Wedding Woes

Fri-Yay!!

Happy Friday friends, we made it! (Almost) Anyome have fun weekend plans? 

A long week, but last night we relaxed, had excellent BCBC, and watched Parks & Rec, so I’m in a good mood this morning. 

Im going to see my godson in Bye Bye Birdie tonight and grab dinner with my parents. They love about an hour away so it’s always a full day/night affair and I haven’t been out in a while. 

Tomorrow were going to check check out some chairs & hopefully start to pull our kitchen area together. We have a beautiful table but no chairs so we’ve been eating in the living room since we moved. We’re hoping to start actually eating at the table!

Re: Fri-Yay!!

• Good luck with the updates, SSC.   I hope you scared them straight. 

I spent an hour and a half in IT hell because my computer would not put through the updates it told me it needed.  I had to call the service desk after about an hour of "Configuring updates.  Don't turn off your computer." and jack shit happening and then another half hour with IT.  I'm back in, but damn am I already looking forward to the drinks I'll have after work. 

I have to go get DefConn from school in about an hour and a half and then my parents will be here to get him. And then they'll be OFF!  I'm so excited for him to take this vacation, but we're going to miss him SO much.  At least I finished packing him while my computer was hung up.  

I'm going to dinner with my sisters tonight.  No idea what we're doing tomorrow.  Sunday we're going to have an early dinner at a Brazilian steak house with a GC that my parents gave us for our bdays.  Bring on the meat baby. 
  • For once, I actually have a lot going on!  A few errands and then my inspections are at 2PM today.  I've been anticipating them all week and only wish they'd been sooner.  At least it's sunny all day.  I'd been worried about that because I always want the roof checked by an experienced eye but, for safety, inspectors won't climb onto the roof if it's been raining.  I know there is deferred maintenance and am definitely nervous on how much.

I've used the same inspector for years, though this is the first time I've scheduled an inspection with him over the last two years.  He has really upped his tech game!  He has a very professional website with all the bells and whistles now.  He has calendar with his availability and customers can book their own appointment.  When an inspection is scheduled, it auto-sends a link to electronically sign his contract (obviously prepared by a lawyer).  And another link to pay for the inspection online.  It must save him so much time and hassle now.

After the inspection, my H and I are going out to dinner.  Not sure where but, since we'll be in a different part of the city, it's a good opportunity to explore somewhere new or a an old favorite we don't have closer to home.  Hopefully it will be a celebratory one, lol.

On Sunday, there is a big Irish-Italian parade in the suburbs.  It's my favorite parade (I like it even better than the Mardi Gras ones) and I look forward to it every year.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Get me the fuck outta here.
    The two people in my delartment stick their nose into myy business All. The. Time.  No i don’t ask for help.  I can’t even talk to the admin without one of them walking in on the convo and going “what?”
    and then she tells them.  Then said person, again, butts in.  I told her its not a big deal (which its not) and I got it. But once again my coworkers have made mountains out of molehills.  I can’t with them anymore!

i have to fast for 12 hrs tonight for bloodwork.  I’m thinking 8 pm - 8 am and I should be good but damn, I hate when I’m told when and when not to eat. 

• I feel like I need six more hours of sleep. Yesterday I picked up a shift and it was hell. We were short staffed so we didn’t get breaks or a lunch. I finally scarfed down the snack I brought at 5 pm. Meanwhile our manager did nothing to help, but would come in the unit to micromanage inconsequential shit. And I had an annoying coworker who was pissed because someone complained about her excessive breaks. Which, I didn’t notice until she said something. Sure enough, she took like a ten minute break every hour. It was especially annoying because the rest of us were drowning, but still trying to help each other out. I also don’t like this coworker anyways because she’s a racist POS so it was kind of just icing on the cake. 

