Wedding Woes

Wednesday

I finally got a project that's been nagging at me done!  I do have a pretty busy day at work but, darn it!, I have other pressing personal things to do, lol.  Like getting more documents for my real estate (RE) loan.  I found a new lender last night that I think will work better for my current situation.  They're online and only do RE investment loans.  Their interest rates are higher than a conventional bank, but it's a much smoother, faster, and easier process.  

And writing a compelling and masterful cover letter, plus sculpting my resume, for the job I'm interested in that I mentioned yesterday, lol.  I had even less time to do that yesterday, but don't want to delay any further.  I did check out their website and am even more excited.  While they have done big projects, including in other parts of the country, they've also done major home renovations here locally.  And that is right in my wheelhouse for what I've done in my own LLC.  So I'm feeling stronger about my "feasibility analysis" skills.  In fact, I just did one for the duplexes I'm under contract for.  The program I use will spit out a professional looking report.  I'm going to include that with my resume and cover letter as real time example of my analysis skills.  I figure, if nothing else, it should at least make my response stand out from the herd a little.    
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wednesday

• Nice, S&S! I'm sending good vibes for the properties and the job! :) 

That stat really stuck with me - that men apply for jobs they're not totally qualified for but women don't. I am an insurance account manager, but in employee benefits. I applied for an admin position at an agency that had an account manager opening, but in commercial lines. Now I'm mad that I didn't apply for that one. I'll mention it if I get to talk to the hiring manager.

I think I picked the 17th as my last day of work. But man, 4 more weeks feels excruciating. 

I'm getting really antsy about the inspection (we're waiting to hear from the buyer to see if he wants us to fix anything). I want to know, dammit! 
    Thanks!

To the bolded.  Speaking for me personally, it's not so much a feeling of "I'm not good enough to apply", it is more a matter of using my time efficiently.  And I'm also referencing more when I am on an actual job hunt and don't have time to apply for everything I'd potentially be interested in.  Because, especially online, sometimes there is an application to fill out also.  And, at the very least, I somewhat tailor my resume to the job posting and definitely tailor my cover letter to it.  So I do tend to focus primarily on jobs I think would be in my salary range and that I'm well qualified for.

I can understand your sentiment about the inspection!  But, usually there is a timeframe in the PA when the inspection contingency ends.  How far away are you all from that ;)?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's exciting about the job! I know someone mentioned yesterday that men will always apply for a position they're not 100% qualified for, and I remember reading that around the time I was thinking about applying for this job. And that stayed with me. 

SSDD here. H is still away skiing and will be back tomorrow. I'm enjoying being able to watch all my trashy Bravo shows. 
  • I'm back to work today.  Feeling better though I wished I had an extra day at home, just because!

It usually yoga day, but I'm skipping this week since I am sick.  Though I probably could do one of my instructors more gentle classes, she has been pushing us a bit harder lately.  So I will wait until next week.

I do have to get over to the mall tonight.  I ordered an outfit for my friend's son's birthday and did ship to store.  Which in my head was in store pickup.  So even though his birthday was Thursday last week, the outfit has finally arrived!  LOL!  I have had his books for a bit, so I just have to get the clothes and ship the gift.  I really did try to get the gift shipped in time, it just didn't work out!

• Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly @short+sassy

I remember that that statistic from when I was applying to jobs a few years ago. I hadn’t been getting any interviews because I was entry level and I only was applying to those jobs. Finally I said fuck it and applied everywhere and that’s when I started to get interviews and job offers. 

I’m at the gym, trying to power through two hours of cardio and it feels like forever. I have to accompany my parents to my dad’s follow-up cardiology appointment and then we might go to dinner. I need to pick up a shift tomorrow for work and I’m already salty about it. Oh well. Money trumps grumpy feelings. 

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2019
    Glad you’re feeling a bit better @OliveOilsMom and echoing the others, thanks for sharing that stat yesterday @charlotte989875

I’m still feeling about 80%..like if I was healthy I’d be 100%...I’m in this weird limbo like am I getting a cold or not? So waiting for it to clear up (or get worse lol).  SSDD at work.

edit bc only half my post showed up the first time 
  • eileenrob said:
    Glad you’re feeling a bit better @OliveOilsMom and echoing the others, thanks for sharing that stat yesterday @charlotte989875

I’m still feeling about 80%..like if I was healthy I’d be 100%...I’m in this weird limbo like am I getting a cold or not? So waiting for it to clear up (or get worse lol).  SSDD at work.

edit bc only half my post showed up the first time 
    That’s how I feel, too. Not terrible but not great either. 

Work has been (relatively) slow today and that’s a nice change from how things have been. I’ve got a lot to do but it feels manageable and not harried. 

