Wedding Woes

F-f-f-f-FRIDAY!

What's up for the weekend y'all??

Tonight, it sounds like it's a night in for me all alone with wine and all the shit that DH won't watch with me on Netflix or HBO.  The boys are going to FIL's for the night. 

Tomorrow, we have a boy scout dinner at one of the middle schools to introduce ourselves to the troop DefConn is likely to join.  Fingers crossed for cool moms/parents/kids and that DefConn makes some new friends.  <3  

Sunday, nothing on the books at this time and that's fine with me.  

Weather is going to be nuts.  40's today, 60's and rain/wind/storms tomorrow, and then back into the 30's Sunday. 

Re: F-f-f-f-FRIDAY!

• Tonight is a nothing night.   We'll take stock of food and DH is either going to cook something meaty or we'll go out.

Tomorrow we had to Spamalot and Sunday should be a good recovery day.

• Um, that sounds AWESOME, Sparkle!! And I love a quiet night alone, Mrs.conn, enjoy!!!

Tonight I'm meeting a coworker for dinner and then seeing a community theater play that my friend is directing. Also to see the table that my sister has in the production. 
    Tomorrow I have a tattoo removal at the same time as H's tattoo installation, so my sister is driving me. I feel bad for making her come all the way out *just in case* I pass out but if I do end up feeling shitty, then I'm stuck. 
    Other than that, a lot of house prep for paint and tile next week. Mrs.Conn reminded me that it's supposed to be warmer tomorrow so I'll have to get H outside to clean whatever mold or algae or crap that grows only on the north side of the house. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • It snowed yesterday! Which is a huge deal here. Is it the apocalypse? It was even snowing at the beaches. 

I work all weekend. Not much else is going on. 

• @mrsconn23 - your evening sounds wonderful
    @sparklepants41- yum!

It's been a long week.  I usually don't mind winter.  I like snow (hate ice) and love that we live where we experience 4 seasons.  But this year I'm just done with winter.  In January we had the polar vortex.  And to date we've had the snowiest February on record.  We had 5.5" on Wednesday and are expecting rain, sleet and 9" over the weekend.  Our snowbanks are so tall it can be hard to see cars exiting parking lots and driveways.  Kids have had 7 snow days since mid January.  I need to make a run for supplies tonight before the ridiculousness starts again.

Weekend plans include soaking our shower head in vinegar because getting hit in the face with a stray spray of water is not fun in the morning.  I'll also make some comfort foods and plan leftovers for lunches during the week.  It's an exciting weekend at our house!

• levioosa said:
    It snowed yesterday! Which is a huge deal here. Is it the apocalypse? It was even snowing at the beaches. 

Whoa! So weird!

I’m in the Atlanta airport waiting for DW to come back with something caffeinated. I mostly slept on the flight from Cleveland to Atlanta, but the part I was awake for was really neat. The clouds looked solid enough to walk on and super soft. (Did I mention this is my first time flying?) 

Today and tomorrow we hang out with MIL, and at some point, DW’s xW and her H will bring SD over to visit. Sunday we start driving home. I’m off Monday and Tuesday, so we don’t have to be in a huge rush.
  • So glad the weekend is here!

Tonight I'm going to the gym and then just relaxing. Tomorrow I'm getting my hair done. And that's it! 
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2019

My bank visit that was postponed from Wed.'s hassle, lol.

I found a house I'm interested in (for investments, not for me) but flaked on calling about it earlier in the week.  It's ridiculous cheap and might already be gone, but I'm going to call the guy around mid-day and see if I can schedule a showing.  If it's still available and hopefully this afternoon.

On Sat., we need to go shopping for a couch (for us) and a dryer (for a rental).  I have a $10 off coupon at a brunch restaurant we like and it expires at the end of the month.  Probably use this Sat., but might bump it to Sun.

Sun. is busy!  I have tenants moving out.  I'm not sure what time yet, but we'll need to meet up with them for the walk through and get the keys back.  We've already been in the unit recently when we were doing showings and, other than a deep clean and maybe some touch-up paint, there isn't much that needs to be done for turnover (phew!).

