning was the Amish mart and their goodies!  Sunday we went bowling in the morning, then relaxed before making it over to my brother's house.

• Am I the only one not caring about the nipples?    Dudes can show them on TV  - this isn't new although I "get" that this was an issue in a previous performance.   IMO it's not really comparable.   He can show his nipples on TV at any time and women can't at any time. 

Plus - this seemed to be his attempt to be Mick Jagger.   ::eyeroll:: 
  • Congrats @ShesSoCold!

I'm at work for the first time since last Tuesday.  I was wfh on Wednesday and then they asked non-patient staff to either wfh or take PTO on Thurs.  I took PTO and then had scheduled PTO on Friday because DH had a colonoscopy.  The weather was much better then.  On Saturday we had a 75 degree temperature change and ended up with a high of 40 degrees.  It was super foggy and a mess with snow melting but the ground frozen.

Saturday we drove to a funeral about 45 miles away (BIL's sister) and then back to our town for a 50th birthday dinner.

Sunday I went to church, stopped at Ulta and got the car washed.  Then I made my traditional taco soup for Superbowl.  I thought the Puppy Bowl was much more enjoyable than the real game, half time and commercials.

• I didn't watch any of the Superbowl.  I usually watch the half time show, but I have no interest in adding my eyeballs to the shit show of the NFL anymore, in any method.

I'm struggling.  I have a very good friend who just makes terrible decisions regarding dating/relationships.  And there are terrible consequences, quite often.  And I keep supporting her through these terrible consequences.  Last breakup was almost too much for me to handle my own emotions about and involved a suicide attempt on her part and me pushing to have her admitted, which she refused.  We're back at the beginning of the same patterns, with dating lots of people, and the zoom in focus on one of them is starting to happen.  I'm debating internally how to handle it.  TBH, the debate is try to have a conversation which I know will not go well or ghost, to save myself more pain. I don't believe our friendship will be salvageable, based on past experience. 

The weekend was amazing.  Our hotel bathtub was huge and awesome.  We had a fantastic dinner and saw an amazing show.  Followed up with a great brunch with K's college mentor, and then back home.  But now, K left at 9:00 last night to go to work and I won't see them again until Tuesday night at 9:00 pm!  I'm trying not to pout.  :smiley:
  • VarunaTT said:
    I didn't watch any of the Superbowl.  I usually watch the half time show, but I have no interest in adding my eyeballs to the shit show of the NFL anymore, in any method.

I'm struggling.  I have a very good friend who just makes terrible decisions regarding dating/relationships.  And there are terrible consequences, quite often.  And I keep supporting her through these terrible consequences.  Last breakup was almost too much for me to handle my own emotions about and involved a suicide attempt on her part and me pushing to have her admitted, which she refused.  We're back at the beginning of the same patterns, with dating lots of people, and the zoom in focus on one of them is starting to happen.  I'm debating internally how to handle it.  TBH, the debate is try to have a conversation which I know will not go well or ghost, to save myself more pain. I don't believe our friendship will be salvageable, based on past experience. 

The weekend was amazing.  Our hotel bathtub was huge and awesome.  We had a fantastic dinner and saw an amazing show.  Followed up with a great brunch with K's college mentor, and then back home.  But now, K left at 9:00 last night to go to work and I won't see them again until Tuesday night at 9:00 pm!  I'm trying not to pout.  :smiley:
    If you’re up for input, mine is that you have to make yourself your own priority. My vote is have one conversation along the lines of “hey we need to talk. Your last breakup was too much for me to handle. I love you and I wish you all the best, but I also need you to know that I can’t support you through something like that again” and then step way way way back. In part, because I think just ghosting isn’t going to leave you feeling great st the end of the day. 
  • Did anyone else see that tweet- these teams are playing like the winner has to go to the White House and meet Trump?  :D (although he and Brady are pals..). Boring game, meh commercials...halftime was so-so but I don’t understand why it can’t just be Bruno Mars every year.
    Between our anniversary Friday, H’s bday dinner with my ILs Sat and his bday party w/ friends yesterday, I gained 3lbs.  Ouch. Although all of the food was worth it.  I sent as much as I could with guests Sat and Sun so there wouldn’t be leftovers to tempt me...knowing there’s no more Margherita Pizza dip with burrata waiting in the fridge at home helps.

Congrats @ShesSoCold and I’m sorry @VarunaTT, that sounds incredibly draining for you.  
  • Varuna, I am so sorry about your friend.  I agree with Starmoon regarding how to step back.  Take care of yourself.  <3 

SuperBowl was super meh.  My work party was way fun. 

Working on resolving some ongoing shit, but I think we got some real clarity this weekend. 

Work changes are still up in the air.  Bossman doesn't know anything yet.  Grr. 

• Eileen I saw that tweet (well a re-post on FB) and it made me laugh outloud
  • @MNNEBride, I kept clicking back to the Puppy Bowl, while watching the game, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't want to be the person at work who talks about weird medical stuff so i'll complain here. 

Fertility Dr. didn't want to proceed last month with any procedure bc my chicken pox immunity was negative - no big deal.  It's a live vaccine so there is a lot more possibility of side effects - the first shot was no big deal.  I had the second one on Saturday and holy crap.  The back of my arm looks like half a red softball is sticking out of it.  And it's itchy.  And it's making me super crabby and it also hurts.  Totally worth it, but wow.

No other point, I just felt I needed to tell someone.

