Wedding Woes

Superbowl Ads - What were your faves?

I liked:

• M+M's chocolate bars -- where Christina Applegate threatens to pull over and eat them if they don't quiet down.
  • Alexa -- Harrison Ford and that adorable Boston Terrier who keeps ordering dog food and treats with her barks.
  • NFL 100th season
  • Budweiser -- Dalmation and Clysdedales going through the corn field.  Because...dalmation and Clysdedales!  Apparently the corn industry is all PO'ed at them now because all their commercials where badmouthing corn syrup, smh.  Okay, and?  It's hardly a secret that corn syrup isn't healthy.  I was surprised it is used in beer, though it can't be much or beer would taste sweet.  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Superbowl Ads - What were your faves?

• The only commercial I noticed was that weird Burger King with the guy with the ketchup and it made me uncomfortable.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2019
    Double post.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The only commercial I noticed was that weird Burger King with the guy with the ketchup and it made me uncomfortable.

My H called it.  He said, "Is that Andy Warhol?"  Apparently it was.  It came from a clip he did (I think for a documentary of some sort, it wasn't originally a BK ad) in something like 1981.  I don't get the point of the ad at all.  And that's even with my H telling me it was Andy Warhol...I would have had NO idea, otherwise...and then my Googling where it came from.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I think that was Andy Warhol, and I agree it was fucking weird. 

The Amazon Alexa one was definitely the best. The NFL 100 was good too. I also really like the Pampers with John Legend. 
  • The NFL players one is the only one I  remember liking. The chunky milk that was something about mint.com which made no sense on the correlation and the Bud Light turned Game of Thrones was confusing.  I don't think I remember any other commercials.   
  • kvruns said:
    The NFL players one is the only one I  remember liking. The chunky milk that was something about mint.com which made no sense on the correlation and the Bud Light turned Game of Thrones was confusing.  I don't think I remember any other commercials.   
    I thought so, too.  I just didn't get it.  Usually the Bud Light medevial commercials are funny.  And it started out that way.  But then the end didn't seem funny.  I've never seen an episode of Game of Thrones and wondered if that's why I felt I was missing something, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Everything was pretty meh to me. The Andy Warhol one was especially odd. I also hated the one with the robot child. 

• The only commercial I remember liking was the Pepsi commercial with Steve Carrell and Cardi B.  I thought that was great.  John Legend Pampers was pretty cute. Agree that the Andy Warhol one was stupid.  I'm actually super surprised that Bud Light got away with calling out Miller/Coors and the corn syrup thing - idk it just felt weird to me.
  • I enjoyed the NFL 100, thought I wish there was a list of all the players there!  I only knew about half of them!

I also liked the Alexa one with Harrison Ford, the Kelly twin astronauts, etc.

But those are the only ones I remember liking.  I missed the Christina Applegate one, that sounds cute!

• I enjoyed the NFL 100, thought I wish there was a list of all the players there!  I only knew about half of them!

I also liked the Alexa one with Harrison Ford, the Kelly twin astronauts, etc.

But those are the only ones I remember liking.  I missed the Christina Applegate one, that sounds cute!

I think it was only on once and it was toward the beginning of the game.  Though I probably just ruined it for you in my above description, lol.  I won't spell it out more, but it's one of those where you are under a particular assumption for the majority of the commercial and then it has a surprise ending. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I liked:

• M+M's chocolate bars -- where Christina Applegate threatens to pull over and eat them if they don't quiet down.
    • Alexa -- Harrison Ford and that adorable Boston Terrier who keeps ordering dog food and treats with her barks.
    • NFL 100th season
    • Budweiser -- Dalmation and Clysdedales going through the corn field.  Because...dalmation and Clysdedales!  Apparently the corn industry is all PO'ed at them now because all their commercials where badmouthing corn syrup, smh.  Okay, and?  It's hardly a secret that corn syrup isn't healthy.  I was surprised it is used in beer, though it can't be much or beer would taste sweet.  
    I also liked these and wished the NFL had listed the players.  I was somewhat surprised Brett Favre wasn't included (maybe I missed him?).

I didn't see the Pampers one with John Legend and will have to google.
  • Washington Post, Democracy Dies in Darkness. 

• I’m going to google the John Legend and Andy Warhol out of curiosity.  I liked the Christina Applegate in that hey-that’s-how-I-sound-when-I-yell-at-my-kids way. 
    The Bud Light one got old after the first one.  Focus on what you’re good at instead of knocking your rivals.  I’m not a beer person so I’m sure I’m wrong, but Lite beers taste the same to me.