My new tenant is supposed to move-in on March 1st, but she contacted me earlier in the week and would like to move-in sooner.  As such, my H and I are bringing cleaning and touch-up paint supplies with us on Sun.!  As long as it's not too late in the day, we're doing a deep clean and the touch-ups so the new tenant can (hopefully) move in on Monday.  I told her Mon., maybe Tues. at the latest, should be fine but that I would call her on Sunday after we got there.

Edited to add:  And my boss has been driving me a little nuts since yesterday afternoon.  It ramped up even more this morning (sigh).  In a nutshell, he's looking for information that I really don't have.  What he truly wants doesn't exist in a neat and tidy report at this time.  He at least understands that now.  So I've been scrambling to at least gather the information from all kinds of places.  But every time I think I've found what he wants, that's not it, and it's back to the drawing board.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2019
    Harry Potter was amazing last night! My sister and I kept turning to each other and saying “this is just so so cool!” We had a great time. 

Tonight were doing a Parks&Rec trivia night at a bar with my sister and her husband. I’m super excited. She got me a Pawnee Goddesses short for Christmas and it’s packed in my bag to wear tonight! Can not wait. 

Long run tomorrow and the weather is supposed to be in the 40s!! And it’s super sunny today so things are, quite literally, looking brighter!
    I just finished watching parks & rec on netflix about a month ago.  I didn’t watch it as it aired but man what a fab show!  Almost like it better than the office.  Have fun!  Win!

hope you enjoy your weekend @OurWildKingdom.  Glad you were able to fly!

@short+sassy, can’t say being a landlord doesn’t keep you busy! What would you do without that?

• levioosa said:
    It snowed yesterday! Which is a huge deal here. Is it the apocalypse? It was even snowing at the beaches. 

Whoa! So weird!

I’m in the Atlanta airport waiting for DW to come back with something caffeinated. I mostly slept on the flight from Cleveland to Atlanta, but the part I was awake for was really neat. The clouds looked solid enough to walk on and super soft. (Did I mention this is my first time flying?) 

Today and tomorrow we hang out with MIL, and at some point, DW’s xW and her H will bring SD over to visit. Sunday we start driving home. I’m off Monday and Tuesday, so we don’t have to be in a huge rush.
    Are you staying in Atlanta, or just connecting? It's been full on Thunderstorms here the last few days, so the clouds are moving fast. They must be so cool from above!
  • I'm listening to an old white guy talking about how "he knows what it's like to be a minority".

Ummmm. Pretty sure you don't. And IDK why any of these kinds of people think that occasionally driving through a "bad" neighborhood means anything to anyone, but they sure like to talk about it a lot. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I'm listening to an old white guy talking about how "he knows what it's like to be a minority".

Ummmm. Pretty sure you don't. And IDK why any of these kinds of people think that occasionally driving through a "bad" neighborhood means anything to anyone, but they sure like to talk about it a lot. 
    People like to think that they are somehow relate-able and that they have some semblance of an idea.   Ellen did it in her stand up but she handled it better.

Most people try to avoid saying, "You're damn right I grew up with privilege due to my race, socioeconomic status and geography," and instead we get idiots with marbles in their mouth who don't get it.  
  • @OurWildKingdom, I either didn't know or forgot that you lived in Cleveland.  I've been toying with the idea of real estate investing out-of-state in the medium/long-term future and Cleveland is one of the cities I've been keeping my eye on.

Enjoy your trip and enjoy your first flight!  That is especially exciting.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Soccer and futsal. That’s it. 
  • I'm preparing myself for Mom's visit tomorrow and wondering if she'll comment on the few pounds I gained or tbe light staining on my teeth first. Maube she'll freak out and start crying becuase I have a small bit of eczema on my hand, I'm nit kidding she has meltdowns if I stub mytoe in front of her.  Or the visit might be just fine. Roll that dice and hope for sane mom.

