Wedding Woes

Monday Log In Issues

I can only log in and post from mobile. Desk top log in does not work. Am I the only one??

Re: Monday Log In Issues

• Ugh, that's obnoxious. I'm working fine. 

What happens when you try to get in on your desktop?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • It won’t let me log in. It just redirects me to another page that has no fields to log in. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2019
    Mine says I need to Join/Log in but it is letting me type

edit: I'm on desktop
  • kvruns said:

Mine's been doing that for months. I have the JOIN FREE/LOGIN box up top all the time and I've never had to log in. If I just go to the boards, I'm in.

IDK if it will help any, Climbing, but I "reported" your post and tagged KH in hopes someone will see it. It't not an actual report, just a better chance of someone seeing it.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I'm not having issues, but I'm on a desktop.  
  • Aside from TK being dumb, what's going on today? Everyone have a good weekend?

I went to leave work Friday and my car wouldn't start. Thankfully this time they found the problem, but it's a $700 fix. :(  H had another tattoo Saturday and I had another removal. 4 down, 7 to go! 

Do you ever do a series of dumb things and just feel like the biggest idiot? I am such a mess lately. We had to order our new vanity from Home Depot and the tile we picked is from Lowe's. So I order everything online for pickup. We arrive at the Home Depot to pick up the vanity, only to realize that I ordered it from the other Home Depot. After going to the other HD, we head to Lowe's to pick up the tile I ordered. Except my dumb ass ordered the wrong tile. Grrrrrrrrr. 

And the painters and tilers are in the house now so I can't even call in "sick" this week and lay around the house all day. 
  • kvruns said:

Mine's been doing that for months. I have the JOIN FREE/LOGIN box up top all the time and I've never had to log in. If I just go to the boards, I'm in.

IDK if it will help any, Climbing, but I "reported" your post and tagged KH in hopes someone will see it. It't not an actual report, just a better chance of someone seeing it.

This is me also on a desktop.  I've actually never logged in via mobile.

It was actually an irritating weekend, lol.  On Sat., we got a $110 used dryer from ReStore.  It has a 30-day warranty and worked when we hooked it up.  Crossing fingers it stays that way!  That was at least one good thing.

But then, apparently...at the same duplex...someone stole our lawnmower.  One of the tenants is responsible for mowing the grass, but we provide the mower.  It wasn't even worth much.  It was old and I bought it used for $50 from a coworker a few years ago.  But it was still reliable and worked great.  And now I had to buy a new one, smh.  I was a little annoyed at my H also.  We have a small shed on that property and I naturally assumed that's where it was kept.  Nope.  My H had it under a tarp in the open backyard.  We'll keep it in the shed now and put a lock on it.  Like it should have been stored in the first place.

We also discovered one of those tenants got a puppy.  WTF, smh?!?!  It's "no pets" in their lease.  I'm typically amenable to pets, but I need to know about them and there is a pet deposit and pet rent.  I also don't normally allow f**king puppies (eyeroll) because, OF COURSE, they are usually destructive.  They have been good tenants for the last 2 1/2 years, so I told her I wouldn't require them to get rid of the puppy, but I'd get back to her this week about the pet rent and deposit.

The other tenants at this duplex were the ones moving out.  Overall, that went well.  But they didn't clean the kitchen floor and only partially cleaned the fridge.  In addition, apparently they didn't pay the water bill for quite awhile and the meter is gone.  Not sure when it was taken.  My new tenant was planning to move in today or tomorrow, but now she needs to wait until the water is turned back on.  Thankfully, her lease technically doesn't start until March 1st, but I know she wanted to move in sooner.  I alerted her yesterday to the problem.  Assuming she calls this morning, they're typically pretty quick and should have it back on in 1-2 days (hopefully).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah @ShesSoCold, defenitly been there before
    sneaky sneaky @short+sassy, they thought they could get away with it.

weekend was great.  We stayed at a fabulous (albeit pricey) b&b and had a great time with my family.  Can’t wait to do it again. It was a rough start getting out of the city with a house fire just a few houses down from me and some car accidents (and typical Friday traffic) plus I   didn’f get see H all to much since he had to work all weekend but what else is new? 

Can we talk about Julia Roberts?  

I want to be her.

that is all.

