Wedding Woes

Finally Friday

How did everyone’s Valentine’s Day go? Ours went really well. I ordered food to be delivered, we watched one of our favorite shows, and had some wine. I was canceled from work today and I’m not going to lie, it was a welcome reprieve. I have a paper to write today and a lot of studying to do for my upcoming two midterms. 

The weekend is FINALLY here. It felt like it took forever to get here.  

Re: Finally Friday

• Casadena what car are you getting? 

• Nice and low key. H cooked dinner, and we ate and then caught on some shows. 
  • @Casadena I might be getting a new Rav 4 this weekend!
  • @Casadena I might be getting a new Rav 4 this weekend!

I LOVE the new Rav4 but my H is super tall and doesn't fit comfortably.  So we decided to size up!
  • We went to dinner at a little Mom & Pop place.  It's not fancy but food is good and it was not crowded on VD.  Then we came home and had Bundtlets.  Nothing Bundt Cake is new here and I had a coupon for a free little cake.  DH & I have a deal that we get each other cards but then can only spend $1 on each other for Valentine's Day.  So his cake was free and I got a candy bar with my card.

I'm sick of snow and cold.  Expecting another 2-4" on Sunday.  We are breaking the record for the snowiest February ever recorded.  

Saturday we are going out for dinner with our families for my birthday (it's the 20th).  My little brother's bd is 2/17 and he's home so we'll celebrate his as well.  Should be fun.

Sunday will be church and maybe some errands.  
  • DH decided we need to go out to dinner.  So we went to Culver's.  (It just opened down the street and we hadn't been yet.)  We also went to the store real quick for odds and ends.  

Other than that, it was a gloriously quiet night and early to bed for everyone.  I slept wonderfully and I'm going to surprise DefConn at his class party today.  :)

DH got me some candy and a new stainless steel wine tumbler (it's huge!) 

Tonight we're going shopping for food.  Tomorrow is clean up and then we're having a game night at our house.  Sunday is hopefully going to be relaxing. 
  • V’s recent hospital issues made me wonder. Is this story getting national news coverage or just local? This doctor overdosed 34 patients. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dispatch.com/news/20190212/reports-show-former-mount-carmel-doctor-overrode-warnings-pharmacy-approvals%3ftemplate=ampart
  • 6fsn said:
    V’s recent hospital issues made me wonder. Is this story getting national news coverage or just local? This doctor overdosed 34 patients. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dispatch.com/news/20190212/reports-show-former-mount-carmel-doctor-overrode-warnings-pharmacy-approvals%3ftemplate=ampart
    I've heard of that, but it's also in my field so that might be why. 

• levioosa said:
    6fsn said:
    V’s recent hospital issues made me wonder. Is this story getting national news coverage or just local? This doctor overdosed 34 patients. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dispatch.com/news/20190212/reports-show-former-mount-carmel-doctor-overrode-warnings-pharmacy-approvals%3ftemplate=ampart
    I've heard of that, but it's also in my field so that might be why. 
    I've heard about it too.  It was something that I was going to read up more about, but since the world is on fire 24/7...I never came back to it.  ;)
  • VarunaTT said:
    We didn't do much of anything.  This cough just continues to linger, so by the time I'd finished with work, I'm too tired to do anything.  So, we just went to our favorite hole in the wall to do a buy one get one half off entree and came home.  

K and I bought new dishes.  I'm in love with them, even the matching butter dish that was WAY too expensive.  We were able to get these gorgeous matching glasses on clearance at Pier 1.  I think we got 8 full glasses, 8 short glasses, and 2 wine glasses, for $37?
    Image result for noritake colorwave graphite blue

Image result for pier one blue bubble glass

This weekend I'm off from most everything, I think.  K is off on Saturday, so I think we might just see a movie and relax a bit.
    We have a similar set of dishes (same bowl and mug, but round plates.) I LOVE them. We've had them for a while and they're really durable too. We added a few of the decorated accent plates, but now I want more. 

Image result for noritake colorwave accent plates graphite

• H worked last night so I made the kids heart-shaped quesadillas to go with beans and guacamole for dinner...it was fun.  
    Wrapping up 5428 different things since Feb break is next week.  Family party tomorrow and we may go to the Museum of Natural History on Sunday.  My son has taken this extreme interest in dinosaurs.
  • Those plates are awesome.  Loving the color VarunaTT!  And $37?  Shut yo mouth! 
    S+S, glad the delivery worked out for you.  We also had a heart shaped cake with our lunch from portillo’s. I had a tiny piece.  They make cake right.
    sorry for your night Charlotte :(. I also don’t know how to replace a tire.  

