Wedding Woes

Flats...?

I wear flats pretty much every day to work and I'm tired of wearing out cheap ones. Do you guys have recommendations for quality flats? Are Tieks really worth two hundred damn dollars?!
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Flats...?

• I haven't worn Tieks but I have liked Sam Edelman flats.   What I do find is that at the end of a hot day I think they're a bit tight and maybe go up a half size?  Other than that I think they're soft and I've worn them in NYC walking with no issue.

I've hear others RAVE about Rothy's.   I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I'm seriously considering giving them a go for the spring.

Other flats I've liked are Cole Haan (they have some pretty good sales on Amazon) and I've never purchased but hear good things about Tory Burch. 

I have a pair of flats from  J.Crew Factory and have to say I'm disappointed in the quality.   They are fine for a day of no walking and being in the house but the arch support is nonexistent.   They haven't worn out but I'm not going to put them to the test because I think they'll fail me on big walk days. 
  • Rothy's is the rage in my mom's group.  Before that it was Tieks.  I like the look of Rothy's better. 

I just don't know about spending $$ on shoes when I wear Ugg knock-offs for the most part in the winter and flip flops in the summer.  WAH probs, LMAO
  • I do love my Rothy’s, I have two pairs of the points. The $$ is high but (so far) they’ve been worth it. They fit well, they’re washable, and they seem to hold up better than most flats I’ve had. I wore through two pairs of Aldo flats in 6 months, so I’m hoping these last longer than that. 
  • I’m going to have to look into this as the weather gets better....

• @charlotte989875 what's the arch support like in the Rothy's?   It's the point that I'm thinking I want which would be great for summer days that I have to go into the office where closed toe shoes are required in a business casual environment.   I'm diggin' the red and red camo!
  • I think tieks are not worth the money - they get ruined easily and you can't wash them (I don't wear sock with flats so they start to smell quickly) and I just don't think they look that cute.   

I do however, LOVE rothy's.  I got my first pair for Christmas and have bought 2 more since then.  Now I have one pair of loafers and two pairs of the pointed toe ones.   Mine wash really nicely and I have worn them almost every day for the last 2 months and they still look brand new.  They have slightly inconsistent sizing (my pointed ones are a whole size bigger than my normal, and the loafers are a half size bigger) but shipping and returns are free and easy. 

If you (or anyone here) decides to try them I can send you a $20 off coupon too.

• Rothy's, ey? I feel like my facebook suggests them a lot. I'll take a look.

Thank you, ladies!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Casadena, that's another flat issue I have - the socks! I've tried like 1,000 different brands of the little - what are they called? Liners? I call them socklets. LOL - anyway, and they're all still too big and are visible in the shoes. 

I'll let you know if I end up buying some - $20 off would be awesome! Thank yoU!!
  • Casadena, that's another flat issue I have - the socks! I've tried like 1,000 different brands of the little - what are they called? Liners? I call them socklets. LOL - anyway, and they're all still too big and are visible in the shoes. 

I'll let you know if I end up buying some - $20 off would be awesome! Thank yoU!!
    I've usually seen them called no-show liners.  What a boring phrase.  I like socklets better!  Lol.

@Casadena, please PM me a coupon also.  I'm also a no-sock gal, so a shoe that is nice enough to wear to work and I could wash it, sounds A-MAZING.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have touch and go plantar fasciitis - when I'm in a flare up it's excrutiating (I know that sounds soo dramatic!) so my flats are all pretty high quality.  I recommend any from Kuru (pricey but absolutely worth it, they never wear out) and Aerosole (a bit less expensive but also months and months before you'll need to replace them).
    Both of my recommendations have a bit more support/height than a true flat shoe (Rothys, tieks...can someone who's actually worn them correct me if I'm wrong but I think they're totally flat).  Kuru and Aerosole "flats" give an inch or a bit more in height due to the extra support.  Just wanted to mention in case you wanted/didn't want any extra height.  (In addition to the sole/arch support i like the extra height :))
  • I have yet to find a sock that works in a ballet or pointy flat.   I have one loafer pair that can possibly work with a tiny sock but generally I go without.  