ICYMI:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6741607/amp/Julia-Roberts-dazzles-pink-gown-makes-surprise-appearance-present-Oscar-Best-Picture.html

• OMG it's finally letting me post from the desktop. That was annoying! 
  • No problems here - I'm on laptop. I've never logged in on mobile. I always have the log in button too but usually I'm already logged in so it is just a glitch in the website as far as I'm concerned. Once in awhile I do have to log in to post or reply.
  • @CharmedPam Julia’s gown was stunning.  Although my Oscar highlight is all of the memes (are they gifs?) of Lady Gaga opening her eyes and looking at Bradley Cooper after they performed.  

No log in issues for me. Lowkey weekend and kids and I all back to school today.  Hallelujah. 
  • Anyway, weekend was good. However, my mom just texted me that she has the flu! UGH. 
  • kvruns said:

It was actually an irritating weekend, lol.  On Sat., we got a $110 used dryer from ReStore.  It has a 30-day warranty and worked when we hooked it up.  Crossing fingers it stays that way!  That was at least one good thing.

But then, apparently...at the same duplex...someone stole our lawnmower.  One of the tenants is responsible for mowing the grass, but we provide the mower.  It wasn't even worth much.  It was old and I bought it used for $50 from a coworker a few years ago.  But it was still reliable and worked great.  And now I had to buy a new one, smh.  I was a little annoyed at my H also.  We have a small shed on that property and I naturally assumed that's where it was kept.  Nope.  My H had it under a tarp in the open backyard.  We'll keep it in the shed now and put a lock on it.  Like it should have been stored in the first place.

We also discovered one of those tenants got a puppy.  WTF, smh?!?!  It's "no pets" in their lease.  I'm typically amenable to pets, but I need to know about them and there is a pet deposit and pet rent.  I also don't normally allow f**king puppies (eyeroll) because, OF COURSE, they are usually destructive.  They have been good tenants for the last 2 1/2 years, so I told her I wouldn't require them to get rid of the puppy, but I'd get back to her this week about the pet rent and deposit.

The other tenants at this duplex were the ones moving out.  Overall, that went well.  But they didn't clean the kitchen floor and only partially cleaned the fridge.  In addition, apparently they didn't pay the water bill for quite awhile and the meter is gone.  Not sure when it was taken.  My new tenant was planning to move in today or tomorrow, but now she needs to wait until the water is turned back on.  Thankfully, her lease technically doesn't start until March 1st, but I know she wanted to move in sooner.  I alerted her yesterday to the problem.  Assuming she calls this morning, they're typically pretty quick and should have it back on in 1-2 days (hopefully).

Tbh, I’ve never cleaned a kitchen floor when moving out. I leave the apartment broom clean- everything removed, no trash, swept, but I don’t wash the floors or scrub the stove or anything. Every landlord I’ve had has had the place professionally cleaned between tenants and as someone moving in that is my expectation. 
  • The weekend sucked.  M2 has strep.  Mondays are usually my quiet, decompress, get shit done day.  I'm going to be forced to play games though. 

MIL and sFIL ended up actually coming to 6let's game Saturday (the D3 college women's basketball team they follow lost in their tourney so they were free).  My parents were returning Max after his birthday fun night with them.  MIL was all "oh I love having them and can't wait for them to spend the night again! We just have to get past all of these Sunday games!"  Um, they took the kids for one night in December.  Before that they haven't had them overnight since M2 was ~2.  6let was having his tonsils out and Max was a newborn.  I really don't care if they take them, but I hate that she pretends that she wants too.

We're supposed to have a tournament this weekend, but have no schedule.  The tournament people accepted 5 new teams last night.  I'm frustrated, but then theses asshole parents are emailing/calling/texting me to complain. I don't know what they expect me to do.

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2019

Tbh, I’ve never cleaned a kitchen floor when moving out. I leave the apartment broom clean- everything removed, no trash, swept, but I don’t wash the floors or scrub the stove or anything. Every landlord I’ve had has had the place professionally cleaned between tenants and as someone moving in that is my expectation. 

