Wedding Woes

F-f-f-f-FRIDAY!

2»

Re: F-f-f-f-FRIDAY!

• Such a weird question on my mystery shopping report, lol...

I was just filling out my report for the shop I did last night.  They asked something like, "Would you specifically request this server on another visit?"

Uhhh...no.  Who does that, lol?  Not because his service was poor...it was fine, not extraordinary...but because I have never in my life specifically requested a server.  I'd assume most people could say that.

With that said, if it had been especially good service, I'd probably answer "yes" because it would go with the "spirit" of the question, even if it wasn't actually true.

At any rate, I do a lot of these type of shops for a variety of MS companies and different clients.  It just struck me as a really odd question.

So, I worked carry outs and hostess at a pizza restaurant in high school. It wasn't abnormal for the regulars to ask who was working that night and ask to be in their section. Way back when there were smoking sections, non-smokers would even sit in the smoking section to get their favorite waitress.

But this was always only regulars. Like, people who everyone knew their names and drink orders. I agree that it would be totally weird to go into a restaurant like, "My friend S&S recommended Pam - can I be seated in her section?".
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2019
    banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    OMG Bob Kraft!  I can't wait to see what my FB feed looks like with all the Pats fans this afternoon. 
    I know!  So much WTF. 
    Pats fan here. We are horrified. It's so gross. H & I have been texting vomiting gifs back and forth since the news broke.

Apparently there is video. I'm crossing everything that can be crossed in the hopes that no one ever has to see it. 

What's the over/under on how long before his gf breaks up with him???
    Are they still together?  Didn't she have a kid without him?

I'm having a serious case of schadenfreude with DH right now.    And we're now debating it.  

DH's theory: you reach an age that you may go for this because that's how you get things without strings attached.

My theory: I dare you to go to Boston and not find a young Pats fan who wouldn't.   If Hef could get all the ladies he wanted I just find this hard to believe.    

So IMO if the allegations are true this is Jussie Smollett writing his assailants with a check DUMB. 
    She did have a baby, and it's not his, and they're still together. 

Apparently he's not even the biggest name in this sting. Curious to find out who else gets charged. 
    I'm craving Cheetos.   I hope there are Cheetos. 
    <headshake>Guys thinking all this is ok.</headshake>

Gray and foggy (light rain). At this time of year, that often happens when the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo comes to town on Go Texan Day. Bad weather seems to go hand-in-hand with trailrider parades.

Working overtime this weekend.
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    OMG Bob Kraft!  I can't wait to see what my FB feed looks like with all the Pats fans this afternoon. 
    I know!  So much WTF. 
    Pats fan here. We are horrified. It's so gross. H & I have been texting vomiting gifs back and forth since the news broke.

Apparently there is video. I'm crossing everything that can be crossed in the hopes that no one ever has to see it. 

I'm having a serious case of schadenfreude with DH right now.    And we're now debating it.  

DH's theory: you reach an age that you may go for this because that's how you get things without strings attached.

My theory: I dare you to go to Boston and not find a young Pats fan who wouldn't.   If Hef could get all the ladies he wanted I just find this hard to believe.    

So IMO if the allegations are true this is Jussie Smollett writing his assailants with a check DUMB. 

Apparently he's not even the biggest name in this sting. Curious to find out who else gets charged. 
    Please gods let this be true. 
  • Jen4948 said:
    banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    I know!  So much WTF. 

Gray and foggy (light rain). At this time of year, that often happens when the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo comes to town on Go Texan Day. Bad weather seems to go hand-in-hand with trailrider parades.

This. This wasn't a run of the mill paying for a beej outside of a bar. He was a regular at a spa that is involved in human trafficking. This is a BFD. 
  • Made it to Chicagoland in almost record time. Just finished the leftover salad that I brought with me from my book club last night. Now I wait for the nanny to bring the boys home - they did a nanny share today because DD had to go into work, and I couldn't get up here in time. It is a gorgeous day and not even freezing - I'll take it! 

Good luck at boy scouts tomorrow @mrsconn23! Our boys were scouts and loved it! @missJeanLouise hope you find a sitter, I know how difficult that is. Now I have to go find out what Bob Kraft did!
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2019
    Uhhh...no.  Who does that, lol?  Not because his service was poor...it was fine, not extraordinary...but because I have never in my life specifically requested a server.  I'd assume most people could say that.
    I have, but I've been a server so had friends who were servers and I've been a regular at finer dining establishments where stuff like that happens a lot.  I wouldn't do it at 90% of places.

We are going out of town to a Saturday show I am so excited about.  I hesitate to even call it a drag show b/c it's far more encompassing than that.  They have a political theme.  They have an opening panel that one of the performers, who's also an attorney, and a professor from the local university will be speaking about the theme from various POV (it's basically technology and queer life in modern era).  There's 13 visual artists exhibits on display in the lobby.  The performances range from draglesque to an artist from Dragula to local artist, etc.  I'm so excited for it.  And it's in a city that we are very interested in moving to, so that's exciting too.  K is going in face, so maybe we can even get a booking for them.  And the producer is someone I've been following for awhile who's art and performance and social justice platforms I adore, so I'm just all around excited.  THIS is the art I want to see/experience.  

On Sunday we're going to the local Hamburger Mary's for the brunch show for the first time, with the winner of the state leather competition the night before.  I'm not sure how this'll go, but it'll either be super fun or super awkward.  ;D  IDK if K will go in face for that.  We'll be meeting the promoters who are also the people helping me start my possibly new project.

The rest of the time is just getting ready and coming back, basically.

• Jen4948 said:
    banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    I know!  So much WTF. 

This. This wasn't a run of the mill paying for a beej outside of a bar. He was a regular at a spa that is involved in human trafficking. This is a BFD. 
    And he's a BILLIONAIRE!  

I'm not making light of this at all.   I think it's a BFD.   But I also wonder what the knowledge is of those in charge vs. those performing when you're a customer.

It will certainly be interesting in how all this pans out.   
  • @short+sassy I used to work at a restaurant and people request specific servers all the time. They’ll even ask for a specific table with that server. 

• levioosa said:
    It snowed yesterday! Which is a huge deal here. Is it the apocalypse? It was even snowing at the beaches. 

I work all weekend. Not much else is going on. 
    Whoa! So weird!

I’m in the Atlanta airport waiting for DW to come back with something caffeinated. I mostly slept on the flight from Cleveland to Atlanta, but the part I was awake for was really neat. The clouds looked solid enough to walk on and super soft. (Did I mention this is my first time flying?) 

Today and tomorrow we hang out with MIL, and at some point, DW’s xW and her H will bring SD over to visit. Sunday we start driving home. I’m off Monday and Tuesday, so we don’t have to be in a huge rush.
    Are you staying in Atlanta, or just connecting? It's been full on Thunderstorms here the last few days, so the clouds are moving fast. They must be so cool from above!

Just connecting. We caught a flight to Little Rock — lots of turbulence! Now we’re here relaxing.
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    I know!  So much WTF. 

Yes. Or Pence. Not likely but oh could you imagine????? 
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    I know!  So much WTF. 

• banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    I know!  So much WTF.