Wedding Woes

Friday, yay!

We've almost made it!  The oncoming pollen-calypse is going to make my summer a living breathing hell, I can already tell.

I've thrown my hat into the ring for a position that would be a major career change, but something I've been interested in for a really long time.  I'm applying to be an event manager for the agency that runs all of the city official downtown events.  Since I've run one of the largest not city official downtown events for the past 3 years (Pridefest) and am able to show a 300% increase in attendance, vendors, revenue, and other logistical improvements, I think I can at least be considered.  I know the 2 people who would be interviewing me b/c of my work with Pridefest, so I'm really hoping that's enough to get my foot in the door.  I would work 2 blocks from my apartment.  I put a cover letter first followed by my resume and the cover letter is longer than normal, but I thought it was important to make my case.

K and I are in disagreement about how to move forward with their school stuff, but I've told them they know my thoughts and they have to make their choice. Hopefully it all works out, but I think I'm going to be stressed for the next month.

Other than that, there's a roller derby game I have to go to this weekend since it'll be K's last for awhile (they're taking a leave of absence from derby to deal with the school stuff and it'll mean they miss the next game) and I have a mileage run.

Re: Friday, yay!

• Good luck with the job prospect.  It sounds exciting and in your wheelhouse.  ;)  I hope you and K can resolve the issues with the school stuff. 

Tonight, we're going to try and get some light housework done.  Tomorrow, we're popping over to OH to attend my nephew's 1st bday party.  Sunday will probably be shopping and maybe trying to get something done around the house. 

The next few weeks are going to be crazy for us.  I have an office day next week, DH is going to the NFL draft in 2 weeks, and then my CA trip is only 3 weeks away.  Plus Easter is in there. 
  • Sounds like an awesome opportunity for you, Varuna!!

We've got a busy weekend. It's looking like we're going to be super busy until we leave. Tomorrow I have a tattoo removal, H has a tattoo and our friend is having a going away party for us. But my removal conflicts with H's tattoo and H's tattoo conflicts with this party so IDK WTF we're going to do, logistically. Sunday we're going to dinner with H's family. We've still got some work to do on the house before the re-inspection on Wednesday so that'll keep us busy in between everything. 

We leave 3 weeks from today! Eeeek!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Good luck V!!!  I’m not sure you need luck with your great qualities though. 

Dh is actually meeting his brother for dinner. I’m really uneasy about it. This is a first in 15 years so I’m wondering if we’re in trouble for something or if something is wrong with the parents. 

10 games and 2 practices this weekend. See y’all in June. 
  • @VarunaTT Good luck with the job prospect! 
    @Casadena Good luck with the tryout!

Thank goodness it's Friday. The office is quiet today so hopefully I can get a lot done. I was supposed to have a girls night with my BFF but she's currently in the hospital with a respiratory infection. I feel awful for her - she's going through some serious GI issues and now this. I've got to think of something I can do for her to help or at least cheer her up.

Tomorrow H and I have a 14 mile run in the morning and then we're going to bring the dogs over to his parents house. They're gone for the weekend and so is their dog, so we can let our little guys run wild around their yard. It'll be nice to sit out on the deck in the warmer weather. Sunday I have to go see my dad for his birthday and do a deep clean on the house.
  • @VarunaTT that sounds great!  Getting paid for what you were volunteering to do!  Perfect.
    @shessocold! Ahhh!  It’s so surreal now. 3 weeks is nothing
    @cupcait927, sorry to hear about your friend
    @6fsn never ends, does it?

i canceled my out of town trip this weekend to finish a huge annoying inconvenient project that’s taking forever.  I cleared the O.T. With my boss so I’m working all weekend.  It’s nothing hard.  I have to watch reports run and make sure the templates don’t break.  A monkey can do it.  So yeah, I’ll take time and a half for it.  And I already rewarded myself with a pair of sandals with the extra money.  Lol.  Bring on spring/summer so i can wear these. 

• Fuck yes, it's Friday! I'm ready to get the hell out of here. 

I'm getting my nails done tomorrow. My nail salon has a points rewards system, and I have a free spa pedicure I can get. I'm super excited. Their spa pedicures are amazing. 

Sunday we're going to brunch for my friend's 40th birthday. How are all my friends turning 40!??! Thankfully I still have until next year...haha. 
  • @VarunaTT, good luck with the job!  It sounds really exciting and right up your alley.  They'd be crazy not to consider your heavy volunteer work with Pridefest and knowing two people on the interview committee is a huge advantage.

@Casadena, good luck with the tryout!  I'd think that would be a fun and really neat experience to sing the anthem at a sporting event.

I did mystery shop dinner last night and am procrastinating writing the report.  I'm hoping to get at least most of it done over the next hour because I have ANOTHER big mystery shop to do this afternoon.  The afternoon one is definitely out of the ordinary because I'm evaluating a service provider that is coming to my house to do a mosquito treatment.  It's a new client for the MS company I'm working for.