• Handmaid's Tale...I am so ready. ;)
  • eileenrob said:
    I’m going to google the John Legend and Andy Warhol out of curiosity.  I liked the Christina Applegate in that hey-that’s-how-I-sound-when-I-yell-at-my-kids way. 
    The Bud Light one got old after the first one.  Focus on what you’re good at instead of knocking your rivals.  I’m not a beer person so I’m sure I’m wrong, but Lite beers taste the same to me.

Me too!  And I don't mean that in a nice way, lol.  I think they taste like beer-flavored water.

There was a commercial a couple years ago (not a Superbowl one) where people were running around in pouring rain, opening their mouths to the sky.  All excited because it was "raining beer".

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • oh!  I also really like the Microsoft one with about the modified controller so that those with disabilities can more easily play video games, etc.  The kid that was kind of narrating the commercial was SO GOOD.
  • Casadena said:
    oh!  I also really like the Microsoft one with about the modified controller so that those with disabilities can more easily play video games, etc.  The kid that was kind of narrating the commercial was SO GOOD.
    Yes!! I think that was the only commercial that made us all shut up and watch it, in a good way. Loved it.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Casadena said:
    oh!  I also really like the Microsoft one with about the modified controller so that those with disabilities can more easily play video games, etc.  The kid that was kind of narrating the commercial was SO GOOD.
    Yes!! I think that was the only commercial that made us all shut up and watch it, in a good way. Loved it.

The other one I liked that was more on the meaningful side was the Google ad that the most requested translated words are "How are you?", "Thanks", and "I love you".

It was especially funny timing for me because I currently have a rental that will be vacant soon.  And I had about 5 Spanish speakers connect with me through my FB Marketplace ad.  I speak a little Spanish, but not enough to have much of a conversation with someone.  It was the first time I'd really used Google for something like that.

Google was a game-changer!  Especially since I was chatting anyway.  I could input the whole sentence I wanted to write and Google popped it right back out to me in Spanish.  Copy/paste into the conversation.  Done.  I realize I probably sound naïve, but I had no idea how well and easily it worked.  I figured, at best, I could quickly find a word here and there.  But to have whole sentences spouted back to me without having to click on anyone's website was awesome.

To give myself a pat on the back, I usually knew what they were asking me.  But it's so much harder to grab the right words to respond back, lol!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Casadena said:

The other one I liked that was more on the meaningful side was the Google ad that the most requested translated words are "How are you?", "Thanks", and "I love you".

It was especially funny timing for me because I currently have a rental that will be vacant soon.  And I had about 5 Spanish speakers connect with me through my FB Marketplace ad.  I speak a little Spanish, but not enough to have much of a conversation with someone.  It was the first time I'd really used Google for something like that.

Google was a game-changer!  Especially since I was chatting anyway.  I could input the whole sentence I wanted to write and Google popped it right back out to me in Spanish.  Copy/paste into the conversation.  Done.  I realize I probably sound naïve, but I had no idea how well and easily it worked.  I figured, at best, I could quickly find a word here and there.  But to have whole sentences spouted back to me without having to click on anyone's website was awesome.

To give myself a pat on the back, I usually knew what they were asking me.  But it's so much harder to grab the right words to respond back, lol!

We have performed full document reviews at work thanks to Google translate! LOL!  We save the really intricate documents for the Spanish speaking attorneys we have on contract, but otherwise Google Translate is our friend!
  • Casadena said:
    I missed that one on TV, but I heard it on YouTube. Love it.

I’m going to have to check out some of these. I thought the Alexa one was adorable.
  • I thought the T-Mobile ads were pretty clever and I loved the Alexa ad, Washington Post, and Microsoft adaptive controller. I missed Christina Applegate/M&Ms and the Pepsi/Steve Carell/Cardi B so I will have to Google those. 
  • Anything with Harrison Ford is usually amazing.  I loved that one. 

• kerbohl said:
    Anything with Harrison Ford is usually amazing.  I loved that one. 

My own puppers is a mutt but, primarily looks like a Boston Terrier with longer fur.  So the dog in the commercial has a similar cute, little face as my Izzy.  It made me an extra sucker, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2019
    The Washington Post, Google, Microsoft and Alexa commercials.