• banana468 said:
    Tonight is a nothing night.   We'll take stock of food and DH is either going to cook something meaty or we'll go out.

Tomorrow we had to Spamalot and Sunday should be a good recovery day.

Spamalot is hilarious you'll love it!

• OMG Bob Kraft!  I can't wait to see what my FB feed looks like with all the Pats fans this afternoon. 
  • banana468 said:
    OMG Bob Kraft!  I can't wait to see what my FB feed looks like with all the Pats fans this afternoon. 
    I know!  So much WTF. 
  • I just finished my “long” day at work. I am so tired.
    @OurWildKingdom the last time I drunk cried was at the Atlanta airport, lol. 7 hour delay spent at the bar.

We are going to interview a lady tomorrow for babysitting. I hope she is amazing because I don’t have any other options. I am going to try cloth diapering. I hope it isn’t terribly inconvenient. During baby shower trivia I learned that it take 500! Years for a disposable diaper to decompose and it has been haunting me ever since.
  • banana468 said:
    OMG Bob Kraft!  I can't wait to see what my FB feed looks like with all the Pats fans this afternoon. 
    My MIL, a Steelers fan, just shared it on FB 😂😂
  • mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    I know!  So much WTF. 
    Pats fan here. We are horrified. It's so gross. H & I have been texting vomiting gifs back and forth since the news broke.

Apparently there is video. I'm crossing everything that can be crossed in the hopes that no one ever has to see it. 

What's the over/under on how long before his gf breaks up with him???
  • Your night sounds amazing @mrsconn23 and Fakesgiving sounds fun @sparklepants41!
    Took a long nature walk with the kids earlier.  Low key weekend planned.
  • I just looked up what was up with Bob Kraft because I was out of the loop. Kind of disappointed it wasn’t something more scandalous.
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2019
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    I know!  So much WTF. 
    Pats fan here. We are horrified. It's so gross. H & I have been texting vomiting gifs back and forth since the news broke.

Apparently there is video. I'm crossing everything that can be crossed in the hopes that no one ever has to see it. 

Are they still together?  Didn't she have a kid without him?

I'm having a serious case of schadenfreude with DH right now.    And we're now debating it.  

DH's theory: you reach an age that you may go for this because that's how you get things without strings attached.

My theory: I dare you to go to Boston and not find a young Pats fan who wouldn't.   If Hef could get all the ladies he wanted I just find this hard to believe.    

So IMO if the allegations are true this is Jussie Smollett writing his assailants with a check DUMB. 
  • DH and I are going out to dinner tonight, picking up our new car tomorrow finally, and going to try Topgolf sunday morning.  We've had a gift card for over a year and are finally going to use it!  I've never been, but I like golfing and morning drinks so it should be fun :)
  • Such a weird question on my mystery shopping report, lol...

I was just filling out my report for the shop I did last night.  They asked something like, "Would you specifically request this server on another visit?"

Uhhh...no.  Who does that, lol?  Not because his service was poor...it was fine, not extraordinary...but because I have never in my life specifically requested a server.  I'd assume most people could say that.

With that said, if it had been especially good service, I'd probably answer "yes" because it would go with the "spirit" of the question, even if it wasn't actually true.

At any rate, I do a lot of these type of shops for a variety of MS companies and different clients.  It just struck me as a really odd question.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    I know!  So much WTF. 

Are they still together?  Didn't she have a kid without him?

I'm having a serious case of schadenfreude with DH right now.    And we're now debating it.  

DH's theory: you reach an age that you may go for this because that's how you get things without strings attached.

My theory: I dare you to go to Boston and not find a young Pats fan who wouldn't.   If Hef could get all the ladies he wanted I just find this hard to believe.    

So IMO if the allegations are true this is Jussie Smollett writing his assailants with a check DUMB. 
    She did have a baby, and it's not his, and they're still together. 

Apparently he's not even the biggest name in this sting. Curious to find out who else gets charged.