Wedding Woes

Forgetful Thursday

I feel weird being a newbie and starting a thread but I am bored since I am not fully back into work yet. It’s only my fourth day back after maternity leave and I already forgot my pump parts. I washed them last night and laid them out to dry and never put them back in my bag! Luckily my husband is home and he is going to bring them to me, which means I get to see my baby!(  We are super lucky and H gets paid paternity leave. He was also able to split his time. He took 4 weeks when she was born and is now taking another 4 weeks now that I am back at work.) I am getting on amazon and ordering a spare set to keep at work though in case I forget in the future. 

Re: Forgetful Thursday

• I love hearing about companies who give paid paternity leave. Need more of those around!

Annoying coworker is gone till next Thursday and I have a feeling this will be the best work week ever.  Ain’t nothing going to bring me down!  Good riddance to her.  She was in my business all the way up till the very end on Tuesday, poking her nose in where it didn’t belong.

other than that - SSDD.   

• Welcome back to work and welcome to WW!

I got rear ended on my way home from work yesterday. We're both fine, we were going pretty slowly. I slowed/stopped to turn left off a main drag and the girl behind me didn't stop in time. Her car was ALL smashed up but mine is fine. Like, we had to look for the one tiny scratch on the bumper. But since she went up under me, rather than straight into me, I'm taking it in anyway to make sure there's no mechanical issues back there. 

At first I was all pissed off but she was so sorry and so sweet so I felt bad. We've all (most) been there. She works at the bar that we could see from where she hit me that H and I walk to often. She didn't have a current insurance card in the car so I really hope she is insured and just didn't put the card in the car. Hopefully her car isn't that bad and mine is fine and we can all move on. 

SSDD here. Weird stuff going on at work so I'm laying low and staying in my lane. Six more days!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Wow that's awesome that H's company offers paternity leave!

SSC - glad everyone's ok and hope you guys get the insurance stuff sorted out easily.

This week has been good so far.  H has had a bunch of evening events for work, which means takeout and new shows for me :)  I started Outlander on Monday night and am almost done with the first season.  It's so good. 

I have to run a bunch of errands tonight after work and then i'm planting my butt on the couch to finish season 1 and fold laundry. 

• Welcome @Jstump2!  It's awesome that you DH gets paternity leave.

The weather here has lost its damn mind.  We started with snow yesterday about 11 AM and got about 4".  Then it turned to rain and then sleet.  Overnight we got thunder, lightning, high winds, more sleet and then another couple of inches of snow.  More thunderstorms with sleet and high winds today.  I'm at work because I'm on Day 4 of a 10 orientation with 3 sites that I facilitate and we can't cancel.  However, 2 of my 3 presenters are working from home so we are punting.  Ugh!
  • SSC - Glad you are ok!

Jstump - Glad H is home to deliver the parts!  And that is great for paternity leave!  We would have qualified for NJ Family Leave for both myself and H, but H carries our insurance and its a high premium.  So if he took the family leave we have to pay the whole premium out of pocket, which would have been too big of a hit to the wallet.  If we have a second, we will probably be able to save up to pay the premiums so H can take a month or so.

Yoga was nice, but move around stirred up all the congestion in my head, so I ended up with a headache.  So I took a nice steamy shower before bed to help clear me out.  Tylenol helped with the pain too.  This morning I woke up with a scratchy throat.  I just want this over with!  I hope I'm not getting sick again and its just post nasal drip.

Not sure what is going on tonight.  Hopefully just relaxing.  Yay Prudie day!

• That sucks about the accident @ShesSoCold

Yay for maternity leave!

feel better @OliveOilsMom!

I’m trying to motivate myself to go to the gym. I went late last night so I feel like I was just there. If my knees cooperate I’d like to do intervals today on the stairmaster and treadmill. Then I have to stop by work to get my annual TB test read which feels like a waste of time. I think I’m going to try balayage for the summer so I have a hair consultation today before I leave for my test review. The review isn’t far, but it’s far enough and early enough that my friend and I decided to stay in a hotel. At least it’s in an area with great food. 

