Wedding Woes

Thursday is the BOMB (cyclone)

The rain held off yesterday, so we were able to grill and open up the house.  We can't wait to uncover the patio set.  

Looks like there's squirrely weather all over right now. It's dark and windy today.  We're supposed to get some massive weather later on today.  And then back to the 40's.  

Apparently, FIL is going to move to our side of town this year instead of waiting for retirement.  He needs to go see our loan guy first and get his pre-approval going.  Having him on this side of town will make our lives easier.  

DH floated the idea of going out this weekend.  I'd rather stay home and make my own green beer.  Eff the St. Paddy's crowds and overpriced drinks.  

Prudie Day.  ;) 

Re: Thursday is the BOMB (cyclone)

• Oh god, I forgot St. Patrick's Day is this weekend. There's a huge parade Sunday in our area, so I'll be staying in for the day...haha. 
  • Today is definitely SSDD. Nothing going on, no plans for the weekend, etc. Guessing our nice weather is over now but it was a good couple of days while it lasted! On the bright side I'll get back to the gym since I opted to take the dog on a walk the past couple of the days to get some sunshine instead of going to the gym.
  • My friend's birthday is on St. Patrick's Day so unfortunately I have to go out this year. 

I'm trying not to get too excited until after inspection, but we accepted an offer on the house. From the first guy to look at it. He's buying it for his mom who is having knee surgery and needs a ranch. Isn't that sweet? 

I have to laugh at myself. I made a ton of food for the freezer so we wouldn't have to cook and dirty up the kitchen while the house was on the market and we had showings. We had exactly one day of showings. LOLL. I probably never have to cook again in this state!

NOTHING to do at work, so I hope this week's Prudie is a lively one!
    Fingers crossed for you! My parents sold their house to a couple that came to the open house, and never even had any showings! 
  • YAY FOR AN OFFER!  That's AWESOME! Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly from here on out. 
  • DH woke up in a mood.   I'm trying to give him his space so he can process what's going on in his head rather than start an argument with him.   Ugh.

We're hosting St. Patrick's Day this weekend on Saturday.   I need to go get a bunch of decorations and clean the toilets.   Family will be helping with food but we're expecting about 22 extra people!  That plus DH's mood is not helping me today.
  • So exciting SSC!!! 

I just realized that when we will be staying right in the thick of the St. Patricks day parade stuff in NYC this weekend.  Totally my fault bc I took "Saturday before St. Pat's" as the weekend before, not the day before.  We'll deal - but wasn't expecting that, lol. 

I have to pack tonight which I hate.  I don't have a good coat for this in between weather.  I have light spring jackets and Chicago level puffy knee length coats.  But it's supposed to be about 45.  And then I have a conference in Brooklyn M-W  so I need to pack for that too.  I'm excited for all of it, but will be much less stressed when my suitcase is done :)

• The weather is super crazy around here also.  We've been using the a/c for the last couple weeks.  But now the low tonight is 34!  Which is unbeliveable for mid-March around here.  So it's back to the heater and goose-down comforter, smh.  The rest of the weekend will be nice temps during the day (60s), but down into the 40s at night.

There are multiple St. Paddy's Day parades this weekend.  But the Irish-Italian parade is next weekend and I'm holding out for that one.  It's much easier to get to, park, and isn't nearly as crowded.  It's really popular, but a longer and more spread out route than any of the St. Paddy ones.

They hand out groceries from the floats, lol.  Primarily cabbages, potatoes, cans of tomato paste, and boxes of spaghetti.  But also moon pies, ramen noodles, fruit, little bags of chips.  All kinds of random stuff.  Along with the usual tons of beads.  It's pretty fun and hilarious.  There are also walking parade groups that hand out fake flower carnations and roses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Casadena said:

So exciting SSC!!! 

I just realized that when we will be staying right in the thick of the St. Patricks day parade stuff in NYC this weekend.  Totally my fault bc I took "Saturday before St. Pat's" as the weekend before, not the day before.  We'll deal - but wasn't expecting that, lol. 