Not much else going on really. H worked from home and was supposed to get my car inspected but I’ve asked him twice how it is and he hasn’t replied. I’m a little worried it failed and he’s just not telling me. 
  • It’s been so busy at work and I got no sleep!  Went to bed later than usual and was woken up at 3:15 with some banging on the door and yelling.  Thought it was mine!  Turns out it was my neighbor banging on the window facing my house trying to get in.
    this couple fights a lot.  So I bet she locked him out because he was out drinking. Or, I mean he could have been working (my H could easily come home from work at 3:15 am) but It seemed like a drunk situation to meZ Anyway after that - I couldnt get back to sleep.  My workout did not have the usual pam oomph. 

@levioosa.  2 hrs of cardio?  I can barley do 45 min!  Of walking.  Why would you do that to yourself?

fingers crossed for you @short+sassy

hope everyone gets better by the weekend. 

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I think my mom got taken on a scam.  She had a big pop up with a call this number ad. She called it and let them take over her computer to "clean it up." She kept saying the ad had a Microsoft logo so she thought it was legit.  Except the phone number isn't Microsoft. I found the website of the company and it does have that number, but the site is about web design.  Nowhere does it say anything about fixing viruses.  I also found the number on another website called Jesus Shield.

She seems to think the worst they can do is wipe the computer. Um, no mom.  At some point I know she had put in credit card numbers and passwords and all kinds of crap.  She also has access to all of my uncle's information.

I told her to watch her banking accounts and credit cards over the next few days and to put a freeze on her credit cards and pull a report in a week.  Is there anything else she can do right now?

• 6fsn said:

I think my mom got taken on a scam.  She had a big pop up with a call this number ad. She called it and let them take over her computer to "clean it up." She kept saying the ad had a Microsoft logo so she thought it was legit.  Except the phone number isn't Microsoft. I found the website of the company and it does have that number, but the site is about web design.  Nowhere does it say anything about fixing viruses.  I also found the number on another website called Jesus Shield.

She seems to think the worst they can do is wipe the computer. Um, no mom.  At some point I know she had put in credit card numbers and passwords and all kinds of crap.  She also has access to all of my uncle's information.

I told her to watch her banking accounts and credit cards over the next few days and to put a freeze on her credit cards and pull a report in a week.  Is there anything else she can do right now?

I’d say it has huge potential to be a hacker.  I have no idea what else to do but maybe shut down the card she uses online regardless (I only have one thats used).    

• @6fsn, oh man :(.  That is 100% guaranteed they were up to no good.  My H is an IT guy and I'll ask him tonight what steps she should take now.  Because she still shouldn't trust her computer. They could have installed a key logger and would still be able to pull up any new passwords or new 'cc numbers she gets.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Can she call her bank and CC now and report fraud? 
  • Dad is being transferred to a skilled nursing facility today.  I'm so relieved he's not coming home.  Now, we have to transition to worrying about them finally getting his blood sugar under control, so he can start actually healing and doing his PT.  Not sure quite how long he'll be there, but I think we're looking at a minimum of 7-10 days.

I did a big project on about 7 cases today and I'm just done with work and have been.  I've got stuff to do tomorrow and it'll get done then, b/c I'm wiped out.  

@6fsn, she can grab Spybot (free) and run it right now to see what else they've left on her computer and get off any spyware left. Since they've already gotten her, I recommend getting her some sort of firewall/protection software.  Most people us McAfee.  After that, she can start changing PWs.  Depending on how much she uses Google, the Chrome extension that suggests/remembers PW is getting good reviews, b/c they're totally random and long as hell PWs.  She can also put a lock on her credit reports themselves, b/c that keeps anyone from opening new accounts without providing some serious information.  I'd just call her CCs and have new ones issues completely, as well as her bank information.
  • @CharmedPam I’m trying to get in shape for Cancún and the only thing that seems to help me lose weight is eating like there’s no joy left in the world and really long cardio days. I’ve been doing an hour consistently and now I’m bumping it up to 2 a day if I can swing the time. Ideally I would just swim for an hour in the morning and then do an hour of elliptical at night, but overall that translates into a lot more time at the gym with commuting and changing outfits. 

• levioosa said:
    @CharmedPam I’m trying to get in shape for Cancún and the only thing that seems to help me lose weight is eating like there’s no joy left in the world and really long cardio days. I’ve been doing an hour consistently and now I’m bumping it up to 2 a day if I can swing the time. Ideally I would just swim for an hour in the morning and then do an hour of elliptical at night, but overall that translates into a lot more time at the gym with commuting and changing outfits. 
    Major determination!  If I don’t eat well and work out, my WL is a goner.

Glad to hear your dad will get the help he needs @VarunaTT

• 6 - I would recommend she freeze her credit if not already done, and notify her bank accounts, uncle's accounts, and credit cards. They may go ahead and issue new numbers to her just to be safe - which of course is a pain in the ass, but better than losing $$ especially for a bank account or debit card.

My grandma did this years ago. She didn't feel comfortable with it but did anyway and then decided it was a bad idea and turned the computer off. I don't think she ended up with any bad things thankfully but she got new cc just to be safe