Some places will withhold a mandatory cleaning fee where, maybe, they wouldn't require some of those things.  However, I don't do that and provide a move-out checklist on what is expected.  I don't expect people to do a deep clean.  We take care of that.  But, with the exception of the baseboards...which, for me, fall into the deep clean category...I expect the floors to be clean, which includes mopping (if needed).  And definitely appliances!  Cleaning services charge $50-$60 just to clean an oven or a refrigerator.

Edited to add: That was also how I cleaned apartments/houses when I was a renter.  Maybe it wasn't expected, but I assumed I should leave the place at the same cleanliness level it was given to me in.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is me also on a desktop.  I've actually never logged in via mobile.

Some places will withhold a mandatory cleaning fee where, maybe, they wouldn't require some of those things.  However, I don't do that and provide a move-out checklist on what is expected.  I don't expect people to do a deep clean.  We take care of that.  But, with the exception of the baseboards...which, for me, fall into the deep clean category...I expect the floors to be clean, which includes mopping (if needed).  And definitely appliances!  Cleaning services charge $50-$60 just to clean an oven or a refrigerator.
    I consider all of this to be the landlords’ cost of doing business. Landlords can’t withhold from a security deposit here to cover cleaning and general wear and tear. 
  • I'm back to work today. I was off last week on vacation visiting family although it wasn't too relaxing traveling with a 2 y/o alone and who was off his routine all week. He's a very routine-driven kid so things didn't go as well as I hoped but oh well it didn't go terribly or anything. My parents and grandparents were happy to see him so that is all that matters. Now I need a week off myself to decompress. 
  • Tbh, I’ve never cleaned a kitchen floor when moving out. I leave the apartment broom clean- everything removed, no trash, swept, but I don’t wash the floors or scrub the stove or anything. Every landlord I’ve had has had the place professionally cleaned between tenants and as someone moving in that is my expectation. 
    I consider all of this to be the landlords’ cost of doing business. Landlords can’t withhold from a security deposit here to cover cleaning and general wear and tear. 

I'm not withholding anything from their SD.  Mainly because they were great tenants and it was good enough.  More of a slight annoyance that they should have done a better job.  We can agree to disagree, but I don't see why a landlord should be responsible for cleaning up after a tenant.  At least for cleaning they could have easily done themselves.  For example, I don't expect a tenant to clean the tops of windowsills or the blades of a ceiling fan, because they're high.  Or detailed/deep clean things like windows, baseboards, and walls.

I know different places have different laws, but that's interesting cleaning can't be deducted!  I've never heard of that and am curious if it's an "across the board" rule or if there are exceptions for extreme cases.

On the flip side of that coin, wear and tear cannot be taken out of a SD.  I've never heard of it being any other way.  Though "wear and tear" can sometimes be a gray area.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Weekend was pretty good.  Friday night, I finished Russian Doll and started Chef's Table.  Russian Doll ended up being really good after what I felt was a weird start.  This collection of Chef's Table is some of the best stories yet.  Especially, Asma Khan (I cried at the end of her episode) and Mashama Bailey, which made me want to go back to Savannah yesterday.  I feel like we missed so much in Savannah due to the weather (so hot and sticky) and I was preoccupied with what was going on with my mom. 

I talked to my friend that's in the middle of a divorce for about 2 hours.  We don't get to talk as much as we'd like nowadays since she's got so much shit going on, so it was lovely to have that kind of time to catch each other up. 

Saturday, store run, a lot of laziness, and then the boy scout dinner.  DefConn buddied up with the pack leader's kid really quick, so yay.  It was long, but entertaining.  DH and I didn't really talk to the other parents, but they have a thing Thursday at the bowling alley down the street.  We'll see if we can get to know people in a more relaxed atmosphere.  

Sunday, we got up and went to buy a new microwave (ours took a shit last week).  And then we came home.  I did laundry and a bunch of cooking.  I made breakfast for the week and then I made honey chipotle chicken with mango avocado salsa and Mexican street corn.  It was amazing.  ;) I finished the night by watching the Oscars. 

I swear we should never, ever talk about how DefConn never gets sick.  He's got a cough now.  No fever and it seems to dissipate once he wakes up and gets moving, but it sounds awful.  Grr. 
  • I worked all weekend. Yesterday I agreed to stay over to help the unit out and I ended up working 20 hours straight and I got home at almost 4 am. I’m dead now and trying to decide if I should go to clinic. I’m so. Tired. 