I've always been curious on how well those work.  But was hesitant because it's a chunk of change for something that may not work that well.  Needless to say, I jumped at the opportunity to do it as a mystery shop because now I'll be reimbursed for the treatment, plus get a fee.

But before that appointment, I have to go to Walmart for my pick-up order.  I placed the order last night and was going over it with my H to make sure we weren't forgetting anything.  One of the items is dog food.  We started jokingly wondering, "If we stopped feeding Izzy for awhile, would she shrink down and turn back into a puppy?"  Alas, we never knew Izzy as a puppy.  We adopted her when she was around 18 months old.  So we sometimes wonder what she looked like and we make our best guesses about what her "puppy personality" would have been like.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • V - Good luck, it sounds like a great opportunity!

I made my first batch of Bobka for the Easter season last night.  I went to bake it up this morning.  Instead of doing 325 convection, I did 325 regular oven.  When I went to do the egg wash step, the buns were still really soft, which is when I realized I set the oven wrong!  So I had to try and course correct the baking.  So needless to say, the buns got a little dark on the bottom and sides.  The bobka itself isn't too overcooked, but more than I prefer, so I am bummed!  I will still eat all of it! LOL!

Not much tonight or this weekend.  The only big things I want to do is take both shower curtain liners down and put them outside for a good scrubbing.  I also would like to do the Windex Outdoor to clean the windows.  I never got around to do that outside last year, so the windows could really use the cleaning.  We will also fit in church on Saturday.

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Good luck with the new career @VarunaTT and with the tryout @Casadena.  Ugh about working all weekend @CharmedPam although that's nice about the sandals.
    TGIF.  The kids have 4th birthday parties both Saturday and Sunday, although Sat is my niece's party, at my sister and BILs house, so it'll be nice seeing family.  Holy Week is kicking off with Palm Sunday mass...the kids have finally started all behaving decently (we only have to go to the back once-ish), so I'm anticipating the longer-than-usual mass leading to some regression.  Jesus take the wheel (literally).
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    A soccer mom has lost her damn mind. I
    had to put her number on ignore. 
  • We’ve got a busy weekend on the books. We have 2 Easter egg hunts tomorrow.  One is 5 minutes from our house and the other is at my dads company. My parents live 40 minutes away. We will be heading there about noon. Then we are leaving my 3yo to spend the night at my parents. She has zero separation anxiety and will be so excited to be spoiled by the grandparents haha. Then we are heading back home and will take the baby to H’s parents later on. Then me and H have a fundraiser to attend for dinner. After, we will pick up the baby and go home.

The next day I am heading to pick up the 3yo and we are meeting my childhood best friend for lunch. She lives by my parents (my hometown).  At some point I also need to catch up on laundy/cleaning etc. and am already tired just thinking about everything.

• Good luck @VarunaTT and @Casadena

@6fsn please share, I could do with some drama outside of my circle.

my day was okay. My friend has her 4 y/o daughter taking lessons with me and the pony threw her off twice today. That’s why I fucking hate ponies, they are the devil. 

I am thinking of signing the baby (and me) up for Sing and Sign classes. The teacher is a acquaintance who I really enjoy and her son was signing around 45 words by the time he was 18months. But I was also thinking about swim classes... idk. I am probably getting ahead of myself for a 6 month old. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member

@missJeanLouise it's terribly unexciting.  Our club has 3 teams in our age group.  The head coach picked up 3 extra games with a team in the age group above us.  He's combining our 3 teams and splitting them up to play those 3 games.  A parent (and admin) on team 3 is bent out of shape that there is not an even distribution of kids from each team on the roster for the first game. 

She just tends to text incessantly when she gets upset. Then she'll comment on my kid getting different play time and stuff.  My kid is a keeper.  His life is not the same as the other players. 

• 6- Oh. Did she at least send something in all caps?

My best friend at the barn is seemingly trying to get the head trainer fired and it is a big mess, I am just trying to stay out of it and keep my job. I hate drama in my life but love hearing about it from others. 
  • So my Friday at work just took an exciting turn. One of my coworkers has a horse and she boards him about 15 mins from our office. She's been dying to have us go out and visit the barn so today a bunch of us finally went over. We got to see horses (including mini horses), goats, and the cutest little barn dog ever. Now we're back and it's going to be a long two hours until I can leave.
  • VarunaTT said:
    I JUST BOUGHT ANI DIFRANCO TICKETS, I'M FINALLY GETTING TO SEE ANI DIFRANCO, I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!
    #envious

@Casadena, my brother sang the National Anthem for one of our minor league baseball teams years ago. He really enjoyed it. Break a nail on the audition.

I am so glad this week is over. DW met me at work, and when we got home, I walked the dogs while she made dinner. Then we picked someone up for our Friday night meeting.

Tomorrow is packed for me. In the morning, I’m distributing food bags for seniors and disabled folks. After that is my book discussion, then I’m meeting my sponsor and probably going to my writing group.

Sunday I’m finishing laundry and cleaning the house. I’m a bit of a tornado when I clean, so DW is going to camp out at Starbucks for a few hours while I do that.