Tomorrow I’m going to Mexico for the day with FSIL. It’s FIs and my anniversary tomorrow too so I might try to pick up food from one of our favorite restaurants in SD on the way back. We’ve been so focused on our upcoming trip we kind of forgot about the anniversary lol. Otherwise it’s homework and errands today. 

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Rainy and dreary here. My hairdresser doesn’t appear to be coming back after having her baby. I kinda knew it was coming and I was kinda ready to break up with her, but I wanted it to be my decision:). 

Not much this weekend. Baby shower for dh’s niece, 2 soccer practices, m2’s family bday party. 

for a few years I’ve been saying we need to remove a tee and get another one trimmed. I finally got around to getting a quote and now o just need a date. I also made a reservation for m2s first communion lunch. 
  • Leviosa - Happy Anniversary!

Our postponed anniversary plans are now tomorrow.  So we will have our couples massage and then dinner at Cheesecake Factory.  We decided to skip a movie, since we are trying to be frugal through April, since we have our extra half mortgage payment then.  I would have suggested doing the virtual reality gaming groupon we have, but its in the exact opposite direction of the massage and CF.  So we will probably use that up for my birthday in May instead.

Sunday will be dinner at SIL/BILs house for MILs birthday dinner.  I am making the cake and already baked off the layers yesterday.  I am trying to do something fun and added gel food dye to the layers and have an ombre effect going.  I'm going to try and do something similar for the icing too.  I used to go all out baking cakes, but haven't done much the last few years.  So I'm trying to get back into it.  I guess my pizza cake from DDs birthday party has inspired me!

We have to hit up Church on Sunday and do some other cleaning around the house, but I'm hoping for an overall relaxing weekend.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Oh and a mom update- she took her computer to her local people. They didn’t find anything bad in there. I found out she paid this first company though! She put a fraud alert on the card and is getting a new one issued. 
  • Happy Anniversary Levioosa!  Enjoy your delayed plans OOM!

SSC I hope you hear soon. When I sold my house I remember getting a ridiculous list. They asked for everything under the sun on the inspection. What annoyed me the most was stuff that was fine when I bought the house (ie not seen as a problem) but was for this one. It is possible my inspector when I bought just missed a bunch of stuff. idk. 

AFM, nothing going on as usual. I think it might be a bit nicer this weekend so some outside time is in order. Today is 3 weeks of low carb/2 weeks of Keto. Still haven't cheated although I've been tempted a few times. Probably helps that we don't have active social lives so not having to worry about eating out or parties much. It will be harder starting in April when my parents are back in town because when we go there it is always junkfood central. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Enjoy your plans everyone!
    Busy here today.  My sister’s bridal shower is this Sunday- yay!
  • We got the updated letter.

He removed like 8 things. From the list of 59. And they were all stupid crap like "clean debris from remains of wasp nest in crawl space" and we no longer need to fix the washing machine he doesn't want. Oh, gee, thanks.

But he still seems to think that we're going to spend like $30K on repairs to make this a brand new home. And he's asking for a closing credit to install screens. 

We're obviously going to go over the list and see what we're willing to do. Although at this point, given the fact that he wants us to pay him to install a self-closer on a door, I'm tempted to just say that we're clearly too far apart on this and he's welcome to pull his offer. But I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face and we need advice from our realtor. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • SSC - Sorry he didn't remove more items from the list.  But debris of a wasp nest?  Cross that one off as a no and move to the next item.  I would go through the list and just decide what you can and can't do.  He can go pound sand on the window screens.  He viewed the house and put in an offer without them.  If he wanted screens so badly, that could have been drafted into his offer.  He didn't, so too bad, so sad.

6 - Glad your mom took the computer to someone to look at! 

• SSC did you have any other offers or do you need to hold onto this one? I hope you can find somewhere to meet in the middle. Your realtor should be able to help with that 
  • SSC - Sorry he didn't remove more items from the list.  But debris of a wasp nest?  Cross that one off as a no and move to the next item.  I would go through the list and just decide what you can and can't do.  He can go pound sand on the window screens.  He viewed the house and put in an offer without them.  If he wanted screens so badly, that could have been drafted into his offer.  He didn't, so too bad, so sad.