• @Charmedpam so true! It is kind of ironic though that he gets better paternity leave than I did maternity. (More time and full pay)
  • @JStump2, congrats on the new baby!  Hang in there for your first week back to work.  I'm sure it's not easy.

@ShesSoCold, sorry to hear about the accident!  I'm glad both you and the other driver are physically okay and that it didn't appear there was too much damage to your car.  I did have a car accident a few years ago that didn't have too much body damage, but apparently there was a lot of mechanical damage.  Between that and the air bag going off (spendy to replace), they totaled out my car.

I've also been rearended a few times and it does seem like the car that causes the accident is the one that gets really messed up and the front car is largely fine.  I remember one of them where the accident crumpled the other car's hood into a big upside down "V" shape.  He had to be towed away.  I had some major scrapes on my bumper, but that was it.  The bumper was the only thing that needed to be replaced.  I drove away after exchanging info and just continued on with my day.

@CharmedPam, yay annoying coworker gone for a week!

@mrsconn23, I hate when there is such a huge change in temperature like that over the course of just ONE day, lol.  Where I live, March-April and mid-Sept.-mid-Nov. is usually perfect weather time.  Not much need for heat or a/c.  It's great right now!

Just when I think people can't shock and appall me in a new way, I am proven wrong.  I was driving home from work yesterday.  I'm on a fairly main road and traffic is pretty busy because, ya know, it's rush hour.  I'm at a stop light with a few cars in front of me.  The guy in the car two up from me gets out of his car and is smiling at the guy in the car directly in front of me.  At first I'm like, "What fresh hell?  OMG, get back in your car, jerk!  Talk to your buddy later."

Oh, but it gets even better.  They only talk for a few seconds and then the first guy goes back to his car, leans in, and comes back to the other car with money in his hand.  He exchanges the money with that driver for a tiny plastic baggie with what looks like blue pills in it.

Really?  REALLY?!?  Are you serious with me right now?  Look, a$$holes, valuable tip for you.  The next time you're engaging in a drug deal, it's MUCH less noticeable to pull over to the side of the road.  Instead of doing it in front of a dozen witnesses...who are all already looking at and glaring at you because you're blocking a lane of traffic during rush hour.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy birthday, and I feel your vacation withdrawal pain @ILoveBeachMusic

• @ILoveBeachMusic, your vacation sounds wonderful!  Happy birthday and what a great way to spend it!  You all went to Charleston (if I'm remembering correctly)?  
    I've only been a couple times, but I love the Carolinas.  Both North and South.  Great weather, nice beaches on the coast, great food.  On a long-term plan, I'm giving thought to moving there.  Because of the French influences in both cities, Charleston has always reminded me of New Orleans more proper and genteel sibling, lol.

Which I don't mean as a dig at NOLA at all.  Just that the cities have very similar vibes on one hand and different ones on the other.  It's high tea vs. hurricanes.  But both glasses have a fleur de lis on them and they're being sipped on wrought iron balconies, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks @CharmedPam it is so hard to leave! Tons of fresh seafood and warm temperatures! Sure beats the midwest. But I am a southern girl at heart -ok I may have had a few too many cocktails this afternoon. H treats me really well! He gave me a lovely pendant and chain as a present- custom made. If I could only figure out how to post a picture. 
  • Caveat, my "source" is Orkin.  But these are supposedly the 50 most termite-infested cities.  Surprise, surprise (not).  Lots of port cities and/or in warmer climates.