I’ve been having the same log in issues as Kvruns. It’s pretty annoying. 

Count down until Vegas this weekend and I’m so ready. 

I hope Defconn gets better soon!

That sounds like a lovely weekend @OliveOilsMom

Ugh, how annoying @short+sassy

• Our weekend was great!  DD loved her party and had so much fun!

I started Friday with sending DD and H off to daycare/work like normal.  Then I made myself breakfast and took it upstairs to watch TV, peruse the interwebs and relax.  After an hour of that, I got started with some cleaning downstairs, then moved onto my final food shopping for the party.  I was able to meet H out for a quick lunch before baking the final layers of DDs birthday cake.  Once H & DD came home, I finished cleaning up after my baking and we went out for dinner.  The dinner was so delicious!  We ordered a meatball appetizer and DD started crying when she finished her meatball because their was none left!  Thankfully we were the only ones there and her dinner came quickly, so she calmed down and housed more pasta.  This kid must be getting ready for a growth spurt because she has been eating like crazy the past weekish!

Saturday we met with a Labrador retriever rescue for our home visit.  Once our application is officially accepted, we will begin to be considered for future dogs the rescue gets.  Then it was just more cleaning and I finished up DDs cake.

Sunday was the party.  So after a few morning errands, I set to work to finish food and decorations.  The pizzas arrived right on time and DD looked so cute in her birthday outfit.  The shirt had a little pizza slice wearing a party hat and holding a balloon.  I also put her tutu on so I can truly get my money's worth out of it!  LOL!  Well - I was going to attach pics, but TK being TK, my pictures are failing to load. 

I'm so glad it went well.

It's okay, OOM's DD.  Meatballs are awesome and I feel that way too when they're gone, lol.

That sounds SO cute!  (stupid TK)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sad we can't see pix of pizza baby but I'm glad she enjoyed the party. And I'm jealous you can take her to restaurants and she eats - or hell that she eats at all. Mine is sooooo picky it drives me crazy. Restaurants are few and far between because he is a pain
  • The weekend was mixed.  There's some drama in my community people are coming to me with b/c of my former positions and i'm sending them along.  But it's a big drama and it's going to get ugly.  But it's no my monkeys, not my circus anymore.  That was Friday night.  Saturday we had a rough drive out of town.  The storm was so bad I had to pull over for visibility's sake.  Then, my BFF wanted to hear about all the drama that's been going on for the last 6 months.  I didn't realize how angry I was still all about it.  That, plus a stressful drive, plus the community angst that I was being exposed to on Friday, threw me into an anxiety attack Saturday night.  So, even though we went out of town to see a show, we stayed in that night and vegged.  It was necessary.  Sunday, saw a drag show at Hamburger Mary's, which was so much fun, and possibly have a booking for K!!!  Which is one step closer to booking at Hamburger Mary's in WeHo and meeting our favorite professional drag king!!!  Then home.

Tonight, we're going to try and take it easy.  K has some roller derby drama going on too.  I absolutely 100% don't want them to quit derby..but I'm starting to hate these team mates.  I'm so ready to blow my little city at this point.  We implemented a 2.5 - 3 year moving plan (timeline mainly due to needing to save serious money for a move).
  • Anyone having a weird format switch going on?  It keeps going back and forth and it's making me nuts. 

Also, new podcast for my true crime peeps...It's called "Cold".  It's about Susan Powell, Josh Powell, and the whole sordid story.  I'm on episode 2 and it's interesting, but also infuriating.  He was the woooorrrrsssttt in all ways, plus there's the squickiness of him being awful, but cloaking himself in religion via the Mormon church.  
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Anyone having a weird format switch going on?  It keeps going back and forth and it's making me nuts. 

Also, new podcast for my true crime peeps...It's called "Cold".  It's about Susan Powell, Josh Powell, and the whole sordid story.  I'm on episode 2 and it's interesting, but also infuriating.  He was the woooorrrrsssttt in all ways, plus there's the squickiness of him being awful, but cloaking himself in religion via the Mormon church.  
    Yeah I just saw that too. I like the font but having everything way to the left is weird. 

Looking more and more like Wedding Wire! 
  • It was not a good weekend.  Glad it's over.