My night was Ok.  I started to make the fish tacos and when H was in the bathroom I put on a nighty and cooked in the lingerie.  My plan was for some BCBW but he literally fell asleep right when we finished dinner and the movie went on.  I shrugged. Turned it off.  Watched family by the ton instead and ate 2 sugar free chocolate bars because it was valentine’s day.  And ironically enough family by the ton was about a family of gastric sleeve patients going off the rail 1 yr after their surgery.  

• VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2019
    VarunaTT said:
    We didn't do much of anything.  This cough just continues to linger, so by the time I'd finished with work, I'm too tired to do anything.  So, we just went to our favorite hole in the wall to do a buy one get one half off entree and came home.  

K and I bought new dishes.  I'm in love with them, even the matching butter dish that was WAY too expensive.  We were able to get these gorgeous matching glasses on clearance at Pier 1.  I think we got 8 full glasses, 8 short glasses, and 2 wine glasses, for $37?

This weekend I'm off from most everything, I think.  K is off on Saturday, so I think we might just see a movie and relax a bit.
    We have a similar set of dishes (same bowl and mug, but round plates.) I LOVE them. We've had them for a while and they're really durable too. We added a few of the decorated accent plates, but now I want more. 

Image result for noritake colorwave accent plates graphite

IDK why, but I LOVE square plates.  They fit so much better in the cabinet and the dishwasher.  When we were looking, i was willing to take anything as long as the plates were square, so this is what K picked out of that.  I'm glad to hear they're durable too.  They had good reviews for that, but it's always nice to have a personal story.  I do love the accent plates they have.  I think it's pretty reasonably priced, except for my danged butter dish!
  • Didn't do anything for Valentine's Day.

@charlotte989875, I'm sorry about the tire and hope tonight and this weekend make up for it.
  • Add me to the "i love square plates" club. I have a corel set that I really like (not a fan of heavy plates) and would like to get more
  • Jen4948 said:
    Didn't do anything for Valentine's Day.

@charlotte989875, I'm sorry about the tire and hope tonight and this weekend make up for it.
    Thanks Jen!! Getting out of work shortly and out to dinner tomorrow night with some good friends should (hopefully!) do the trick! 

Hope you have a good weekend!
  • Still no word on 6lets evaluation. Booger. 
  • Busy day at work, but finally settling down.  We had a good night yesterday!  My new to me dining set was delivered.  By the time I got home with DD and settled, it was already after 6.  So I quickly made some chicken soup for dinner since I had all the fixins handy.  Turned out really good!

After, we gave DD her Valentine's treats.  She has discovered the goodness that is lollipops!  LOL!  I thought the treat I got her was a chocolate heart on a stick, but apparently it is a lollipop!  DD had a tubby and then after she was in bed.  H and I exchanged our cards and goodies.  H got me flowers and sugar cookies and I got H a box of hand picked chocolates, so its literally all of his favorites in one box!  H also got us cupcakes for dessert.

The weekend will be spent moving out the old dining room furniture and putting the new stuff in place.  We will also need to figure out what to do with the old stuff.  Its all good quality wood pieces, but they could use a little love.  I will probably try to sell them on an upcycle page I below to on FB.

Have a good weekend WW!

• We've never done Valentines Day but SO did manage to snag me a bag of those conversation hearts (damn I love that flavored chalky goodness).  Then I find out today Necco went bankrupt NOOOOOOOOOOO! MY WAFERS!  Weekend plans are pretty low key.  Brunch with friends (using it as an excuse to make my super elaborate french toast) and getting some cleaning done. 

• VarunaTT said:

I love those colors!  I want frosted wine glasses now. 

• We've never done Valentines Day but SO did manage to snag me a bag of those conversation hearts (damn I love that flavored chalky goodness).  Then I find out today Necco went bankrupt NOOOOOOOOOOO! MY WAFERS!  Weekend plans are pretty low key.  Brunch with friends (using it as an excuse to make my super elaborate french toast) and getting some cleaning done. 
    But it got bought out they just didn’t have time to start up production. Conversation hearts will be back next year (according to the story I heard on NPR). 
  • edited February 2019
    Our Valentine’s Day was pretty good. DW sent me flowers at work. We went out for sushi; I was able to get vegan sushi, but I ended up finishing DW’s, which had fish. We were going to see a movie but changed our mind and came home. Good thing too - we had some excellent BCBC. Amazing what not having roommates will do for your sex life.

Today was my feminist book discussion. I didn’t finish the book and was feeling a little guilty, but the other two women who were there had read it years ago and only skimmed it this time around. We ended up having a great conversation about the major themes in the book, without going into little details. After we wrapped up, I did the grocery shopping. One more week, and I won’t have to walk or take the bus to the store and take Lyft home! I’m so excited to have a car again.

Tonight I’m going to clean the downstairs. We have people coming over for a girls’ afternoon tomorrow. I’ll get to see women I haven’t seen in a while.

I have Monday off work and plan to spend the day (finally) cleaning upstairs. I have a board meeting in the evening.