1. Miami
    2. Los Angeles
    3. Tampa
    4. New York
    5. New Orleans
    6. Atlanta
    7. Washington, D.C.
    8. West Palm Beach
    9. San Francisco
    10. Dallas
    11. San Diego
    12. Orlando
    13. Phoenix
    14. Houston
    15. Raleigh, N.C.
    16. Philadelphia
    17. Baltimore
    18. Nashville
    19. Chicago
    20. Charlotte, N.C.
    21. Ft. Myers
    22. Norfolk, Va.
    23. Knoxville
    24. Greenville, S.C.
    25. Charleston, West Va.
    26. Mobile, Ala.
    27. Indianapolis
    28. Cincinnati
    29. Pittsburgh
    30. Kansas City
    31. Richmond, Va.
    32. Honolulu
    33. St. Louis
    34. Oklahoma City
    35. Tulsa
    36. Denver
    37. Columbia, S.C.
    38. Jacksonville
    39. Lexington
    40. San Antonio
    41. Chattanooga, Tenn.
    42. Columbus, Ohio
    43. Grand Rapids, Mich.
    44. Boston
    45. Charleston, S.C.
    46. Baton Rouge
    47. Louisville
    48. Savannah, Ga.
    49. Roanoke, Va.
    50. Champaign, Ill
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy Birthday, ILoveBeachMusic!
  • Welcome, @Jstump2. Paternity leave sounds great. But I hear that it's infrequently used.

Happy birthday @ILoveBeachMusic!

@ShesSoCold, I'm sorry to hear about your accident. But I'm glad you're okay.

I am dealing with the weirdness of a light workload with too many gaps in it that I'm filling in with CPE. Even though the firm I work for doesn't have many tax clients, it's weird to have so little work to do and I'm starting to wonder if I need to look for a new job.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

i keep seeing this title and thinking it’s yesterday’s post. 
  • WTG OP for just ordering the extra set of parts!  I think I had three sets here when I was in that phase, and I didn't even have to pack it to take to the office.  Membranes - remember the spare membranes (if your supply suddenly drops, change that part out... Learned this the hard way back when EP and LC/LLL were NOT pro-pumping)...  

Also - you're normal!  Mommy Brain is real!
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Happy birthday @ILoveBeachMusic , the vacation sounds amazing!
  • @ILoveBeachMusic, your vacation sounds wonderful!  Happy birthday and what a great way to spend it!  You all went to Charleston (if I'm remembering correctly)?  
    I've only been a couple times, but I love the Carolinas.  Both North and South.  Great weather, nice beaches on the coast, great food.  On a long-term plan, I'm giving thought to moving there.  Because of the French influences in both cities, Charleston has always reminded me of New Orleans more proper and genteel sibling, lol.

Which I don't mean as a dig at NOLA at all.  Just that the cities have very similar vibes on one hand and different ones on the other.  It's high tea vs. hurricanes.  But both glasses have a fleur de lis on them and they're being sipped on wrought iron balconies, lol.
    Yes, we are right outside Charleston. Charleston has its share of hurricanes though. There has been a lot of damage on the barrier islands over the last few years due to hurricanes. I do love the history of the area and the French influence. Great food city too! I'm from NC but my family is from SC. I'd love to live in either if it weren't for the fact that the grand twins are in Chicago! I'm dreading heading north on Saturday. We just had a lovely Italian dinner at a very reasonable price. It was delicious with very innovative textures and combinations of flavors. Not to mentions the delicious pasta. I've never been to New Orleans but I have heard that the two cities are cousins.
  • Welcome @Jstump2!

@ShesSoCold, I’m so glad you’re OK! Definitely get the car checked out though.

@short+sassy, that is wild! As someone in recovery, I’ve heard some interesting drug-related stories, but nothing like that that I can recall.

SSDD at work, except that it’s the first day of shark week and the cramps hit shortly after I got to my desk. Fortunately I keep Tylenol at work and Advil at home. I did finish my book club book and loved it. Now I’m reminding myself that I’m an adult in my mid-40s and I really need to get to bed.
  • Welcome @Jstump2!

@ShesSoCold, I’m so glad you’re OK! Definitely get the car checked out though.

@short+sassy, that is wild! As someone in recovery, I’ve heard some interesting drug-related stories, but nothing like that that I can recall.

SSDD at work, except that it’s the first day of shark week and the cramps hit shortly after I got to my desk. Fortunately I keep Tylenol at work and Advil at home. I did finish my book club book and loved it. Now I’m reminding myself that I’m an adult in my mid-40s and I really need to get to bed.
    Not only that @short+sassy could have been an under cover cop!