Wedding Woes

What would WW do?

I am in a slight predicament. I had a summons for Jury Duty 3 months ago the week my daughter was due so I asked and received a postponement. Well, It is for next week and of course I just receive an email from a company I had a phone interview with that they would like me to come in for an interview next week. I read that you can only have 1 postponement but I suppose I can try. The company sounded like they are looking to fill the position right away so If I tell them I can't this week I might loose my shot. Ughh!

Re: What would WW do?

• Jstump2Jstump2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    sparklepants41 good suggestions, thanks! I think I am going to tell them about it and see if maybe I can do Friday this week. My summons says it is for a minimum of 5 days and I have to show up downtown Monday.
  • I would be honest as well.   This isn't a long term situation so I'd be clear that unfortunately you do have jury duty but you are available for an interview on X and then list all the days around it so it's clear that you are not trying to make up stuff. 

FWIW I'd be clear and do that quickly and would even say something like, "I'm happy to identify to you if I'm listed as not called the night before and can notify you if my availability changes." 
  • Doh!  Murphy's Law at work again, smh.

I agree with the other PPs.  Let the company know what's happening with the jury duty and hopefully they can work something around it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'm glad you were able to get the interview rescheduled so it won't conflict. Good luck!!
  • Phew!  Glad it all worked out!

• That's great. Good luck with the interview!
  • Good luck!! Glad everything worked out!

Fingers crossed you don't get picked on Monday!!!
  • I was going to say "If a company won't work with you in regard to being tied up for Jury Duty, chances are they won't work with you for other times you would need off either..", so glad they rescheduled the interview!  Good luck!!!