I am intrigued by the socks that are almost part of the shoe (some silver fabric I think?) but I haven't pulled the trigger and have opted for Gold Bond foot powder instead or (gasp!) knee highs in winter. 
  • I like my Cole Han flats. 

• @ShesSoCold @short+sassy I PM'd you both a $20 coupon - if anyone else wants one let me know (it has my full name on it and i'd rather not splash that here!) 

I hate the little socklets!!  They fall down and make my shoes feel too tight.  In general I only wear sock with gym shoes and boots because it's necessary in the arctic tundra of the Midwest.  So the last few months have been awesome knowing I can wash my shoes and they still look professional enough to wear to work.

@banana468 are you thinking of Gekks?  I haven't tried those either but I've been seeing ads for them everywhere!

• banana468 said:
    @charlotte989875 what's the arch support like in the Rothy's?   It's the point that I'm thinking I want which would be great for summer days that I have to go into the office where closed toe shoes are required in a business casual environment.   I'm diggin' the red and red camo!
    I don’t need a ton of arch support so I might not be the best to answer. I find them a lot more comfortable than any other flats I’ve had. You can switch out the insert and add a new insert easily though. 
  • Casadena said:

@ShesSoCold @short+sassy I PM'd you both a $20 coupon - if anyone else wants one let me know (it has my full name on it and i'd rather not splash that here!) 

I hate the little socklets!!  They fall down and make my shoes feel too tight.  In general I only wear sock with gym shoes and boots because it's necessary in the arctic tundra of the Midwest.  So the last few months have been awesome knowing I can wash my shoes and they still look professional enough to wear to work.

@banana468 are you thinking of Gekks?  I haven't tried those either but I've been seeing ads for them everywhere!

YES.   Gekks!
  • Speaking of liners/socklets, I love these. They have grippy things for the heel so they actually stay on all day. You can get a $5 or $10 coupon if you sign up for a new account which makes them cheap

https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/memoi-lace-floral-womens-no-show-liners---5-pack/410555?activeColor=100
  • @Casadena Yes!!! Please send me a coupon too!!!! I have been dying to try Rothy's!!
  • I wear these sock liners when I wear liners https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDDYSVM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 They have grippy things all around the top plus on the ball of the foot. They stay put all day and are pretty low cut.
  • I decided to check out Rothy’s out of curiosity. Love the shoes, but they only go up to 12 M. I’m a 12 W (can wear some 13s) and DW is a 13 M or W.
  • I love these (and am on my feet all day as a teacher)  Women's Lina Ballet Flat, Black,
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01A6LELQG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_xfYDCbXDSGC1R

People are always shocked when I tell them that they're crocs.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2019
    Is there a place to try these on? Or online only?

eta:  in reference to Rothy’s

• I think maybe in CA but not nationwide. The website said free shipping/returns. 
  • I love these (and am on my feet all day as a teacher)  Women's Lina Ballet Flat, Black,

I've seen those and wondered if they're too "crocy"!! I have a pair of croc sandals and I LOVE THEM. 

Thank you!

Also, can I say that I hate when Amazon's pricing is like $.50 - $498" and my size/color/style/whatever is ALWAYS the $498 one. ALWAYS.
  • Is there a place to try these on? Or online only?

I think online only almost everywhere. I found the siding reviews super helpful so I read through those. I went up a half size in the points and they were perfect. 

I've seen those and wondered if they're too "crocy"!! I have a pair of croc sandals and I LOVE THEM. 

Thank you!

Also, can I say that I hate when Amazon's pricing is like $.50 - $498" and my size/color/style/whatever is ALWAYS the $498 one. ALWAYS.
    OMG, yes! Amazon needs to figure something else out with that.

It's like 1,000 pairs will be $498 and customers are expected to do a deep dive for the 50 cent pair.  Which turns out to be one pair in a size 5 and teal with bright orange dots, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Is there a place to try these on? Or online only?

They only have one physical store in San Francisco but the shipping and returns are always free if you need to return or exchange.  They also use a service called Happy Returns that has a ton of location in the Chicago area, you just drop off the box, give them the email address it was purchased with and you usually have your refund before getting back to the card.  Super easy!