I have to pack tonight which I hate.  I don't have a good coat for this in between weather.  I have light spring jackets and Chicago level puffy knee length coats.  But it's supposed to be about 45.  And then I have a conference in Brooklyn M-W  so I need to pack for that too.  I'm excited for all of it, but will be much less stressed when my suitcase is done :)

IMO it's still cold enough for the puffy coats. 45 with just a little wind feels a lot colder, and I always like to make sure I'm warm enough if I'm walking around. 
  • Yay for an offer already!  Great news @ShesSoCold

i wish I had St Patricks day plans.  I’m gettijg my windshield replaced if that’s a “plan”?  Last night I bought 1 ticket to see Reba again.  I think it’ll be my 5th time.  4 1/2.  Walked out through one of them since the seats didnt hold me.  Vowed to only get good seats since then.  So I want to search for a hotel but work’s got me all working!

sounds fun @short+sassy.  My parents are going for memorial day weekend.  I’m going to put the days in hopper to see if I can fly out to NOLA cheap but right now, its not looking so good being a long werkend and all 😞 

• @SheSoCold, wow, awesome!  I hope the rest of your selling experience goes as smoothly.  You know why that happened, right?  Because you pre-made all that food and now apparently didn't have to, lol ;).

@Casadena, while NYC might end up being more crowded than you all expected, I'd embrace it and check it out.  NYC is supposed to be one of the places to go for St. Paddy Day.  But, then again, so is Chicago, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay for an offer already!  Great news @ShesSoCold

i wish I had St Patricks day plans.  I’m gettijg my windshield replaced if that’s a “plan”?  Last night I bought 1 ticket to see Reba again.  I think it’ll be my 5th time.  4 1/2.  Walked out through one of them since the seats didnt hold me.  Vowed to only get good seats since then.  So I want to search for a hotel but work’s got me all working!

sounds fun @short+sassy.  My parents are going for memorial day weekend.  I’m going to put the days in hopper to see if I can fly out to NOLA cheap but right now, its not looking so good being a long werkend and all 😞 
    Actually, it might be more because it is a little far out to be looking at fares.  I've heard that 4-8 weeks out is usually the sweet spot for the best prices.  I see ridiculous cheap fares between Chicago and NOLA fairly often.  When my H and I went in Aug., it was $126 r/t on Southwest.  So just keep your eye out.  Oh!  And the Hopper doesn't include SW fares data.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Yaaaaay for an offer!!! @ShesSoCold

We’re driving into your funky weather tonight @mrsconn23. Luckily we only have one outdoor game and it’s on turf.  I need to finish up some work, wrap m2’s bday gifts and I’m ready to load up. 

I posted My google search to my Facebook page because it made me laugh really hard. Wonder when my mom will call to ask...
  • Congrats on the offer SSC!
  • @short+sassy, we're definitely still going!  Just kind of threw my general itinerary a little out of whack because of all the streets that will be blocked off :)
  • My friend's birthday is on St. Patrick's Day so unfortunately I have to go out this year. 

I'm trying not to get too excited until after inspection, but we accepted an offer on the house. From the first guy to look at it. He's buying it for his mom who is having knee surgery and needs a ranch. Isn't that sweet? 

I have to laugh at myself. I made a ton of food for the freezer so we wouldn't have to cook and dirty up the kitchen while the house was on the market and we had showings. We had exactly one day of showings. LOLL. I probably never have to cook again in this state!

NOTHING to do at work, so I hope this week's Prudie is a lively one!
    Congrats!! I forget, where is your move destination? 

The weather is beautiful here. I just walked around without a coat for the first time in months. I don’t care that it’s going to be 30s and snowing tomorrow I was loving the warmth. 

• SSC - Congrats on the offer and that is so sweet!

Weather here is close to 60, so I will get out for a walk during lunch today.  Maybe take DD for another walk tonight since she loved it so much on Monday!  Tomorrow it will be even warmer but rainy, so who knows if we will be able to enjoy it all that much!

Yay for Prudie!

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @ShesSoCold that’s awesome, congrats! An Irish/Italian parade sounds awesome @short+sassy!  @Casadenaas i’d mentioned in your NYC post- the city will be insane, but lots of bars will have good drink specials.  The parade is fun to experience. Def bring the warm coat...it’s only supposed to be in the 40s here next week.  

Back at work today after my nurse mommy shifts.  Lots of catch up but good to be back.
  • So excited for you @ShesSoCold, and safe travels @Casadena.

I’m exhausted today. I’m sponsoring someone who’s in crisis and refuses to get help or accept the help I’m trying to give her. Work is challenging my faith in humanity as usual. I have a board meeting on Monday and have to get my shit somewhat together during the weekend. I’m grateful that I’m seeing the EAP counselor tonight after work.