• Casadena said:

I don't want to be the person at work who talks about weird medical stuff so i'll complain here. 

Fertility Dr. didn't want to proceed last month with any procedure bc my chicken pox immunity was negative - no big deal.  It's a live vaccine so there is a lot more possibility of side effects - the first shot was no big deal.  I had the second one on Saturday and holy crap.  The back of my arm looks like half a red softball is sticking out of it.  And it's itchy.  And it's making me super crabby and it also hurts.  Totally worth it, but wow.

Good luck with the fertility procedures!

Vent away!  My skin does not agree with the environment I live in.  Itchiness is my nemesis and I understand the torture.  1% Hydrocortisone cream or Calamine lotion are the best things I've found for itch, but they're not great.  An OTC allergy pill may help also.  And double bummer, it hurts on top of being itchy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Casadena said:

I don't want to be the person at work who talks about weird medical stuff so i'll complain here. 

Vent away!  My skin does not agree with the environment I live in.  Itchiness is my nemesis and I understand the torture.  1% Hydrocortisone cream or Calamine lotion are the best things I've found for itch, but they're not great.  An OTC allergy pill may help also.  And double bummer, it hurts on top of being itchy.

Thanks!  I used the cortisone cream this morning and it definitely helped - it's such a weird pain/itch combo feeling!  Although i'm sure it's much less intense than ACTUAL chicken pox. 
  • Congrats @shessocold

Varunatt-sounds and looked like a lovely weekend.  Sorry about the friend stuff.

@casadena that sucks

The weekend was sports per usual.  6let had evaluations from 9 am-4 Saturday.  M2 and I had a First Communion Retreat.  It was nice to spend the time with her preparing for the important day. 

Saturday night I took 6let to a pro futsal game. It was a BLAST. They play in a high school gym, so it's nothing major, but it was really fun.  He got to walk out a player, every time they scored he and his buddies ran down the field cheering, and they generally just were boys.  We won 12-8.  Jokes were on twitter today that they score more than the Superbowl teams.

Sunday 6let had another 4 hrs of evals.  Even if he doesn't get picked for National camp it was a great experience.  They taught the kids at the same time they were evaluating.  The lead guy knew 6let's first and last name by the end and even made a joke about his style "he looks comatose, but he makes great saves."

Sunday night I was on gymnastics duty and I got to see M2 nail her beam dismount!

Today I made 9 dinners for the freezer, 1 meal for tonight, 4 dozen muffins, and 4 breakfasts.  Now I have to go volunteer, but I'm tired.  I'm back to the 5 am alarm and it's not going so well.

• Casadena said:
    Casadena said:

Thanks!  I used the cortisone cream this morning and it definitely helped - it's such a weird pain/itch combo feeling!  Although i'm sure it's much less intense than ACTUAL chicken pox. 

Your doc is being very thorough!  I'm not sure if my fertility doc tested me for chicken pox in all of the blood I had drawn!  But I have had the chicken pox vaccine when it first came out, while I was in high school - since I never had it as a child.  My doctor did have my tither (sp?) tested while I was late 20s and I was no longer immune, so I did have a booster given.  Though I have never had a reaction that strong!  If it doesn't get better in another day, I would call your doctor to make sure all is ok!  Sounds like your arm has chicken pox!
  • Vent away @Casadena! Sorry for the side effects you’re facing- hope the treatment is successful soon
  • Casadena said:
    Casadena said:

Your doc is being very thorough!  I'm not sure if my fertility doc tested me for chicken pox in all of the blood I had drawn!  But I have had the chicken pox vaccine when it first came out, while I was in high school - since I never had it as a child.  My doctor did have my tither (sp?) tested while I was late 20s and I was no longer immune, so I did have a booster given.  Though I have never had a reaction that strong!  If it doesn't get better in another day, I would call your doctor to make sure all is ok!  Sounds like your arm has chicken pox!

I found out I had never had chicken pox as a kid either!!  Apparently getting chicken pox when you're pregnant can potentially cause some scary stuff for the baby so I'm glad my Dr recommended it.  These side effects are totally normal, I was just super surprised because the first one wasn't bad at all!

• In Chicago for work. Woke up at 4am, landed & went right to training. Company I’m at took my team out for dinner and now I’m exhausted and going to bed. And I’ll do it all over again tomorrow before flying home. 
  • Casadena said:

That sounds horrible! Hope you feel better soon!

Saturday was fun. Met a couple cool women in my memoir writing group, got and gave some good feedback on my work, did some pretty intense Step work with my sponsor, and got and gave some good feedback at my other writing group.

Sunday DW and I got some things done around the house and then took the train to meet MOH to watch the Super Bowl. At least we had good company and good food.

Today started as a cluster. My coworker I carpool with was way late, so I ended up being late. Also, our network printers were down all day, and any time we wanted to print something, we had to e-mail it to my boss or one of the guys I work with because they both have their own printers.

I did come home and have a nice evening with DW. We watched “A Star is Born,” and I really wish she had warned me I was going to cry. It was a beautiful film though. Lady Gaga can act, and Bradley Cooper can play guitar and sing.
  • Casadena said:
    Casadena said:

I found out I had never had chicken pox as a kid either!!  Apparently getting chicken pox when you're pregnant can potentially cause some scary stuff for the baby so I'm glad my Dr recommended it.  These side effects are totally normal, I was just super surprised because the first one wasn't bad at all!