6 - Glad your mom took the computer to someone to look at! 

What's funny is that the screens are in the house, stacked in a closet. I take them out for the winter. So he's literally asking us to pay him to go into the basement, pick up the screens, carry them upstairs and put them into the windows. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • kvruns said:
    SSC did you have any other offers or do you need to hold onto this one? I hope you can find somewhere to meet in the middle. Your realtor should be able to help with that 
    We had other people ask to offer, but they hadn't even seen the house and they declined when they learned our current buyer had no contingencies. That's going to be part of my conversation with the realtor, because we had at least 2 other people who were SUPER interested in the house. The current buyer was the first guy to look at it and we only had 3 showings (on the market 2 days) before his offer. 
  • SSC, can you counter his list with a list of what you are willing to do? I’m pretty sure that’s what happened when we bought our house. He’s probably just practicing the advice of “ask for everything and get a few things.” I know at some real estate “seminars” for flippers they will tell you to list every little minute thing that could be possibly wrong with a home, even down to a scuff on an interior wall, in order to get the seller to drop their selling price. 

• edited March 2019
    levioosa said:
    SSC, can you counter his list with a list of what you are willing to do? I’m pretty sure that’s what happened when we bought our house. He’s probably just practicing the advice of “ask for everything and get a few things.” I know at some real estate “seminars” for flippers they will tell you to list every little minute thing that could be possibly wrong with a home, even down to a scuff on an interior wall, in order to get the seller to drop their selling price. 
    Yes, of course, that's what we're going to do. I'm just super irritated that he wants us to pay him to replace the furnace filter. That needs to be done every month. That will be dirty again by the time he takes possession of the house. It's just so much super small bullshit stuff that it's almost insulting.

Edited. I just looked at this letter again. He is generous enough to ask for a closing credit, rather than fix the dryer he doesn't want. This fuckhead wants me to pay him for a problem with a dryer that won't be in the house. What will be in the house, though, is a big pile of shit. 
  • @ShesSoCold is your realtor thinking that this guy likes to play games?  What does your realtor think of his realtor? 

We never sold (because no one wanted to buy our condo in 2010 for 1/3 DH paid) but when MIL and FIL talked real estate both 11 years ago and last year they mentioned that their agent was pretty good about discussing what was a "legitimate" ask vs. ones that get to be handled in a well word-smithed note that such a request does not make sense.   They also commented about how the selling realtor for their condo was a novice and it showed.  And they weren't bulldog buyers but it was very apparent that one realtor had much experience in this and the other just didn't know what she was doing to understand what was realistic. 
  • banana468 said:
    @ShesSoCold is your realtor thinking that this guy likes to play games?  What does your realtor think of his realtor? 

We never sold (because no one wanted to buy our condo in 2010 for 1/3 DH paid) but when MIL and FIL talked real estate both 11 years ago and last year they mentioned that their agent was pretty good about discussing what was a "legitimate" ask vs. ones that get to be handled in a well word-smithed note that such a request does not make sense.   They also commented about how the selling realtor for their condo was a novice and it showed.  And they weren't bulldog buyers but it was very apparent that one realtor had much experience in this and the other just didn't know what she was doing to understand what was realistic. 
    I would agree with this; our selling attorney was excellent in telling us what was a legit request and what she would politely be telling them was not going to be addressed. Same when we bought the second time; we were getting a great deal on the house already and our (extremely experienced) agent basically told us to ask for a little off the selling price because the roof needed immediate repair but we should let the rest go. We did and they took a bit off the price but we were already getting it below asking in a strong sellers market. 

It sounds like your buyer is getting poor advice (depending on your market but it sounds like a strong selling market based on the interest and quick offer), which would make me wary about how they will be throughout the process.