Wedding Woes

Hump Daaaaaayyyyyy

Thank you all for pushing me to make the reservation. 14 courses of Scottish whatever, here we come. H's biggest love language is gifts, and that's my least important, so I'm trying to be better at that for him. I haven't told him where we're going, and I'm going to avoid it. I don't care if he knows where we're going but I was hoping that the tasting menu would be a surprise. We're not good at all at surprising each other. 

My agent, who I can't stand, won't be in the office today so that's nice. And my neighbor, the most annoying person ever, isn't coming in until this afternoon so nice quiet morning for me! I'm going to look for recipes and plan a marathon freezer cooking day for Saturday. I figure if I can crank out 4-5 meals of 4-5 recipes, we can eat those while the house is on the market and avoid dirtying up the kitchen every day. 

And THANK YOU guys who told me I could freeze a lasagna that's already been cooked. We ate a chunk last night and it was awesome! 
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Hump Daaaaaayyyyyy

• I have my fingers crossed about today.  Chiquito was just off last night.   He came home and powered through Mario Kart but then at dinner hardly ate and was PTFO before his normal bedtime.   He slept for nearly 12 hours and woke up just quiet and not himself.   He didn't have a fever but I'm not optimistic unless he pulls himself out of this funk.

• I have my mammogram today.  Fun times.

It rainy and chilly and all my work is done.  I'm seriously considering taking a nap today. 

Do you crockpot? Those would be easy things to freezer prep and help keep the kitchen clean.

• @ShesSoCold, glad it will be a more pleasant work day for you!  When are you all putting your house on the market?

I shouldn't have come in to work today.  It's an especially bad day for my illness...just a cold, but a bad one...that apparently will never end.  But I just have way too much to do, both personally and professionally.  I need to get my new lease finished and sent over to my soon-to-be new tenant this morning.  Even though I have her non-refundable security deposit which is a darn solid sign she is following through, I always feel better when everything is executed and official.  Then I need to finish all my end-of-month reports that I've been lagging on.

I have a mystery shop to do after work.  It's a new client for the company.  So I haven't done the shop before, but I'm familiar with the store and like their stuff.  It's a smoothie kind of place that uses real fruit and juices, so what's not to like!  Other than the extreme overload of carbs (sigh).  But I allow myself a treat every once in awhile and even better when I get reimbursed, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Glad you’ll have a quiet morning @ShesSoCold and I hope Chiquito is more himself later @banana468.  Feel better soon @short+sassy. I liked the all white too @VarunaTT

Two coworkers are annoying me for two separate reasons right now.  My kids are obsessed with make-your-own-anything so dinner tonight is build your own chicken tacos.  Toying with shaking up a margarita to go with mine.
  • S&S, we're shooting for 3/1. We have some things we need to finish up before we can list. 

Yes, 6, crock pots was what I was thinking too. Any suggestions for healthy or healthy-ish recipes? 

I have a pork crock pot recipe that I use for tacos, burritos, stuff like that that I figured I'd prep. Outside of the crock pot, I'm thinking about chicken pot pies and red sauce and meatballs. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @ShesSoCold these two are good I serve the cacciatore over noodle or rice. The cilantro chicken sometimes add broth for soup. 
  • DefConn's sick.  He was miserable all night long, just whimpering and uncomfortable.  :(  Going to the doc here in an hour or so.  The kiddo's sick (cold/sinuses).  DH is home and not feeling so hot either.  I need a hazmat suit.  ;)  At least it's my day off. 

It's rainy and shitty outside.  All the yards are flooded.  

Blerg.  What a freaking stupid week. 

• And these. I dump frozen broccoli in the last 30ish minutes of the teriyaki. They aren’t superstar meals by any means but they get the bellies full
  • Don't even get me started on the State of the Union address.  Speaking of the women in white, I liked how he bragged about more women in Congress than ever before.  Oh, you mean despite your best efforts to keep them from being elected?  Considering many of the freshmen women are Democrats and he supported their opponents in the mid-terms.

I also like how his version of bi-partisanship boils down to "stop investigating me" and "do what I want, because I won't compromise at all".

I am curious about one thing and this is actually trying to be fair to Trump.  Did other Presidents blatantly lie and misrepresent the facts all the time like he does?  And it just didn't get talked about as much?  Or is the new era of rampant fact-checking a direct result of his false statements?  I'm sure, at the very least, Presidents and all politicians will cherry-pick the statistics that best support their own agenda.  But Trump often just makes stuff up out of whole cloth.  I didn't get that impression from previous Presidents and am not sure if I was just naïve or if it's more a Trump thing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Banana & MrsConn - I hope the kids feel better and back to normal soon!

S+S - Fact Checking is something I started to see during W's terms.  Obama has been fact checked too.  But based on all of the Fact Checking I have read over the years Trump embellishes the most.  Reading his fact check this morning, since I was not giving him TV ratings for his ego, I thought "How much longer is this?" because usually they aren't that long. 

I loved the women in white too!  So powerful to see them and they really stood out from the seas of navy/black suits everyone else worse.  I have to find the Dem response, I haven't seen much about it this morning yet.  I did see that Tiffany Trump wore white and the child who was bullied for his last name in DE, Joshua Trump, fell asleep during the speech.  Both of them made me LOL!

One of the attorneys is taking us paralegals out to lunch at Seasons 52 today, so that will be all sorts of yummy!  Tonight we will probably make a family Target run, but I haven't heard if H is willing yet!

• So so so tired. Landed at 1am last night and had a 9am meeting. Also have a 2pm meeting. I’m barely awake. Chicago was great but would have loved to be there longer than 48 hours. 

H had a phone interview that went well this morning! Not sure on the pay yet but all good news otherwise!
  • Thanks, 6!! Those sound super easy!!

And I think I have the same countertops! Are those little specs of a dark plum-ish color?
  • Ugh. Five emergencies before noon, but one got delayed. 

I wanted to watch Stacey Abrams’ response to the SOTU, but I ended up going to bed early. I was up late Monday night and it hit me hard when I got home from my meeting. I hope Stacey Abrams’ response is online somewhere.

DW is in a funk. Normal seasonal depression plus the intense therapy she’s doing. She’s going on a road trip with MOH Thursday through Saturday, so hopefully that will get her out of it.

It’s day 1 of shark week, so I’m dealing with cramps and food cravings. I might go to a meeting or I might go home and keep DW company.
  • Hi MJL!!! Glad you're doing well!